[MOD] - Gran Turismo Revival [WIP]

• Thread starter Rzeractor
  • 34 comments
Greetings! Wow, what a hiatus it has been, apologies to everybody who had been testing my mod and providing crucial feedback.
It has been quite some time since, and I wanted to give everybody an update.

After recognizing other modders have integrated many races similar to what I started out with on GT2, more specifically a plethora from Gran Turismo 1, 3 and 5, I have decided to merge changes with my mod into these as a base.

what that means for the user is you will get the best of both worlds, along with features I will also introduce.

My mod from now-on, will be based off Performance Mod v1.0 and improving things on-top

So you will require:
Code:
GT6 Spec II
    Customise Mod v.7
        Performance Mod v.9
            Performance Mod 1.0

These modders have added a plethora of content to GT6 already, including races from GT1, 3 and even 5 and Sport.

Forthcoming features:

• All my GT2 races will be in their own folder from now-on
  • All races will use fuel usage, tyre wear and heavy damage (you will need to pit to repair)
  • New and improved endurances (a combination of 1-2 hour events and even some seasons of the World Endurance Championship)
  • AI given one or two tiers up for tyre choice & some power upgrades to create a more challenging race
  • Events that utilize rolling starts with higher-powered cars/events will be in closer formation
  • Grid starts spread out
  • A plethora of one-make & 'car feature' races to be added (BMW ///M Cup, V10-only, Super Saloons, and my personal favourite: 'Beat the Supercar with your beater' Challenges
And the big two - different & random prize cars rewarded

And experimental engine swaps!
Gran Turismo®6.png

Some text placeholders need to be fixed, but here is a Stingray with a Chevelle 454 swap, and tuning can still be performed on top. PP is calculated automatically.

By all means, I am taking requests for engine swaps you want to see, or events you want to race.

Just a small update, an alpha release soon!

New(er) features added:
  • Dynamic weather seeds - I ran a python script to modify event values that affect the weather to generate a completely random weather seed and weather wetting/drying rates/values. This should hopefully add some race intensity
  • Currently there are about 20 cars that are available with engine swapped variants. This is a timely process but more will come
  • Have been testing and adjusting many distances of the rolling starts, some even double file depending on the cars and tracks as mentioned in a prior post
  • Implemented far more usages of lesser-used tracks. Removed many uses of Silverstone
  • Prize cars awarded after event completions
  • Alpha-stage of coding a used car rotating dealership

1714973976481.png
Thanks for the support with those that have DM'd so far and have commented on the Discord thread!

Last edited:
I noticed something recently, that some "standard" cars look a bit better than others.

No, not the "semi-premiums"..

Cars on the PS2 games seemed to have some sort of effect on the car's texture that helped give the panel gaps some depth, maybe just being a separate layer on top? But in GT5 and 6 the standards mostly don't. Except, at least in GT6, I noticed that a few do have that. I wonder if that could be interesting to look at, maybe for focusing on them a bit for opponents lists? And/or used car list.

Also..

[...]experimental engine swaps!
View attachment 1349244
Some text placeholders need to be fixed, but here is a Stingray with a Chevelle 454 swap[...]
I just thought now if maybe the name would look better if it was structured as "Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C3) '69 / 454 Swap", sort of like how the modification "comes after the car".

I guess I'm sort of thinking on how it would look in alphabetical order, since I save lots of reference pictures for car color/designs/liveries and stuff, and have to name them in a particular way for them to have a nice, clean order).

Hope you're doing good and able to work on the mod, I would love to see some more progress on this.

Just a small update, an alpha release soon!

New(er) features added:
  • Dynamic weather seeds - I ran a python script to modify event values that affect the weather to generate a completely random weather seed and weather wetting/drying rates/values. This should hopefully add some race intensity
  • Currently there are about 20 cars that are available with engine swapped variants. This is a timely process but more will come
  • Have been testing and adjusting many distances of the rolling starts, some even double file depending on the cars and tracks as mentioned in a prior post
  • Implemented far more usages of lesser-used tracks. Removed many uses of Silverstone
  • Prize cars awarded after event completions
  • Alpha-stage of coding a used car rotating dealership

View attachment 1353095
Thanks for the support with those that have DM'd so far and have commented on the Discord thread!
Cool to see someone else giving the UCD idea a shot. Is there a specific way you've decided to implement it? I.e. totally random, specified lists per week like GT4, etc?

Back