Oil stains & dust in GT7? Blink and you'll miss it.

• Thread starter Kazz
  • 11 comments
Something I noticed in the State of Play for GT7. Being able to remove oil stains, dust, dents, scratches and lens cracks in photo mode. How are these oil stains going to be formed I wonder? Will they stay on the car after the race? Which would finally give a reason for being able to wash your car... 😁

Screenshot_20220205-214707_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20220205-214721_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20220205-232801_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Good find. The dirt element is something that has been missing from the GT series for a long time now; the GT series since GT4 has always had problems with sterile graphics that don't look like reality.

Awesome! I hope stuff like this lasts through races - cars will obviously dirty up over time, but if I scratch my car or it gets covered in muck in a long race I want that stuff to stay until I get it serviced at GT Auto, instead of looking essentially good as new as soon as I enter the next race.

It'll be just the same as Sport dirt tracks, but instead of mud splatter it'll be oil.

This is the maximum mud and dust that can be accumulated in Sport.

20220205163040vwj41.jpg

202202051631219pkgu.jpg

granturismosport_202269ksg.jpg

This was from running the AI at 70x normal game speed, so about 8 hours of running.
Hopefully it being oil means it picks up faster in everyday races. The dirt looks great but its so slow to accumulate without actively trying to get it that it may as well not be there.

Plus, it incentives washing your car every now and then if its noticeable, instead of it being mostly a gimmick (or not.. because it does look kind of cool..)

I'm so much more inclined to care about my car & my car collection if they can get affected like this, it gives you a reason to wash it and drive it nicely like its yours if there's lasting impacts to the way you treat it.

Last edited:
T
Something I noticed in the State of Play for GT7. Being able to remove oil stains, dust, dents, scratches and lens cracks in photo mode. How are these oil stains going to be formed I wonder? Will they stay on the car after the race? Which would finally give a reason for being able to wash your car... 😁

View attachment 1111644View attachment 1111645View attachment 1111664

This is a great find and helps leveling up a little bit of the hype.

It'll be just the same as Sport dirt tracks, but instead of mud splatter it'll be oil.

This is the maximum mud and dust that can be accumulated in Sport.

20220205163040vwj41.jpg

202202051631219pkgu.jpg

granturismosport_202269ksg.jpg

This was from running the AI at 70x normal game speed, so about 8 hours of running.
Ahh yes the good old Need For Speed Most Wanted 2005 Damage model, state of the art stuff right there.

Back