PS4 compatibility - 2012 Fanatec CSR wheel

Australia
Australia
justincrdable
Hi Guys

I have been struggling to find more info on whether or not my wheel is compatible with the PS4

I have a 2012 Fanatec CSR forza wheel and CSR elite pedals.

Fanatec have nothing on there site and ive sifted through the GT forums and found nothing as of yet.

I just want to see whether or not I should try and see it and just buy either a g29 or the new thrustmaster that was on show last week.

Any help is great!

Thanks for this! very much appreciated

I think Im just going to buy a G29.

Do you know if the CSR Elite pedals would work with the G29 wheel?
Don't the CSR Elites come with a USB adaptor out of the box? Pretty sure I read somewhere that PS4 allows stand alone peripherals but I could be wrong. You might be able to just plug them in and play. Pretty sure Project Cars and Dirt Rally support the Elites as well.

Hi Guys

I have been struggling to find more info on whether or not my wheel is compatible with the PS4

I have a 2012 Fanatec CSR forza wheel and CSR elite pedals.

Fanatec have nothing on there site and ive sifted through the GT forums and found nothing as of yet.

I just want to see whether or not I should try and see it and just buy either a g29 or the new thrustmaster that was on show last week.

Any help is great!

CSR wheels are only compatible with 3rd party games when the developer chooses to add the wheel drivers directly into the game. They do not work with the PS4 itself though, & Sony do not allow them to work with any of it's games, so seeing as Sony owns PD it's very unlikely that your wheel will work.

Last edited:
VBR
CSR wheels are only compatible with 3rd party games when the developer chooses to add the wheel drivers directly into the game. They do not work with the PS4 itself though, & Sony do not allow them to work with any of it's games, so seeing as Sony owns PD it's very unlikely that your wheel will work.

Yes, the CSR wheel works with Project Cars (after an update for Fanatec wheels) but not with DriveClub (Sony owned studio). My guess is that it will not work on GT Sport as well.

If it works on a G29, I can still use my Gimx adapter...

Back