The GT7 Livery Editor Competition Leaderboard

• Thread starter MatskiMonk
  • 74 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
banner.png

The GT7 Livery Editor Competition Leaderboard
by Nuschel01

Welcome to the unofficial official Leaderboard for the ongoing GT7 Livery Editor Competitions!

After the winner of the most current competition is declared, all the votes are tallied, and a ranking then applied. Principally, there's the points tally, this works on the current FIA Formula 1 championship points allocation of 25, 18, 15, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, 1, for first to tenth positions respectively. Allied to that, the ranking is sorted by an entrants highest performance, and how many times they've achieved that peak level. Every LEC entrant is now fighting for an overall position in the standings!

Other stats are shown for each member that has competed in a LEC including; how many LEC's they contested, the average number of votes received, and their average finishing position. Additionally, stats for car types and brands are also available, along with overall Livery Editor Competition stats, and a round up of themes, so be sure to check the additional tabs on the sheet below!

The Current Standings...

All the effort for this, including compiling the data and generating the statistics was done by @Nuschel01. If you think there's a mistake or error, please PM @Nuschel01 or @MatskiMonk, and we'll give it a look. Constructive feedback welcome.
Thanks to @syntex123 (and @Nuschel01) for organising the LEC threads and polls, and please checkout @Raphaele's HALL OF FAME thread to remind yourself how good the entries are!

Last edited:
It should be added that this shouldn't be taken too serious in terms of any kind of competition. After all the goal should be to encourage people to make a bunch of great liveries matching a set theme without anyone going full tryharding sweatlord and not voting for entries they'd vote for but they were made by somebody ahead in the ranking.

Thanks for putting this post together, Matt :cheers:

If anyone has any ideas what else might be interesting to cover, please step forward :D

Last edited:
I could have sworn I was in 42nd place the last time I looked here. But 43? I mean, what even is that? This changes everything. I’m gonna have to go home and rethink my whole identity. :nervous:
Don’t panic. You just need to try harder, but not too hard or you’ll end in 41st; then what will you do.

Last edited:
@Nuschel01 what makes the difference in the rankings for the Car Type and Brand? If they all have 1 win a piece, are they not tied? Or does it then come down to the number of seconds and thirds, and so on??

1656064394120.png

You mean that they constantly swap their order? It's because there is an RNG behind it that adds a new number whenever something in the sheet is updated.
Because if you do a vlookup on a ranked list where there are multiple entries with the same rank it'll only return the first one. So without a random number it'd look like this:
P1Audi - 1 Win
P2Audi - 1 Win
P3Audi - 1 Win

With the random number added to it in theory it looks like this:
P1Audi - 1.17373921 Win
P2Toyota - 1.37392983 Win
P3BMW - 1.73186036 Win

Since Excel/Google Sheets refreshed random values all the time there is a little bit of fluctuation going on with the positions.

You mean that they constantly swap their order? It's because there is an RNG behind it that adds a new number whenever something in the sheet is updated.
Because if you do a vlookup on a ranked list where there are multiple entries with the same rank it'll only return the first one. So without a random number it'd look like this:
P1Audi - 1 Win
P2Audi - 1 Win
P3Audi - 1 Win

With the random number added to it in theory it looks like this:
P1Audi - 1.17373921 Win
P2Toyota - 1.37392983 Win
P3BMW - 1.73186036 Win

Since Excel/Google Sheets refreshed random values all the time there is a little bit of fluctuation going on with the positions.
Season 2 Episode 6 GIF by Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan

Not sure what that all means... But I guess as the competitions continue the order will start to align itself better once there's more wins for a brand, etc. ?

EDIT: @Nuschel01 I guess my reason for asking is if we have 10 competitions and a different car and/or brand wins each time, won't the rank just never change unless your spreadsheet is taking into account the finishing positions for those cars/brands across the whole competition as well?

Last edited:
But I guess as the competitions continue the order will start to align itself better once there's more wins for a brand, etc. ?
Exactly.
Here's how the positions are set currently:
1656065259081.png

The left values are taken from another table where I enter what car/brand won + the random number. Breaking down the formula visible on top it esentially searches the largest value in the left table and matches the type/brand to it. The second part basically does the same just that this time it matches the rounded down number to it. It's kinda hard to explain, but yeah.
  1. Find the biggest value in the table → 1.712934145
  2. Find the row in the (flipped around) table (because vlookup only goes left to right) with that value and return the 2nd column → VGT
  3. Add - to the cell → VGT -
  4. Repeat step one
  5. Repeat step two but now return the 1st column and round the found value down → 1.712934145

Since we had three LECs so far with 3 different cars and brands winning there is no way for the sheet to rank everything themselves (except for if I made something that determines who got x wins first, but I think that's a bit unnecessary really. If for example BMW wins the current LEC their value will go to 2.xxxxxxxx and thus be higher than 1.xxxxxxxx, so they'll be put in P1 with the other two still jumping around in P2 and P3.

EDIT:
EDIT: @Nuschel01 I guess my reason for asking is if we have 10 competitions and a different car and/or brand wins each time, won't the rank just never change unless your spreadsheet is taking into account the finishing positions for those cars/brands across the whole competition as well?
Yes, that's how it'd be. The brands and types in that table you initially highlighted would change all the time. I probably could hand out points to types and brands as well, but that'd involve quite a bit of overhauling and at least in my eyes seems a bit unnecessary, because at the moment the types/brand ranking is totally independent from the entrants ranking.
Basically what I do when a new entry is posted is that I assign the entry number (from the poll) to the user, ...
1656066422627.png
... and then manually adjust the counter for types and brands in these tables:
1656066660865.png
1656066692050.png

Once the poll is over I just type down the number of votes every entry got and let the sheet do its magic:
1656066808218.png

For the types and brands I then check the top three highest finishing ones and manually enter them:
1656066893200.png
1656066921963.png
For example you can see that in LEC 01 Toyota got P1, P2 and P3 with Honda in P4 and Mitsubishi in P5. I only check the top three brands and their finishing position tho. Considering I only really need the winning types/brands that's already a bit redundand :D The "Total" column counts all cells in the type's/brand's row with a 1, which is then processed into the helper table shown at the very beginning of this post.

Last edited:
Exactly.
Here's how the positions are set currently:
View attachment 1164621

The left values are taken from another table where I enter what car/brand won + the random number. Breaking down the formula visible on top it esentially searches the largest value in the left table and matches the type/brand to it. The second part basically does the same just that this time it matches the rounded down number to it. It's kinda hard to explain, but yeah.
  1. Find the biggest value in the table → 1.712934145
  2. Find the row in the (flipped around) table (because vlookup only goes left to right) with that value and return the 2nd column → VGT
  3. Add - to the cell → VGT -
  4. Repeat step one
  5. Repeat step two but now return the 1st column and round the found value down → 1.712934145

Since we had three LECs so far with 3 different cars and brands winning there is no way for the sheet to rank everything themselves (except for if I made something that determines who got x wins first, but I think that's a bit unnecessary really. If for example BMW wins the current LEC their value will go to 2.xxxxxxxx and thus be higher than 1.xxxxxxxx, so they'll be put in P1 with the other two still jumping around in P2 and P3.
Does the random number represent anything or is it purely a random number to get a ranking difference? I'm assuming it's the latter because Abarth and Autobianchi are showing in your list but I'm fairly sure I've never seen either of those make an appearance.

Is all of that bit manual? I guess if you wanted to sink more time into it you could have a table where you add the make/type plus finishing position into an entry list break-down which then feeds to the main chart, giving you an accurate result of how many times a brand or type has shown up and the ranking based on finishing positions where there's a tie (much like the main ranking chart). But then maybe that's all getting a bit onerous and unnecessary...

the simpsons nerd GIF

Last edited:
Does the random number represent anything or is it purely a random number to get a ranking difference?
It represents nothing, just the regular =rand() Excel and Google Sheets offer.

Is all of that bit manual?
I've edited the post above, I think that explains everything?

EDIT: Thinking about it again half of what I explained isn't even needed to answer your question :lol: The part prior to the voting only affects the tables you didn't highlight :lol:

Last edited:
It represents nothing, just the regular =rand() Excel and Google Sheets offer.

I've edited the post above, I think that explains everything?

EDIT: Thinking about it again half of what I explained isn't even needed to answer your question :lol: The part prior to the voting only affects the tables you didn't highlight :lol:
Yep, understood. Appreciate the explanation, and all the effort that goes into all this! Me being me, I'd have made a monster of a spreadsheet where there's an entry result breakdown (eg. LEC 01, including the finishing position of each entrant, car type, make, vote number), a summary tab which pulls results from each LEC (giving you the top 3 for each LEC at a glance), then a tab pulling results from the full entry breakdown extracting the make / car type, and finally a tab giving the full ranking of every entrant. But I'm a stickler for over-complicating my spreadsheets and using conditional formatting and vlookups unnecessarily, so yeah, ignore me! :D :D

But I'm a stickler for over-complicating my spreadsheets
We'll better not talk about that :lol:

I might've done something similar with actually putting down who entered what car had I started this after LEC 01 and updated it every other day during running competitions. Backtracking 3 LECs with over 150 entries however kept me away from that :lol:
If you want I can give you editing rights for this sheet too, in case you wanna dive down deep or find any errors :D

EDIT: I'd also love to have a look at your stuff :D Are there any differences between our results anyway?

Last edited:
EDIT: I'd also love to have a look at your stuff :D Are there any differences between our results anyway?
I haven't been game enough to build a spreadsheet to return any results, so I've not got an answer there. If I can find some time between my projects, my GT missions and entertaining my toddler I'll have a crack and let you know!

Results for LEC 04 are now in :dopey:

EDIT: I changed the way points are handed out, for example previously if there were two people tied for P5 the next person would've been in P7; now they're in P6.

Fun fact: This means everyone who participated in LEC 03 got points now :D

Last edited:
Results for LEC 05 are now in, @MatskiMonk runs away with a healthy 18 points lead over @krisduv in 2nd. BMW also takes its second win with Mazda, Nissan and Lamborghini stepping on the podium for the first time.
In total 116 people made 291 of 348 possible votes, which means that again quite a few people didn't hand out all their three votes.

Additionally, here's a small up/down ranking of the leaderboard compared to LEC 04.
PlaceEntrantPointsUp/Down
1MatskiMonk62
2krisduv44↑ 3
3996rick39↑ 7
4Nerazzurri38↓ 2
5Raphaele35↑ 2
6grp__kta34↓ 3
7JarredJackson32↑ 8
8RealJaySee31
9Nuschel0131↑ 3
10wowbaggerBR30↓ 6
11ziggedzag28↓ 5
12Touring Mars25↓ 3
13MisterWaffles18↓ 2
14gaphiko14↓ 1
15SouperK14↓ 1

p78
Soo apparently, i made 6th position one time. So close but yet so far :lol: .
LEC 03 you came 6th and scored 8 points, LEC 04 you came 8th and scored another 4 points.

Results for LEC 05 are now in, @MatskiMonk runs away with a healthy 18 points lead over @krisduv in 2nd. BMW also takes its second win with Mazda, Nissan and Lamborghini stepping on the podium for the first time.
In total 116 people made 291 of 348 possible votes, which means that again quite a few people didn't hand out all their three votes.

Additionally, here's a small up/down ranking of the leaderboard compared to LEC 04.
PlaceEntrantPointsUp/Down
1MatskiMonk62
2krisduv44↑ 3
3996rick39↑ 7
4Nerazzurri38↓ 2
5Raphaele35↑ 2
6grp__kta34↓ 3
7JarredJackson32↑ 8
8RealJaySee31
9Nuschel0131↑ 3
10wowbaggerBR30↓ 6
11ziggedzag28↓ 5