T300rs GT

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
So I've recently just ordered the T300rs GT bundle with th8s shifter. It'll be my first wheel and only used on GT7, I just want to know the best FFB settings to avoid overheating?

So far I know how to have the fan always on which I'll do straight out the box and I've also seen noctua fan upgrades but that seems debatable if it actually makes a difference.

As for settings what are the absolute optimum settings for this wheel to be used at?. As it's my first wheel I'd rather set it to whatever is the best setting to last longer and avoid any overheating damage. I figured I'll get the hang of whatever it's set at and not really have to adjust it, because I'll have nothing to compare it to.

I read online ( Reddit ) 4-2 seems to be a good setting but what's the 4 and what's the 2? They didn't really say what it was. Also I read controller settings should be 5.

5-4-2

Thank you

So I've recently just ordered the T300rs GT bundle with th8s shifter.
Congrats! I have used this set up for years. I keep the FFB Torque setting to 4 or below depending on the car. The FFB Sensitivity setting between 7 and 10 depending on the car. The controller sensitivity to either extreme of -2 or 10 depending on the car and I am not sure this does anything for the wheel but it gives me a setting to change! :D

When you open the controller settings during or before a race (in the prep/waiting screen), 4-2 means fill the ones at the bottom with 4 and 2 for Force Feedback Max. Torque and Force Feedback Sensitivity.
1714142230497.png

There's another number setting for the controller at the top of that dialogue, for Controller Steering Sensitivity.
1714142244382.png

Last edited:
When you open the controller settings during or before a race (in the prep/waiting screen), 4-2 means fill the ones at the bottom with 4 and 2 for Force Feedback Max. Torque and Force Feedback Sensitivity.
View attachment 1350396

There's another number setting for the controller at the top of that dialogue, for Controller Steering Sensitivity.
View attachment 1350397
Thank you very much for this

Congrats! I have used this set up for years. I keep the FFB Torque setting to 4 or below depending on the car. The FFB Sensitivity setting between 7 and 10 depending on the car. The controller sensitivity to either extreme of -2 or 10 depending on the car and I am not sure this does anything for the wheel but it gives me a setting to change! :D
Thank you

So I've recently just ordered the T300rs GT bundle with th8s shifter. It'll be my first wheel and only used on GT7, I just want to know the best FFB settings to avoid overheating?

So far I know how to have the fan always on which I'll do straight out the box and I've also seen noctua fan upgrades but that seems debatable if it actually makes a difference.

As for settings what are the absolute optimum settings for this wheel to be used at?. As it's my first wheel I'd rather set it to whatever is the best setting to last longer and avoid any overheating damage. I figured I'll get the hang of whatever it's set at and not really have to adjust it, because I'll have nothing to compare it to.

I read online ( Reddit ) 4-2 seems to be a good setting but what's the 4 and what's the 2? They didn't really say what it was. Also I read controller settings should be 5.

5-4-2

Thank you
Bit of advice: you'll definitely want to tighten the shifter as well. I ran a TH8A for years and while it definitely got me by, it really does feel less like a proper shifter and more like a way to simply select gears; in other words, it's really loose and not immersive. Part of that is down to how light it feels once it gets worn in and starts to lose a bit of that clickiness. Tightening it up will make it stiffer and a bit more immersive, and should help you avoid missing shifts

View attachment 1350396

View attachment 1350397
I wouldn't need to do other settings on my pc would I? I'm only going to use this just for GT7,.

I wouldn't need to do other settings on my pc would I? I'm only going to use this just for GT7,.
I don't think so. I personally have tuned force feedback to 75% in the PC settings, because I use it on PC too sometimes. But from what I've read here and elsewhere, there's no need to change anything. A firmware update is only required if you use the T-LCM pedals too.

I don't think so. I personally have tuned force feedback to 75% in the PC settings, because I use it on PC too sometimes. But from what I've read here and elsewhere, there's no need to change anything. A firmware update is only required if you use the T-LCM pedals too.
Thank you for the information and I do apologise I'm completely new to this entire thing. Last GT I played was GT2 on PS2, but so far I love GT7 and wanted to fully immerse myself with a steering wheel without having to go in to deep as Im just a casual weekend racer

5-4-2

Thank you
Update the firmware before using it on ps4/5 and i don't know what the fuss is about my old T300 never overheated in 15 year's

Can you list all the cars and your settings for them please? Just kidding. 😁

If you experience overheating with the T300RS constantly, you can activate a "Force Cooling" mode where the fans are always on, as opposed to turning on only when the wheel gets too hot.

I discovered about a mode option for the T300RS, called "Forced Cooling". What it does it set the fans to go at max at all times with the wheel unit. It then saved in it's local memory if you have it turned on or off, so you only need to do it once and every time jump on the wheel, it will straight away spin the fan up for max.

What you need to do is press "Mode" and "Option/Start" and hold down until the red light flashes. If it flashes twice, it means forced cooling is switched on. If it gives a single flash, it means the cooling is set to "Automatic".

The forced cooling should help combat FFB-Fade, which happens when the wheel gets too hot. Because the auto mode is reactive, by the time the fans are up to their full speed, it's already too late and you are pretty much certain to get fade, until it's cooled down enough for full FFB, only for this to keep repeating over and over, especially if you're doing an endurance race. So with the forced cooling option, you should have a better chance of avoiding the FFB strength of your wheel constantly changing back and forth.
Hope this helps.

Back