HELP! Livery won't save, stuck rendering

United States
Space Coast
Chevy_Heavy
I just spent about an hour and a half on a livery. I go to save it and now it's stuck on the screen saying Please wait 0% Rendering. Of course I didn't save any progress while working on it. :banghead: I'd hate to have to start from scratch again. Anyone know of a solution or what options I have other than shutting down the game.

This happened to me twice, but thankfully I was only making a small change on an existing livery so I didn't lose much. You have to restart the game to get out. Ended up having to save it as a new entry instead of over writing. Then it worked fine.

I just spent about an hour and a half on a livery. I go to save it and now it's stuck on the screen saying Please wait 0% Rendering. Of course I didn't save any progress while working on it. :banghead: I'd hate to have to start from scratch again. Anyone know of a solution or what options I have other than shutting down the game.

Captain Hindsight top tip; Save more often!

To prevent it happening in future, you could consider changing the method your Playstation uses to connect to your internet. Connection can make a difference.

Also, one way of telling it's going to fail beforehand (not always), uploaded decals will stop showing up on the selection screen. If that happens, don't try and do anything else - just save (if you can) and quit the livery editor.

Last edited:
Captain Hindsight top tip; Save more often!

To prevent it happening in future, you could consider changing the method your Playstation uses to connect to your internet. Connection can make a difference.

Also, one way of telling it's going to fail beforehand (not always), uploaded decals will stop showing up on the selection screen. If that happens, don't try and do anything else - just save (if you can) and quit the livery editor.
I'm hard wired so that shouldn't be a problem. I did have this happen once before but like @R1600Turbo it was just updating a previous livery so not a big deal. However, like you mentioned the decals did have a problem loading at one point also. That should have been a red flag.

I got the same exact problem. I was working on a Livery for a Car, only for the Decals to no longer show up in the Menus. I try to leave the Livery Editor while Saving only for the game to be stuck on Rendering at 0%. I kept it up for like 5 minutes before I had to reset the game, and now my hours of work have been burnt down to the ground and vomited on. I'm never making another Car Livery in the game ever again. So much for all the Aftermarket Decals & Sorting Pains I had to go through.

In fact, I actually feel threatened to stop playing until official Service for the game shuts down. Maybe the Master Mod will allow people to download a massive Decal pack of all Decals uploaded to the official Server 6 years from now.

Last edited:
only for the Decals to no longer show up in the Menus.
Internet connection issues then, not the game's fault. If it happens and won't let you properly save let it sit for 30-60min and it'll maybe create a backup that you can load after restarting the game.

Internet connection issues then, not the game's fault. If it happens and won't let you properly save let it sit for 30-60min and it'll maybe create a backup that you can load after restarting the game.
It IS the game's fault if it demands an internet connection & ends up deleting your work out of nowhere. This could've easily been resolved if the game simply saved stuff in the system and not some server. Erasing custom content that's being worked on should never happen.

I got the same exact problem. I was working on a Livery for a Car, only for the Decals to no longer show up in the Menus. I try to leave the Livery Editor while Saving only for the game to be stuck on Rendering at 0%. I kept it up for like 5 minutes before I had to reset the game, and now my hours of work have been burnt down to the ground and vomited on. I'm never making another Car Livery in the game ever again. So much for all the Aftermarket Decals & Sorting Pains I had to go through.

In fact, I actually feel threatened to stop playing until official Service for the game shuts down. Maybe the Master Mod will allow people to download a massive Decal pack of all Decals uploaded to the official Server 6 years from now.
I've had it happen a few times to me. I think I've narrowed it down to clicking through the decal menus too fast and not allowing the decals to load. When I know the decal I want is on a certain page I get in a hurry. I've since learned to be more patient and work slower. Also, as others have mentioned save more often. I really wish they would bring back folders so you could put all the decals you're working with in one place instead of having to click through multiple pages repeatedly. :banghead:

This of course is your choice, the other option being... y'know, just actually save more often to avoid losing 'hours of work'.
Oh, OK, but how was I supposed to know beforehand that I was going to risk losing my hours of work? I've never heard of people losing their own Livery work in the game until it happened to me yesterday when I decided to look up if others suffered from the same issue. AFTER it was happening to me, may I remind you.

Last edited:
I've learned to save more often to prevent this.
Even after every decal i'll save it,you'll never know when the game stops working,so i'm not frustrated anymore when this s**t happens.

Lost some hours of work also couple times.

Oh, OK, but how was I supposed to know beforehand that I was going to risk losing my hours of work?
Unless you're under the impression something is autosaving, it's always a possibility when using pretty much any type of computing device. If you're doing something for hours, save it as you go... it's just common sense.

I really wish they would bring back folders so you could put all the decals you're working with in one place instead of having to click through multiple pages repeatedly

That's what I use the favourites list for... seems to work quite well.

This thread saved me. I noticed while doing my BWT livery, with over 300 water drop decals that the decal thumbnails had disappeared. I knew from reading this that that would cause s save issue. I walked away for around 10 min and they all populated back in. Saved without issue. Thank you all for the info you share everyday.

Restarted redoing the whole Livery from scratch, made some changes. Was about to finish by adding Logos. I saved the Livery multiple times this time, but now the game absolutely refuses to load the Livery I haven't even finished again after the Decals in the menus no longer appear again. I've let it wait for over 5 minutes until I had reset the game twice when it still refused to load, still not loading, it's just stuck on the logo with the circle. If this means my Livery has been corrupted and lost despite appearing in my Livery list, that will mean that I lost all my progress and I have to restart for the SECOND TIME ALL OVER AGAIN!!!

Last edited:
I'm repeating myself
It's not Internet connection issues. The rest of the game works, I get Internet on my Playstation 3, other games work perfectly. What is Gran Turismo 7's excuse to stay stuck on a Loading Screen I can quit out of back to the menu? I've already retried & reset the system tons of times and they don't work.

Restarted redoing the whole Livery from scratch, made some changes. Was about to finish by adding Logos. I saved the Livery multiple times this time, but now the game absolutely refuses to load the Livery I haven't even finished again after the Decals in the menus no longer appear again. I've let it wait for over 5 minutes until I had reset the game twice when it still refused to load, still not loading, it's just stuck on the logo with the circle. If this means my Livery has been corrupted and lost despite appearing in my Livery list, that will mean that I lost all my progress and I have to restart for the SECOND TIME ALL OVER AGAIN!!!

For what it's worth I've never had a livery corrupt due to this issue.

It's not Internet connection issues. The rest of the game works, I get Internet on my Playstation 3, other games work perfectly. What is Gran Turismo 7's excuse to stay stuck on a Loading Screen I can quit out of back to the menu? I've already retried & reset the system tons of times and they don't work.

It's not guaranteed to work, but it was 100% the difference between a livery uploaded, and not uploading for me in the past. And it's not to do with the quality or speed of internet connection, but the type. For me, I had to go from a WiFi connection to a wired connection, other people have had success going the other way, but there's no doubt, for me it went from not working 90% of the time, to working 99.5% of the time, and as with you, I had NO problems with my connection on anything else.

Might not fix the issue, but it's worth a try.

It's not internet connection issues. It's happened to me several times. Since the last update mine is doing this again. It also did it often before the update prior to the last one. Even when I go to load the game it won't load about 3 out of ten times. I never have an issue in liveries starting out, only when a livery gets heavy, almost done. Definitely save you liv often and get you most important work done early. Be prepared for the last touches to be a struggle... By the way I'm on ps4

Since the last update mine is doing this again. It also did it often before the update prior to the last one. Even when I go to load the game it won't load about 3 out of ten times. I never have an issue in liveries starting out, only when a livery gets heavy, almost done. Definitely save you liv often and get you most important work done early. Be prepared for the last touches to be a struggle... By the way I'm on ps4

Quite strangely, I have the game loading issue on 2 of 3 accounts. But worse than that, since either 1:29 or 1:30, liveries that are currently on a car won't load. The wheel just spins around. I cannot even change wheels or aero because the game treats them as part of the livery, so I have to reset to the factory livery.

I've lost liveries because I didn't save enough, but until the update, I never ever been locked out because the game doesn't load what's already on the car.

My router is 10 feet from my Playstation. I'd use a wired connection, but because of the way the room is laid out and having a solid-surface floor, I'd have to get creative and need at least 30 or 40 feet of cable. And as I said, this never ever happened until the last update or two.

My router is 10 feet from my Playstation. I'd use a wired connection, but because of the way the room is laid out and having a solid-surface floor, I'd have to get creative and need at least 30 or 40 feet of cable. And as I said, this never ever happened until the last update or two.
You could test the theory fairly easily with a shorter cable though? If it solves the issue at least you know what it is.

My router is 10 feet from my Playstation. I'd use a wired connection, but because of the way the room is laid out and having a solid-surface floor, I'd have to get creative and need at least 30 or 40 feet of cable.
Wired connection made a huge difference in many ways for me. Totally worth the hassle. (PS4)

liveries that are currently on a car won't load. The wheel just spins around.
Wired or not wired, in my PS4 it sometimes (if not often...) happens right from the start, after entering Car Customisation. A little workaround I found: just changing to a random car, it only needs to be in its original livery and have a Style saved in My Items. Then back to Car Customisation and Load a Style from My Items, "Success" and exit exit exit to garage again to load the car I want to edit. Now it all works as normal, at least temporarily (not sure for how long).

Edit: added a video

Last edited:
PD hasn't fixed this yet. I'm baffled.
Also because it happens not only on PS4 (my case) but also on the PS5, which is supposed to have a complete new type of architecture and very fast loading/saving times.

I searched for this thread (not the first one I'm seeing about this specific issue) because this started happening again yesterday on my end.
Imagine if it took me an entire day to make the livery and I tried to save it when I was done with it, only to realize it couldn't get saved and got rendered endlessly.

Luckily, it gets stuck only now that I want to add a couple of stickers and a shadow effect. The whole livery is still pretty decent and can be loaded. But no matter what I do (even changing that specific sticker and save it) it doesn't render it. The circle keeps spinning for hours, so all I can do is quit GT7, re-enter, and see that nothing new has been saved on it. Obviously.

EDIT: I'll try @StPeterMartyr 's workaround when I have time. Thanks.

EDIT 2: Nope this method didn't work for me.
But I previously made a copy of the same design because I knew it was giving me problems. So today I deleted the most recent one, loaded the "old" one (identical in decals and identical in issues), made the few changes on it, and oddly enough it did work. It saved the design. Then I managed to save the style and upload it, and closing GT Auto I had no problem...

Last edited:
@hardvibes

Another method that works (sometimes, I guess): once overwriting the style and the rendering gets stuck, I let the console (PS4) switch into rest mode (after 1 hour), then turn it on again, launch GT7, Open design, new message never seen before "Files have been recovered from the design list", OK and click on the first "Recovered files" icon, save it as a new style - not overwrite it (not sure if this is important).

Attachments

• Gran Turismo™ 7_20230512144814(1).png
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20230512144814(1).png
    103.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20230512144829(1).png
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20230512144829(1).png
    129.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
This been happening more and more lately.

How i avoid this from happening (dunno if it's only me tho?), but i try and put on a decal i downloaded. if it appears save, but if it doens't load, i know my livery isn't gonna render either.

Back