Rinsky's 2021 MSN / Rinsky's 2022 Final Tour Archives

Thank you, CW. I joined the second race of Rinskys first season, I think I have only missed 1 GR4/GR3 race when my wheel was out for warranty repair. I almost started to enjoy the Supercar Series racing, it was a real challenge Sport tires. It really put truth to the slow is smooth and smooth is fast thing.. It really taught me that you can often go faster by braking a little early and letting the car roll thru the apex.
Unfortunately the fastest lap. Worth 1.5 points for this race would have been given to CTK123 if use Supra again. Since he didn't that 1.5 points was lost. You would have been half a point short anyway.

A slight bit of oversteer is generally what you want for good times at Laguna Sega but, that oversteer will also make the car unstable at the corkscrew.

Actually I wanted to ask about when if you remember when you started in Rinsky's League. @Racer283 and I were reminiscing for a bit after the last race. He told me he was apparently raced of the first Interlagos. We were both trying and failing to remember when you joined. I knew you raced the finale at Sarthe that year. You even ran the same livery that you ran last season on Citroen GT.

I often take a liking to that is a unique challenge. The Supercar World Speed Contest Series was based of a GT1 and GT3 events of a similar concept. The GT1 version was my favorite event in that game. The Normal Car World Speed Contest. Why because it was something different. You couldn't just simply tune the car to your liking as you could for every other event.

The Normal Car series was a series 5 sprint races with each only being 5 laps long. Only permitted factory stock non race cars. You weren't even to change your stock tires. So you were completely forced to learn how to drive and adapt to one of the few cars in the game that actually could win series. Yet as challenging and frustrating as the conditions were. The challenge also made it feel more rewarding to win.

This series became more appreciated by me. When you consider the fact that professional race car drivers don't always get a car that drives how they want it to. A lot of times they have to adapt to the car.

I might run the series again in GT7 once they stop adding cars. Hope your up for a round 2.

Have you considered looking into an SSD upgrade? Best Buy sells a 1TB Sandisk that is great! Installed it in a CUH1215B that falls behind when drawing at a distance. If you have ever played Kingdom Deliverance, when riding a horse at full speed it seems that everything on the landscape disappears because it can't be drawn fast enough. To my understanding, the PS4 Pro has 1 Gb of memory dedicated to graphics processing and it doesn't suffer this issue as much.

But back to my point; you could pick up the SSD for around $100 and it will improve not only your storage capacity but the graphic processing speed. It isn't much but it is enough to be noticeable at high frame rates in WRC 10, DiRT Rally 2.0, Assetto Corsa Competizione and GT Sport. The first test was to load Kingdom Come Deliverance and it loaded maybe 1 or 2 seconds quicker in the menu and managed to draw objects at a distance for longer than the HDD could.

Thank you. If I hadn't made Pole and you would have, we would have tied for Gr. 3. I don't think its a crappy way to win if you would have passed me, it would be comparable to an equipment or electronic malfunction in a car on track. In WEC and IMSA, they are always talking about the drivers doing a "CTRL-ALT-DEL" procedure to reset a cars electronics after a stall or spin. That's how I see it so you passing me would have been completely valid in my opinion.

I do agree however, that the wheel to wheel is where it's at. Coming out behind you exiting the pits was and is one of my favorite stints ever. We were nose to tail for 5 or more laps before the corkscrew move. Every place I could think to attack, I did. When you turned in to T11 and I was sitting on the apex, I felt I had the line and speed but conceding the position seemed the better option instead of inputting throttle and risking an accident. Later when I took the outside of T11 and you took the apex, I went wide to give you all the space but you knew that and floored it through the apex. I think I managed to get a nose in on you about three of four times but any time we made contact, I really tried to lift and back off the speed to avoid a spin.

Laguna Seca is one of my favorite tracks in North America. Once the muscle memory is set to the braking points and throttle inputs, the rest is literally turning the wheel to apex and away from apex as smoothly as possible and with the least amount of angle needed. In the case of T3, T4 and T5, getting the car to turn is a matter of proper gear and use of throttle. Getting the car slowed down in time is key but those three turns leading to the one going up the hill is where time is really made or lost. It seemed I had the fastest Sector 1 all race because I kept getting purple time banners but by the end of the lap, the advantage was gone.

@Racer283 I might be interested in joining tonight if there are any spots open. Checking out the COTW link now.
I'm good enough with electronics to make internal modifications. We'll probably get a new external hard drive in the future but, we'll probably have to wait until next month. I'll have to hope GT7 doesn't grow too fast by then. Or I'll sacrificed a few other games I can store in the console with it.

As for the pole award you would have still been a half a point ahead of @fastone371. As CTK123 Qualified 2nd would have that 1.5 points would have been lost with the fastest lap 1.5 points since he chose not to run the Toyota Supra again. And was not scored due to my car change policy. If Fastone371 grabbed both bonuses he could have finished 2nd and still take the Gr.3 Championship.

Last edited:
I'm not enough with electronics to make internal modifications. We'll probably get a new external hard drive in the future but, we'll probably have to wait until next month. I'll have to hope GT7 doesn't grow too fast by then. Or I'll sacrificed a few other games I can store in the console with it.

As for the pole award you would have still been a half a point ahead of @fastone371. As CTK123 Qualified 2nd would have that 1.5 points would have been lost with the fastest lap 1.5 points since he chose not to run the Toyota Supra again. And was not scored due to my car change policy. If Fastone371 grabbed both bonuses he could have finished 2nd and still take the Gr.3 Championship.
^ See, I told you guys I don't run numbers for points. =P I really thought we would have tied but considering the points were 1.5X and not 1X, I guess not. Still, one heck of a series guys. I might run a simple one-make series at the start of GT7. I really like the idea of running Honda S2000's or the MX-5 ND Miata. Need to look at the GT7 car list again but I would even be interested in running the NB Miata's like the Spec Miata series here in the U.S.A. My other thought was running a one-make truck series with the F-150 Raptor, mainly on dirt courses but with some asphalt thrown in the mix as well. As for rules, regulations and all of the detail @Cold Warrior puts in to sharing track schedules, I'm willing to do it but I don't know where to begin with a points/penalties system.

^ See, I told you guys I don't run numbers for points. =P I really thought we would have tied but considering the points were 1.5X and not 1X, I guess not. Still, one heck of a series guys. I might run a simple one-make series at the start of GT7. I really like the idea of running Honda S2000's or the MX-5 ND Miata. Need to look at the GT7 car list again but I would even be interested in running the NB Miata's like the Spec Miata series here in the U.S.A. My other thought was running a one-make truck series with the F-150 Raptor, mainly on dirt courses but with some asphalt thrown in the mix as well. As for rules, regulations and all of the detail @Cold Warrior puts in to sharing track schedules, I'm willing to do it but I don't know where to begin with a points/penalties system.
I love the Miata but, everyone does a Miata cup. The truck idea sounds interesting but, you should include the Toyota truck and balance them out for a dealership rivalry. Be careful of operating in the months of July and December. Membership is usually very low during these months. As for a points system. Take a look around at different real life points systems and see what like and what you don't.

A long with a random endurance special here and there. I have new ideas league the works. I plan on running 2 series throughout at different times of the year. At shorter last summer fall series. This one rotate to whatever fun idea I come up with for that year.

I also have a desire to run a mixed class prototype GT series. My idea would to run this series January to June. Start at Daytona and end at Le Mans each. The rest of the races would in between would be changed out every year for something new.

I won't be starting anything immediately. I'm need of a break because. I also want to build up my car collection so can properly test on my events before launching them.

Since it sounds like your an inexperienced host. I will warn I much as I like hosting races. Playing referee and doing all paperwork even when virtual can be very taxing and time consuming. And it's not for everybody. There's also always the possibility of the heart breaking occurrence where all your hard work ends with hosting no show. It's not always that your ideas was rejected but, your event date or time was just a results of bad timing.

Last edited:
I love the Miata but, everyone does a Miata cup. The truck idea sounds interesting but, you should include the Toyota truck and balance them out for a dealership rivalry. Be careful of operating in the months of July and December. Membership is usually very low during these months. As for a points system. Take a look around at different real life points systems and see what like and what you don't.

A long with a random endurance special here and there. I have new ideas league the works. I plan on running 2 series throughout at different times of the year. At shorter last summer fall series. This one rotate to whatever fun idea I come up with for that year.

I also have a desire to run a mixed class prototype GT series. My idea would to run this series January to June. Start at Daytona and end at Le Mans each. The rest of the races would in between would be changed out every year for something new.

I won't be starting anything immediately. I'm need of a break because. I also want to build up my car collection so can properly test on my events before launching them.

Since it sounds like your an inexperienced host. I will warn I much as I like hosting races. Playing referee and doing all paperwork even when virtual can be very taxing and time consuming. And it's not for everybody. There's also always the possibility of the heart breaking occurrence where all your hard work ends with hosting no show. It's not always that your ideas was rejected but, your event date or time was just a results of bad timing.
Especially when you have racers like me who won't leave alone if they think they have been wronged. (I still think I got the short end of the stick at Catalunya, I worked hard to win that rave, that's probably why I feel shorted):D:D:D

Last edited:
Unfortunately the fastest lap. Worth 1.5 points for this race would have been given to CTK123 if use Supra again. Since he didn't that 1.5 points was lost. You would have been half a point short anyway.

A slight bit of oversteer is generally what you want for good times at Laguna Sega but, that oversteer will also make the car unstable at the corkscrew.

Actually I wanted to ask about when if you remember when you started in Rinsky's League. @Racer283 and I were reminiscing for a bit after the last race. He told me he was apparently raced of the first Interlagos. We were both trying and failing to remember when you joined. I knew you raced the finale at Sarthe that year. You even ran the same livery that you ran last season on Citroen GT.

I often take a liking to that is a unique challenge. The Supercar World Speed Contest Series was based of a GT1 and GT3 events of a similar concept. The GT1 version was my favorite event in that game. The Normal Car World Speed Contest. Why because it was something different. You couldn't just simply tune the car to your liking as you could for every other event.

The Normal Car series was a series 5 sprint races with each only being 5 laps long. Only permitted factory stock non race cars. You weren't even to change your stock tires. So you were completely forced to learn how to drive and adapt to one of the few cars in the game that actually could win series. Yet as challenging and frustrating as the conditions were. The challenge also made it feel more rewarding to win.

This series became more appreciated by me. When you consider the fact that professional race car drivers don't always get a car that drives how they want it to. A lot of times they have to adapt to the car.

I might run the series again in GT7 once they stop adding cars. Hope your up for a round 2.
As long as I am aware of any series that you may run I will be there, you have done a great job hosting, tracking, officiating, and running these series'. I also think SS was too hard and not representative of current tire technology for the Supercar Series but RH would have had too much grip. GT7 needs something like a treaded race tire, that is basically what Supercars come equipped with.

If your run a series I am likely to join as long as I am aware of it. Don't forget, I think the Cateham is coming to GT7, if it's anything like it is in Forza it should be a fun car.

Thank you, CW. I joined the second race of Rinskys first season, I think I have only missed 1 GR4/GR3 race when my wheel was out for warranty repair. I almost started to enjoy the Supercar Series racing, it was a real challenge Sport tires. It really put truth to the slow is smooth and smooth is fast thing.. It really taught me that you can often go faster by braking a little early and letting the car roll thru the apex.
Roll thru~ A little background; before Sim Racing I raced RC carpet racing, turning and F1. Roll thru is a big part of carpet racing, it's what most never learn and end up giving their gear away😒 Teach them to back off, let the car roll and throttle and they become competitive. That said, I've read 10 Gideon Bibles worth of RC/Sim racing(and have forgotten about 7 of them🤣) and this is the one thing that is never discussed or rarely at depth. It took me a little while to connect the 2 but in Sim racing, getting back on throttle at the right point is the challenge. Carpet Racing tracks are usually wider and more forgiving when off Line. I guess this is a good time to advertsie🙄 I have $1000s in RC car gear, most old school and still applicable. If anyone is into RC racing I'll give you one of my ThisFuknNiceGuy discounts. Maybe not CW after that pit stop challenge disguised as a race🤔 Sneaking Bastard🤣🤣🤣🤣
I've got Tweak Boards, Roll-Out Board, Hudy board I made on glass, the only thing is batteries have died😒😒 10-$140 race packs... trash🤨 I had a couple RC sponsors and a few local buisness I advertised for. I made decals for the store and put them on my cars. I was trying to get a major sponsor and become a tester but we ended up moving to Oregon and there is NO carpet racing community here and the off road is in-door and all cheap💩 buggies. No one serious on any level, so I'm giving up. I have a Paul Coleman special edition Ofna Hyper 7 gas buggy w/a few up grades. If you have any idea of what I just said, I'll give killer deals.

Attachments

• 89944547-35B9-46FD-8CBE-F2F3B32AE3E6.png
    89944547-35B9-46FD-8CBE-F2F3B32AE3E6.png
    369.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 29300199-3378-4E3F-A5BD-3611E003AE9B.png
    29300199-3378-4E3F-A5BD-3611E003AE9B.png
    330.8 KB · Views: 18
As long as I am aware of any series that you may run I will be there, you have done a great job hosting, tracking, officiating, and running these series'. I also think SS was too hard and not representative of current tire technology for the Supercar Series but RH would have had too much grip. GT7 needs something like a treaded race tire, that is basically what Supercars come equipped with.
I can only work with what I'm given. Honestly I probably should have just went RH. I would like to see historical racing tires for an authentic experience.

Last edited:
If your run a series I am likely to join as long as I am aware of it. Don't forget, I think the Cateham is coming to GT7, if it's anything like it is in Forza it should be a fun car.
I don’t think I remember seeing the Caterham on GTP Car List for GT7. If it's anything related to Lotus. I don't expect it to in GT7. Since Lotus is now owned by a Chinese company. This occurred between the GTS beta and GTS release. I'm guessing the company is not friendly with PDI. Which is why Lotus' cars were removed before release. Since the only Lotus anything we got GTS was the rebranded 1985 F1 car. It's sad because the Elise is one of my favorite British cars too.

Roll thru~ A little background; before Sim Racing I raced RC carpet racing, turning and F1. Roll thru is a big part of carpet racing, it's what most never learn and end up giving their gear away😒 Teach them to back off, let the car roll and throttle and they become competitive. That said, I've read 10 Gideon Bibles worth of RC/Sim racing(and have forgotten about 7 of them🤣) and this is the one thing that is never discussed or rarely at depth. It took me a little while to connect the 2 but in Sim racing, getting back on throttle at the right point is the challenge. Carpet Racing tracks are usually wider and more forgiving when off Line. I guess this is a good time to advertsie🙄 I have $1000s in RC car gear, most old school and still applicable. If anyone is into RC racing I'll give you one of my ThisFuknNiceGuy discounts. Maybe not CW after that pit stop challenge disguised as a race🤔 Sneaking Bastard🤣🤣🤣🤣
I've got Tweak Boards, Roll-Out Board, Hudy board I made on glass, the only thing is batteries have died😒😒 10-$140 race packs... trash🤨 I had a couple RC sponsors and a few local buisness I advertised for. I made decals for the store and put them on my cars. I was trying to get a major sponsor and become a tester but we ended up moving to Oregon and there is NO carpet racing community here and the off road is in-door and all cheap💩 buggies. No one serious on any level, so I'm giving up. I have a Paul Coleman special edition Ofna Hyper 7 gas buggy w/a few up grades. If you have any idea of what I just said, I'll give killer deals.
I can't tell for sure with the angle is your wife's car body the last generation of the Toyota Celica? The livery reminds me of Terry Labonte's Frosted Flakes car.

@Cold Warrior @fastone371 The series would take place on PS4 console if that matters. I don't know about you guys but I don't think I am upgrading right away after seeing that Ray Tracing and Frame Rate modes are separate and not really incorporated together for the racing experience I was kind of led to expect. Now it's to make replay mode look realistic, not actual gameplay. Ray Tracing was the only feature I thought would make it necessary to upgrade to PS5 and with the scalped prices being around $1000+, I'm for sure not buying one.

Gamestop's notification program hasn't bumped my email either. Right now, they are doing a giveaway on the Sony site by using cheat codes and answering questions. Other than that, I haven't found a reasonable way to purchase a new disk version PS5 or even get one for MSRP.

@Cold Warrior @fastone371 The series would take place on PS4 console if that matters. I don't know about you guys but I don't think I am upgrading right away after seeing that Ray Tracing and Frame Rate modes are separate and not really incorporated together for the racing experience I was kind of led to expect. Now it's to make replay mode look realistic, not actual gameplay. Ray Tracing was the only feature I thought would make it necessary to upgrade to PS5 and with the scalped prices being around $1000+, I'm for sure not buying one.

Gamestop's notification program hasn't bumped my email either. Right now, they are doing a giveaway on the Sony site by using cheat codes and answering questions. Other than that, I haven't found a reasonable way to purchase a new disk version PS5 or even get one for MSRP.
That's fine with me. I will be using with the PS4 version for a while. I even can't afford the in store price tag for a PS5 right now. I would need to able to slowly pay it off. Like I've done for the last few months to pay the pre ordered GT7 version that comes with a PS4 and PS5 copy.

I used to R/C race too. Mostly carpet oval 1/10th scale. I had the fancy high tech Trinity Evolution and grew to hate it. I liked my t-plate Woods Bros. chassis the best. I put Associated front ends on them of course. I also had an older Htperdrive LH drive car that I liked and a late model Hyperdrive, can't remember the model though. Yeah, it sucked having to search for and pay for 4 team NiCad packs for every night of racing. Remember, only use them once a week if you want them to stay strong. I quit R/C racing around 95 or so, so my stuff is ancient. Also have 2 1/10th scale nitro off road trucks, a 4wd on road car and a 1/4 scale winged sprint car that has a weed Wacker engine. It's very realistic with torsion bars, tube chassis, etc., looks like a real sprint car.

My PS4 ain't going nowhere, I still have all of my old Playstations, I could start up any GT version and play in a matter of minutes. I am on the hunt for a PS5 bit I refuse to pay more than MSRP. IF I do get a PS5 soon I would imagine that I could still see messages from PS4 users since GT7 is cross generational.

I don’t think I remember seeing the Caterham on GTP Car List for GT7. If it's anything related to Lotus. I don't expect it to in GT7. Since Lotus is now owned by a Chinese company. This occurred between the GTS beta and GTS release. I'm guessing the company is not friendly with PDI. Which is why Lotus' cars were removed before release. Since the only Lotus anything we got GTS was the rebranded 1985 F1 car. It's sad because the Elise is one of my favorite British cars too.
You are correct, its the Bac Mono that's sposed to be in GT7. I think it's an Xbow/Caterham like car so close enough, you don't gotta be picky. :) :) :)

I can't tell for sure with the angle is your wife's car body the last generation of the Toyota Celica? The livery reminds me of Terry Labonte's Frosted Flakes car.
Those are my RC cars. I got her a badass buggy she put a Dodge Power Wagon body on. She really did an awesome job👍🏻
and surprising she can drive pretty good. The Blue/orange body is a Toyota RSX. I usually ran F360 or Lambo gilardo body. But they didn't have any in stock. I couldn't get either new so went with the RSX. Really there is very little to aero for RC cars.
That's my first Sim Racing seat. It's a Game Racer I got in 2004. It was $750 then🤨😒 Now they're $200🤬 I kept it protected so it really looks brand new. When I got my open wheeler seat, HQ got the old one. The wheel is a PS wheel my buddy left here. I got another Logitech G29 wheel with my new seat but it's for Xbox not PS. They make an adaptor for $35, still need to pick that up from a France Co.. Once I get that, I'll have 2 cockpit set-ups. We are talking about getting a dedicated tv to keep both set up, like an arcade. I'm still looking to build a F1 style cockpit because of my wrecked low back. Then HQ will get my Open Wheeler and I'll sell my Game Racer...🤔 to CW. With my ThisFuknNiceGuy discount, I think I could go as low as $100 but you pay for shipping. You really know how to negotiate😆 This wont happen for a couple months still but seriously will be looking to sell the cockpit, no wheel unless my buddy wants to sell his.

Those are my RC cars. I got her a badass buggy she put a Dodge Power Wagon body on. She really did an awesome job👍🏻
and surprising she can drive pretty good. The Blue/orange body is a Toyota RSX. I usually ran F360 or Lambo gilardo body. But they didn't have any in stock. I couldn't get either new so went with the RSX. Really there is very little to aero for RC cars.
That's my first Sim Racing seat. It's a Game Racer I got in 2004. It was $750 then🤨😒 Now they're $200🤬 I kept it protected so it really looks brand new. When I got my open wheeler seat, HQ got the old one. The wheel is a PS wheel my buddy left here. I got another Logitech G29 wheel with my new seat but it's for Xbox not PS. They make an adaptor for $35, still need to pick that up from a France Co.. Once I get that, I'll have 2 cockpit set-ups. We are talking about getting a dedicated tv to keep both set up, like an arcade. I'm still looking to build a F1 style cockpit because of my wrecked low back. Then HQ will get my Open Wheeler and I'll sell my Game Racer...🤔 to CW. With my ThisFuknNiceGuy discount, I think I could go as low as $100 but you pay for shipping. You really know how to negotiate😆 This wont happen for a couple months still but seriously will be looking to sell the cockpit, no wheel unless my buddy wants to sell his.
Not sure what you mean by very little aero on R/C cars but I found the exact opposite. Right before a Qualifying race a buddy walks by and asks me if I know how much the second element on my wing is slowing me down. I said I never really thought about it so like a dumb ass I took it of right before my qualifier, the thing was virtually unrivaled and I lost my TQ for night. Then he said he didn't mean for me to take it off right then, I asked then why even tell me about it. I never really got into the tech side of R/C racing, I flat didnt have time, I just got decent stuff and did the best I could do with careful and solid preparation, it went a long ways. I never took it to race night without rebuilt shocks and it never went on track without going on the corner scales first plus about 100 other little things.

Not sure what you mean by very little aero on R/C cars but I found the exact opposite. Right before a Qualifying race a buddy walks by and asks me if I know how much the second element on my wing is slowing me down. I said I never really thought about it so like a dumb ass I took it of right before my qualifier, the thing was virtually unrivaled and I lost my TQ for night. Then he said he didn't mean for me to take it off right then, I asked then why even tell me about it. I never really got into the tech side of R/C racing, I flat didnt have time, I just got decent stuff and did the best I could do with careful and solid preparation, it went a long ways. I never took it to race night without rebuilt shocks and it never went on track without going on the corner scales first plus about 100 other little things.
I had a feeling you knew what I was talking about😁 There are a lot of race car drivers that race RC. Did you run carpet out asphalt? Back in🤔 01' or 02', when Nascar came to Sonoma, Jeff Gordon and his friend(??) came down and raced. It was really cool. He signed a car and we auctioned it off for charity👍🏻 Very nice guy, humble and down to earth.

The rear wing is the only real aero to worry about. Unless you have a monster straight, a good tuned motor and your set-up will be worth more. You can trim the rear wing [a little] to stay with in ROAR regs. I'm not sure about running w/o the wing though. It does help keep the rear from coming around somewhat. We used "tire sauce" to get the tires sticky🤫😉😁 and had little issue unless you overdrive your corner. There are 2 key things to RC racing; your battery pack and your motor. You can take an 'off the shelf' car, put a race pack and a tuned motor and be competitive with the stock set-up.

My RC exp. is 25+ Years ago, and like Sim racing, when we moved to Oregon, I stopped running or keeping up on new technology. I read everything I could get my hands on. Back then I used a Comm Lathe to resurface comms, put it on a motor tuner and check the torque, RPM, voltage etc., customize my brushes... I really got into the set-up part of the sport. I really emersed myself and learned everything I could about how to set-up a car. RC/Sim/real it's all relatable. I tuned other racers motors @ $5 a motor🤑 Built/balanced battery packs, for friends only. I had a guy that built batteries and hooked me up with "Hot" batteries. I got batteries w/1.20v-1.25v per battery making 7.4-7.5v Race packs🤫 I run 6 races on a pack and when the pack falls to 7.2v-7.1v, I sell them to newer racers and still make a couple bucks. They're better than off the shelf batteries even after being over charged 6x. I better stop rambling🙄😁 Maybe I'll post some info on my Discord channel. I made notes and cheat sheets to quickly diagnose the issue and tell you what to adjust. Anyone can learn to tune quick. 🤔🤔💩You could probably find it online now. Things weren't like it is now🤓

I had a feeling you knew what I was talking about😁 There are a lot of race car drivers that race RC. Did you run carpet out asphalt? Back in🤔 01' or 02', when Nascar came to Sonoma, Jeff Gordon and his friend(??) came down and raced. It was really cool. He signed a car and we auctioned it off for charity👍🏻 Very nice guy, humble and down to earth.

The rear wing is the only real aero to worry about. Unless you have a monster straight, a good tuned motor and your set-up will be worth more. You can trim the rear wing [a little] to stay with in ROAR regs. I'm not sure about running w/o the wing though. It does help keep the rear from coming around somewhat. We used "tire sauce" to get the tires sticky🤫😉😁 and had little issue unless you overdrive your corner. There are 2 key things to RC racing; your battery pack and your motor. You can take an 'off the shelf' car, put a race pack and a tuned motor and be competitive with the stock set-up.

My RC exp. is 25+ Years ago, and like Sim racing, when we moved to Oregon, I stopped running or keeping up on new technology. I read everything I could get my hands on. Back then I used a Comm Lathe to resurface comms, put it on a motor tuner and check the torque, RPM, voltage etc., customize my brushes... I really got into the set-up part of the sport. I really emersed myself and learned everything I could about how to set-up a car. RC/Sim/real it's all relatable. I tuned other racers motors @ $5 a motor🤑 Built/balanced battery packs, for friends only. I had a guy that built batteries and hooked me up with "Hot" batteries. I got batteries w/1.20v-1.25v per battery making 7.4-7.5v Race packs🤫 I run 6 races on a pack and when the pack falls to 7.2v-7.1v, I sell them to newer racers and still make a couple bucks. They're better than off the shelf batteries even after being over charged 6x. I better stop rambling🙄😁 Maybe I'll post some info on my Discord channel. I made notes and cheat sheets to quickly diagnose the issue and tell you what to adjust. Anyone can learn to tune quick. 🤔🤔💩You could probably find it online now. Things weren't like it is now🤓
Yesterday when after I finally got home and got GT7 installed. One of my first few races against AI. The random name generator gave me a J. Gordon driving a Honda Fit at BB Raceway. After I was done laughing I completed the race. Then for to take picture before I left.

Be wary. Do not lose internet connection during playing. It causes a Menu Book glitch and right now, it's not fixed and non-progressable...what a rip...

Happened to me last night.
I don't plan on losing my internet connection. I have heard about the glitch. So I'm sure PDI knows about the glitch and will fix it soon. Though I suppose it wouldn't hurt to report the glitch.

Are you playing with the disk or download copy?

Be wary. Do not lose internet connection during playing. It causes a Menu Book glitch and right now, it's not fixed and non-progressable...what a rip...

Happened to me last night.
So are you saying the game freezes and you can't do anything??
I only lost interweb once while playing, it happened when utilities were trimming trees by the power wires and a worker got electrocuted.

I would simply go back to GTS if that happened. I can't say that the wait for GT7 was worth it at this point. I am really hating the physics, the rear of the cars is way too loose,,the cars want spin under cornering with light acceleration and also under braking. I don't know if it is as bad on the DS4, if it isn't as bad the pad users will have a huge advantage. It's virtually impossible to drive without TCS. And what's with the music? The GT music has never been really important to me but this stuff now would have to improve just to be awful.

Last edited:
So are you saying the game freezes and you can't do anything??
I only lost interweb once while playing, it happened when utilities were trimming trees by the power wires and a worker got electrocuted.
I would simply go back to GTS if that happened. I can't say that the wait for GT7 was worth it at this point. I am really hating the physics, the rear of the cars is way too loose,,the cars want spin under cornering with light acceleration and also under braking. I don't know if it is as bad on the DS4, if it isn't as bad the pad users will have a huge advantage. It's virtually impossible to drive without TCS. And what's with the music? The GT music has never been really important to me but this stuff now would have to improve just to be awful.
There's a glitch with the Menu Book getting stuck. Preventing you from progressing farther.

Is the utility worker okay? There is a lot of current that goes through those power lines.

I expected some teething issues. Video games are soo complicated now days. I'm also trying a new controls layout. While getting use to the new psychics. I actually like the music. And my preference rock / metal. I heard a lot worse in modern video games.

Last edited:
Disk. Considering going to Gamestop and returning it. Could finish out GT Sport, A.C.C. and WRC 10 instead. Really, what is the point of preordering a bricked game? Call me cheap or whatever but it is too much money for something that doesn't work out of the box...even saved up to preorder a PS5 25th Anniversary disc edition in optimism. Optimism is gone...looks like GT7 may be the next biggest hype let down since Anthem. <-Saying that...I give it until next weekend. If the progression bug isn't addressed by then, I'll be returning the game. Back before internet updates, something like this would never have gotten through beta-testing because sending out a bunch of bugged disc games that stop progression randomly at any time would financially destroy most video-game developers...as long as they aren't tied to a large corporate entity to keep them from going under in such a situation. Doing a complete run of un-playable disc copies, shipping them around the world, refunding customers their money or replacing all copies with a playable copy and all of the logistics in between would probably put most video-game developers under for good.

Disk. Considering going to Gamestop and returning it. Could finish out GT Sport, A.C.C. and WRC 10 instead. Really, what is the point of preordering a bricked game? Call me cheap or whatever but it is too much money for something that doesn't work out of the box...even saved up to preorder a PS5 25th Anniversary disc edition in optimism. Optimism is gone...looks like GT7 may be the next biggest hype let down since Anthem. <-Saying that...I give it until next weekend. If the progression bug isn't addressed by then, I'll be returning the game. Back before internet updates, something like this would never have gotten through beta-testing because sending out a bunch of bugged disc games that stop progression randomly at any time would financially destroy most video-game developers...as long as they aren't tied to a large corporate entity to keep them from going under in such a situation. Doing a complete run of un-playable disc copies, shipping them around the world, refunding customers their money or replacing all copies with a playable copy and all of the logistics in between would probably put most video-game developers under for good.
If you stuck on Menu Book 6. They already know about it. There's an article with listed solutions in the News List. There's also a list of other issues they are looking into.

PDI fixes their mistakes a lot faster than any other game developer companies and they'll do it for free. There are actually companies will charge you for patches.

Just be patient and try their suggestions. If they don't then work complete the circuit experiences and run custom races to earn money and your daily workouts.

Last edited:
There's a glitch with the Menu Book getting stuck. Preventing you from progressing farther.

Is the utility worker okay? There is a lot of current that goes through those power lines.

I expected some teething issues. Video games are soo complicated now days. I'm also trying a new controls layout. While getting use to the new psychics. I actually like the music. And my preference rock / metal. I heard a lot worse in modern video games.
Utility worker ended up being OK. It happened about a block away from our house, we are in a rural area, I actually heard that electrical shorting sound right before my power flickered then went out. He was hung upside down in a tree for about half an hour by his safety harness until rescue workers arrived. I'm guessing power had to be shut down too.

If you stuck on Menu Book 6. They already know about it. There's an article with listed solutions in the News List. There's also a list of other issues they are looking into.

PDI fixes their mistakes a lot faster than any other game developer companies and they'll do it for free. There are actually companies will charge you for patches.

Just be patient and try their suggestions. If they don't then work complete the circuit experiences and run custom races to earn money and your daily workouts.

I Don't see the link for the article. Do you mind linking it ?

Back