Open message to Polyphony Digital....

• Thread starter jrbabbitt
  • 92 comments

jrbabbitt

Premium
United States
Charleston, SC
TCR_JimyBee
I do understand this is a public forum that is in no way officially connected or unofficially connected to polyphony digital or Sony Entertainment but I find it impossible to believe that nobody from polyphony digital reads this forum so I'm still making an open message hoping that somebody reads this from PD.

PD, you have embarrassed yourselves with your latest update 1.44 on Gran Turismo 7 you added a race specifically the WTC 900 at Circuit de Le Sarthe, 24hrs du mans. This is a 10 lap race That Pays 400,000 credits it takes 40 minutes to run this race.
If you were running in the WTC 700 race which is a 30 minute race it pays 550,000 credits.
This is a slap in the face to all of us who have been begging repeatedly for proper endurance races in this game.

Shame on you PD you really messed this up and it needs fixing.

It costs nothing to try 😅

But regarding prizes, it's been years with totally uncoherent prizes, so it is absolutely hopeless. No hope to have new alternatives to grind credits.

Bit of an overboard title (as is "you've embarrassed yourselves" and "a slap in the face") for what amounts to "I think one race pays out too little".

Newsflash: they virtually all pay too little.

I do understand this is a public forum that is in no way officially connected or unofficially connected to polyphony digital or Sony Entertainment but I find it impossible to believe that nobody from polyphony digital reads this forum so I'm still making an open message hoping that somebody reads this from PD.
They do. I wouldn't expect them, or anyone, to pay too much heed to this one, especially with the tone and language used.

This is a slap in the face to all of us who have been begging repeatedly for proper endurance races in this game.

Why?

Your post is a complaint about pay outs. Not getting proper endurance races is a slap in the face to those wanting endurance races, but you've framed your complaint entirely as the Cr. return for a given time - the thing you're saying you want isn't addressed by the complaint you're making.

Getting full on 6/12/24 hour races would address the complaint, and it would address it even if the pay out was 1 Cr. Changing the WTC900 pay out to 1,000,000 Cr. might rectify your complaint, but it wouldn't make it a proper endurance race.

Tantrum Crying GIF

They do. I wouldn't expect them, or anyone, to pay too much heed to this one, especially with the tone and language used.
I have no reason to doubt you and I agree with your main point but it feels like they aren't listening to the constructive criticism either. Either way, your comment does provide a bit of reassurance.

I do feel strongly about this issue, and to answer it is a longer race than the 30 minute one and should have had a better payout like in reference the 1million for the 1 hour at Spa, not less than the 30 minutes...

Everyone wanted the Toyota and just got it.
Not everyone, I didn't know that vehicle existed before this update but I'm excited to try it out. I'm happy for those who wanted it and got the vehicle.

This topic (imho) has less to do about vehicle additions because someone will always feel slighted that their desired vehicle isn't in the game. It's more so about fundamental aspects of the game that are broken or unfinished.

Not having a timing screen in VR is one such example and it's been over a year since VR was added to the game. Another example is the new Fanatec DD Extreme... PD has already nerfed that wheel (they have a history of doing this) and they still haven't supported the new API to improve FFB...

PD may be reading/listening but they AREN'T communicating and they have yet to act on longstanding issues. That's not up for debate. But at the same time, they've provided a bunch of "free" updates that shouldn't be overlooked or be unappreciated.

Last edited:

PD, you have embarrassed yourselves with your latest update 1.44 on Gran Turismo 7 you added a race specifically the WTC 900 at Circuit de Le Sarthe, 24hrs du mans. This is a 10 lap race That Pays 400,000 credits it takes 40 minutes to run this race.
If you were running in the WTC 700 race which is a 30 minute race it pays 550,000 credits.

Shame on you PD you really messed this up and it needs fixing.
First time? Where have you been when they added only one proper pay out event like Spa 1 hour in post launch update? (Missions sadly can't be included, because it's a one time pay out, real shame there) I'm sorry, but they just want you to be engaged further and further into this game by making you await newer events. Call it some kind of mechanism.

For all we know they could easily add endurance events with very great payouts, but no it's a live-service game at it's rotten core. Sad truth really.

It's like you're walking in the desert for a long time, feeling dry because you haven't drank any water. You notice random small pool of moist on the sand for no reason, but it's saves you...for now, but you know it wasn't enough. So you keep going and rince and repeat, not being able to quench your thirst.

Last edited:
2 years in it's pretty clear how much value PD gives a players time.

That being said, 2 overlapping TTs net 4m credits for colds with a bit of effort (not time always)

Weekly challenges at least the first race is the most efficient in the game to make 100k

It always makes me think why people are willing to put time in to grind money but just ignore the money side and race the same distance with more variety.

Its all horses for courses and everyone's mileage varies on these things.

Go on and ignore but I still firmly believe that PD has done the user base wrong that wanted decent endurance races, I can accept the lower payout but to add one race that is just nearly minutes over the 30 minute race we have at that very same track, it's inconceivable!

Go on and ignore but I still firmly believe that PD has done the user base wrong that wanted decent endurance races, I can accept the lower payout but to add one race that is just nearly minutes over the 30 minute race we have at that very same track, it's inconceivable!
Read my previous message please, because to be honest there is no need for complains...it's either custom races fun or wait for GT8, well something like that, trust me there is sadly no point.

Last edited:
That race is a joke .

Race it just once ( stock GT one ) to see what's the CRB but didn't get it 🤣
I step on pit exit line ( 1 sec. penalty) and two others of 0.500 its ( ignoring track limits ) and i " kiss the baby " .
PD does everything to keep everyone who needs to grid in the same 4 races from the beginning of the game .

Another waste ...... bites the ......crap.

It really surprises me that people still don't understand the **** payouts are intentional.

Almost every other game fanbase I've been part of where MTX plays a role in the economy, has understood its effect on payouts and pricing. Yet I constantly see things like this, or people claiming that the pricing/payouts aren't due to MTX.

It's intentional. The game is designed to be tedious so that more casual players say **** it and press that "top up on ps store" button

Last edited by a moderator:
It really surprises me that people still don't understand the **** payouts are intentional.

Almost every other game fanbase I've been part of where MTX plays a role in the economy, has understood its effect on payouts and pricing. Yet I constantly see things like this, or people claiming that the pricing/payouts aren't due to MTX.

It's intentional. The game is designed to be tedious so that more casual players say **** it and press that "top up on ps store" button
I guess. I just find it hard to believe casual players of a game like this say that very often. I'd be more inclined to believe casual players of GT7 are likely to say "**** it" and put the game on the shelf never to be played again - and judging by the numbers of people who take part in the online TT every week relative to total sales numbers of GT7 it appears to me a huge number of casual players have already said that. Especially when we're talking about $200 real dollars being needed to buy one 20 mil legends car.

But I know..."whales." Yeah, I guess that's it. However, it's not like game devs have never been wrong before about design choices they've made...

I guess. I just find it hard to believe casual players of a game like this say that very often. I'd be more inclined to believe casual players of GT7 are likely to say "**** it" and put the game on the shelf never to be played again - and judging by the numbers of people who take part in the online TT every week relative to total sales numbers of GT7 it appears to me a huge number of casual players have already said that. Especially when we're talking about $200 real dollars being needed to buy one 20 mil legends car.

But I know..."whales." Yeah, I guess that's it. However, it's not like game devs have never been wrong before about design choices they've made...
I used to see "no it's not, I don't feel pressured to buy MTX!" A TON on the subreddit, but then again we all know redditors aren't the brightest.

MTX is always aimed at Whales and casuals. The in-between either stops playing or strategizes, in my experience. Although you're completely correct about many just shelving it. I often wonder how many of the TT entries are the only time each week someone fires up the game.

In terms of sales vs gameplay, also agree. Iirc someone around here broke down the trophy unlock %s and its not pretty lol

Last edited:
Back