GTP Cool Wall: Results (read OP)

• Thread starter Snikle
  • 293 comments
Pardon me but I think I was responsible for all of this mess. If I didn't asked Neddo why he was excited for the Elibrea to be polled then concept cars shouldn't have been banned from the Cool Wall.

If I were to see someone poll a concept car that it looks bad as the Elibrea/Youabian/Devel, then I would ask him why would he nominate it. If he answers similarly to Neddo, then I would ask him to change his nomination. As for choosing to nominate concept cars, I would at least not just look at the specs but the design.

Yay on banning the concepts, or at least creating separate cool walls for those and racers.

You're like a half year behind. They were phased out during November due to a lack of popularity.

Was it a lack of popularity or just a lack of someone wanting to manage it as a pet project? I imagine that it's a lot of work to keep on top of.

Having said that, most cars must have been covered by now. Certainly anything interesting one way or the other.

Was it a lack of popularity or just a lack of someone wanting to manage it as a pet project? I imagine that it's a lot of work to keep on top of.
I'm inclined to agree with the latter, but I suspect participation, rather than a lack thereof, also led to its demise. All the petty infighting revolving around the idea that "because I think something's cool, everyone has to," or "you not liking it doesn't mean it's not cool" or, my favorite (sarcasm), "it's not about what you think is cool, but what the hosts of some tv show think is cool, which is actually what some woman thinks is cool"--I don't miss any of it.

Having said that, most cars must have been covered by now. Certainly anything interesting one way or the other.
I find it interesting shocking that you can say that, seemingly straight-faced, all the while knowing full well that vehicles are still being developed, produced and sold.

:P

You're like a half year behind. They were phased out during November due to a lack of popularity.

Well the dude did just return after a vacation from this place. So...it stands to reason he'd be that far behind.
Thank you LMS.

Yes, due to college/life, plus fearing disappointment of the latest GT game, I’ve been absent from here for a very long time. Much longer than half a year. So apologies that I haven’t been able to keep up with things such as the cool wall.

As nice as it (sometimes) was, it was also a giant source of fighting. Not just normal fighting either; fighting over the stupidest of things. So perhaps it’s for the better that it’s done for now. I just wanted to double check that it was, indeed, cancelled.

So @Turbo reminded me that it's been one year since this ended. Decided to check in here and it seems I've missed some posts by a good few months.

Was it a lack of popularity or just a lack of someone wanting to manage it as a pet project?

I suppose there is some truth in the latter. Not that I couldn't keep things going if nominations hadn't pretty much ceased entirely.

Paraphrasing what I've said to Turbo: we've seen more threads springing up catering to specific motoring categories in recent times. With these sorts of discussions moving elsewhere along with a handful of members leaving the site, it was no surprise to see the CW take a hit. People could just choose any car of interest and post their take on it in a larger thread rather than put it to a vote with stringent (albeit fair) rules and, more often than not, a foregone conclusion. Plus it had quite frankly been done to death.

I imagine that it's a lot of work to keep on top of.

It wasn't as much of a handful to manage as one might think but it did become a bit of a tedious cycle that I won't miss.

There's actually a good chance of the CW returning without me having any part of it after New Year. Some people really want to give it a go and I'd rather not be harassed into handing it over deny them then chance to try and kick-start this thing, so whatever. :lol:

Being that the original post in this thread which contains all the results has reached its word count limit, I'm going to make a Google Doc and copy and paste all the results onto it. I'll link it in the OP.

Being that the original post in this thread which contains all the results has reached its word count limit, I'm going to make a Google Doc and copy and paste all the results onto it. I'll link it in the OP.
I know this is kinda late, but do you think you can maybe make a separate post in this thread for cars that have been polled after the revival?

I think that linking a google Doc with the results would be a better bet than a making a separate post, for the reason that a separate post would be buried at the end of this thread rather than in the OP.

I almost feel like putting everything into a google doc and just having that as the results page actually might make more sense. The current OP is incredably unyeildy at the moment.

Why not ask Jordan to place a second results post just below the OP? Keep the positive scores in the OP and move the negative scores into the new post.

Having the results visible on the site rather than a GDoc should also make it easier to check past nominations in case of accidental re-polling.

Back