Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 25,503 comments
Well....this is fustrating....I had at less 4 or even 5 1:28.1s, but they were all invalid because I licked the track limit by a pixel 🤧

Settle for a .2s for now.

1000073155.jpg

Been so busy lately, nothing special about this lap except the fact that I haven't been in sim rig for 2 weeks, jumped right in with PSVR2 and did a warm up lap, then golded TT on lap 2. 🤷‍♂️ (edit- Just noticed golded lap 3, 4, and 5 too haha)

Then got a safer gold on lap 6 with a 2:18.047 (2.55%). 2:17.656 optimal though so I could do a low 2:17.xxx with a little more time, probably even into the 2:16.xxx range. It's not just time though, even when I do have time I've been pretty wiped out from working in garage, yard, etc.. Might go back after doing Laguna Seca TT but still have lots of stuff to do next few days and weeks. I love spring but not much time for video games when the weather is so nice outside!

AFEELA isn't too bad to drive actually, but it helps that I know this track inside and out.

GT DD X / GT7 FFB settings in vid.. No aids, ABS set to weak.

Followed Youtube_Tidgney ghost, I use it more as a visual delta timer since no delta times in VR still! Still can't believe we don't have delta times in VR. Oh well.

Still fun to rip around in VR for a while! GT DD X is working well with new FW so far, no freezing or disconnects last couple times I've used it which helps 😆
FFB feeling excellent today.

Gran Turismo 7 AFEELA Maggiore Time Trial results 1st session.jpg

Last edited:
Phew, what a day! When I got home from Subway, I sat down and ate slow, and then my sink started leaking so I had to call a plumber to fix it, so it tied me up from playing gt7. He finally fixed it at almost 6pm tonight, and then I sat down and watched some TV. So it's been one more day.

But hopefully this weekend I won't have anymore interruptions, and I can focus on the Afeela TT.

How are you guys doing at WeatherTech?

Not entirely..... 🤣🤣

View attachment 1354044

Did my lago laps on the TV this morning cause I realy wanted to push without limitations, and for the Laguna I ran remote 😁, tomorrow morning I'll have a first serious session at Laguna 😁😁
(Did quickly check the Laguna on the TV this morning to see how beautiful it is 😁🤣
GT on PC confirmed! Send this to Hammer Studios Gaming and he'll have a field day.

My last off topic post for today. I'm still a VW guy.

View attachment 1354089
No wonder you liked that GTI I made a while back... it's the spitting image of your car... haha. Beautiful golf! It's probably a ton of fun. Dig those 1552s too.

I lived, slept and breathed MK2 and water cooled VWs in general in the '90s-2000s, and still have a deep love for them. I've had 4 MK2s and a MK1 over the years and wish I still had one. I'd love a MK2 16v, big or small bumper.

Im still in the "scene" though, just in a super chunky "VW" with almost 600hp... a far cry from old GTIs, haha. It's effortlessly crazy fast and great dynamically for a 4300lb car, but it's still not as exciting as hustling a well sorted Golf around.

Here's the pig...

61CE9C0C-48FF-4DFE-AA03-E4B89F757F1E.jpeg

2EA78C80-C53C-4B08-BED0-9C9D65D8866A.jpeg

27E5C7F9-EBC7-43FB-988C-37B6EFA3FCE9.jpeg

I plan on having some time into the TTs tonight, really looking forward to the Scirocco!

Last edited:
53711150069_ba46417868_o.jpg

Good to drive a car that has a combustion engine and decent handling again. I think I can get into the 28's if I have another crack tonight but I'm not going to waste too much time, or else I won't have any to play around later. Spending all my game time trying to find a tiny margin just isn't worth it, especially when the reward stays the same. Unless I'm trying to beat my brother.

Sub 28 achieved

@Metalgear9493 thanks mate. Without your ghost, normally I wouldn’t achieve these times this fast:bowdown:

View attachment 1354141
Holy crap....that's fast mate 🤣🤣
Mr "I don't think it's going to be top 100 for me " 🤣🤣... well done!
That's another alien badge 🤣

I had a session this morning and did find some time but man it's frustrating, i have not got a clean lap in yet but busted my a*ss to even get to this time... I'm 100% not nailing all corners in the same lap, I even yelled at T6....it's a real lapkiller for the Rocco suspension 🤣 and if I nail it 1/10...ill either miss....or fly by my braking point of the corckscrew.....🤣

1000020069.jpg

Haven’t turned a wheel in GT7 all week due to catching a bad cold 😵‍💫, but at least we have a (potentially) good TT this week.

Haven’t really recovered enough to drive last evening but at least managed to make myself a nice livery for the Scirocco. Will this be the TT that I finally get close to Global Top 100/GTP Top 10?

J4ZBsRf.md.jpg

Last edited:
What a fun combo! It's nice to have a car with gears again. Will definitely revisit this as my opt was 0.3 faster. Steady throttle inputs to prevent the wheels from spinning and short shifting through corners seemed to work a treat for me.

Are we able to cut many of the corners significantly on this one? I haven't checked top time replays yet.

18f625f71b982-screenshotUrl.jpg

🫠 🫠 🫠

So close.......

1000073165.jpg

Actually a bit of unexpected result as it wasn't clicking for me, doing mostly .4s and .5s. Then the last 2 laps the gears fell in place...and of cause I lose all concentration right after 🤪

1000073167.jpg

If I could've done the 1st sector in .3s as I did before 🤧 (And I had done plenty of .3s last night :/ )

Last edited:
Holy crap....that's fast mate 🤣🤣
Mr "I don't think it's going to be top 100 for me " 🤣🤣... well done!
That's another alien badge 🤣
Haha I'm 64th atm. I think at least .6xx's will be needed for top 100 for this one. I don't know I will have time, energy or skill to get there...But eventually my inner voice says you will beat my current time soon🤙

Back