How Forza Could Come to PlayStation: Microsoft Reportedly Considering Third-Party Platforms

• Thread starter Famine
  • 103 comments
The plan to move Xbox games to other platforms is codenamed "Latitude" internally, and I know there's debate and unease at Microsoft about whether or not this is a good idea. More upcoming Microsoft-owned games slated for PlayStation are already being developed. While it's true Microsoft is a prolific publisher on PlayStation already, it has typically revolved around specific franchises like Minecraft. From what I've heard, Microsoft is pushing for no "red line" for what games could come to PlayStation, and it all revolves around Satya Nadella and CFO Amy Hood's plans to increase every department's margins.

The problem is in the past week the question has shifted from "Why buy an Xbox then?" to "Why care about anything Microsoft does in this industry at all?" when people are increasingly unconvinced that they won't just dump the entire division 5 years from now making the Activision buyout a waste of everyone's time.

Last edited:
They made their bed with the xbox one, all those bad decisions have caught up with them. I did not care about replacing mine at all when it died, since I liked the PS4 side of things way more.

Now there’s no point in buying a series x over a PS5, especially if you already have a pc. Then there’s the S, which is another silly way they shot themselves in the foot over the long term.

Last edited:
I must be in a minority now, but as an owner of both a PS5 and a Series X, I genuinely prefer the Series X. It's just less of a hassle, turn it on and it immediately works, connects quickly to the WiFi, presents you with a clear, logically set out interface to select your game and runs several multiplatform games probably marginally better. Using a Series X is just familiar and easy. It makes your life simple. It does backwards compatability really well too. I think its only downside as a piece of tech is that nothing feels 'new', everything's overly familiar.

Not saying the PS5 is a hassle, but its more niggly. It doesn't connect as reliably to the WiFi, it throws a fit if there's been a power cut, I've had the odd corrupted data issue, and if you want to up the storage you have to fit a drive internally, etc.

I'd be sad if the Xbox kinda died out. I like my consoles reliable and hassle free and I think the XSX is great at that.

Last edited:
I must be in a minority now, but as an owner of both a PS5 and a Series X, I genuinely prefer the Series X. It's just less of a hassle, turn it on and it immediately works, connects quickly to the WiFi, presents you with a clear, logically set out interface to select your game and runs several multiplatform games probably marginally better. Using a Series X is just familiar and easy. It makes your life simple. It does backwards compatability really well too. I think its only downside as a piece of tech is that nothing feels 'new', everything's overly familiar.

I'd be sad if the Xbox kinda died out. I like my consoles reliable and hassle free and I think the XSX is great at that.
I will also be sad if XBox goes away. No experience with the PS5 myself, but I really like my Series X. Just works. Less headaches than my PC. Maybe the interface is a bit too familiar but I'm old and cranky so familiarity is a good thing to me. The controllers are great and fit my hands well, there's really nothing not to like, although it does shed a lot of heat. The trick is if a device of this nature isn't shedding heat like crazy it's got heat soak somewhere, which obviously affects longevity, high powered graphics processors make a ton of it and it's got to go somewhere.

Think Microsoft really did themselves no favours by (seemingly) prioritizing S deliveries over X back when these were new and there was a huge demand for them. They should have held off on the S until later and leaned harder on producing X consoles.

Plus, no matter which side you fall on, competitoon improves the breed regardless. Which makes things better for every one of us end users.

The plan to move Xbox games to other platforms is codenamed "Latitude" internally, and I know there's debate and unease at Microsoft about whether or not this is a good idea. More upcoming Microsoft-owned games slated for PlayStation are already being developed. While it's true Microsoft is a prolific publisher on PlayStation already, it has typically revolved around specific franchises like Minecraft. From what I've heard, Microsoft is pushing for no "red line" for what games could come to PlayStation, and it all revolves around Satya Nadella and CFO Amy Hood's plans to increase every department's margins.
A thought provoking read. It seems that Microsoft keep making the same mistake over and over again.

Both companies suck in their own ways. The console wars remind me of South Park. A giant douche vs a turd sandwich.

kjb
I don't know own an Xbox and never have but I hate see them go away because Sony needs competition to be at their best
I dont agree to the general idea that a competititve market leads to the best products for customers.
Instead you could say "with no direct competitor releasing games of the same category, you have more time to spend on delivering the quality you envision". Yet we know, the crunch is real, not going to happen because some unrelated yet cash-ready people on the flipside of every business demand instant-profits.

People say the competition 'pushes innovation and encourages one another to be the best they can' but really, its only necessary these days to keep the others in check. Without Xbox, Sony would be the only premium console maker around, meaning they have free reign to do / charge whatever they want for their console, services, games and more. Sony did try this with the PS3 and it absolutely blew up in their faces, but it has been nearly 20 years since that whole debacle and the gaming landscape if far different to what it once was.

meaning they have free reign to do / charge whatever they want for their console, services, games and more.
Free Market self regulation is a myth.
It is not the one going down with the price outselling the other, but the one going up with the price allowing the other to also increase it.

A bland McDonalds Hamburger now almost costs 200% more than 20years ago, albeit there is no change in demand, supply, or production.

Back