So, I made a site for downloading SVG numbers

• Thread starter 996rick
  • 91 comments
United States
Chicago
gt7_996rick
Well, this is about the nerdiest & niche thing I've ever built.

I've spent plenty of time looking for numbers in the decal search and it's not great. So I often make my own. But most folks don't have a ton of fonts available, so I thought this could be an interesting resource to download your own rather than me trying to upload a ton of numbers for everyone. I saw rabbitinvasio's number thread here and thought I could build upon that idea. Plus I wanted to test out some website thingies and needed something to build.

Here it is: GT7numbers.com

There are 8-ish fonts there now, some with multiple weights.
  • Each number is an individual SVG image, already formatted for gran-turismo.com, so they should just work.
  • Click on each to download the SVG, or right-click to save image.
  • Feel free to modify/combine/etc the SVGs to make whatever.
  • Please let me know if you run into any bugs or difficulties.
Do you have any you'd like to see added? I'd like to cover the major racing series atleast.

screenshot.png

Last edited:
Nice! 👍
They're already available in the database but just in case you want to add them
GT World challenge : Trade Gothic Bold Cond
British GT : Klavika Bold Italic
Gt4 European Series : Graystoke
DTM/ DTM Trophy : Urfa Bold Italic

Last edited:
Nicely done! I downloaded most of them then uploaded to my folder. It'll be so nice not having to do a search for numbers, now.

TYVM!

Hi, we run a competition and we use number plates with a custom font.. Is it possible you can add fonts which aren't particular famous racing series? :D

I've spent plenty of time looking for numbers in the decal search and it's not great. So I often make my own. But most folks don't have a ton of fonts available, so I thought this could be an interesting resource to download your own rather than me trying to upload a ton of numbers for everyone. I saw rabbitinvasio's number thread here and thought I could build upon that idea. Plus I wanted to test out some website thingies and needed something to build.

• Each number is an individual SVG image, already formatted for gran-turismo.com, so they should just work.
Do you have any you'd like to see added? I'd like to cover the major racing series atleast.

View attachment 1147544
Nicely done!

I'd like to see Compacta and the N24 numberboard font to be added, if needed I could send both of those 0-9 as SVGs to you?

Any chance we could get the old Dekra DTM font (the really blocky one with the outlines) and the current WEC font? Also the WRC numbering would be a nice addition.

I was going to suggest Nascar then remembered they're different on pretty much every single car...

View attachment 1147544
Wow, your website is fantastic! You must've put a lot of effort into it? Maybe you could consider adding in fonts that different car brands and manufacturers use.

Thanks for all the fonts sent over! I've added a couple, and have a couple more to add from what's been sent over.

I also made some design tweaks to better incorporate the racing series, where appropriate. And I've put all the numbers associated with a series at the top, followed by misc fonts below.

Wow, your website is fantastic! You must've put a lot of effort into it? Maybe you could consider adding in fonts that different car brands and manufacturers use.
Thanks! Not a ton of effort. Just fire up a quick Jekyll site, buy a domain, and do a couple hours of CSS. The longest thing was creating the Figma template to export all the numbers in a uniform manner so they can we swapped out in-game, and also export out of Figma in the correct setting so I don't have to SVGOMG every asset.

I am trying to keep this focused to racing numbers at the moment, but I do see a need for other common resources that don't make sense uploading to the site and then linking. Will continue to keep that in mind. Cheers!

Great work! Is the SuperGT getting added?

Also, it would be amazing if you could choose 3 numbers and it would create 1 .svg of all numbers combined.. But that might be a bit too steep in coding?

Anyone knows the exact SuperGT font? I can send all separate .svgs though
I've searched quite a bit and can't find an answer here. If I do, I'll update with a clean set via a font. I'll be dropping your SVGs on the site tomorrow, thanks for sending!

@996rick Loving the updates, site now looks tidy and works really nicely!

I wonder if there's scope to add some vintage styles into the mix, for classic road / race cars. I know the fonts never used to be standardised so there was always a lot of variation in the race numbers, but maybe there's a couple of fonts which give that classic 50's / 60's vibe without being too much of a tacky retro font style. Anybody got anything for that?

Latest Posts

Back