Scrooge does GT4 Part 1: 0 to 25% on 4,000 cr.

• Thread starter Mr.Slow
  • 91 comments
Mr.Slow
Because you need one to part take in the Cobra Cup (Manufacturer event) and get to 100%.

As long as the Series 1 is enought to win at the Cobra Cup then you can bet Scrooge will be considering it. đź‘Ť

CORRECTION: Scrooge doesn't need a Cobra, he needs a Shelby for the Shelby race... still gonna be a lot of dough
:crazy:

Scrooge dispatched the supercar festival without trouble. As long as the nardo and the tommy weren't in the lineup it was a <10 pt race. In New Yor the Nardo was present but the CLK was on pole and held everybody back (except for Scrooge) long enough so that by the time the Nardo got past him Scrooge was 10 seconds ahead. Even then the Nardo was .3 of a second slower per lap so Scrooge kinda just cruised.

Highest points were at New York (71).

But no good deed goes unpunished. Scrooge decided to start the Tsukuba 9 hour endurance race with the RUF.... he thought it was going to be the usual fare: Pit twice as often as the competition, get 3-4 seconds advantage per lap and even Bob can finish the race.... Little did he remember that the RUF comes with SS tires instead of SM so he's having to pit 3 times as much as the competion and that POS RUF is worthless on the in lap (left rear is neon red).

Just pitted on lap 42 .02 seconds in front of the Elise. Gonna come out behind by 20odd seconds... The race is really between the Elise and Scrooge. Everybody else is already 2 laps down.

Scrooge is very, very concerned about this race!

Sent bloody mr. cratchit on setting 4 after that pit stop and the idiot just kept going off track on the last turn. So ofcourse the next time he pits in the Elise is 32 seconds in front. Scrooge decides to send Cratchit to the showers and take over the job himself ( Should I take a sickie in RL??).

Came out of that pit stop 4 secons away from being lapped by the Elise... Scrooge was furious at Bob.... But after doing two stints and putting 1 minute lap after 1 minute lap he's overtaken the elise and just pitted (lap 94) with 24 seconds lead.. It will be close but he may come out in front....

Alas, he won't know until tonight coz it is time to go to work.... and bob has been sent to the showers... only not told to go home just yet... he may get to drive again later if the lead is big enough....

Towards the end of the 5th hour Scrooge pitted just having lapped the Elise for the 3rd time. He figured Cratchit would take a while to squander that so there was a change of drivers. In the next 1 1/2 hour Cratchit went from a 2:35 lead to trailing by 35 seconds.

So Scrooge spent the last 50 minutes correcting that mistake. Now at lap 452 and at exactly 8 hours he pitted with a 45 second lead. Will come out with a ~22 seconds lead and 1 hour left of driving. Cratchit may still get to drive again just to rub it in the Elise's face ;-)

3rd place is 24 laps down and last place is 40+ laps down.

What setting are you using in B-spec? I can't imagine Mr. Cratchit losing that much time - sounds like you are preasuring him too much. Try a setting of 3 with overtake instead of 4 or 5 - I am sure he will impress you.

Using setting 3. Every so often he has a good run (maybe a good batch of tires?? :-)) and actually manages to lap 1 second or so faster than the Elise. But most of the time he is lapping .2-.5 seconds slower. In the first and last lap of a stint he just can't do any better than 3 seconds slower than the Elise.

I tried setting 4 a couple of times and he actually did a 1.00.987 followed by an excursion off track in the next lap!. To be fair, I think it is mostly the combination of the car and track. Tsukuba is very short/traction centric and the RUF Yellow Bird is one tough car to drive. Also, Bob improved his average lap from low 1:03 to high 1:02 in the 1 1/2 hours he drove today. Chuck it down to experience I say.

As a reference: The current fastest lap by Scrooge is 59.2xx with an average of 1:00.6xx and very few laps over 1:01.9xxx (even with cold or old tires).

I think I once called in the aid of a relative of Mr. Cratchit's, his name was Bill.
His trackrecord seemed great with over 4000 points so I gave him the task of driving the 9hr Tsukuba race.
It turned out I had to tell Bill to go a bit cautious (setting 2) to avoid him spinning of in the long bend before the finish line.
Can't remember what he was driving though.

Well, Cratchit dissapoints again. This time at the Capitan 200 miles. Scrooge tried to follow the recipe of "100HP over the competition to make up for the extra pit stops" and put Bob in the Cizeta. That was a mistake as by the end of lap 6 he was already 32 seconds behind and in position 5.... Scrooge pulled the plug... first enduro DNF... sad say...

Then Scrooge went to the next car up that has sport tires standard: The Nuvolari. At 600 odd HP it should be close to 200HP over the competition but there is a Spirra in the lineup that surely is not at the 319HP listed in the car database. Anywho, the Spirra was lapping 2 seconds faster than Bob (setting 3) and 1-2 seconds faster in setting 4 (whenever bob wasn't driving off the road.)

By the time the first stop came (lap 9) Bob was 12 seconds behind (and 17 seconds clear of P2). Scrooge has flashbacks fom Tsukuba (which he actually won by two laps) and decided to give it a go himself. Two DNFs on the same race would be too embarrasing... like at the Speedway 150...

Came out of the pits in P6 and 37 seconds behind the Spirra. Putting on his "gonna getcha you mofo!" driving attitude, Scrooge did on two stints lapping 4-6 faster than the Spirra. Which pitted on lap 15 (I think). So now Scrooge is gonna come out of the pits 20some seconds ahead of the Spirra on lap 25.

Since the race is 66 laps long, Cratchit may not be driving anymore this time around. :-(

Bob was relegated to 'do the boring bits since the race is already in the bag' driver for the rest of the El Capitan race (fastest lap was 1:52.231) and for the Fuji 1000kms . The Toyota 7 was used at Fuji (down about 100HP from the rest of the field but 300kgs lighter so much better acelleration) and once again Bob could barely make up 1/2 to 1 seconds on 2nd place. Since pitting was every 12 laps this was not enough. Scrooge called Bob back in after only 6 laps and proceeded to do the next 100 laps. At that point it was about half distance and they were up by 3 laps. Bob was lapping 2 seconds slower than 2nd place on setting 3 but on setting 4 he managed not to go off track and lap .5 - 1.2 seconds faster than 2nd place in half of the laps of each stint.

That may have been enough to win the race due to the 3 lap advantage but Scrooge wanted to make sure so after letting Cratchit bring the lead down to 1.5 laps, Scrooge went back on and took it back up to 2.5 laps. After that he let Cratchit do the last 40 laps and won by 1.5 laps. Fastest lap by Scrooge was 1:15.288

Things weren't looking too rosy for Bob. However, the 24hr nurburing was next and he had proven in the 4 hr event that he could lap faster than Scrooge in that venue (With the Option Stream). Scrooge wondered if it was a matter of Bob not getting a handle of hard cars so he did some research and decided to use the Chaparral for this race. The car is down on power from most of the field but Scrooge had heard good things about it and in the previews it just seemed to run away.

In a weird turn of events Bob lapped 20 Seconds faster than Scrooge during private practice. Scrooge just couldn't get a handle on the car and had a best lap of 7:10. With Bob's 6:51 (setting 3) printed out, Scrooge did some math and thought the race was a sure thing. Also, he decided to do the first stint to make sure he gave bob a car in 1st place. Struggling even more than in practice, Scrooge managed a best lap of 7:17 and even did a 360 spin. However it was good enough to pit at the end of lap 3 with a 25 second advantage. Bob took over and after thre stints it became clear the race was in the bag. The only thing Scrooge did not like was that Bob kept crashing on the last turn of the final lap (3) of each sting. The tires were too worn out even for setting 3.

Scrooge told Bob to take it easy (2) and see how things progressed. Lapping between 7:06 and 7:16, the numbers still added up (2nd place lapping at 7:23) and Bob wasn't crashing in the last turn. So Scrooge left Bob in charge with these parting words: "Well Mr.Cratchit, I may have to give you TWO lumps of coal this Xmas!"

I'm very impressed with Scrooge's progress as both a driver & a manager.
Always an entertaining read, each update is sprinkled with humour and lots of great information for us "would be" Scrooges out here! đź‘Ť
I'm looking for a stock ride to win one of the enduros with at the moment. Had set my heart on the Jensen Interceptor, but it eats tyres way too quickly, and the 3-speed transmission is a nightmare! May have to abandon that idea!

Which race? How easy do you want it to be?
BTW Since Scrooge hasn't bought a car yet he would only be able to advice on non prize cars...

Mr.Slow
Which race? How easy do you want it to be?
BTW Since Scrooge hasn't bought a car yet he would only be able to advice on non prize cars...

Not very easy, I hate easy races! Preferably the closer the better! See Spooning Away 2hrs in Rome in the GT3 write-ups section for my sort of race....
I've just tried Infinion and Fuji in the Zonda Race Car, but I'd get totally blown away by the LMRs. Think again....
There's got to be something I can do with one of the cars I've got! Maybe I'll try the Toyota 7.

Fuji 1000 will be too easy in the Toyota 7. I was lapping 4+ seconds per lap faster than the competition. Pitting every every 12 laps (Stock tires - RM I think) meant I would never loose a place due to pitting. I did go off track quite a few times trying to break lap record (1:15.288). But even then I would manage to lap at the same pace as No 2 (1:20-1:21). After 100 laps it got boring so the only way to stay interested was to let Bob drive or trying to 'put another lap' on pos 2.

I just did the Infineon on the Formula GT car (Actually, Cratchit did it) but I purposely avoided the lineups that had the 905 (darn thing has very long stints) and the Toyota 7 as I wanted to make sure Bob could put 3 seconds/ lap on the competition (pitting every 8 laps). Maybe you wanna try the Toyota 7 against another Toyota 7 or the 905 (or both) for some white knucle racing (Not sure about how many points you'll get though). The race is 2 hours 45 minutes BTW.

Scrooge hit a $$ wall at 47.7%: Couldn't go any further without spending money so he tried to workout his options.

1. Soup up one of the Alpines for the French Championship. But the A130 (with the already bought turbo) is at 140Hp and all of the competition is over 180hp.... too much money to have a chance he thought.
2. Soup up the '54 corvette for the corvette festival. But the corvette is about 250hp down on the competition and the gearbox maxes out at 120MPH.... WAY too much money to be competitive.
3. Finish souping up the lupo for the lupo cup. Already spent 5k on weight reduction and the lupo GT and GTi (the competiton) is only at 123hp. Surely a turbo should put us in the game (stock is 98hp)
4. Buy dirt tires for 23k and do some rallying....

Since the lupo seemed the cheapest option, Scrooge downed a few glasses of moonshine and gathered the courage to dust his wallet. After spending a little while trying to remember where he left it (or if he even had a wallet :- ) ) he headed for the VW tuning shop. Not without first checking out the prices of the Cup cars just to have a comparison.

It turned out that the cheapest Cup Lupo is 24k so he was happy to spend 4500 on the stage 1 turbo. This put the car at 145hp, 20 more than the Cup cars have.... Piece of cake he thought!...

He was sadly mistaken, the Cup cars all have improved suspension, brakes and racing tires so whenever Scrooge was poised for an overtake move he has to brake too early and would loose tons of time due to understeer.... "Bigger turbo" he thougt. It was another 12k but that should do us .... Wrong again: The understeer from the tires was too much to make up in sheer straight line speed... 'shucks, there goes more money!' he was heard mumbling whist nursing a cramping hand which refused to open the wallet once again.

In the end he was able to beat 3 of the 5 races in a practice run. Tsukuba and Suzuka broke his heart as they are two of his favourite tracks but even on racing tires the lupo slides too much in comparison to the Cup cars. 5 & 6 was the best he could do. Maybe he shouldn't have bought the cheapest racing tires... but he may not have been able to win at the ring...

He's taking a break from this..... and Bob better not say anything about Scrooge spending so much money on one car!

Scrooge is sad today. First of all he forked the 23k for the dirt tires and found out that he can't rally worth a damn (back to blowing money on the lupo.... arrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhh!).

Secondly he got to 49% which means he is ~5 wins away from 50%. That means he'll have to sit down and transcribe 8 pages of scribbles for the next installment of the series (pretty hard stuff due to his ink challenged writing) AND the time is nearing when he'll make the last update post on this thread.... :-(

It's been a while since I last posted here. Been slowly chipping away at things, done the extreme hall and started on some of the rally events (I've never liked rallying in the GT series). I handed almost all of the Formula GT series over to B Spec, I usually just did a qualifier and then took one or two stints in the race (though I had to do almost all of the Le Mans race since B Spec can't really drive there).

Now, down to the money situation...

As you can see from the attached status screen, the total money I've had is 15, 911, 800 credits (prize money + 10k starting money). I've got 15, 645, 130 left over, so somewhere down the line, I've gone crazy and spent 266, 670 credits. Don't fear though, I've got it all accounted for...

First thing I bought was a truck for the truck series in Beginner Hall. I got the Dodge RAM cos I'd heard it was the quickest. What can I say...it's a piece of ****! Cost 37, 930 credits. The next thing I bought was an MX-5 RS (to compete in the convertible cup in beginner hall and the mx-5 enduro). That cost 23, 500 credits plus 12, 500 for a turbo (Needed the turbo to win the Convertible cup, the competition could be quite hard). Then I bought the TVR Tamora (Big mistake, as I mentioned before). That cost 70, 940 credits, plus 80, 000 for stage 3 NA, 4, 500 for a racing exhaust, 5, 000 for the port polish and 10, 000 for the engine balancing. Then I bought dirt tyres for the Lancia Delta S4, which cost 23, 000. Something doesn't quite add up, but it's because I'm pricing things from memory...if anyone can correct my prices then I'd appreciate it :)

Status Screen (60.1%)

amp88
As you can see from the attached status screen, the total money I've had is 15, 911, 800 credits (prize money + 10k starting money). I've got 15, 645, 130 left over, so somewhere down the line, I've gone crazy and spent 266, 670 credits. Don't fear though, I've got it all accounted for...

You have earned quite a few quid more than Scrooge... and are up to 60% already... You sure move faster than him... :)

Doesn't it suck buying the dirt tyres and then realizing you rather NOT be rallying?

:ouch:

I myself have just hit 30% without spending anything and ive still got some special conditions, missions and all the endurances to do aswell as the races i havnt had the time to master

But it all goes good!

Surprised myself this morning by beating Tsukuba HARD with the Chevy LM car

Indoctrin
I myself have just hit 30% without spending anything and ive still got some special conditions, missions and all the endurances to do aswell as the races i havnt had the time to master

But it all goes good!

Surprised myself this morning by beating Tsukuba HARD with the Chevy LM car

Keep up the good work. You should be able to get to 41% before having to consider spending any money. At least that is how far Scrooge got if you don't count the 4k cr wasted on the Lupo early on. And if you are a better driver than him you could probably add another 5% provided you can beat the Alpine race with the stock A130 (that thing is a handful) and the British Lightweight Cup in the Ginetta without upgrades.

As far as the enduros: Roadster 4 hours is the only one you won't be able to do. Also keep in mind that each endurance race only gives ~0.17% completion so out of 15 races you'll get less than 2% but you'll have to do a whole lot of racing.. That is why Scrooge decided to hold off on doing the two La Sarthe races... He did the Nurburing because the prize (F1) is the only car that can do the speedway 150 and Infineon Sports without upgrading the tires.

Scrooge did the Tsukuba Hard witht he Pagani Zonda. The only 200 pt race he's done. The Camaro has 100HP less than the Zonda right? Good going mate!

ViXeN
It's been very entertaining reading for sure...

But I really really wanna know how much money scrooge now has... ;)

Patience... coming soon... transcribing the notes at the moment.

Hint : It is not 10mill yet...

Mr.Slow
Patience... coming soon... transcribing the notes at the moment.

Hint : It is not 10mill yet...

Ah OK, puts my mind at ease slightly... Good thing you're doing here, very brave... Don't think I could manage that...

Great stuff Mr Slow! Look forward to reading about your future exploits. Keep up the good work.

P.S. Which car did you use for the Boxer Spirit series?
I am trying to win this one but I don't want to have to buy a car specially for it.

a display of stinginess worthy of silas himself.

Mr.Slow
Scrooge did the Tsukuba Hard witht he Pagani Zonda. The only 200 pt race he's done. The Camaro has 100HP less than the Zonda right? Good going mate!
Has scrooge won the M3 GTR yet? I won the tsukuba race with a CSL, so i'm sure the GTR can...

Well this has inspired me to start a new poorboy file and "attempt" to keep a complete log of what car used where, creds spent(or saved), ect....

Back