QoL (Quality of Life) Improvements you would like to see?

• Thread starter Magog
  • 242 comments
ONE race ONE controller we can built a car with all kind of options for a particular race but the controller Is never a option. Some are better with the game pad then the wheel setup there is no question on that issue we can see it in these forums . Let’s see if GT7 can be a real simulator or just a game In one race if there is no participation then remove it.

Last edited:
You already can change your car, you just have to select an event first.

But I agree with your other point. Where the hell is the rest of the game?!
You can't change car in all races. Its only in some types of races you can change car without returning to the race menu

On the enduro races, it would be nice if the map in the upper right would show different colors for: Who's in first; who's the place in front of you; and who's the place behind you. In those races the cars are all over the place so it would be nice to see where the leader is, who I am chasing, and who is chasing me.

If I'm in 4th, I'd like to see which car on the map is in 1st, 3rd, and 5th. Purple, green, and yellow for example.

Show time deltas in replays. Why is it just ---?

Let me watch a Daily Race replay without saving it. Sometimes I just want to see something that happened during the race real quick.

Let friends view your replays on CEs. Buddy wanted to watch mine on Deep Forest but it's not viewable even though it shows up on his 'friends list' with a time. I think it would help people rather than just watching the demo.

Last edited:
I would very much like to be able to set my own rev limit for my cars when I shift gears manually, so I have a better view of the rev level and don't have to drive by ear or by sight.

Need to sort out default views. Annoying sorting by pp, then it switches back to usual view if you click on car and then return back. Makes user experience more tiresome than I'd expect for a modern aaa game.

Also needs to be snappier, clicking between cars, screens. That couple of seconds, fade/load gets tedious. I play fm22 on series x and moving between players, any screens is instant.which I expect or at should at least be close to instant if coded properly.

This is on ps5.

Last edited:
- When purchasing a car already owned again, indicate how many of those cars are in the garage.

Some of us tend to buy multiple copies of the same model because there are upgrades that cannot be undone, like widebody, and because we never know when the same model will next be available for purchase on the UCD/LCD. It would be more useful to be able to see on the purchase screen how many of the same model are currently in the garage.

- Add an option to skip results in Time Trial mode, or add a test drive mode.

GT7 is a game in which the characteristics of a car can vary greatly depending on the tuning of the same parts configuration. The importance of tuning is very high, especially since "bad tuning" can result in a car that is completely unmaneuverable.
However, there is currently no test drive mode in this game, and the time trial mode can only be used as a substitute.
But this mode displays a non-skippable results screen of a few seconds even if the car is retired, so these few seconds turn into a very annoying presence when tuning in situations like suspension and damper setup, where the tuning screen and driving test are repeated frequently.
It would be more convenient to add an option to skip this results screen or have a test drive mode.

- In Real Car Paint, add a filter to narrow down the colors from the model.

Real Car Paint has hundreds of diverse colors, but the only information available about them is the manufacturer and the color name.
Adding the ability to filter colors by model would make it easier to repaint UCD/LCD cars in OEM colors, and would also make it easier for players who are not familiar with OEM colors to do things like "repaint a Silvia in R34 Skyline blue".

In time trial mode, the option of activating and deactivating BoP using a "switch" in the tuning menu, so that you can understand the BoP settings for the corresponding vehicle... OR, highlight the respective BoP value in yellow.

I don't need to know the top 10 list on the HUD. Just the the car in front and behind, and maybe the leader; or if I am in the lead, the top three. Would clear up a lot of real estate on the screen.

When doing qualifying for a daily, keep the ghost and time deltas to your fasts overall lap, not just the fastest of that session.

Last edited:
-No more trembling opponents in sports events

-Free assignment of the buttons, comes with steering wheel benefits (select action * now press button XYZ *)

-Adjustment of the cost of tuning parts (for example: 100k for nitrous, 38k for soft tires, did I miss something?)

-ABS adjustable even during the race

-Lobby settings INSIDE the lobby

-Forbid players to enter lobbies during a race, the short lag is just annoying

-Penalize players who leave an ongoing race (e.g. a 10 minute ban before rejoining and/or a reduction in SR

-A reset option for tuning settings, which resets to default values

Well, I've complained enough for now:D

Would be cool to be able to change your car once you're in a lobby.

Watch online races replay style as they're happening. Would be cool to just put some on in the background or while waiting for said lobby to open.

- When purchasing a car already owned again, indicate how many of those cars are in the garage.

Some of us tend to buy multiple copies of the same model because there are upgrades that cannot be undone, like widebody, and because we never know when the same model will next be available for purchase on the UCD/LCD. It would be more useful to be able to see on the purchase screen how many of the same model are currently in the garage.

- Add an option to skip results in Time Trial mode, or add a test drive mode.

GT7 is a game in which the characteristics of a car can vary greatly depending on the tuning of the same parts configuration. The importance of tuning is very high, especially since "bad tuning" can result in a car that is completely unmaneuverable.
However, there is currently no test drive mode in this game, and the time trial mode can only be used as a substitute.
But this mode displays a non-skippable results screen of a few seconds even if the car is retired, so these few seconds turn into a very annoying presence when tuning in situations like suspension and damper setup, where the tuning screen and driving test are repeated frequently.
It would be more convenient to add an option to skip this results screen or have a test drive mode.

- In Real Car Paint, add a filter to narrow down the colors from the model.

Real Car Paint has hundreds of diverse colors, but the only information available about them is the manufacturer and the color name.
Adding the ability to filter colors by model would make it easier to repaint UCD/LCD cars in OEM colors, and would also make it easier for players who are not familiar with OEM colors to do things like "repaint a Silvia in R34 Skyline blue".
Also see colour on the car not on the random supra!

I want to see how it looks, lines on tge car I'm looking to paint as although I lean towards black, there are different variations and some cars look better in other colours/'tones'.

Not a major thing, but........ flags!

-Would be cool if the flag waver guy near the start/finish line would wave a white one on the last lap.
-Hey blue flag waver dude, calm down! I passed that lapped car three turns ago and there is no one in front of me. You should be pointing/waving at a specific car not just always waving!
-Hey green flag waver dude, I realize there was an accident in this spot 5 laps ago, but its long since a non issue. Put the green flag away for a bit.

If we are talking about flags maybe a black flags would be nice for a deserving driver
I dig it. For online races if you accrue more than say 4 seconds worth of 'contact' penalties, you get the black flag and dropped from the race.

A better player's website that doesn't look like 1996 HTML
Forecasts before races
The ability to select tires when you enter the race rather than the warning screen
Better lobbies with an optional voice chat in both lobby and game
More camera options/the ability to customise the HUD on the hood cam and add a rearview mirror

I don't like the new camera
I don't need to know the top 10 list on the HUD. Just the the car in front and behind, and maybe the leader; or if I am in the lead, the top three. Would clear up a lot of real estate on the screen.

When doing qualifying for a daily, keep the ghost and time deltas to your fasts overall lap, not just the fastest of that session.
relative order boxes and stored lap times are a must in any racing game. Takes away from the racing that they aren't there.

I don't understand why they cram all track layouts into a single scrollable list in the main multiplayer / lobby menu. It's not even sorted alphabetically, but instead by track length or similar.
There even is already a better alternative in game, for example when creating a room or custom race.
Or at least make it layered with tracks first, then layouts for selected track.

Someone at PD must really love long and confusing lists, this has been an issue since at least GT5.

Last edited:
This really bugs me. Rework the replay camera system. Like raise them. A lot. Most of them should be higher than chest level, and certainly higher than beltline or freaking grass. Pull back and show more of the track more often. I want to see the pack, not just my car or two cars a lot of the time, and if something interesting happens like passing, use a camera view that shows it well. There are TV/film cameras scattered around these tracks - use them as cam positions. Extreme closeups should be extremely rare, and so should fly cams. Bring back the RPV for cameras again if you're going to use fly cam. And give us a Director Mode so we can set up our own replay system with three or four laps to play with, and save them per track. And for pity's sake, broaden the boundaries of the track so we can move the photoshoot camera around more, and raise the ceiling.

The lighting engine also needs work. Direct sunlight in Photomode is almost blinding, and shadowed areas are too dark. Overcast lighting is way too gloomy too.

Add more alternate liveries to the bot cars, and give us the option to buy them in the dealership.

Last edited:
Allowing us to select the tyres the AI can use.

I didn't buy slicks on all these cars just so they can spin out on Sport Hards...
Edit: Apparently the AI won't drive on slicks unless the RH tires are available.

Last edited:
After reading all of the quality of life crying how we would like to see GT7 be fair , how about one Open Race in the dailies with no restrictions to see who is the best All Around Sim Racer on a simple track To drive like Willow Spring.

Latest Posts

Back