Skoda is Coming to Gran Turismo 7, Vision GT Car to be Revealed Next Week

• Thread starter Famine
  • 333 comments
I don't like vgts...but this one looks like a good racing car...maybe if it handles well...I will actually use it on TT mode..hope it has under 1 ton and at least 1000 hp...cant forget to mention adjustable aero

If you look at the teaser and the old images of their ‘vision’ car, you can probably safely say it’s -for a large part- the same car… and it’s pretty cool I think :) Hopefully, as Skoda wants a bigger representation in games, this opens the door for more Skoda models to come to GT. I’m personally not a Skoda fan, I think their quality control and ‘finishing touches’ is lacking (panel gaps, alignment of trim etc.).

Let’s see what the future brings :)

I don't mind if they introduce yet more of these silly massively overpowered and made-up VGTs that look like they were designed by a 7 year old, just as long as they don't ever use them in daily races or the time trials, and as long as they are illegible to run in Gr.1, Gr2, Gr3 & Gr4 races.

Honestly I would prefer to race the Ambulance or another K car than another one of these zillion horsepower monstrosities.
This this this, perfectly summarizes the problem with VGT.
They could always add VGT only races.

Seriously, are these "futuristic" cars interesting for the game's DLC?
Always depends on the individual. We get what we get and each one of us decides if we like it or not.

Some VGTs are born from a past or existing brand model. Some are completely new from the design team. Like a laser in your eyes propulsion system.
The brands see value in creating them and seeing them added to the game. How PD utilise them is more of the main concern(as well as the car physics of various additions).

I completely understand why many people don't like the VGT series but I for one have always enjoyed it. Some of the cars do nothing for me - Subaru I am looking at you - but there have been some fantastic and interesting additions like the Mazda and Chaparral.

I am looking forward to this Skoda VGT but am hoping it leads to the arrival of some of their race cars in the future.

Last edited:
All this chatter about VGT aside for a moment - the biggest news for this forum is that on Thursday night, oddly at 18 minutes past six pm on the 18th of the month, I finally received the Porsche invitation and bought myself a Carrera GT!!!!! Yes!!! After two years of waiting the roulette wheel finally spaffed out a ticket for Porsche!!!

Thank you for indulging me.
I am happy as an animal of your own choice in an environment of your choosing which brings the aforementioned animal deep joy.

Just got a twitter notification about a Gran Turismo post saying “3 days until the big reveal”, but it was deleted before I could properly see it. Did anyone happen to get a good look?

1713705224259.png

So we'll probably get the 1100 OHC Spyder in the near future considering the announcement.
Destined to happen at some point =/Else= Both'll B darn right clowns.

'... of the three examples originally built, only two of these 1957 Skoda OHC Spiders remain, and just one of them is in working order.'

A 1950's model was added to GT7 near 9 months ago via update.

Last edited:
I wouldn't really take this as any confirmation of 1100 coming. Shouldn't be ruled out entirely, of course, but a lot of VGTs take inspiration of some other race cars from the manufacturer and those are often used in promo materials without ever appearing in the game.

I wouldn't really take this as any confirmation of 1100 coming. Shouldn't be ruled out entirely, of course, but a lot of VGTs take inspiration of some other race cars from the manufacturer and those are often used in promo materials without ever appearing in the game.
The Peugeot L500R HYbrid and L750R HYbrid VGTs are perfect examples of this.

I suspect that introducing Skoda to GT7 requires actually a proper placement in the game like a brand central Skoda museum, a cafe extra menu which enforced at least 3 Skoda cars. I have high hopes for that

Back