• Thread starter Minty
  • 49 comments

Minty

<((_CRAYOLA__(()
Premium
United States
Pasadena, MD
Minty TS
So having recently redeemed my Forza rewards for a solid 4,000,000 credits I decided to go on a spending spree since I want my big ticket items to be something I raced and worked toward. So instead of saving I opted to get some of my must haves out of the way, as well as a few of the fun ones. This game was what originally made me love taking photos, and it's starting to make me love it all over again, so I'm planning on making photography outings regularly.

Here's how I blew my first quarter of the cash:

Brushed steel SLR McLaren:

Carbon Fiber(I know, unoriginal, but it contrasts with the blue accents well) Corvette ZR-1:

Ford GT with a polished aluminum stripe:

And a V-Tech(I think) swapped Mini with more horsepower than all 4 wheels can put to the ground:

I'll probably post more tomorrow if I'm able to get internet where I'll be for the next week.

The second SLR shot is brilliant. 👍

I wish they'd include the 722 splitter, or the 722 itself.

Thanks, the lighting on Spa is really fun to work with.

And that splitter would be great to have.

Interesting angles, number 3 definitely takes the cake for me.

I think you're both going to hate me for this, but try the Huayra out. It's fun to drive, downright pissy to drive fast, and the rear wheels are made of cheese.

Did I mention it was a blast to drive? :lol:

The third ZR1 shot stood out for me. The car looks realistic and there's a nice aperture on the distant scenery.

The vertical Zonda from above is also pleasing to me.

I think you're both going to hate me for this, but try the Huayra out.
I share your weakness for expensive Italian exotics, don't have that one, but I do have the Huarya :)
Honestly, I was sitting there for a good 5 minutes trying to decide between this an the Huayra. The only thing that eventually got me to make the decision I did was the extra 400k. I'll be sure to get myself one once I've got a healthy pile of credits again. But for now, I decided my garage could still do with some more variety.
VXR
The third ZR1 shot stood out for me. The car looks realistic and there's a nice aperture on the distant scenery.
That was actually the spot I had in mind when I chose the track to test the car. I'm really loving the new backdrop in Forza 5.
You just cost me 1.6 mil, too. Good job.

Haha, hope you love driving it as much as I do.

I realized my garage was lacking in American muscle, so I dropped a relatively small amount of coin on a Charger with blue metal flake paint. Really, really loving metal flake paint.

LFA with semi-gloss white, which is a paint finish I'm loving almost as much as metal flake.

And speaking of metal flake, I got myself a GTR with white paint/50% grey flake mix and I'm really loving the way it catches light.

And something I actually meant to buy much earlier on, but better late than never, I guess. I never thought I'd find a use for camo, but I felt it went with the gold frame color really well.

Gallardo Superleggera in(you guessed it) yellow metal flake.

Last edited:
VXR
Oh my, the LFA stood with the Yas Marina building behind is drop dead gorgeous.
Thanks:D. I spent a good 20 minutes trying to find a good angle on the building where I could get the whole car in.

I got a new S-Class toy, and she's a fire breather. :D

Sorta regretting the heavy vignette here. I was sorta hesitant with including this one, but I like it enough overall.

I have no idea why the "oh 🤬" handle draws my attention so much.

The detail in even the tiniest of reflections is phenomenal.

I didn't have the pair in mind when I started the race, but he just happened to be leading the pack at just the right moment.

I'll be honest, it was entirely dead luck that I happened to catch the flames.

Last edited:
Welcome to the Snake Pit! Great shot and I like the interior, too. It provides enough detail whilst giving the effect of potential in the car, with the grab handle and engine brace being in focus, hinting at its sheer power.

That's definitely the most interesting color combination for a Viper I've seen yet and you know what, it works!

Second and last shots take it for me. 👍

Wow. Simply wow..
Agreed, a sinister looking shot, nice.
Second and last shots take it for me. 👍
Thanks. :D
VXR
Welcome to the Snake Pit! Great shot and I like the interior, too. It provides enough detail whilst giving the effect of potential in the car, with the grab handle and engine brace being in focus, hinting at its sheer power.
Thank you. It actually took a bit of doing to find a way to wedge the camera in between the door and car so I could get an angle that would allow both parts to be in focus.
Camo def on the GTR looks sick :)
That's definitely the most interesting color combination for a Viper I've seen yet and you know what, it works!
It is, but I can't take credit for the design.

I still need to get back into the swing of things as far as livery editing, but I'm kinda putting it off until after I get all of my school work and holiday plans over and done with. This weather has been leaving me drained as far as creativity and inspiration go, though. I'm gonna be totally silent for a couple weeks while on vacation starting in a few days, so hopefully once I'm back from that I'll be able to find my groove again.

This one is actually my car, and I'm really enjoying driving the thing in C class. It's a handful, but if you can hold it together it's so quick:

This lighting engine really is something else.
And I am extremely pleased with the way this thing handles now. Once I get some money again I'll have to get one of my own:

It's got a fantastic booty, too.

I really can't get enough of this bridge. So many good photo ops in such a short span of track. Once I'm feeling creative again I'll have to spend more time on this track.

(Apparently I can't move threads on my own, so I'm guessing a mod has to do it.)

So I just recently watched Rush and immediately set my sights on Jame's Hunt's McLaren. After a solid 4 and a half hours of career races, I finally made my 1.6m credit target:

Still, all this time and all these cars later and I still keep getting distracted by the detail in those welds.

That tire flex. : O

The detail of the drivers face is actually really nice in this game. Never really noticed.

So it's been a few weeks, since for no particular reason I've hardly touched my Xbox since the last set, but I got back into it last night after nabbing the MC12 from the latest DLC. I missed this car so much, and I'm having a blast with it now that she's back.

It might just be because I haven't played in a couple weeks, but does it seem like the DLC cars are a bit more detailed than some of those already in the game? I mean...

...it's so good looking.

I'll be honest, I never noticed how thin the slats were over the vent. I love it.

See? They look awesome.

Taken through the blue glass at the edge of the pits. I had a couple better shots lined up, but each pane was too narrow.

This is my first intentionally out of focus shot...I feel like I need to practice with these more.

Words can't sum up how much I missed 'dat ass. :D

None of these were edited outside of removing the Forza logo from a couple of them.

Back