Recommendations: 650PP max RWD production car Racing Med Endurance racing

Panama
Panama
Hello All,

Gonna be racing in a league with these requirements and was wondering if people had suggestions on cars to try out. Currently I race in a Gr3/Gr4 league with Porsche, so comfortable with their GR 911 and Cayman. What do people think with road cars? Does not have to be one manufacturer so I could try a few out, but must be 650pp max on Racing MEDs RWD Production only.

Thanks in advance!

What other tuning are you allowed to do? Stock road cars on racing tires can get bit wonky suspension wise, since they weren’t made for that much grip. So if there’s no tuning, I’d find something with a good stiff suspension, so it will feel less bouncy on average.

What other tuning are you allowed to do? Stock road cars on racing tires can get bit wonky suspension wise, since they weren’t made for that much grip. So if there’s no tuning, I’d find something with a good stiff suspension, so it will feel less bouncy on average.
420HP MAX, 2300lb min, Open tuning, no swaps, or nitrous. No concept, hyper or 1 off custom cars.

420HP MAX, 2300lb min, Open tuning, no swaps, or nitrous. No concept, hyper or 1 off custom cars.
Ok, if that’s the case then, find a car you are comfortable driving, and that’s good on fuel, ideally with a turbo and good low end torque. That will give you a good base to build off, that can be quick out of the corners, but still decent on fuel over longer races. Once you get that down to a couple of cars, then the tuning can sort out the little things you wanna tweak about it.

Last edited:
Ok, if that’s the case then, find a car you are comfortable driving, and that’s good on fuel, ideally with a turbo and good low end torque. That will give you a good base to build off, that can be quick out of the corners, but still decent on fuel over longer races. Once you get that down to a couple of cars, then the tuning can sort out the little things you wanna tweak about it.
Thanks for that! Any suggestions on ones to test out? I have a soft spot for the E46 M3 as I owned one, but other than that and my love of 911s I am not opposed to anything

Thanks for that! Any suggestions on ones to test out? I have a soft spot for the E46 M3 as I owned one, but other than that and my love of 911s I am not opposed to anything
No worries, glad to be of some help when possible. As for specific cars, I’d say the new Supra’s are likely good, they make really good low end torque. An MR2 could make for a good car too, but a bit spicier to drive. Any of the Silvia’s are probably good to give a shot to as well, they drive nicely.

No worries, glad to be of some help when possible. As for specific cars, I’d say the new Supra’s are likely good, they make really good low end torque. An MR2 could make for a good car too, but a bit spicier to drive. Any of the Silvia’s are probably good to give a shot to as well, they drive nicely.
I actually owned an S14 Silvia so I could dig that also! Will check them out!

I think the E46 M3 could be a good option for you. It gets to ~578 PP with RM tires and no other mods. I think you can get to 650 PP with some work.

Mine is tuned to 700 PP, RH tires and engine swapped - so it's not much help to you. I can vouch that it's lovely to drive at Le Mans with the racing spec suspension and brakes!

143a90649c20fe74eb37bf87ce8e7b3a_photo.webp

Sweet I am definitely going to try this!!
If it helps, here is the tuning set up. It is exactly the power / weight of a genuine 934 as raced at Le Mans in the late 70's, early 80's. Looks like you need to drop the bhp to get to 650. I have been lucky enough to drive a lot of different 911's in real life over the years and somehow Priano has made this car perfect. It dances when you get used to it. My favourite drive in the whole game.

Most of my 934 liveries have the standard whale tale, which means you cannot set the downforce in the same way that Priano has... but I found that by making all downforce "0" it is perfectly balanced if a bit slidey!

There are some lovely IMSA 934 liveries out there which did have the beefier rear wing and this allows for downforce front and rear, at the cost of pp so in your case, you would have to reduce the power even more.

If you want some fun, lucrative practice, take your 934 to Le Mans for the 30 minute race.... I start with RM and hope to go 3 laps (depending upon the weather) at FM6 (with bursts of FM1 at the start of each Mulsanne section), then one more stop at the end of Lap 5. You can do the last 2 x 2 lap stints at FM1 the whole way and on Softs are so fast!

I have spent far too many hours creating as close to perfect liveries for the Le Mans 934's of this era so please help yourself if you like any of them... gallery here.

Do let us know how you get on.

IMG_0734.png

IMG_0733.png

Here's some inspiration!

16a25b781f3ffe9384cef89522a45e61_photo.webp

e6a470f14079027bd543d0717b6b251e_photo.webp

b83fa82a4c49bbc588d652f6326d5cb4_photo.webp

If it helps, here is the tuning set up. It is exactly the power / weight of a genuine 934 as raced at Le Mans in the late 70's, early 80's. Looks like you need to drop the bhp to get to 650. I have been lucky enough to drive a lot of different 911's in real life over the years and somehow Priano has made this car perfect. It dances when you get used to it. My favourite drive in the whole game.

Most of my 934 liveries have the standard whale tale, which means you cannot set the downforce in the same way that Priano has... but I found that by making all downforce "0" it is perfectly balanced if a bit slidey!

There are some lovely IMSA 934 liveries out there which did have the beefier rear wing and this allows for downforce front and rear, at the cost of pp so in your case, you would have to reduce the power even more.

If you want some fun, lucrative practice, take your 934 to Le Mans for the 30 minute race.... I start with RM and hope to go 3 laps (depending upon the weather) at FM6 (with bursts of FM1 at the start of each Mulsanne section), then one more stop at the end of Lap 5. You can do the last 2 x 2 lap stints at FM1 the whole way and on Softs are so fast!

I have spent far too many hours creating as close to perfect liveries for the Le Mans 934's of this era so please help yourself if you like any of them... gallery here.

Do let us know how you get on.

View attachment 1351528
View attachment 1351529

Here's some inspiration!

16a25b781f3ffe9384cef89522a45e61_photo.webp

e6a470f14079027bd543d0717b6b251e_photo.webp

b83fa82a4c49bbc588d652f6326d5cb4_photo.webp
This is what makes sim racing and the internet a cool place. Thanks for taking so much time to share what you enjoy and give helpful tips! Awesome stuff sir. I will let you know how it goes!

Other options, that I enjoy driving and might work are...

Nissan/Datsun Fairlady 280ZG '71
Nissan Sileighty '98
Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5-16 Evolution II '91

So far I am fastest in a Porsche ‘01 911 GT3, couldn’t do the cool ‘81 911 as I supped it up already before way above spec. I guess I could get a new body and start over ;-)

2nd fastest is the m3 e46, and third is the Alpine… will test some more tomorrow. First race is Barcelona GP and it a real pain in the butt track IMO.

@Enigma2806 Have you considered giving an E30 M3 or M3 Evo a test? I have a M3 Evo tuned to 620PP on RH tyres and she's a beauty to drive. Very well balanced handling and super smooth power delivery.

If Endurance means "fuel consumption + tyrewear" you wont beat the Stratos at that PP.
Also this car is quite fast.

1715084186274.png
(the track I know best, so most consistent results for me)

I picked
Stratos - because I am convinced this car cant be beaten easily: highest top speed for its power, but worst brakes, also a bit wonky with that much traction + basically no tyrewear and a fuel tank that feels like it has double the capacity.
Jaguar E-Type - because I just discovered how much courage you need to drive this missile, this is definitly the most fun and awesome to watch, it has highest cornering speed I have experienced on that track (WTC600), also quite fast and very good on the brakes, but definitly will need to pit for tyres (if enabled).
Alfa Romeo Gulia GTAM - because I thought I need to see if it can draw from its power that it has in lesser PP brackets.
Aston Martin V8 Vantage - I just added it as another option, dont know really.
1715084170628.png

Last edited:
Back