Motegi is Coming Back to Gran Turismo, Says Super GT Driver

• Thread starter Famine
  • 125 comments
Monaco is the worst circuit in Europe.
Motegi is great, love it, really looking forward to it. But also agree that Sugo would be even more ideal, love that track.
I think the environment of Motegi is kinda boring and kinda comparable to Autopolis or Fuji. Sugo has verticality, forests, trees, man, what a track.

I also have Okoyama higher in regard but again, really happy to see this new track.
Okoyama was the track used in 1994/5 for the F1 Pacific GP right?

Even this seems too optimistic, sadly.
Right, it's foolish to expect Pikes Peak, how about just Eiger, Motegi and Apricot by 2026, then? They can all be reasonably expected, though the only one seen behind the scenes is Eiger Nordwand.

I suppose I should probably expect something more unexpected, like Okayama or Motorland Aragón.

Would have preferred Pyongyang but Motegi's ok I guess.

1000012165.png

On the subject of the speedway course, why hasn't GT ever created an original car based on stock car specifications like how they invented their original kart and F1500T-A?
My take is that the Camaro that recently raced at Le Mans would be the best choice, since it actually has functioning lights and is built for more than just ovals.

Last edited:
SBX
NASCAR @ SUZUCAR 4o Relz?!🤯

Would be awesome if PD adds in flat birds-eye view cam from @26:22 mark;

Holy! How long Jeff Gordon been sporting that #24?!😲 Bonkers!

Gt7 have this camera. Try music reply and there is a glitch i think you can keep the camera fixed in this view

I do think a track will come to GT7 in May or June.

But we’ve really had no indication from in-game data Motegi is imminent. There’s a list doing the rounds and, as far as I’m aware, Motegi hasn’t been mentioned.

I’d be happy with a test track or some kind of online meeting place like we saw with the Top Gear track in GT5.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to Motegi's return, hopefully it can take one of the few spots left in GT7s update schedule, assuming two tracks per year... let's play, Guess That Roadmap!

June 2024: Eiger Nordwand
November 2024: Mobility Resort Motegi
June 2025: Pikes Peak International Hill Climb
November 2025: Apricot Hill
I doubt gt7 Will get much content after summer next year its safe to say gt8 Will be revealed around june 2025

Motegi is pretty cool, Monaco no thanks.
I don't really understand the point with this track when we lack Silverstone, Motegi or original tracks like Apricot Hill or Autumn Ring.
i really dont understand the fascination with silverstone.

its flat and boring, ESPECIALLY in it's current configuration.

For me, I always liked Silverstone because of BTCC. High speed into Copse, Maggotts, Becketts, Hangar Straight. I welcome a flat circuit when pretty much most circuits in the game are high elevation changes.

Motegi would be a change as it’s not that big of an elevation change over the lap. Same with Gilles Villeneuve and Edit: Misano. Really cool flat circuits like Silverstone.

Last edited:
Since Middle East seems to be the new frontier also for motorsport, I wouldn't mind if circuits like Bahrain, Dubai or Qatar arrived... Or even Abu Dhabi. Not Jeddah perhaps.

They are not exactly my favorite tracks, also because those countries have no motorsport tradition... But as I said before, we must take note that the Middle East is now becoming a new frontier in motorsport too.

I wouldn't mind a track in China (Shanghai or Zhuhai) either.

I enjoy flat as a pancake Zhuhai in PC2. That would be another track players complain about with stop/start straight sections and acute angle corners.
Oschersleben is another. Hockenheimring. Valencia. We could keep rattling off such circuits.

Looking at Motegi. It has lots to offer with all its layouts. Good circuit.

For me, I always liked Silverstone because of BTCC. High speed into Copse, Maggotts, Becketts, Hangar Straight. I welcome a flat circuit when pretty much most circuits in the game are high elevation changes.

Motegi would be a change as it’s not that big of an elevation change over the lap. Same with Gilles Villeneuve and Milano. Really cool flat circuits like Silverstone.
Which is the Milano circuit you mention though? I must have missed something

Since Middle East seems to be the new frontier also for motorsport, I wouldn't mind if circuits like Bahrain, Dubai or Qatar arrived... Or even Abu Dhabi. Not Jeddah perhaps.

They are not exactly my favorite tracks, also because those countries have no motorsport tradition... But as I said before, we must take note that the Middle East is now becoming a new frontier in motorsport too.

I wouldn't mind a track in China (Shanghai or Zhuhai) either.
Maybe we could get the proposed new Saudi F1 track, because it belongs in a game more than reality.

IMG_4309.jpg

IMG_4310.jpg

I enjoy flat as a pancake Zhuhai in PC2. That would be another track players complain about with stop/start straight sections and acute angle corners.
Oschersleben is another. Hockenheimring. Valencia. We could keep rattling off such circuits.

Looking at Motegi. It has lots to offer with all its layouts. Good circuit.
I fully agree...

Motegi would be a change as it’s not that big of an elevation change over the lap. Same with Gilles Villeneuve and Edit: Misano. Really cool flat circuits like Silverstone.
I fully agree....silverstone would be no.1 choice...and since PD looks for iconic ones..what's more iconic then SILVERSTONE

Back