R/C car thread!

Do you have an R/C car. If you do, how about film yourself driving it. If you want, attach a camera to the car, but secure it firmly though, or you know what will happen. I will post one up once I've recharged my car and persuaded my sister to let me borrow her phone! :lol:

I think this should go in the hobbies area.

Anyway, I was into R/C cars for a while. I had a truck for a while and had a lot of fun driving it around. Too bad I was in like 6th grade and crashed it into everything I saw and repairs got very expensive so I had to sell.

I've been wanting to get back into it for a while but I don't want to pay the money for a decent car/truck.

This probably should go in the hobby forum. (tree'd)

I have a TA-04R from Tamiya with a Corvette Z06 body on it. I have more money then I would probably like into the thing, most of the parts are carbon fibre or titanium. It's insanely quick for an electric car though and I used to some some amateur racing with it a couple years back. There are some pictures of it around here somewhere nut uh here:

n38505333_30721941_5040.jpg

n38505333_30721942_5542.jpg

And yes the body is brown.

Used to have a 1/10 touring car maybe 6 or 7 years ago. It was a Yokomo MR4-TC Barry Baker edition (chassis numbered 46/50 I think). Full graphite and anodized aluminum everything. I ran a 13T Triple Speed Gems motor, 3000mAh Trinity cels, don't remember anything else. Good for 35mph. I spanked all the TA-04s in the parking lot meets, but couldn't really hold up to the pan car guys.

God I can't believe I remember any of that. To be 13 again.

Thanks for making me jog the memory though!

I have a few R/C cars, a Mercedes Benz SL500, with a working retractable roof, its fast, and it looks cool. :D:tup:. I also have a Saleen S7, a pitiful thing. :indiff:

I have a Traxxas Bandit. Theres a Velineon Brushless system in it and with a 7 cell battery, I got it to go 50mph. Once I get more $$$ I'm shooting for 70mph+. Picture

I also have a HPI Super Nitro. I haven't got it to run but here is a picture of it.

I got one of those mechanno rc thingys :) I know they dont sound great, but im trying to get into drifting with it. At least it is faster than most cars of its league i see, plus i build the body anyway i like!

I've got an old Terra Crusher laying in bits, packed into a box somewhere.

I've been meaning to fix it up and get it running again...

your cars are so small ! lol i have a Hpi Savage X huge diplace ment ( huge crashes XD ) can you solve this equation for me

20 foot drop+40mph+and idiot driver ( me ) = 100$ worht of damage !!! lol sorry i did teh equaiton for you but my dad was pissed when i brought home 2 suspention arms snapped in half and a busted differnetial and skid plate lol ( good thing he likes fixing them as much as i do )

My 1/8 scale Ofna Ultra GTP is in parts under my bed while my 1/28 scale Kyosho Mini Z Ferrari 360 Modena has tons of battle scars, but still is in running condition.

Password-protected image links removed by moderator

The Ofna need about $100 worth in parts to become 100% while the MiniZ need about $15 worth in crap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heh, I have an HPI RS-4 rally with a yellow mitsubishi lancer evo body on it, red wheels. Its fast, old, 4 wheel drive, and fun. Maybe I'll snap a pic later. I also have a kyosho mini z with a ferrari enzo body, and an r/c boat thats about 2 1/2 to 3 feet long.

here's the kinda rc i do here in southern califronia
2326285856_dceb3a19c7.jpg

thats my car on the right (350z)
2174026167_f22ba53052.jpg

thats usually how many ppl show up to these events. and the crowd is still growing

it's a 1/10 scale drift comp with judges and everything

for more info check out www.rcdriftclub.com

Always wanted to go to wana those RC events lol

Ive got a HPI RS4 EVO 3. But its new and still pretty stock,

i just sold my HPI savage truck which was fully modded and sound sweeeeeeeet ! :D

Well I have about $70 worth in parts coming for my 1/8 Ofna Ultra GTP...
2 diff bevel gears
throttle servo
rear diff case
one-way bearing
brake pads

I also ordered a set of ball bearings for my Kyosho MiniZ...

Hey Everyone ... Im New An Just Wanted To Get Pointed In The Right Direction On What To Do ... And i Also Have A 10th Scale Tc3 ... Yes The Old Heavy Tc3 ... I Usally Stick In The B Mains With It Out Of A, B, C, D, And E Though :) ... I Run The 19t Rubber Class, Once I Ran Mod ... But My Car Was No More ... 1 Mistake ... And A 10t With Foam Tires Is Not Forgiving When You Hit A Board Lol

Moderation:
Please don't post using all Caps.

I want to get really into rc cars but all the stuff is to confusing for me so I only have "fake rcs"
A Nikko Saleen S7 and a big battery eating Benz RC
Both take 4hours to charge and only run for about 30mins:yuck:

I've got quite a bit of RC stuff but my main interest at the moment are Touring Cars. I've got a HPI Pro4 and have it set up for Stock class.These pics are with old electronics (and show tires lol). I've got SpeedPassion GT ESC and Novak 17.5 Brushless motor now.

1044789757_efe4583527_b.jpg

Killer, what are you interested in running? I'd recommend TC if you are interested in tweaking and tuning. A new class called WGT that uses 1/10th Scale 200mm Pan Cars is on the rise also. Feel free to ask me anything.

I want to get really into rc cars but all the stuff is to confusing for me so I only have "fake rcs"
A Nikko Saleen S7 and a big battery eating Benz RC
Both take 4hours to charge and only run for about 30mins:yuck:

That's pretty much how it works. It takes a while for my batteries to charge and I get maybe a good 10 minutes out of them before I need to replace em. That's why I have 4 different batteries for when I go to the track, granted there is a lot of down time with it.

If you've only ever had basic R/C cars I would jump into nitro, they require far more knowledge then the electric ones. Plus electric ones are much easier to run and maintain, cheaper too. I have a Tamiya TA-04R chassis with pretty much everything I could convert out of carbon fibre. I have a 14 double turn motor in it right now but the gearing isn't right so it's a handful to drive, when I get time to mess around with it I will.

Go to a hobby shop and just ask questions, most of those guys know what's going on. I would get an electric though from Tamiya, HPI, or Associated. All are good companies and make reasonably priced kits. Building them isn't all that hard either. I think I assembled mine in a couple of hours and that was with instructions in Japanese.

Back