PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 12,043 comments
1st position on the Toyota GT cup today , 265 points. Good start. :cheers:
@DaeWon73 no upgrade allow. 100% stock but with Sport soft tires that are giving a superior grip. Fun race.
1714348968023.png

Not sure if you guys noticed on tunes before 145 where the used car model had roll cage the PP might not match if you follow the settings to the T. The reason is that before 145 using a roll cage would affect PP but since then it doesn't. When that happens I just adjust downforce or ballast very slightly and get the exact PP or very similar without affecting any of the car balance or performance.

Last edited:
The tune calls for 17" wide rims. This option is not available on the stock Porsche rims. In my experience this option is rarely (if ever) an option with the stock vehicles.

So, yes, of course I'm using 3rd party wheels which have the 17" wide option

Also, in my exprience, this (different rims) never changes the PP
I asked because I have had very recent experience with multiple cars where I discovered PP changes by experimenting with all sorts of rim size changes, offset, and width, and using the default rims vs. the third-party ones. I was able to match Praiano's PP but only when deviating from what he listed for rims. In most cases, I follow the tuning precisely. But when it is off by 5pp or less and I know he just did the tuning recently, I have spent 1-2 hours trying everything imaginable to get it. I have replied to a couple of those tunings where I discovered a possible edit. On a few of them, I never came back and replied with what I discovered.

I asked because I have had very recent experience with multiple cars where I discovered PP changes by experimenting with all sorts of rim size changes, offset, and width, and using the default rims vs. the third-party ones. I was able to match Praiano's PP but only when deviating from what he listed for rims. In most cases, I follow the tuning precisely. But when it is off by 5pp or less and I know he just did the tuning recently, I have spent 1-2 hours trying everything imaginable to get it. I have replied to a couple of those tunings where I discovered a possible edit. On a few of them, I never came back and replied with what I discovered.
I've run into a handful where I could tell from the photo of the car on his tuning sheet that the rims were actually a larger diameter than he listed. That has been the difference in matching his PP exactly, but doesn't make any real difference on track that I've noticed, unlike changing to third party rims and wide/wide which do impact lap times.

The Mini cooper as the integra '95 don't show wheel spin due to low power that the front tires are able to contain. The Suzuki GR4 also have a very good chassis configuration , it would be easy to build a good suspension setting to have a excelent balance overall.... but the big problem of this car ,as others powerfull FF cars in all Granturismo , is the wheel spin due a very sudden of lost of grip under acceleration. This is messing so much the driving line that it's almost undrivable in my opinion. At least annoying. Very annoying.
This Suzuki swift GR4 is showing wheel spin till 200kmh..!!! Common PD. Tire model is horrible when they try to simulate the lost of grip, passing from 100% grip to driving on ice. Polyphony never did anything to correct this problem across all the GT games. Same for the lost of rear end when drift.
It's a real shame.

What kind of setting you're needing ? PP ? or maxed or BOP ??
Any joy with the Suzuki GR.4 in the end Praiano? Or is it a no goer? 🤞

Laurent, if I may, for anyone interested in improving their online racing/ratings, here’s a superb explainer..Right here! (Reddit)
Thanks but impossible for me to read so much words in the same time. I know very well what i have to do to up my DR , i only need to level my skills. It's very hard when you reach your limit since a long time . Lately i did some progress , retake my A+ and last races where good for me.
1714426216226.png

Thanks but impossible for me to read so much words in the same time. I know very well what i have to do to up my DR , i only need to level my skills. It's very hard when you reach your limit since a long time . Lately i did some progress , retake my A+ and last races where good for me.
View attachment 1351424
Yes, it’s a lot to read. I doubt much of would apply to you tho! For those drivers newish to online racing (moi), this guy explains how - and why - to get your SR up. Cracking job he does too.

Hello, which car is recommended on the Grand Valley Highway in the fifth week task? I only manage 6th place

Edit :

I mean of course the 5th task in the weekly tasks

Last edited:
Really looking forward to see what El Maestro has for the NSX Gr4 engine swap. It’s got me very excited
It could be a good combo if there was a race for it offline.
Too much consumption at 800PP WTC800 .
To much limiter and still too much consumption for WTC700. Le Mans or else.
So i really don't know what kind of power / tires , for online lobby only.

Hello, which car is recommended on the Grand Valley Highway in the fifth week task? I only manage 6th place

Edit :

I mean of course the 5th task in the weekly tasks
We have a weekly discussion here:

Here it is. Out of the crazy anoying wheel spin till 200kmh+ , car's chassis is very good. I'll not list it in first post.
I've already sent it to @DaeWon73 who ask for it a couple of days ago.
View attachment 1351418View attachment 1351419View attachment 1351420View attachment 1351421

Already done.
Suzuki Jimny XC '18 - 500PP - Sport Soft Tires - All track - SWAP - 1.43
Hi Praiano, I can't work out why my version is coming out at 701.69pp. I have exactly the same power, torque, weight and settings apart from my high rotational G is 1.56 compared to your 1.53. I've tried changing the rim size which makes a small difference but not the 2.5pp difference I have. Any ideas before I adjust the power to bring it under 700pp

Back