ORS GT | Season 2

• Thread starter Oniichan
  • 321 comments
ORS GT | SEASON 2 | TEST RACE | PRE RACE BRIEFING

ORS_GT_S2_TestRacel_zps45fbd710.jpg

To kick of Season 1 of the ORS GT we will be having a test race on the 23rd September (Monday) around Grand Valley Speedway for a 36 lap race.

The following ORS Rules apply at all times during qualifying and racing.

- 2 wheels must stay inside the white line.
- Drivers must ensure when entering the pits that they nor their b-spec driver cuts the white lines
- Drivers must stay inside pit exit line when exiting pits
- Regardless of position when overtaking the car in front has the ownership of the racing line
- Lapped cars must give way to leaders of the race and not become an obstacle
- Ramming not tolerated
- Foul language not tolerated
- Please keep text comments to a minimum while qualifying sessions are underway
- Text chat can only be used by stewards during a race

Be careful when entering the pits. Entering to fast will see you getting reset and losing time. I recommended everyone practice their pit entry.

A full list of penalties and the points that will be applied to a driver for each penalty can be found by clicking the banner below.

If you do have an off be wary of the reduced grip level once you've rejoined the track. Also when rejoining, please aware of your position on the track relative to your fellow races. Drivers rejoining the track must give way to race traffic and not become an obstruction.

All drivers must ensure they have set their cars to the required specifications (see page 1) for the race. Failure to comply can results in disqualification from the race to removal from the series.

Now finally all drivers will qualify and start the race on Racing Hards for this test race.

Regards,

Oni
ORS Committee

Hey guys.

Thanks for showing up and participating in the first test race. I have take note of each cars sector and lap times. Below you will see some minor specification changes to some cars.

ORS_GT_S2_SpecsV3_zps09d7fa31.jpg

These specs are now in effect. You will see slight BHP changes to the GTR, Gallardo and R8 as well as a PP adjustment for the Viper.

Sorry guys, a work issue last night kept me offline and missed the race. Had to drop everything and dash back to work. Will the there for race one :)

Sorry I bailed before the race finished last night. As I mentioned last night my R8 wasn't going to get any quicker and it was WAY off the pace. I plan to test the other Tier 2 cars and will decide hopefully by the end of the week which car is right for me.

It's looking like the Evora's and the Corvette's will be the cars to catch this season. Caught a bit of the battle between Oni and Lost before I left and it's certainly going to be a tough fight.

After doing some more testing I've decided to move from the Corvette back to the McLaren.
Lock it in Oni :D

Just a reminder to all that your car reservation is only valid until midnight tonight. You can choose to reserve the same car again for another 48 hours but after that its open season on the cars. So if you have already decided on your car i suggest you lock it in.

I am having heaps of trouble controlling the Lambo on 10/90 split, what car would you recommend that has a mostly controlled rear end?

Just a reminder to all that your car reservation is only valid until midnight tonight. You can choose to reserve the same car again for another 48 hours but after that its open season on the cars. So if you have already decided on your car i suggest you lock it in.

Unfortunately I won't get a chance to do any proper testing until Wednesday or maybe even Thursday night. So I will just have to take my chances with the remaining Tier 2 cars.

Reserve the mp4 for me atm seeing gtv has taken one of them still got further testing to do today thanks for setup jtv for mp4

Last edited:
Oniichan

Oni, may i suggest you provide an updated list of who's got yeah car, so we can review what is available?

At this stage, even though i haven't even touched the car, i am planning to stick with the lambo, but would all like to see what is out there.
Cheers

The list hasn't changed much with the exception that Jon and Lost jumped out of the Corvette and into the McLaren.

Full Time Drivers
GTP_JTV - McLaren MP4-12C
lost-on-drugz - McLaren MP4-12C
Rod_AUS - Lamborghini LP640
Oni_chan - Lotus Evora
redness63 - Lotus Evora
vh_mik - Mercedes SLS AMG
mrtaital - Mercedes SLS AMG
jasr73 - RUF RGT
Asuka611 - Audi R8
VENDALISM - Audi R8
Cactas - Lamborghini Gallardo
Moon94g - Nissan GTR

Wildcards
Velster - Lambo Gallardo
DRZ-Hatfield - Lambo LP640

Cars still availble

2x Aston Martin V12 Vantage
2x Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe
1x Lamborghini LP640
2x Maserati GranTurismo
2x Chevrolet Corvette C6 Z06
1x RUF RGT

Tier 2 cars availble

2x Ford GT
2x Ferrari 458 Italia
1x Lamborghini Gallardo
1x Nissan GTR

I just would like to remind everyone that all cars are capable of producing the same lap times. Just like Season 1 each car has its strengths and weaknesses. The T2 cars can produce identical lap times without a setup and a faster lap time by about 0.5 seconds with a setup.

Oni, may i suggest you provide an updated list of who's got yeah car, so we can review what is available?

At this stage, even though i haven't even touched the car, i am planning to stick with the lambo, but would all like to see what is out there.
Cheers

The RUF is out there - usually on the (opposite) lock stops. :P

Have to agree with you Jase. The RUF is a fast car but takes alot of concentration to keep it on the racing line. I was originally headed towards the RUF but i don't think i have the stamina to drive that for 1 - 1.5hours every week.

I'm going to reserve the Evora again while i continue testing a few other cars. Not sold on the Evora yet due to it not having enough grunt in the draft to make a pass down the straight.

After further testing I have made a decision to select the Ford GT for this season

Cheers

I'm going to reserve the Evora again while i continue testing a few other cars. Not sold on the Evora yet due to it not having enough grunt in the draft to make a pass down the straight.

As Oni's setting a precedence, then I'd like to put down a tentative reservation on the GTR please. Will also test out the other cars in the meantime before making that all important final decision.

Thanks Oni.

I will do some practice tonight and see how I go on the Lambo.

The RUF is out there - usually on the (opposite) lock stops. :P

:lol: You know I was on the fence about getting the RUF....love the car!

asuka611
Sorry I bailed before the race finished last night. As I mentioned last night my R8 wasn't going to get any quicker and it was WAY off the pace. I plan to test the other Tier 2 cars and will decide hopefully by the end of the week which car is right for me.

It's looking like the Evora's and the Corvette's will be the cars to catch this season. Caught a bit of the battle between Oni and Lost before I left and it's certainly going to be a tough fight.

hatfield
I am having heaps of trouble controlling the Lambo on 10/90 split, what car would you recommend that has a mostly controlled rear end?

I'd steer clear of the Gallardo, it's a long way off the pace, and Oni's tweaks won't change it. :(

Confirming my selection of the RUF. Someone has to do it and at the very least it should add some additional amusement to replays. A little like a fish out of water flapping all over the deck of a boat.

P.S. Mr T thanks for managing to avoid me last night at turn one. That made for some entertaining viewing from your point of view when I had a look today.

P.S.S. Thanks to Moon for somehow avoiding me at turn one also. Epic off mate.

Did some practice last night around GVE...best I could do was 1:51.9

Interestingly enough, the car doesn't feel bad to drive (fairly easy actually) and I can't really point to what is causing me to be 2sec off the pace.

:odd:

Not sure what to do now...

Any suggestions for setups?

Any help is very welcomed.:)

I will be changing to a T2 car but not sure which one (though does it really matter if I am a wildcard?)

I'd steer clear of the Gallardo, it's a long way off the pace, and Oni's tweaks won't change it. :(

Cheers for the tip Cac, Yeah I don't think the R8 will gain enough from Oni's tweaks to make it competitive for your average Tier 2 driver.

While I believe that Oni has done a fantastic job of spec'ing all the cars so that they are equal in his capable driving gloves. Not so easy for mere mortals like myself.

I haven't yet completed full testing of cars but currently I'm leaning towards my trusty good old GTR.

I will be changing to a T2 car but not sure which one (though does it really matter if I am a wildcard?)

Your a T1 driver even as a wildcard so you will have to look at the T1 cars only. However you have free choice out of all of them.

While I believe that Oni has done a fantastic job of spec'ing all the cars so that they are equal in his capable driving gloves. Not so easy for mere mortals like myself.

Yeah unfortunately i went for complete parity this season. Last season the T2 cars were about 1 second faster with a setup and this season i decided to reduce that to 0.500 seconds as alot of the T2 drivers have really up'ed there game and i would like to see them continue pushing. Unfortunately that means a lot more effort needs to be put in from both T1 and T2 drivers this season.

Now a friendly reminder that any cars currently in reservation will only be held until midnight tonight. So if you have already decided on your seasons car then make it known now so i can cross it off the list as after midnight tonight all cars that are not locked (only reserved) will be up for grabs for all drivers.

Cheers,
Oni.

If the Evora is up for grabs again (48 hours have past since last reservation) I would like to reserve it.

Cac.

Yes you may Cac. I am officially locking in the Corvette C6 Z06 as my season 2 car.

EDIT: Jase is also locking in the Corvette. So we are teaming up again. ;)

Last edited:
Back