The GT5 Garage Editor Thread.

• Thread starter VBR
  • 676 comments
Wait, are you “in the car” when you make these modifications to it?

If so, that’s your problem. Any mods made to the car your currently in via saved editing are temporary. You need to be out of it for the changes to be permanent.

possibly I was.. I can't remember really tbh

Well I’d try it again and make sure you’re not riding in it. It should work then.

As far as how to “properly hybrid” cars like you’re wanting, I can’t really help you with that.

Well I’d try it again and make sure you’re not riding in it. It should work then.

As far as how to “properly hybrid” cars like you’re wanting, I can’t really help you with that.

ok, thanks.. For now I'll just try to swap the engine and see if it works.. I downloaded the editor you posted and bought myself a honda :P
IMG_20220508_201812.jpg

Okay, what exactly are saying? I’m confused.

well it says 94 bhp and than 487 when I click on it.. It's like I'm not sure if parts stay on it lol.. I just open Savegame on GE, click which parts I want to change (engine) and than just close garage and copy save back.. Actual question is if that's the whole process done ok?

Because I click on Ferrari F430 brakes, how I know if they stay on the car.. I click on S2000 transmission but car has fully customizable trans etc

Sorry if you don't get me, thanks for trying to help :)

Yea the list (where it says 94 bhp) simply hasn’t updated yet, but it will later on. (I forget exactly when)

Seems like it, however I noticed you’re riding in the car. :P Were you riding in it when you opened your save in GE?

No, I was not riding in it :)
I think it works, at least I hope so.. I fitted v6 from Alfa 147 GTA but I need to find many more seconds lol

Yea, the list updated, engine is ok, don't know about other stuff lol, will have to test.. thanks again :)

You're welcome! :) From what I can tell, I think you were modifying your car while riding in it and that was probably why it kept resetting. Why GT5 does this, I don't really know, but hopefully now you won't have any issues. 👍

VBR
I've asked permission from @Jordan if we can speak openly about this now, & here's his answer:

So, please feel free to post anything & everything about the Garage Editor in here.

👍
how d u build a hybrid or make the custom car have like 1000hp or super grip, cuse i try changing the custom sheet A but when k enter the game wkth the save filed loaded in my ps3, the car doesnt show the stas it should

any one can give me a full brake through of how to make a hybrid car, like to give a miata 1000bhp adn extreme grip, cuse ive tryed with garage edit but the sheet doesnt fully load into the game

how d u build a hybrid or make the custom car have like 1000hp or super grip, cuse i try changing the custom sheet A but when k enter the game wkth the save filed loaded in my ps3, the car doesnt show the stas it should
Don't know. I started this thread a while ago, but never ended up getting into the Garage Editor.

Word of advice, do not use the special car insert feature to get the XXXXXXX in GE 1.3.1!
Untitled.png

And I'll explain why.

I've been suspicious of this for years now, but only today have I finally noticed this flaw. In this screenshot, I have two of these, the one on top is the one I inserted using this feature, the other being what it should be. Look at the manufacturers for both.
Gran Turismo 5.png

And upon selecting the one under Chevrolet, it comes up with this. Notice that it says Gran Turismo on the top left despite being put under Chevrolet in the garage.
Gran Turismo 5_1.png

Point is, this feature mistakenly puts the XXXXXXX in the Chevrolet section when it's supposed to be under Gran Turismo instead. That said, I advise against using the special car insert feature to get it. Instead, I recommend using the insert new car ticket feature, you won't have any issues with this one.

Last edited:
Word of advice, do not use the special car insert feature to get the XXXXXXX in GE 1.3.1!
View attachment 1188091
And I'll explain why.

I've been suspicious of this for years now, but only today have I finally noticed this flaw. In this screenshot, I have two of these, the one on top is the one I inserted using this feature, the other being what it should be. Look at the manufacturers for both.View attachment 1188092
And upon selecting the one under Chevrolet, it comes up with this. Notice that it says Gran Turismo on the top left despite being put under Chevrolet in the garage.
View attachment 1188093
Point is, this feature mistakenly puts the XXXXXXX in the Chevrolet section when it's supposed to be under Gran Turismo instead. That said, I advise against using the special car insert feature to get it. Instead, I recommend using the insert new car ticket feature instead, you won't have any issues with this one.
In the second screenshot, is there a way to obtain those cars through a garage editor without jailbreaking the system? (370GT GT Academy edition, OG X1 fan cars) I have several garage editors but they aren't in it.

Unless you get Nenkai's mod, you can't get those cars because they don't originally exist in the game data. I have been told you could install his mod on OFW via modding a PS3 backup, but I ain't tried it myself and it's such a long tedious process that unless you just hate the thought of jailbreaking your system, it's not worth doing. Once you get jailbreak though, it's easy to install.

Last edited:
Unless you get Nenkai's mod, you can't get those cars because they don't originally exist in the game data. I have been told you could install his mod on OFW via modding a PS3 backup, but I ain't tried it myself and it's such a long tedious process that unless you just hate the thought of jailbreaking your system, it's not worth doing. Once you get jailbreak though, it's easy to install.
Ayy thank you for the info. I think I might just buy another PS3 soon and jailbreak it so I can soley use it for GT5/GT6 mods.

That's actually a good idea. As someone who has had jailbreak for 4 years now, I can honestly say it's best to have a console on OFW if you plan on using PSN. Can you use PSN on jailbreak? Yes, but in my opinion, it's not worth the risk.

So I have been meaning to post this for a while now, but xfileFin (AKA Razerman), the one who made the new save editor for GT5 that gave us the ability to actually activate the DLCs and the GT6 save editor, has made a few desirable updates with his GT5 editor lately. He's brought some rather interesting updates to it as of late, one of which I have wanted for years now.

So what do we have here?

1. You can now view your garage. Something it didn't have before, but now it does! Cars can be filtered by newest first, oldest first, last driven first, and last driven last. It doesn't have the ability to filter cars by the manufacturer yet, but he says it will be added eventually for easy sorting. ;)
1.png

2. You can change your current car in the editor. Something no save editor has had before that I have seen until now. This is useful if you forgot to get out of your car and want to modify it because if I remember correctly, you cannot be in your car if you expect to modify its data.
Untitled.png

3. Car parameter editor. Clicking on a car in your garage will allow you to view all its data. Here, you can do pretty much everything to your car that was available in GE and a lot more that I didn't even know existed. I will admit, I do still prefer GE for making hybrids for its UI and ability to swap parts quickly, but it has its limits and if theirs anything I can't do with it, well this allows me to do that.
Car Param Editor.png

Here's where it gets really interesting though!

4. 3 new car options. So he's given us 3 options for every car and it goes as follows.
  • Duplicate. Pretty self-explanatory, it duplicates your car.
  • Share. Now this one is interesting! Clicking it will copy all of the car's data to the clipboard and if you want to save it to a text file or something and share it with others, now you can! You'll see why this matters in a little bit.... :P
  • Delete. This is also self-explanatory. It's useful if you ever need to remove some cars and can't for some reason, or if you just don't want to deal with the slow load times in-game.
Options.png

5. The ability to easily import shared cars. Easily the best part about this! Remember the "Share" option I mentioned earlier? Well, what this feature allows you to do is import the data the feature gives you and add the car to your garage. What does this mean? It means you can easily copy cars from one save game to another with ease and any cars people decide to share on the internet using the "Share" feature, well you can add them to your garage! :dopey: Simply copy all the data you got from the "Share" feature and paste it into the box, then click "Add car" and you're done!
Import feature.png

Wanted this feature for years since GT3gedit for GT3 had it and now it's finally here! :D

Here's the link if you want to download it:
I've already toyed with this program many times and have had no issues to speak of, but as always, if you have any issues, feel free to report them here!

If you can't get the editor to run, I recommend installing NET Framework:

VBR You think maybe you can add the link to this editor and NET Framework in the OP please? :)

Last edited:
The DLC isnt Working
Okay, I need some context here, are you referring to the GT5 Save Editor posted above?

Edit: Or not, it seems you only joined to post this comment and then left before anyone could answer. 🤔 If you’re going to report a problem, at the very least stick around long enough so someone can answer you. If you're referring to the editor above, the DLC does work because I've activated it before and I have a strong feeling you might've done something wrong. If you come back, please provide more information about what you did so I can find out if it was user error or if theirs new problem that needs to be fixed.

Last edited:
I have a few questions:

1: When loading my save file, is there a way to know if it's already encrypted or not? Does the save file need to be encrypted when putting it back in the PS3, etc?

2: How do I set the game to the specific 2.11 update? That seems to be the one that everyone was recommending but it's not the most up-to-date one, so I'm not sure how to get it

3: Does the steps to load the save file into the save editor and then transferring back to the PS3 follow the same steps as the garage editor?
(like the steps in this video)

Last edited:
1: Does the save editor basically do the same thing as the garage editor? Can I use it to add credits and non-DLC cars for example?
Yes. It actually does even more than GE 1.3.1 does.
2: How do I set the game to the specific 2.11 update? That seems to be the one that everyone was recommending but it's not the most up-to-date one, so I'm not sure how to get it
Well you just have to download the updates until you reach 2.11. If you’re already on an update higher than that, you’ll need to delete your game data and redownload the updates until you’re on 2.11.

You definitely want 2.11 because the later updates don’t add anything worthwhile to the game, if anything they take away stuff instead.
3: Does the steps to load the save file into the save editor and then transferring back to the PS3 follow the same steps as the garage editor?
(like the steps in this video)
Pretty much! :)

Yes. It actually does even more than GE 1.3.1 does.

Well you just have to download the updates until you reach 2.11. If you’re already on an update higher than that, you’ll need to delete your game data and redownload the updates until you’re on 2.11.

You definitely want 2.11 because the later updates don’t add anything worthwhile to the game, if anything they take away stuff instead.

Pretty much! :)
thanks, I downloaded the both the GT5 and GT6 save editors a few mins ago, so then I wanted to know about at what point does my file need to be encrypted/decrypted (more info on point one of my last comment)

1: When loading my save file, is there a way to know if it's already encrypted or not?
I don't think so, but if you just copied your save from the PS3 and hadn't done anything else to it yet, it'll be encrypted by default.
Does the save file need to be encrypted when putting it back in the PS3, etc?
Yes, the PS3 can't read decrypted saves. If you're save was encrypted prior to loading it into the editor, the "save" option will save it as encrypted.
so then I wanted to know about at what point does my file need to be encrypted/decrypted (more info on point one of my last comment)
In your case, if you just copied your save from the PS3 to your USB, loaded it into the editor, and looking to save what you did, you can just click "Save". Unless you're looking to do some other hacking-related stuff or you accidentally clicked save decrypted, you most likely won't need to save encrypted or decrypted.

Last edited:
Back