Ring Rats

• Thread starter GTP_Nail
  • 119 comments
Sorry about being so out of it yesterday. We will alternate Tuning.NoTuning however the majority want to go but we will always have at least one race that the minority wants. It was fun to see the Thunderclub represented...it made a great difference and welcome to @royichi_san

Sorry about being so out of it yesterday. We will alternate Tuning.NoTuning however the majority want to go but we will always have at least one race that the minority wants. It was fun to see the Thunderclub represented...it made a great difference and welcome to @royichi_san

Thunderclub joins Ring Rats - Rats more and more become Thunderclub. Thunderclub decides we're not their kind of people, because we're so different, so competitive - Everything back to Ring Rats style. Thunderclub decides to return to Rats - Rules are changed again according to Thunderclub preferences. Now we're testing setups again. I'm honestly very very sorry about it, because of the people I've spent so many hours racing with, but I'm out of this. My motivation for this is zero at the moment.

Running a room like this is a balancing act to get a reasonable number of people to show up regularly. I picked this time slot to enable drivers from both CONUS and Europe to drive. I continued the G3/G4 because if it aint broke don’t fix it. But, as time went by numbers went down to about 6 of us so I started experimenting which brought in more European drivers but angered the core group. Guess what..,I’m tired of trying to please everybody. This is NOT about winning, its about finding people you are pleased to race with . Also its nice for me to find someone I can actually RACE with which is why I courted the Thunderclub guys. While I will trail around at the back of our core group just because I like them it is not very much fun...the opposite of Setted’s problem . So, we all need to put our differences away and have fun. I am not good at having to drive weird cars that I am not comfortable with. I really enjoy our Cascade races and our Pursuitraces were stupendous. When we allow tuning it opens up pandora’s box....I prefer BOP TUNING OFF because it gives us all the same basis with only brake settings available to , I see that as too much work to have fun.

So I will race with Thunderclub under their rules and hopefully Zoppo and Rev will continue to come and give me someone to chase under our rules .

its all about people and having fun. If anyone has a problem having fun, and not being I GOTTA WIN OR ELSE maybe this is the wrong room. I rarely get to win....actually I never get to win, but I care not as long as I get-to dice with someone.

Nobody is saying that you should run the room to others liking and equally we all recognise that running a room is not about pleasing everyone but then that was specifically not what Ring rats was all about. It was about a group that liked to run RACE cars in an un-tuned format around the green hell.

We had a heart-to-heart about this a few short weeks ago and pointed out why we felt attendance had dwindled and at the time you accepted our reasoning and agreed to return the RR sessions back to the original format and that lasted exactly 1 week!

We all truly appreciate the time that you have put into organising these weekly sessions but If you have no interest in running ring rats the way it was intended that's fine but at least you could have had the honesty to say that so that those expecting RR format races were not frustrated each time we show up to find ourselves having to run N class cars with tunes that we don't have.

I'm with @Goldomor on this and am no longer interested in participating which is a great shame as I so enjoyed racing with him, @GTP_Versatile and a great many others that used to attend the RR sessions. Perhaps it was a little naive of myself to think that we could get back to RR as it used to be as time has marched on and many of those we loved racing with have moved onto other things.

Thanks again for the great times Ned, it was fun while it lasted :cheers:

I don't join to stomp all over everyone, I do it because I find it fun racing with you guys, even if you count running time trial laps racing :D. To be quite honest, I've enjoyed racing every sunday (and sometimes wednesday) over the past few years because of the connections you make with the guys you race with, not about having to win each and every time, and always having to use the best car with the best tires. I don't think it was ever about that, it was just about pure racing, and if the ones that made that special no longer find the room(s) appealing, then clearly something has gone wrong.

Personally, I'll still join the room regardless because I'll drive anything, everyone has their own preferences of course, but if it were up to me, we'd always run race cars. (GT3's). I know that isn't for everyone, and that's why we are where we are now.

@Argon, @Goldomor, it's always been a blast with you guys in the room, even when it was just down to the four of us, and if this really is the last time you guys show up, it'd be a real shame. But I know it won't be the end, Ned will come to his senses and right the wrongs of the past, right?... right??? :lol:

Anyway, haha, see you tomorrow... or in GT7 if it comes to that :cheers:

You guys missed the point.. I will be around to drive whatever untuned cars we want. I am tired of this Sierra too.
See ya... I hope

For fun. G3/4 today

anyone want to play.My physical condition(s) have subsided and it would be pleasing to see youguys again. My mike has apparently failed so it will be VERY quiet :eek: Ill open room at 1300

Just got a replacement mic and guess what...its not the Mic. Can someone open a room as its VERY difficult to run a room swhen you can't talk...like in the old days when everything was typed. Guess what I can't talk for Sierra

Well….I HAVE RETURNED FROM DISABLED STATUS. I had another broken toe plus an ulcer forming on a near broken toe on the other foot so I have been away, so to speak. Anyone still out there ( yes I know Mike/argon is up). I am about to fire up my Gran Tourismo for the first time in about a COVID….new term for two to three year time unit. I am not eager to host as I think I’m too rusty. We have two new Siamese Kittens ($) who have rapidly hauled me out of Covidness( also new term).
C638DD2D-1E75-4C2B-A5D0-1017B9D06C33.jpeg

I was in the hospital with pneumonia, still not feeling too well after being bedridden for the last 4 days. Good to see you back, won't have to wait much longer for GT7

Ok who is still out there. Please reply or I’ll start a new thread and start over but I’d rather stay here because its easier. On another note watch the GT4 races at imola….go to youtube and find gtworld. All of SRO races are there all year to be watched and or watched live. The three hours of imola, the EUR GT sro ( used to be Blanc Pain) is on now.

Still here. Haven´t done any OLR on GT7 so far. Also had some problems with my rig. But still interested in some fun races.

Back