The Crew Motorfest - General Discussion

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 1,509 comments

The summit is supposed to be end game content and is the only reason anyone even grinds for the legendary sets. The people that go for it really want the cars. This summit will probably have more players due to Blackpanthaa, even though he barely ever plays or makes content for this game on his channel.
Ive only just discovered the legacy summits (doh!), and the best approach (if you're patient) is to wait 6 months, the cars are guaranteed for just completing rather than competing.

Last edited:
Ive only just discovered the legacy summits (doh!), and the best approach if you're patient is to wait 6 months, the cars are guaranteed for just completing rather than competing
Legacy summits? I've been looking for those but I can't find 'em, I mean, I found Legacy playlists but the previous I can't find. Can you please tell me how we find these?

Legacy summits? I've been looking for those but I can't find 'em, I mean, I found Legacy playlists but the previous I can't find. Can you please tell me how we find these?
Sorry I meant legacy playlists, they seem to be an amalgamation of previous summit races. It remains to be seen how many prize cars can be got this way there's just 4 so far. Useful for those who dont like the part grind aspect, or are tortured by FOMO.

Sorry I meant legacy playlists, they seem to be an amalgamation of previous summit races. It remains to be seen how many prize cars can be got this way there's just 4 so far. Useful for those who dont like the part grind aspect, or are tortured by FOMO.
The Legacy playlists will give you the Main Stage reward cars from the previous seasons, no Summit cars.

I really thought this summit would be really hard to stay in plat but actually one of the easier summits I've done

I only did the events once and was in the 5k area. I’ve fallen off this game hard and don’t have the time to keep up with this week’s summit.

If I fall off the FOMO train for summit cars I’ll probably move on. I don’t care about the two PvP modes and three month seasons with one playlist is horrible.

I am not even going for the Summit cars because of the FOMO. I have no time for it. I will put my place in the hat once or twice and then that's it. I don't even get gold, I think....

I only did the events once and was in the 5k area. I’ve fallen off this game hard and don’t have the time to keep up with this week’s summit.

If I fall off the FOMO train for summit cars I’ll probably move on. I don’t care about the two PvP modes and three month seasons with one playlist is horrible.
No I agree with you I've only done the event in the summit once but I do have full nitro sets and score breaker sets but yeah I very rarely play the game at all now PvP is terrible imo and the playlist are boring and the fact it's one maybe 2 a season is such a bad idea

Funny, I didn't touch the grand race at first, was afraid I would suck big time. But after a month or so I got into it and it's actually quite fun. Yes, first turn is often ugly, but once you get a feel for how you need to drive to aviod or get through it it's ok. Sometimes you have some idiots on the grid who actively take out other drivers. But usually I have hard but fair racing. It's always cool when you can team up with someone and close the gap to drivers in front.

Managed platinum somehow after dropping from 6000 to 8000th on the last day. It's a nice car but I'm not really a P4NT5 fan.
111aa62b-df1b-4257-9067-c2c0e4fee2ef_Thumbnail.PNG

And the new drifting cars are nice too.
9288ae2f-3828-43f1-9735-a4bd0f53ea2e_Thumbnail.PNG

52081839-f4c9-4ce7-aca6-7e579bff93e5_Thumbnail.PNG

Wish you all a nice drifting Summit too.

Last edited:
Managed platinum somehow after dropping from 6000 to 8000th on the last day. It's a nice car but I'm not really a P4NT5 fan.
111aa62b-df1b-4257-9067-c2c0e4fee2ef_Thumbnail.PNG

And the new drifting cars are nice too.
9288ae2f-3828-43f1-9735-a4bd0f53ea2e_Thumbnail.PNG

52081839-f4c9-4ce7-aca6-7e579bff93e5_Thumbnail.PNG

Wish you all a nice drifting Summit too.
I love Drift cars 'cause I can do a bit of Drift style racing in custom events. My Dad loves 'em too, he loves to send 'em around the corners in 90-degree corners and in the Hairpins! ...In video games of course! :lol:

Last edited:
I decided to finally buy the game since I enjoyed the beta and the timed demo. The handling is something to get used to but I'm enjoying it so far!

I decided to finally buy the game since I enjoyed the beta and the timed demo. The handling is something to get used to but I'm enjoying it so far!
Its an enjoyable chill game, I'm a pad user if you find the understeer a little too much try these settings out:
Steering linearity - 0
deadzone - 10
Highest - 0
direct mode - off
sensitivity - 90
dynamic max lock - 50
throttle linearity - 50
deadzone -20
highest - 95
brake linearity - 50
deadzone - 20
highest - 100

For me this makes it more comfortable (this set up favours cars and slightly compromises motocross bikes) also enable rewind in the gameplay setting whilst you get used to the races, makes it more chilling experience.

Last edited:
I just tried the demo and I'm really impressed. I wanna buy the game for sure but...

How do I get the cars to control correctly?! I can't figure out the control.. the steering feels really numb and unresponsive around the centre and then it suddenly responds. I can't make my cars do what I need em to do LOL

What's the trick, fellas? What settings do I need to tinker with to get the car to respond immediately as soon as I apply input on the left analog stick? I've my deadzone set to zero. What else do I need to adjust?

Love everything about the game - reminds me of the excitement and adrenaline rush I felt when NFS Underground 1 came out. If I can get the cars to control like FM/FH5, this is an easy buy. I understand it's just a casual racing game but there HAS to be a way to make the cars control properly and not apply more than half analog stick input just to turn quickly.

Thanks, GREAT game!!

I just tried the demo and I'm really impressed. I wanna buy the game for sure but...

How do I get the cars to control correctly?! I can't figure out the control.. the steering feels really numb and unresponsive around the centre and then it suddenly responds. I can't make my cars do what I need em to do LOL

What's the trick, fellas? What settings do I need to tinker with to get the car to respond immediately as soon as I apply input on the left analog stick? I've my deadzone set to zero. What else do I need to adjust?

Love everything about the game - reminds me of the excitement and adrenaline rush I felt when NFS Underground 1 came out. If I can get the cars to control like FM/FH5, this is an easy buy. I understand it's just a casual racing game but there HAS to be a way to make the cars control properly and not apply more than half analog stick input just to turn quickly.

Thanks, GREAT game!!
When you get legend points spend them on iron grip select profile, then driver from the menu (double click start button). Try the settings in the previous post as jump off point, make note of the original settings in case you dont like them. Ive spent a bit of time changing one variable at a time to get it to a sweet spot. Setting the steering linearity to 0 really helps as does reducing the deadzone to 10.

When you get legend points spend them on iron grip select profile, then driver from the menu (double click start button). Try the settings in the previous post as jump off point, make note of the original settings in case you dont like them. Ive spent a bit of time changing one variable at a time to get it to a sweet spot. Setting the steering linearity to 0 really helps as does reducing the deadzone to 10.
I thought Iron Grip only applies to the Racing/AGP cars

What's Iron Grip?

I have no issues with grip or traction in the game. Feels very good. My issue is numbness or dullness around the centre. The wheels should start turning as soon as I apply input on the analogue stick because I have the steering deadzone set to '0' not 10.

Last edited:
I thought Iron Grip only applies to the Racing/AGP cars
Im not sure 100% after googling it. I assumed it was across the board, particularly as its in the parts for all classes, had a look on reddit and guy said it helped slow the wear in track races... In my experience I found rallying easier after adding the iron grip legend points. Its easy to forget how duff the intial set up of the game is, cars with low part values and default control set up were a bit meh, it soon becomes a real comfy pair of slippers with some tweeks in settings and upgrades though.

Still getting my kicks from snapping away, some really choice liveries in this game.

obo39IC.jpg

pYE6VqV.jpg

cS2EMx6.jpg

btyGYFA.jpg

WGmD2g2.jpg

xk0sjyz.jpg

HjwYEbv.jpg

What's Iron Grip?

I have no issues with grip or traction in the game. Feels very good. My issue is numbness or dullness around the centre. The wheels should start turning as soon as I apply input on the analogue stick because I have the steering deadzone set to '0' not 10.
Iron grip seems to improve cornering, I took the legend points off for a test and it definitely drove worse without it especially in the wet.
The linearity setting should be more important value to adjust if it feels numb, I remenber the game had too much understeer in default state. Persevere with adjusting one value at a time, you will get it dialled in to where you like it ;-)

Last edited:
Im not sure 100% after googling it. I assumed it was across the board, particularly as its in the parts for all classes, had a look on reddit and guy said it helped slow the wear in track races... In my experience I found rallying easier after adding the iron grip legend points. Its easy to forget how duff the intial set up of the game is, cars with low part values and default control set up were a bit meh, it soon becomes a real comfy pair of slippers with some tweeks in settings and upgrades though.

Still getting my kicks from snapping away, some really choice liveries in this game.

obo39IC.jpg

pYE6VqV.jpg

cS2EMx6.jpg

btyGYFA.jpg

WGmD2g2.jpg

xk0sjyz.jpg

HjwYEbv.jpg

Iron grip seems to improve cornering, I took the legend points off for a test and it definitely drove worse without it.
The linearity setting should be more important value to adjust if it feels numb, I remenber the game had too much understeer in default state. Persevere with adjusting one value at a time, you will get it dialled in to where you like it ;-)
Oh, I see. So it's the linearity setting I need to adjust to dial out the horrendous understeer and numbness around the centre?

Increase or decrease this value?

Also, the steering wheel keeps wobbling and moving even though the car is going in a straight line. Is this some kind of animation or feature in the game?

Finally, how do I get the wheel in cockpit to move like it does in the actual car? Assetto Corsa on pad has an option where the cockpit wheel moves 1:1 with the actual car's wheel rotation.

Last edited:
Oh, I see. So it's the linearity setting I need to adjust to dial out the horrendous understeer and numbness around the centre?

Also, the steering wheel keeps wobbling and moving even though the car is going in a straight line. Is this some kind of animation or feature in the game?

Finally, how do I get the wheel in cockpit to move like it does in the actual car? Assetto Corsa on pad has an option where the cockpit wheel moves 1:1 with the actual car's wheel rotation.
I go with this for steering I dont use in car view sorry.
Steering linearity - 0
deadzone - 10
Highest - 0
direct mode - off
sensitivity - 90
dynamic max lock - 50
throttle linearity - 50
deadzone -20
highest - 95
brake linearity - 50
deadzone - 20
highest - 100

wheel settings
FFB - 50
Damper - 30
vibe 70
Steering linearity - 40
deadzone - 0
Highest - 80
dynamic range -off
range 360

Just asking but could anyone who has ported their vanities from crew2, post a pic or two where the beacon lights go on GMA T50?

Apparently there is a european style beacon, old beacon and safety car lightbar and I'm curious if those can even be fitted to hypercars. Just incase I come to own those vanities someday.

Just asking but could anyone who has ported their vanities from crew2, post a pic or two where the beacon lights go on GMA T50?

Apparently there is a european style beacon, old beacon and safety car lightbar and I'm curious if those can even be fitted to hypercars. Just incase I come to own those vanities someday.
Not much options for the T50 in terms of vanities. But there is a option for a single beacon
ca545297-db21-4f0b-8c2c-2290b72fc9b9_Thumbnail.PNG

Both the Hypercar and Race versions have it. But on the race version it is glitched into the body. 😥

df10c339-9ba1-4846-a1d3-789549e2fb1b_Thumbnail.PNG

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics @strela. I take it that the lights work while driving. At least the agent lightbar worked when I test drove it.

Is there any other methods of getting more crew credits besides buying them with real money and winning them by completing challenges?

Ubisoft Connect app gave extra 20000 on top of the 56000 from completing ingame challenges.

Last edited:
Everyone:

How are you guys dialing in the control on the Xbox pad? it's just terrible, the car is very unpredictable and I can't get precise steering. My car will either steer too less and feel numb around the centre, or it will suddenly turn a lot and then I have to overcorrect.

Also, the sliding and breaking traction mechanics are really weird. It feels like Ridge Racer. I can't really feel what the suspension, tires or chassis are doing.

It's an arcade title sure, but I was expecting decent physics and steering. Hated The Crew 1 & 2 because of the physics alone.

EXCELLENT audio and graphics - better than FH5 in my opinion - but the driving feel is absolutely killing it for me. About to delete it.

Last edited:
A new glitch was discovered just today (afaik). It only works on PC. With this glitch you can double the amount of one perk by putting the same perk on both sides. Ubisoft is informed (by those who discovered the glitch).

Will be interesting to see how Ubisoft is going to deal with it, because lots of People are going to do it and make special sets (double nitro, double skill points etc.) I don't see how Ubisoft is going to go into everyones account searching and deleting those sets. The only solution might be to make that 'option' officially available to everyone.

Back