T&L racing - OPEN EVENTS

• Thread starter Marchbrown
  • 254 comments

Race time - wednesday race series - whats your choice?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
GTP_Marchbrown
Marchbrown
Thunder & Lightning race garage
All you need to know about T&L race events, invitationals and inter-forum races
click the race to get event info

No 7: T&L goes GTR
- Saturday 30.04.11 - 20.00 GMT

GT5 RACES BACK ON SCHEDULE!

The wednesday race:

No 14: the Tesla Roadster challenge
- Wednesday 25.05.11 - 20.00 GMT

No 15: GT5? GT1
- Wednesday 01.06.11

No 16: Touge Showdown
- Wednesday 08.06.11

No 17: Copycat killer
- Wednesday 15.06.11

No 18: Runes combo - coming soon
- Wednesday 22.06.11

No xx: Daytona 60
- Wednesday xx.xx.11

No xx: Whats in your garage 300 - 350
- Wednesday xx.xx.11

No xx: the New Sportscar eXperimental - NSX
- Wednesday xx.xx.11

The saturday race:

No 7: Graffens choice
- Saturday 28.05.11 - 21.00 GMT

No 8: the Italian Job
- Saturday 04.06.11 - 21.00 GMT

Results:

No 13: The Mean Cuisine Race Series
- Wednesday 20.04.11

No 6: In the air tonight
- Saturday 16.04.11 - 21.00 GMT

No 13: The good, the bad and the ugly
- Wednesday 13.04.11 - 20.00 GMT

Extra No 1: Around the world in six
- Saturday 09.04.11

No 12: Double Tin - Top Matchup
- Wednesday 07.04.11 - 19.00 GMT

No 5: Hare & the Tortoise
- Saturday 02.04.11 - 21.00 GMT

No 11: Coffee Break
- Wednesday 30.03.11 - 20.00 GMT

No 10: Shanghai Surprize - 21.00 GMT
- Wednesday 23.03.11

TRICKY DAY AT the MOUNTAIN
- Saturday 19.03.11 - 22.00 GMT

LEGENDS OF ARGANIL - MOVIE INSIDE
- Saturday 05.03.11 - 21.00 GMT

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

picture.php

NOT OPEN ATM - Team event series - TES:

Registration coming soon - please follow steps provided in this post:
Registration info
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

GT 500 series
coming soon

How to take part:
All events marked Open T&L event - simply post your name and event number/name in our thread to take part.
By the end of season the garage will recruit new members based on race results and attitude.

Thunder & Lightning Race Garage is the home of the Thunder and Lightning race team. We're all good friends who love racing, love Gran Turismo and love GTPlanet. Our goal is to race as fast and clean as we can, respecting all drivers on the track regardless of tag or origin. We organize race events that reflect the T&L vibe and the personalities that contribute to that vibe both as closed battles among the T&L members and as open competitions with a theme or a twist. We develop our own tunes and sometimes make them public. In the garage you will find information about the drivers, our competitions and our tunes.

Last edited by a moderator:
RESULTS 2011

PRE SEASON

STANDINGS - 14.04.11

Warren - 179 T&Ls
Jukka - 156 T&Ls
Jon - 134 T&Ls
Matthew - 108 T&Ls
Deano - 93 T&Ls
Matt - 89 T&Ls
Rune - 86 T&Ls
Bjørn - 74 T&Ls
Laurent - 64 T&Ls
Maz - 48 T&Ls
John (A) - 42 T&Ls
Mario - 34 T&Ls
John (UK) - 27 T&Ls
Rikard - 26 T&Ls
New soul - 25 T&Ls
Adam - 22 T&Ls
Fastas - 18 T&Ls
Bart - 16 T&Ls
Maff – 14 T&Ls
Kai - 13 T&Ls
spyrrari - 9 T&Ls
Adddictions- 9 T&Ls
DGiant - 8 T&Ls
Stig - 7 T&Ls
Eriba - 7 T&Ls
Arvore - 3 T&Ls
Mau5 - 3 T&Ls
Lars - 1 T&Ls

Updated 14.04.11

SATURDAY RACE NIGHTS

WEDNESDAY RACE NIGHTS

POINT SYSTEM
To stay a part or become a member of the Thunder & Lightning race team you will need T&L points.

The year is divided into two seasons and by the end of each season you will need the total of 50 T&L points to stay a part of the T&L team. Participants whos been taking part in open T&L events can join the team judged by point rankings and attitude.

Last edited:
Thunder & Lightning race garage

T&L Prospects

During spring session 2011 T&L will reqruit new teammembers. Participants whos been taking part in the open T&L events can join the team judged by point rankings and attitude. By now the following drivers will be invited into the T&L team:

Fingertsandthumbs - Matthew
GTP_Wayne -Lauren
Deano - Dean

Team members whos of different reasons hasnt been able to take part in the seson and therfore havent got enough T&L points will get the holliday ticket and become support members until the once again can take part in the activitys of the garage.

the crew

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
GTP_fairplay_plz [DE] (Division 1 Silver)

Hi mates! It´s a pleasure to be part of this great team. Ok, something about me: My first name is Kai and I'm from Germany. I love racing of nearly all kinds. I also love to ride motorcycles and watch every Moto GP race (I watch nearly every kind of motorsport)

Since I started driving with you guys in GTPlanet, I have got to know this game in a completely new way. Thanks a lot for some great racenights. I'm looking forward to some more to come. Regards

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
GTP_FLASH48 [US] (Division 2 Bronze)

My name is John. I live in Alaska, where it gets cold sometimes! The only racing I have done, is cross country snowmachine racing! Thats been a few years ago though. I still snowmachine with my sons, I can still keep up with them. I started the GT games with number 2. Prologue is the first racing game I have played online, and happy to be with THUNDER & LIGHTNING RACE TEAM!

GTP_Graffen [NO] (Division 2 Gold)

My name is Bjørn. I live in Trysil, Norway. My hobbies are MC/ skiing, all kinds of motorsport and gaming on PS2 and PS3. I have raced mostly WRC and Colin Dirt. I met Jon and Rune in Oslo at the GT academy national final, and they said that I should become a member of GTPlanet. So here I am. Thanks Jon and Rune - its a new gaming world for me.

74c1602a89ff5609f12585889dd246d1_2971.jpg

GTP_mr_geez [PL] (Division 2 Bronze)

Hey guys. My name is Maciek from Lodz, Poland. I've been racing in Gran Turismo since the beginning of the series (I feel like I'm, at an AA meeting at the moment). Hobbies: movies (a lot of!!), books (Brett Easton Ellis recently) , Miami Vice (call me Sonny Crockett) , sports (work related stuff and NFL, NBA, soccer) , racing (F1, super GT, Le Mans 24h , moto GP and few other series) & women (the one and only at the moment).

Extra info: I prefer Jack Daniels with 7up (77 connection) over anything else..
Let my racing do my talking..
cheers.

GTP_Hun [PT] (Division 2 Bronze)

My name is Mário, I'm 44 years old, I'm from Portugal and I live (and work) in Lisbon. Married and with children, I'd like to mention that one of my kids is 11 years old and is already a GT5P player. Recently using a GTP tag (GTP_madbigdog), I told him to run the new qualifier, so maybe one day he'll also be in the registry.

Other things: I'm a long time biker, ride my XJR everyday, rain or shine. And I'm a go-kart addict, every time I can I jump into some kart racing with friends. As in GT, there's always someone faster than me, but I usually get a podium finish.

While online I try to run clean and as fast as I'm able to. Usually I race late in the night. Meet you there!

GTP_JvM [FI] (Division 2 Gold)

My name is Jukka. I was born in 1986. I live in Helsinki, Finland, where I've lived my whole life. I have been playing GT from the first game. From then on there was no doubt that I would have every following game of the series. However, GT5:P was the first GT that I have played with a wheel, and oh boy it's a different game!
I'm also interested in many kinds of motorsports. F1 is the one that I follow the most. And of course, very interested in cars in general too.
When I joined in GTP I thought it was a really great place. But I would have never imagined being invited to a so nice and great a team as T&L, which this brilliant little group of people from around the world really is. Easily the best thing happened to me around here so far.

GTP Marchbrown [NO] (Division 1 Silver)

Jon is my name. I'm a family man with two lovely kids. They've just started their racing career and love to borrow dad's wheel. I've been playing the GT series from the start, and also like racing in real life. Mostly karting, but I also had a try in many other motorsports.

As I live in the high mountains of Norway I get a lot of sliding practice during the winter. So of course I'm into oversteery cars :lol:. My home town Geilo is a ski-resort so skiing, kiteing and flyfishing in our rivers is also a big part of my life. Winning isn't everything for me - I'd rather have a fair, fun and close battle on the track

08836ce325ba0e08dc89b3d7324119ad_3046.jpg
4320774f41f7867a56792269638f7b70_3047.jpg

Karting at stealthwinners birthday

GTP_Stealthwinnr [NO] (Division 1 Silver)

My name is Rune. I have been racing the GT series since GT2, and of course the different rally games over many years. At least the ones with a bit of realism in them, like the older Colin McRae games. Marchbrown and I have been driving these games together for many years now. I drive a truck in the summer and work in the ski resort in Geilo during the winter.

My racing experience is not that extensive, but I have tried some go-kart races with friends. I also try to use my motorcycle as much as I can during our short summers up here in the mountains. I would really like to take it to the track (hopefully next summer), just as I also want to try racing cars on track....

I enjoy racing a lot more than tuning, but I love the big reward when you get a car that works perfect on the track. Hope to race you all soon

43f1aa3e263b43d150f077f54828fe6a_3036.jpg
2577c73cbdc1ca9d12bfbc9013d02b75_3061.jpg

Me on my old bike. Me during wintertime with my board

GTP_PrudentBear [GB] (Division 1 Gold)

My name is John, 31 years old from Yorkshire in England. I studied maths at university, earn my living as a programmer and am currently living in Cheshire with my girlfriend.

Obviously I like cars or I wouldn't be hanging around in a place like this - I currently drive an EP3 Honda Civic Type R. It's a bit of a compromise but as an all rounder and in terms of bang for your buck, I can't fault it. Once I have a garage I intend to buy a banger for work and a proper sports car for the weekend. I prefer cars to motorbikes as my mode of transport but when it comes to watching racing I much prefer bikes and you will find me at the British round of the MotoGP as well as a couple of rounds of the British Superbike Championship (usually Oulton and Cadwell Park) and some road races at Oliver's Mount in Scarborough. I usually attend the Goodwood Revival each year which is simply a fantastic event. I'm a bit of a mountain biker too which is why I might not be online as much during the summer months.

I've been playing Gran Turismo since the first game and various other racing games before and since, starting back in the early 80s. I was lucky enough to get to the UK national final of the GT Academy competition last year where I finished 5th, narrowly missing out on a place at Silverstone.

It's been great racing you T&L guys and all the other GTPers up until now and I'm sure it will get even better when we finally have GT5.

GTP_Theewar [IE] (Division 2 Gold)

My name is Warren and I am the Irish side to the team[for now at least]. My background consists of jet-ski racing, a bit of karting and a lot of track days with both four and two wheels - but mostly on two wheels. I earn my living as a driving instructor. After spending 5 years driving trucks and seeing the lack of good drivers on the roads, I figured I could make a change and here I am. Anyway I sometimes create a good setup for a car, and every now and then I win races. Anything I can do to help anybody please feel free to ask me here.. Keep it lit and remember you have to go slow to go fast.

GTP_Tzayed [US] (Division 2 Bronze)

I am originally from Central New Jersey, about an hour from NYC. Since 2004 I have been living in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania at Lehigh University, about an hour north of Philadelphia and 1.5 hours west of NYC. I did my undergrad in a program called Integrated Business and Engineering, with a concentration in Mechanical Engineering, and I am currently getting my masters in Industrial Engineering, and I am also a teaching assistant in several entrepreneurial project courses.

My car history is: 2002 Honda CR-V, 2003 Mercedes ML 350, 2007 Honda Civic Si, 2004 VW R32, and currently a 2007 RS4 sedan. My father was a VW/Honda/MB dealer, and his father, his father, his father in law, and his father were all car dealers in New Jersey, going back to the 1910's. So cars have been a huge part of my life. If you are curious, I picked up the Audi during the recession, at a dealer inventory auction, with 15K miles, for less than half price. Haven't had nearly enough time to learn her capabilities, but I am learning fast.

For racing experience, I've done about 10 auto crosses with my R32, and two sessions of training in Formula Fords at Pocono Speedway. I'd be doing more track days now, but I'm not willing to use the Audi quite yet.

So..... there's my introduction. Hope you learned more about me! Can't wait for my first T&L event as a real T&L!

GTP_UK86ze [GB] (Division x )

GTP_Synwraith [GB] (Division 1 Bronze)

My name is Maz, I'm 29 and from London, England. However I was originally born in Iran but have spent over 20 years in the UK. I've been a follower of the Gran Turismo legacy from day one and played all main versions of the game to death. I am a huge motorsports fan, and a wannabe motorsports writer in addition to my current occupation as maths teacher and teacher trainer. I mistakenly fancied my own abilities at this game a bit too much until I discovered this forum and found out what the term 'expert' truly meant. GTPlanet is an exceptional community and I am proud to have earned my tag racing amongst the best around. I also love the Nordic/Irish/Germanic connection in this team as I'm a frequent visitor to Iceland and a fan of old Viking sagas. Movazebe Rad-o-Bargh baash, meaning "Beware of thunder and lightning" in my native language!

Achievements
Accolades, divisional promotions, WRS results and event race wins

Our Goals..
The T&L crew contains drivers of all ages and nationalities. The one thing in common is the sheer joy of racing. Establishing the T&L garage is inn recognition of GTPlanet - and what this society stands for. The T&L garage wishes to exploit the opportunities and take part in the development of this unique social group.

GTPlanet provides rules and regulations for the benefit of good racing. But it also creates a social environment for all the participants. This fact gets strengthened by establishing smaller social groups inside the forum. T&L racing garage will work in the spirit of togetherness among the team members, but also in the spirit of the GTP community.

Last edited:
T&L Race schedule

Saturday night races
Race start 21.00 GMT

Season 1: 01.01.11 - 01.06.11

Jan - The slide Ride Derby - Jon - 15.01.11
Jan - Wet pants wipe dust - Test session- Jon - 29.01.11
Feb - Wet pants wipe dust - Jon - 05.02.11
Mar - Legends of Arganil - Mario - 05.03.11
Mar - Tricky day at mountain - Jukka - 19.03.11
Apr - Team event series - Matt - 02.04.11
Apr - Team event series - Rune - 16.04.11
Apr - ........................ - Bjørn - 30.04.11
May - Team event series - Warren - 14.05.11
May - Team event series - Mat - 28.05.11
Jun - .......................... - Maz - 11.06.11
Jun - 24hrs team event series, NS - Jon - 25.06.11
Jun -........................... -Laurent

Season 2: 01.08.11 - 01.01.12

Aug ................. - Adam
Aug ............ - Jukka
Aug Team event series
Sep ............. - Mario
Sept Team event series
Sep ................ - Kai
Sept Team event series
Okt ................ - Matt
Okt Team event series
Okt ................ - Mat
Okt Team event series
Nov ................. - John
Nov ................. - Bjørn
Des ................. - Warren
Des ................. - Rune
Des ................... - Jon

Wednesday night racecs
Race start 21.00 GMT

What could be an interesting battle? Who is the better driver? - OR - Whats sliding all about? How could I make this thing go faster?
Race wednesdays is all about sharing and giving. T&L members give it your twist - and let your fellow crew take part. Its open mic racing.

Jon - race 5, 12,

Warren race 6, 14

Matt race 7, 16

Bjørn race 8, 17

Rune race 9, 18

Jukka race 10, 19

John race 15, 21

Matthew 13, 22

Maz 11, 23

Laurent

Point system
To stay a part or become a member of the Thunder & Lightning race team you will need T&L points.

The year is divided into two seasons and by the end of each season you will need the total of 50 T&L points to stay a part of the T&L team. Participants whos been taking part in open T&L events can join the team judged by point rankings and attitude.

T&L handicap - coming soon.

Time from quali sessions decides what tire you can use in race. Its a free choice to upgrade tires with a weak quali time.

More comming............

Last edited:
the SLIDE RIDE DERBY
- the battle that never happened - Saturday 15.01.11

picture.php

XJ13 Race car ´66
524* Bhp/7500rpm - 998kg - MR

The development of the XJ13, although treated seriously by the designers, was never a priority for company management (despite assistant MD Lofty England's Le Mans success in the 1950s), and became less so following the 1966 merger with BMC. By that time Ford had developed the 7.0 litre GT40, and so the XJ13 was considered obsolete by the time the prototype was complete. The prototype was tested at MIRA and at Silverstone, which confirmed that it would have required considerable development to make it competitive. The prototype was put into storage and no further examples were made. Only one was ever produced. The car has not been officially valued, but a £7 million ($11 million) bid for it was declined by the owners in 1996.[1]

GT40 Race car ´67
502* bhp/6500rpm - 998kg - MR

The car was named the GT (for Grand Touring) with the 40 representing its overall height of 40 inches (1.02 m, measured at the windshield) as required by the rules.
The Ford GT40 was a high performance sports car and winner of the 24 hours of Le Mans four times in a row, from 1966 to 1969 (in 1967 with a different body, though). It is so far the only car, built by an American company, to win overall at this prestigious event. It was built to win long-distance sports car races against Ferrari (who won at Le Mans six times in a row from 1960 to 1965).

The idea of a mid-engined prototype was first mooted in 1960, but it was not until 1965 that construction began, with the first car running by March 1966. The aluminium body was designed by Malcolm Sayer, the aerodynamicist responsible for the Jaguar C-type, D-type, E-type and XJS, who used his Bristol Aeroplane Company background to build it using techniques borrowed from the aircraft industry.
The XJ13 had mid-engine format with the 5.0 litre V12 engine mounted behind the driver, used as a stressed chassis member together with the five-speed manual ZF Transaxle driving the rear wheels.

Mark IV Race car ´67
513* bhp/6500rpm - 1000kg - MR

Early cars were simply named "Ford GT". The name "GT40" was the name of Ford's project to prepare the cars for the international endurance racing circuit, and the quest to win the 24 Hours of Le Mans. The first 12 "prototype" vehicles carried serial numbers GT-101 through GT-112. The "production" began and the subsequent cars, the MkI, MkIIs, MkIIIs, and MkIVs, numbered GT40P/1000 through GT40P/1145, were officially "GT40s". The name of Ford's project, and the serial numbers dispel the story that "GT40" was "only a nickname."

http://www.streetfire.net/video/ford-gt40-1967-lemans-win_76598.htm

Time: Saturday 15.01.11 at 21:00 GMT
Track: Nordscleife 05.00
Weather: You'll never know until raceday

Start time: 20:30 GMT (qualifying)
Duration: 8 laps ~ roughly 1 hr 15 minutes of driving + qualifying
Pitstops: 1 mandatory pitstop required between laps 2 & 7
Cars: Jaguar XJ13 VS Ford GT40 VS Ford Mark IV
Tires: Racing hard

* BHP is set after making oil change
* NO AIDS X ABS 1 *
* NO PARTS FROM TUNING SHOP *

PARTICIPANTS

Flash48 AKA John: Jaguar XJ13
JvM AKA Jukka: Ford GT40
Hun200kmh AKA Mario : Ford GT40
Marchbrown AKA Jon: XJ13 in Norwegian pink or GT40 in overdrive
Graffen AKA Bjørn: XJ13
Uk86ze AKA Matt: XJ13
Theewar AKA Warren: XJ13 in Irish green
Mr_Gees AKA Mac: XJ13
Stealthwinner: XJ13
Fair play please AKA Kai: GT40

WAITING FOR CONFIRMATION

Prudentbear
Tzayad
Jjasli - nope gonna be a family man not a racer saturday
Synwraith
Aldo

RESULTS and RACE POINTS

The T&L 2011 season has just started and the first of hopefully manny T&L events are just around the corner. And for some points is the ultimate answer in life. In the name of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy the answer is already set - its 42 but - we do it serious. This is the points from the norwegian jury:

1st - JUKKA 16 T&Ls
2nd - WARREN 15 T&Ls
3rd - JON 14 T&Ls
4th - RUNE 13 T&Ls
5th - JOHN 12 T&Ls
6th - MARIO 11 T&Ls
7th - MATT 10 T&Ls
8th - KAI 9 T&Ls

BJØRN - 0 T&Ls
ALDO - 0 T&Ls

Points can be claimed after race 1: The slide ride derby

THE AFTER MATCH RACE

Saturday 15.01.11
Start time aprox: 22:30 GMT (qualifying 10 min)
Duration: 7 laps ~ roughly 25 minutes of driving + qualifying*
Pitstops: 1 mandatory pitstop required between laps 2 & 6
Cars: Jaguar XJ13 VS Ford GT40 VS Ford Mark IV
Tires: Racing hard

* Its a guess and nothing else

- BHP is set after making oil change
- NO AIDS X ABS 1 *
- NO PARTS FROM TUNING SHOP *

RESULTS

1st Warren
2nd Rune
3rd Jon
4th Kai

NEXT IN LINE - RACE WEDNESDAY

Time: wednesday 19.01.11 at 20:00 GMT - 1 hour qualifying
Track: MC or AR version ........
Weather: Sunny only

Duration: 4 laps ~ roughly ....hr ...... minutes of driving + qualifying
Pitstops: 1 mandatory pitstop required between laps 2 & 3
Cars: BMW 2002 Turbo vs Golf I GTI vs Lancia Stratos road version
Tires: Sport

* 200 BHP LIMIT
* NO AIDS X ABS 1
* ENGINE PARTS FROM TUNING SHOP OK UNTIL BHP LIMIT 200

According to Top Gear's highly spurious and questionable scientific knowledge, playing car racing games for hours makes you an 88 per cent better human being. And a better driver.

Last edited:
Thanks for the invite Jon:) I still wait for my ps3 to return from repair:( It has gone 2 weeks now so i hope pick it up before the race. If i cant make it then i wish you guys a good race! :) Take care EDIT, I read wrong, thought race was on saturday, its a very slim chance i can join tomorrow:(

Last edited:
Wet pants Wipe dust
- 24 hrs in 85 min - Saturday 05.02.11

OPEN T&L EVENT

"This is the plan: maximum of 8 teams, making 16 players. In each team, the same car must be used. But the team cannot have the two cars simultaneously on track, so the race effectively evolves as a 8 cars-race.

According to the latest testing done, the plan is that, since all cars are put in the grid to start the race, the first race-lap will work as an installation lap. By the end of this lap, each teams driver #1 will proceede in Race-Mode to the start-finish straight, while all Drivers #2 make a 2nd installation lap that ends in the pits, and will press start (after the cars are serviced) effectively pausing their game. And they are only allowed to leave when the driver #1 enters the pits and stops in front of driver #2. And that's how the race unfolds until the end, with one car per team doing the racing, and the other in waiting mode."
Short story by GTP_Hun

TEST DAY 29.01.11
Start time: 21:00 GMT (race)
Duration: 24 laps ~ roughly 85 min of driving + qualifying
Raceteam: 2 drivers - 24 laps roughly 10 min stints

picture.php

RACE TIME

SATURDAY 05.02.11 at 21:00 GMT
Track: Circuit de la Sarthe - time: 16.00
Weather: You'll never know until raceday

PRE QUALI
Start time: 20:30 GMT ends with 1 lap race.
End time: 21:00 GMT All drivers leave track, enter race lobby

RACE MEETING
21:00 GMT In lobby enter: Watch race

QUALI
Start time: 21:10 GMT qualifying team's 1st driver
Only team's 1st driver can attend to qualifying

RACE
Start time: 21:30 GMT (race)
Pitstops: 4 mandatory pitstops required between laps 3 & 21*
Cars:
Mazda 787B Le mans 91
Sauber Mercedes C9 Le mans 89
Jaguar XJR-9 Le mans 88
Nissan R89C 89
Nissan R92CP 92
Toyota Minolta 88C-V 89
Peugeot 905 Le mans 92
Jaguar XJR9

* Tires: Racing hard
* BHP is set after making oil change
* NO AIDS X ABS 1 *
* NO PARTS FROM TUNING SHOP *

RULES

Raceteam
To take part in the race you'll need to team up with at least 2 drivers.
All drivers need to drive 4 stints - 3 laps - each. (see pit lane rules)
Team will have to use same type of car
Drivers whos not on the track will pause the game in pit lane.

To take part in the race the team will have to post:
Team name: Race team Orca
Driver 1: Mukka Hirvonen
Driver 2: Pekka Mekkanen
Car: Minolta 88C-V

Pre qualifying 20:30 - 21:00 GMT
30 min of track and car testing for all race teams and all drivers.
All cars and drivers allowed at track.
Make sure to adjust track map according to race rules in the pre qualifying period
Test day ends in a 1 lap race.

Race meeting 21:00
All participants enter watch race from lobby. Race admin Marchbrown will drive 1 lap and go through race information and race rules.

Qualifying 21:10 - 21:30
Team's 1st driver have 15 min to do the team´s qualification time.
Team's 2nd driver stay in lobby.
Quali ends at 21.20 GMT

Race 20:25
Team's 2nd driver enter track by using: Go to track in lobby
Do not go to track to run qualification

Race start - running start
1 lap installation all drivers (1st and 2nd driver)
2 laps installation 2nd driver
At race start all cars leaves in formation - keep pace down 200 km/h (125 mph) limit
Make sure to keep your grid position
Team's 2nd driver enter pit lane after near completing 2nd lap
Team's 1st driver - start race when leaving Ford chicane - last corner before start/finnish line
Team´s 1st driver makes 3 laps before entering pits

Race start - driver 1
Only team's 1st driver takes part in race start.
Driver will go to pit at end of lap 4.

Race start - driver 2
Team's 2nd driver enter pit lane at the end of 2nd lap
In pit - pause your game by hitting start button on the controller.

Changing driver 1 & 2
Team's 1st driver enter pit at the end of lap 4, 7, 10 and 13
Entering pit, game switch to pit menu - hit OK - then driver hit the controller - start button - to pause the game.
When team's 1st driver parks, full stop, in his pit lane position - team's 2nd driver is allowed to hit controllers X button or throttle to continue out on track.

Changing driver 2 & 1
Team's 2nd driver enter pit at the end of lap 2, 5, 8, 11.
Entering pit game switch to pit menu- hit OK then driver hit the controller start button to pause the game.
When team's 2nd driver parks, full stop, in his pit lane position - team's 1st driver is allowed to hit controllers X button or throttle to continue out on track.
1st driver enters pit in his 3rd lap.

Track map - pit lane rules

If you can see the car in front of you in pit lane
You´re allowed to leave pit when your team drivers car makes a full stop and pit crew starts to work on car.

If you cant see car in front of you - use track map
Change track map view to 2 - 4 and make sure you can see your team drivers pit position.
Drivers waiting in pit lane when in race can easily watch cars entering pit lane.
Car will enter and make a turn into pit position - make sure you got the track map set at zoom 2 - 4
When car makes a full stop on track map you are allowed to leave pit and start your race
Race video or race stuart can easily show if pit lane rules are followed.
Make sure you know the pit lane position of your team cars

Laps
In each stint driver needs to be in his 3rd lap before entering pit.

Lap 1: All drivers
Lap 2 - 3: team driver 1 - pit at end of lap 4
Lap 4 - 6: team driver 2 - pit at end of lap 5
Lap 7 - 9: team driver 1 - pit at end of lap 7
Lap 10 - 12: Team driver 2 - pit at end of lap 8
Lap 13 - 15: team driver 1 - pit at end of lap 10
Lap 16 - 18: team driver 2 - pit at end of lap 11
Lap 19 - 21: team driver 1 - pit at end of lap 13 - Driver may leave race and watch race from lobby
Lap 22 - 24: Team driver 2 - race finnish lap 14

Headset
Please use your headset if you got one.

THE STORY

THE TRACK

The circuit on which the 24 Hours of Le Mans is run is named the Circuit de la Sarthe (Circuit of the Sarthe), after the department that Le Mans is within. It consists of both permanent track and public roads that are temporarily closed for the race. Since 1923 the track has been extensively modified, mostly for safety reasons, and currently is 13.629 km in length. Although it initially entered the town of Le Mans, the track was cut short in order to better protect spectators. This led to the creation of the Dunlop Curve and Tertre Rouge corners before rejoining the old circuit on the Mulsanne. Another major change was on the Mulsanne itself, when the FIA decreed that it would no longer sanction any circuit that had a straight longer than 2 km. This led to the addition of two chicanes, reducing the time that the cars spent travelling at very high speeds on the old 5 km long straight.

The public sections of the track differ from the permanent circuit, especially in comparison to the Bugatti Circuit which is inside the Circuit de la Sarthe. Due to heavy traffic in the area, the public roads are not as smooth or well kept. They also offer less grip because of the lack of soft tyre rubber laid down from racing cars, though this only affects the first few laps of the race. The roads are closed only within a few hours of the practice sessions and the race, before being opened again almost as soon as the race is finished. Workers have to assemble and dismantle safety barriers every year for the public sections.

The 24 Hours of Le Mans was first run on 26 and 27 May 1923, through public roads around Le Mans. Originally planned to be a three year event awarded the Rudge Whitworth Triennial Cup, with a winner being declared by the car which could go the farthest distance over three consecutive 24 Hour races, this idea was abandoned in 1928 and overall winners were declared for each single year depending on who covered the farthest distance by the time 24 hours were up. Innovations in car design began appearing at the track in the late 1930s, with Bugatti and Alfa Romeo running highly aerodynamic bodywork in order to run down the Mulsannes Straight at faster speeds.

Originally, the race results were determined by distance. The car which covered the greatest distance was declared the winner. This is known to have caught out the Ford team in 1966. With a dominant 1–2 lead, the two cars slowed to allow for a photo opportunity at the finish line. However, since McLaren's car had actually started much farther back on the grid McLaren's car had actually covered the greatest distance over the 24 hours. With the margin of victory determined to be eight metres, McLaren and his co-driver, Chris Amon, were declared the winners. The greatest distance rule was later changed when a rolling start was introduced, and instead the winner is now the car that has completed the greatest number of laps.

A test day was also usually held prior to the event, traditionally at the end of April or beginning of May. These test days served as a pre-qualification for the event, with the slowest cars not being allowed to appear again at the proper qualifying.

Originally, there were no rules on the number of drivers of a car, or how long they could drive. Although almost all teams used two drivers in the early decades, some Le Mans drivers such as Pierre Levegh and Eddie Hall attempted to run the race solo, hoping to save time by not having to change drivers. This practice was later banned. Until the 1980s, there were teams in which only two drivers competed, but by the end of the decade the rules were changed to stipulate that at least three drivers must drive each car.

THE CARS

Mazda 787B Le mans 91 - /820kg
Although the 787 and 787B lacked the single lap pace of World Championship competitors such as Mercedes-Benz, Jaguar, and Porsche, as well Japanese Championship competitors Nissan and Toyota, the Mazdas had reliability which allowed them to contend for their respective championships. The reliability of the cars eventually paid off in 1991 when a 787B driven by Johnny Herbert, Volker Weidler, and Bertrand Gachot went on to victory in the 1991 24 Hours of Le Mans. This remains as of 2010 the only victory by a Japanese marque as well as the only victory by a car not using a reciprocating engine design.

Sauber Mercedes C9 Le mans 89 - 963bhp/ 893kg
The Sauber C9 was a Group C prototype race car introduced in 1987 as a continuation of the partnership between Sauber as a constructor and Mercedes-Benz as an engine builder for the World Sportscar Championship. The C9 replaced the previous Sauber C8. For its debut season in 1987 the team managed a mere twelfth in the teams standings, scoring points in only a single round. For 1988 they managed to finish second in the championship behind Silk Cut Jaguar with five wins for the season. Unfortunately at the 24 Hours of Le Mans, the team suffered an embarrassing setback when they were forced to withdraw due to concern over their Michelin tires.

Finally, in 1989, the car was able to achieve great success. The older M117 5.0L turbocharged V8 engine was upgraded to the M119, which replaced steel heads with new aluminium. The C9 was able to win all but one race in the 1989 season, including the 24 Hours of Le Mans. During qualifying for Le Mans, the C9 recorded a speed of 247 mph (398 km/h) on the Mulsanne Straight, a record. Mercedes driver Jean-Louis Schlesser would end up taking the driver's championship that season.

Jaguar XJR-9 Le mans 88 - 947bhp /894 kg
An evolution of the design for the XJR-8, the XJR-9 was yet again designed by Tony Southgate and built by Tom Walkinshaw Racing (TWR), and featured a Jaguar 7.0-litre V12 based on the production 5.3-litre engine used in the Jaguar XJS road car. A variant of the XJR-9, the XJR-9LM, would be developed specifically for the 24 Hours of Le Mans grabbing the 1st in the race. where the requirement for high straight line speeds on the Mulsanne straight necessitated a low-drag aerodynamic package.

Nissan R89C 89 -
In the 1989 World Sportscar Championship season, Nissan struggled to find not only reliability, but also pace from the new chassis and engine. With this, the R89C was only able to score points in three races, but was able to finish the season fifth in the team's championship. In the All Japan Sports Prototype Championship, the R89C suffered the same fate, unable to compete with its developed Porsche and Toyota opponents, leaving Nissan to finish the season third in the championship. Meanwhile, at the 24 Hours of Le Mans, three R89Cs were entered into the race. However, all three failed to finish the race due to mechanical problems.

Nissan R92CP 92 - 973bhp/ 900kg
For 1991, Nissan officially withdrew from the World Sportscar Championship. However Nismo planned to continue competition in the All Japan Sports Prototype Championship, and decided to upgrade the R90CPs to better compete with Toyota and Mazda. The new cars, known as R91CP, would have slight modifications over the previous car. Most notably, the boxy turbo inlets which had been placed on the rear fenders of the R90CP were made into smaller slits, while a large snorkel was added to the top of the engine cover to better feed the engine. The cars would be further modified for 1992 with an upgraded VRH35Z twin-turbo V8, while the cars were renamed R92CP.

Toyota Minolta 88C-V 89 - /
The Toyota 88C is a racing car entered by Toyota from 1988 to 1989. It is the successor to the Toyota 87C and the predecessor to the Toyota 89C-V. Like other Toyota-powered sports prototypes of the era it was designed and built by Dome. The Toyota 88C-V is a slightly modified version of the 88C, adapted to fit Toyota's R32V 3.2 L (200 cu in) turbocharged V8 engine, instead of the 88C's standard turbocharged Inline-4.

The first two 88Cs made their debut at the 1988 24 Hours of Le Mans, entered by Tom's Team Toyota. Both cars completed the event with the car of drivers Geoff Lees, Masanori Sekiya, and Kaoru Hoshino finishing in 12th, while the second car was 24th. Toyota returned to Le Mans in 1989 with one 88C[2] joining two newer 89C-Vs. None of the three cars finished the race.

Peugeot 905 Le mans 92 - 845bhp / 750kg
The car made its racing debut in the final few races of the 1990 FIA World Sportscar Championship with Jabouille and Keke Rosberg sharing the wheel. The 905 began its first full season in Sportscar racing by participating in the 1991 championship. Although the car was quicker than the 1990 version, the car was a lot slower than the standard-setting Jaguar XJR-14 - a car that was able to match the lap times of most contemporary F1 cars. At the 1991 24 Hours of Le Mans, both cars entered did not last past the four hour mark.

To counter Jaguar in the remaining races of the championship the 905 was heavily revised, primarily in aerodynamics. Carrying over only the cockpit of the previous car, the evolutionary 905B was created. In 1992, the 905B became one of only two factory efforts involved in the 1992 World Sportscar Championship season alongside Toyota, who were competing in their first season to the 3.5 litre regulations using the TS010. This meant that only the 1992 24 Hours of Le Mans showed a strong competition among the Group C cars. The 905B was successful, bringing 2 of the team's 3 cars home in 1st and 3rd places.

PARTICIPANTS

Team name: Vodka on the rocks
Car: Sauber C9
Driver 1: Jukka
Driver 2: Jon

Team name: Mahmoods on the run
Car: Minolta 88C-V
Driver 1: Matt
Driver 2: Warren

Team name: Norwegian pride
Car:
Driver 1: Bjørn
Driver 2: Rune

Team name: Team GB
Car: Mazda 787B w turbo stage 1
Driver 1: Mat aka FINDERSANDTHUMBS
Driver 2: Dean aka DEANO 33

Team name: Test day glory - team #4
Driver 1: John
Driver 2: Mario

WAITING FOR CONFIRMATION

Kai
Mac
John (P)
Adam

RACE POINTS - RESULTS

The T&L 2011 season has just started and the first of hopefully manny T&L events just got started. And for some points is the ultimate answer in life. In the name of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy the answer is already set - its 42 but - we do it serious. This is the points from the norwegian jury:

1st - Team Vodka on the rocks - 24 T&Ls
2nd - Team Mahmoods on the run - 22 T&Ls
3rd - Team GB - 20 T&Ls
4th - Team Nordic pride - 18 T&Ls
5th - 16 T&Ls
6th - 14 T&Ls
7th - 12 T&Ls
8th - 10 T&Ls

Results Test day 29.01.11
A test day was also usually held prior to the event, traditionally at the end of April or beginning of May. These test days served as a pre-qualification for the event, with the slowest cars not being allowed to appear again at the proper qualifying.

At end of WPWD Test day it was clear that the entery for car number # 4, Test day Glory, with Mario and John in the driver seats was to slow and it will not take part in the proper qualifying. True story is ofc that real life situation makes it hard for the Test day Glory team to take part next saturday night.

Connection issues
To maximize everybody´s chance of having a trouble free connection please enter game options and clear your cache, then quit the game, restart the PS3 and reload the game before entering race lobby.

If somebody is booted from the lobby, We're sorry for the bad luck. Please try to come back in and rejoin if only to watch the race.

If more than 50% of the lobby is booted during race the race will be stopped.

NEXT IN LINE - RACE WEDNESDAY

Time: wednesday xx.02.11 at 20:00 GMT - 1 hour qualifying
Track: xxxxxxxx ........

Duration: x laps ~ roughly ....hr ...... minutes of driving + qualifying
Pitstops: 1 mandatory pitstop required between laps x & x
Cars: xxxx
Tires: Sport

* xxx BHP LIMIT
* NO AIDS X ABS 1
* ENGINE PARTS FROM TUNING SHOP OK UNTIL BHP LIMIT 200

According to Top Gear's highly spurious and questionable scientific knowledge, playing car racing games for hours makes you an 88 per cent better human being. And a better driver.

mph to kmh

Last edited:

RACE WEDNESDAY No 1 - talking money

OPEN T&L EVENT

picture.php

Time: wednesday 19.01.11 at 20:00 GMT - 30 min qualifying
Track: Monaco - cote d'azur
Race admin: Marchbrown

Duration: 30 laps ~ roughly 60 minutes of driving + qualifying
Pitstops: 1 mandatory pitstop required between laps 2 & 29

Post your name and car choice to take part in the race.

ATTENTION

Cars and restrictions:

Lancia Stratos 73 road version
Bhp limit 189 (no parts only oil change)
Tires: Sport Hard

BMW 2002 Turbo 73
Bhp limit: 210
Weight : 962 ( weightreduction stage 2 + windows)

Golf I GTI 76
Bhp limit 210+ ( all parts included turbo stage 3)

* NO AIDS X ABS 1
* NO AERO, SPRINGS, DRIVELINE MODIFICATION
* Slowest first

THE STORY

The Track
The port of Monaco is first mentioned in historical records as early as 43 BC, when Julius Caesar concentrated his fleet there while waiting in vain for Pompey. In the 12th century, the area fell under the sovereignty of Genoa, which was granted the entire coastline from Porto Venere to Monaco. After much conflict, the Grimaldis regained the rock in 1295, but suffered a significant amount of opposition in the ensuing years. In 1506 the Monegasques, under Lucien, Lord of Monaco, were under siege for some four months by the Genoan army, which had ten times the number of men. Monaco officially received full autonomy in 1524, but experienced difficulty retaining power, and on occasions briefly fell under the domination of Spain, Sardinia, and France.

Circuit de Monaco is a street circuit laid out on the city streets of Monte Carlo and La Condamine around the harbour of the principality of Monaco. It is commonly referred to as "Monte Carlo" because it is largely inside the Monte Carlo neighbourhood of Monaco. The circuit is used on one weekend in the month of May of each year to host the Formula One Monaco Grand Prix.

The idea for a Grand Prix race around the streets of Monaco came from Anthony Noghès, the president of the Monegasque car club and close friend of the ruling Grimaldi family. The inaugural race was held in 1929 and was won by William Grover-Williams in a Bugatti.

The building of the circuit takes six weeks, and the removal after the race another three weeks. The race circuit has many elevation shifts, tight corners, and a narrow course that make it perhaps the most demanding track in Formula One racing. Despite the fact that the course has changed many times during its history, it is still considered the ultimate test of driving skills in Formula One. It contains both the slowest corner in Formula One (the Loews hairpin, taken at just 50 km/h (31 mph)) and one of the quickest (the flat out kink in the tunnel, three turns beyond the hairpin, taken at 260 km/h (160 mph)).

Due to the tight and twisty nature of the circuit, it favours the skill of the drivers over the power of the cars.

However, there is very little overtaking as the course is so narrow and dangerous. Nelson Piquet likened racing round the course to "riding a bicycle round your living room". Prior to 1987, the number of cars starting the race was limited to 20, compared to 26 at other circuits. The famous tunnel section (running under the Fairmont Hotel, marked in grey in the circuit diagram above) is said to be difficult for drivers to cope with due to the quick switch from light to dark, then back to light again, at one of the fastest points of the course. As a result, race outcomes tend to be decided by grid positions as well as pit strategies.

BMW 2002 Turbo
The BMW New Class was a line of compact sedans and coupes produced by German automaker BMW starting with the 1962 1500 and continuing through the last 2002s in 1977. Powered by BMW's celebrated four-cylinder M10 engine, the New Class models featured a fully independent suspension, MacPherson struts in front, and front disc brakes. Initially a family of four-door sedans and two-door coupes, the New Class line was broadened to two-door sports sedans with the addition of the 02 Series 1600 and 2002 in 1966.

Sharing little in common with the rest of the line beyond the power train, the sporty siblings caught auto enthusiasts' attention and established BMW as an international brand. Precursors to the famed BMW 3 Series, the two-doors' success cemented the firm's future as an upper tier performance car maker.

Golf I GTI
Like its predecessor the Volkswagen Beetle, the Volkswagen Golf Mk1 has proven to be influential. In continuous production since 1974, the Golf was one of the first widely successful front-wheel drive hatchbacks. In the USA, the Morris Mini, Honda N360 and Fiat 128 saw only limited success, but it was the Rabbit, along with the Honda Civic that sparked another generation of European-derived front-wheel drive American compacts, such as the Dodge Omni, Escort and Cavalier in the 1980s, just as the Beetle inspired Falcon and Corvair in 1960s and subcompact Vega and Pinto in the 1970s.

Lancia Stratos
The Lancia Stratos HF, widely and more simply known as Lancia Stratos, is a car made by Italian car manufacturer Lancia. The HF stands for High Fidelity. It was a very successful rally car, winning the World Rally Championship in 1974, 1975, and 1976 and is btw the absolute dream garage car of the fearless leader of T&L. The Stratos was a very successful rally car during the 1970s and early 1980s. It started a new era in rallying as it was the first car designed from scratch for this kind of competition. The body was wedge-shaped, and unusually short and wide, providing maximum traction. Lancia did extensive testing with the Stratos and raced the car in several racing events where Group 5 prototypes were allowed during the 1972 and 1973 seasons. Production of the 500 cars required for homologation in Group 4 commenced in 1973 and the Stratos was homologated for the 1974 World Rally Championship.

RESULTS
1st - Warren - 8 T&Ls
2nd - Jon - 7 T&Ls
3rd - Matt - 6 T&Ls
4th - John - 5 T&Ls
5th - Kai - 4 T&Ls

Last edited:

RACE WEDNESDAY No 2 - walking on sunshine

OPEN T&L EVENT

picture.php

Time: wednesday 26.01.11 at 20:00 GMT - 30 min qualifying
Track: Circuito de Madrid
Race admin: Theewar

Duration: 40 laps ~ roughly xx minutes of driving + qualifying
Pitstops: 1 mandatory pitstop required between laps 16 & 39

Post your name to take part in the race.

CAR SPECIFICATIONS

Volvo c30R-design'09
Bhp limit: 350
Weight : xxxxx (window and bonnet)
Tyres: Race medium

Modification:
engine= sports ECU+sports intake+sports manifold+sports air filter+catalytic converter+stage one turbo aprox 345 bhp + oil change.
Drive train=twin plate+semi racing
Suspension=fixed sports kit
Aero parts allowed
5 speed close ratio gearbox
Drive=FF

* NO AIDS - ABS 0

THE STORY

The Track
I don’t recommend you drive anywhere within Madrid city limits. As Rodney Dangerfield would put it, "it’s a jungle out there." But, if you’ve got to do it, at least make sure you’ve got some protection around you inside the car. Because if you’re considering getting a motorcycle, I think you’re either out of your mind or you haven’t seen how the locals drive yet. Volvo is known to be one of the safest cars. What could be a better way to exploit the streets of Madrid but in a Swedish C30?

Volvo C30R
In recent years, Volvo has produced some really stylish cars – and the C30 is one of them. Now, the firm wants to offer a bit more visual punch, and this R-Design model strikes the right balance between aggression and style, with a subtle but sporty look. However, it’s not cheap – at least in the form of our car – and, as ever, packaging could be better too. So buyers had better be prepared to put style ahead of substance. But how would pretty looks turn out when you put some parts from a tuning shop on the car?

Read more: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/firstdrives/213354/volvo_c30.html#ixzz1Bo0hNPE0

PARTICIPANTS

Matt
Jon
John
Jukka
Bjørn

RESULTS

1st Jukka 8 T&Ls
2nd Bjørn 7 T&Ls
3rd John 6 T&Ls
4th Jon 5 T&Ls
5th Matt 4 T&Ls

Last edited:
Could you put my name down for the wet pants race but I have not teamed up with anyone as yet.

Last edited:

RACE WEDNESDAY No 3 - Finlandia on your toes

OPEN T&L EVENT

picture.php

Time: wednesday 02.02.11 at 20:00 GMT - 30 min qualifying
Track: Deep Forest Reverse
Race admin: JvM

Duration: 19 laps ~ roughly xx minutes of driving + qualifying
Pitstops: 1 mandatory pitstop required between laps 5 & 15

CAR SPECIFICATIONS

ARTA Garaiya
Bhp limit: 341
Weight : 1175 kg
Tyres: Sports Soft

Modification:
* NO MODIFICATION PARTS
* NO AIDS - ABS 1

THE STORY

The Track
The track is set back upon a forest setting which is mixed with an asortment of mountains to make it a trick traverse. A complicated course it has two sections which challenge drivers abilities. The first section leads up to the start of the second set of tunnels. A tricky, slalom course which is very hard to stay on in wet conditions.
The second section offers something different with two tricky tunnels that seem to approach you from no-where. After these tunnels the course evens out and ends in a flat, straight race to the finish.
picture.php

ARTA Garaiya
GT300 cars are much more regulated than their GT500 counterparts, and much more closely resemble road-going versions. Chassis clips and realignments are not allowed (except the latter in the case of front-wheel drive cars), which results in a much more affordable racing experience for privateers. While engine outputs and modifications are at a lower level than the GT500 cars, the GT300 cars still post competitive times and races are very competitive.

If you haven’t seen or heard of this car before, don’t worry; you’re not alone. Only sold in Japan, the ASL Garaiya is, metaphorically, what would happen if Pep Boys sold its own car.

ASL stands for Autobacs Sports Car Laboratory, the automobile manufacturing arm of Super Autobacs. Super Autobacs made a brief foray into the US market here in California but is best known as Japan’s largest parts retailer and repair shop chain. Quite similar in principle to Pep Boys, Super Autobacs locations can be found all over urban areas such as Tokyo, Japan.

In the early 2000s, Autobacs, already a producer of self-branded maintenance items, decided that it would go to the next level and produce its own entire vehicle. Working in conjunction with tuner Tommy Kaira, Autobacs created a lightweight, four-cylinder sports car that looked like an alien crossed with a mid-1990s Italian supercar.
With its hardcore sporty nature and low power / low weight design, the Garaiya drew comparisons to kit cars, the Lotus Elise, and Caterhams. And, despite the fact that probably nobody bought this car, Autobacs raced it for years in the JGTC series.

The JGTC version bore little resemblance to the production ASL Garaiya. Fit into the GT300 class, the #43 Garaiya was raced with the fan favorite Autobacs Racing Team Aguri (ARTA) squad. Like all JGTC cars, the Garaiya used a carbon fiber body shell, heavily modified suspension, brakes, and a different engine. Only the floorpan remained from the factory. From there, the Garaiya was given a full roll cage, half tube body, and then fit with custom carbon fiber aerodynamics.
A modified Nissan VQ35DE V6 engine was fit into the mid-engine Garaiya, producing just around 300hp and 40kg/m while breathing through two 26.4mm air restrictors. A Hewland six-speed sequential transmission was used in place of the Nissan six-speed. The brakes were also similarly upgraded to massive AP Racing monoblock units, while BF Goodrich slicks and 18×10.5/18×11 RAYS Engineering

PARTICIPANTS

Jukka
Jon (?)
Rune

RESULTS

1st Jukka 8 T&Ls
2nd Warren 7 T&Ls
3rd Bjørn 6 T&Ls
4th Rune 5 T&Ls

Last edited:

RACE WEDNESDAY No 4 - Monzansa GT300

OPEN T&L EVENT

picture.php

Time: wednesday 09.02.11 at 20:00 GMT - 30 min qualifying
Track: Monza
Race admin: Flash48

Duration: 40 laps ~ roughly xx minutes of driving + qualifying
Pitstops: 1 mandatory pitstop required between laps 5 & 39

CAR SPECIFICATIONS

Cusco Subaru '08
Bhp limit: 335
Weight : 1100 kg
Tyres: Race hard

Modification:
* NO MODIFICATIONS
* NO AIDS - ABS 1

THE STORY

The Track
The first track was built from May to July 1922, financed by the Milan Automobile Club – which created the Società Incremento Automobilismo e Sport (SIAS) (English: Automobile Sport and Encouragement Company) to run the track. The initial form was a 3.4 square kilometres site with 10 kilometres of macadamised road – comprising a 4.5 kilometres loop track, and a 5.5 kilometres road track. The track was officially opened on 3 September 1922, with the maiden race the second Italian Grand Prix held on 10 September 1922.

In 1928, the most serious Italian racing accident to date ended in the death of driver Emilio Materassi and 27 spectators at that year's Grand Prix. The accident led to further Grand Prix races confinement to the high-speed loop until 1932. The 1933 race was marked by the deaths of three drivers and the Grand Prix layout was changed, with two chicanes added and the longer straights removed.

Cusco Subaru '08
Round 4 of the 2008 AUTOBACS SUPER GT was held at the Sepang International Circuit (lap = 5.542 km x 54 laps) in Malaysia on June 22. The GT300 class victory went to the No. 77 CUSCO DUNLOP SUBARU IMPREZA driven by Tetsuya Yamano and Kota Sasaki. This was the first Super GT win for the IMPREZA since September of 1998 (Round 5, Motegi).

Tetsuya Yamano: “Kota [Sasaki] got the pole position for us, so I had a very easy start. The team had told me to go out and get us a 15-second margin and I was able to do that, so it was a perfect race for me. Two years ago, our team manager, Mr. Omizo, brought me to this team saying that he wanted me to help them win with the Impreza. Last year we tried but couldn't turn the effort into results. This year the machine has been very good, so we really wanted that first win, and everyone on the team was determined that this race at Sepang would be it. Everyone did there job to give us this win. I am really happy."

PARTICIPANTS

Jon
John
Jukka
Mat
Matt
Bjørn
Deano
Mr V - aka Richard

RESULTS

1st Mat 8 T&Ls
2nd Jukka 7 T&Ls
3rd Warren 6 T&Ls
4th Deano 5 T&Ls
5th Jon 4 T&Ls
6th Matt 3 T&ls
7th Bjørn 3 T&ls
0 John

THE AFTERMATCH

GT 300 - any car

Bhp limit: 340
Tyres: Sports soft

Duration: 7 laps ~ roughly xx minutes of driving + 3 laps qualifying (10 min)

Track No 1: France - Monaco
Track No 2: Germany - Nurburg GP/F
Track No 3: Grand Valley east/ reverse
Track No 4: Tokyo
Track No 5: Deep forest/ revers
Track N0 6: Autum ring

Race admin: Jon

RESULTS

1st Jon 4 T&Ls
2nd Jukka 3 T&Ls
3rd Matt 2 T&Ls
4th Mat 2 T&Ls
5th Bjørn 2 T&Ls
6th Warren 2 T&Ls
7th Deano 2 T&ls

Last edited:

RACE WEDNESDAY No 5 - R2P4

OPEN T&L EVENT

5372486630_cc8ae3b294_b.jpg

Time: wednesday 16.02.11 at 20:00 GMT - 30 min qualifying

Track: Tokyo upsidedown
picture.php

Duration: 40 laps ~ roughly 60 minutes of driving + qualifying
Pitstops: 1 mandatory pitstop required between laps 5 & 29[/COLOR]

CAR SPECIFICATIONS

Ferarri 330 P4, 67
Bhp limit: 462
Weight : 792 kg

Modification:

* NO MODIFICATION
* NO AIDS - ABS 1

THE STORY

The Ferrari P series were prototype sports cars in the 1960s and early 1970s. Although Enzo Ferrari resisted the move even with Cooper dominating F1,
Ferrari began producing mid-engined racing cars in 1960 with the Ferrari Dino-V6-engine Formula Two 156, which would be turned into the Formula One-winner of 1961.

Sports car racers followed in 1963. Although these cars shared their names (based on engine displacement) with road models, they were almost entirely dissimilar.
The first Ferrari mid-engine in a road car did not arrive until the 1967 Dino, and it was 1971 before a Ferrari 12-cylinder engine was placed behind a road-going driver in the 365 GT4 BB. 1967 was a banner year for the Enzo Ferrari motor company, as it saw the production the mid-engined 330 P4, a renowned V12 endurance car meant to replace the previous year's P3.

Only four Ferrari P4 engined cars were ever made: one P 3/4 and three 330 P4's. Their 3-valve cylinder head was modeled after those of Italian Grand Prix-winning Formula One cars. To this was added the same fuel injection system from the P3 for an output of up to 450 hp (335 kW). The P 3/4, one of the P4's, and one 412P electrified the racing world when they crossed the finish line together (in first 0846, second 0856, and third place 0844) in the 1967 24 Hours of Daytona, for a photo finish to counter Ford's photo of the Ford GT 40 MK II's crossing the finish line together First, Second, and Third at Le Mans in 1966.

Since then, the fate of the these four nearly legendary cars has been the subject of much attention. All of the P4's built are accounted for, although P 3/4 0846 is surrounded in controversy.

Due to the great fame and sleek appearance of the original design, more than a hundred P4 replicas of various design have been built. A high-quality P4 replica built with genuine Ferrari engine (e.g., a 400i V12) may command as much as $200,000, but simpler ones (often with Rover engines and Renault drive-trains) fetch around $50,000.

PARTICIPANTS

Jon
John
Warren
Mat
Jukka

RESULTS

1st Jukka 8 T&Ls
2nd Warren 7 T&Ls
3rd Jon 6 T&Ls
4th Mat 5 T&Ls
5th John 4 T&Ls

Last edited:

RACE WEDNESDAY No 6 - touring europe japan style

OPEN T&L EVENT

xanavigtr002.jpg

Time: wednesday 23.02.11 at 21:00 GMT - 30 min qualifying

Track No 1: France - Monaco
Track No 2: Germany - Nurburg GP/F
Track No 3: Italy - Rome
Track No 4: Spain - Madrid

Duration: 10 laps roughly xx minutes of driving + qualifying
Pitstops: 1 mandatory pitstop required between laps 5 & 9[/COLOR]

CAR SPECIFICATIONS

SUPER GT
Bhp limit: 510

Modification:

* NO MODIFICATION
* NO AIDS - ABS 1

THE STORY

Europe
The use of the term "Europe" has developed gradually throughout history. In antiquity, the Greek historian Herodotus mentioned that the world had been divided by unknown persons into the three continents of Europe, Asia, and Libya (Africa), with the Nile and the river Phasis forming their boundaries—though he also states that some considered the River Don, rather than the Phasis, as the boundary between Europe and Asia. Flavius Josephus and the Book of Jubilees described the continents as the lands given by Noah to his three sons; Europe was defined as between the Pillars of Hercules at the Strait of Gibraltar, separating it from Africa, and the Don, separating it from Asia.

SUPER GT/ JTCC
The Japanese Touring Car Championship, JTCC, is a former touring car racing series held in Japan. The series will be relaunched in 2012.

The series had a history going back to the late 1960s and was widely dominated by the C10 Skyline GT-Rs until the Mazda Savanna RX-3 broke its dominance pattern. With by the emergence of Group 5 cars in the later half of the 1970s, the series was replaced in 1979 by the Formula Silhouette which was always held as a support race to the Grand Championship. As the series was incorporated and then later dissolved in 1984 by the All Japan Sports Prototype Championship, the series saw a revival in 1985 for Group A cars, like all other championships in other countries, there was three divisions, by the late 1980s division 3 would be a closely fought competitions between Toyota Supras and Nissan Skylines, whilst division 2 was mainly BMW M3s and division 1 was between Honda Civic and Toyota Corolla.

By 1993, like many other Group A series, the series had ended up becoming a one make affair with just the GT-R only appearing on the top category, followed by the M3s on the other, whereas in Div. 3 only consists of Corollas and Civics. For the following year the series would switch to the Supertouring formula. By 1997 as the class 2 formula cars became more expensive and complicated and due to heavy competitions from JGTC, organisers would make change to the rules to suit crowd demands. Rule changes includes increases to body width and exhaust noise decibels, also keeping the front aerodynamic devices basic and in 1998 with the withdrawal of Nissan Motors due to financial problems and Honda, to concentrate on its Formula One program and also realising it would be less expensive for them to race their NSX in the Japanese Grand Touring Championship series, leaving Toyota as the sole factory manufacturer to have cars competing using their Corona EXIVs and Chasers. Occasionally, an independently run Opel Vectra and a pair of Subaru Impreza wagons did race against the factory Toyotas. In 1999, a new formula using spaceframe cars, now renamed Super Silhouette Car Championship came to nothing and the series was abandoned altogether as by then, the Japan's big three had all got work entries in JGTC to this day, now known as Super GT.
The JTCC will be resurrected in 2012, with five races in Japan and one in China, in partnership with the Chinese Touring Car Championship.

PARTICIPANTS

Jon
John
Warren
Maff
Mat
Maz
Matt
Rune
Bjørn
John (Prudent)
Deano
Avore
Wayne
Jukka
Mau5

RESULTS

1st Mat 24 T&Ls
2nd Jon 22 T&Ls
3rd Maz 20 T&Ls
Prudent 20 T&Ls
5th Jukka 19 T&Ls
6th Warren 16 T&Ls
7th John 15 T&Ls
8th Bjørn 12 T&Ls
9th Wayne 10 T&Ls
10th Matt 8 T&Ls
11th Maf 7 T&Ls
Deano 7 T&Ls
Rune 7 T&Ls
12th Avore 3 T&Ls
Mau5 3 T&Ls

Last edited:
Hello gents ,just thought I would introduce myself.
My name is Dean and I live in Brighton in the uk,I am a father of 2 boys who keep me busy. I've been playing car games for probabley 10 years now starting with gt1/2 and then moving to xbox for forza 2/3 and now I'm back to the darkside for Gt5 and loving it.
I'm going to be fingers (matts) team mate in the 24 hours of le mans (in 85 mins)on Saturday night ,looking forward to meeting you all and racing fair.
One more think before I go, I've been using Gt planet for about 4 years now and I have never seen a thread so well done, the detail is second to none,what a great job to all cocerned, keep up the superb work , unbelievable.

Hi and welcome Dean. look forward to racing with you guys on Saturday.
Any questions regarding the race please do ask and we will be happy to answer.

Hello chaps

Well Dean and i have settled on the Mazda 787B for this event as it is the only car on the list which gives a cockpit view.

The standard HP is running at 822 with added turbo upgrade is hits 890.

Is it ok to get a bit closer to the other cars power wise and run the extra turbo s ?

oh and we are TEAM GB ,( original eh )

Thanks Mat

Team GB
We´ll allow a visit to the tune garage and a upgrade to 890 bhp. If in qualy you car is much better than the others we might not allow it. Testing has shown that the car is doing same speed as the other cars. Good luck at the track.

A privat lobby will be ready at 20.30 GMT. Ive sendt friend request to dean but csant find you Mat. Please add me: marchbrown as friend.

Last edited:
Thank you for putting the event on Jon it was fun and it worked well.

We were going ok for most of the race until i had a complete nightmare of a lap . On my entry into the pits i caught the grass which sent me into a spin and i ended up going past the pit entry and having to do a u-turn to go back to the pit lane :lol: Sorry Deano.

Congrats to the winners ,

I will see if i can get any interest from the scc group to come up with 4 teams and do a scc v t+l team race event.

I also noticed we had had a few connection problems . Are everybody's PS3's hard wired ?

Thanks again and will keep an eye on whats happening here.

BTW Jon, no big deal,but in Finlandia Race it was me 3rd and Rune 4th

Im sorry Bjørn. Everything updated and new events posted. Next saturday night race is coming soon..

Also a big thanks to all taking part in the WPWD. It was all worth the work getting to see teams work the le mans track. We did experience some connections problems but unfortunately we knew upfront that Runes connection has been troublesome and I know hes working on a way to fix it. Hope to see you all on the track next time. Getting to know a couple of new fast and clean drivers from the SCC club was great.

Last edited:
Back