Is the Carrera RS engiene swap any good?

United States
United States
Been thinking about doing a swap for the Carrera RS '73. Is it any good, or does it ruin the cars like some of the other swaps in the game?

Thanks to a lack of rear downforce, it's a pretty tough car to control with over 400bhp, let alone what the 959 engine can put out once tuned. It depends how you're using the car I guess. With staggered tyre set-ups (Sports soft rear, sports hard or medium front for example) it will handle a bit more predictably. As engine swaps go, I'd say it's not one of the best. I've never driven the Carrera RS on its stock engine and thought it needed more power. The 1992 Carrera RS handles the same engine swap much better.

Last edited:
Thanks to a lack of rear downforce, it's a pretty tough car to control with over 400bhp, let alone what the 959 engine can put out once tuned. It depends how you're using the car I guess. With staggered tyre set-ups (Sports soft rear, sports hard or medium front for example) it will handle a bit more predictably. As engine swaps go, I'd say it's not one of the best. I've never driven the Carrera RS on its stock engine and thought it needed more power. The 1992 Carrera RS handles the same engine swap much better.
I think I'll wait for the 92 Carrera to do a swap. Thanks!

Back