The Maserati Trophy...Season 1 over

• Thread starter Goodwolf
  • 235 comments
I couldnt attend practice last night, as I had a visit from GC Gary, and we went to the pub, which rendered both of us unable to drive. I will try to get some laps in tonight, before the races.

OK guys I hope I'll see you tonight.

I couldnt attend practice last night, as I had a visit from GC Gary, and we went to the pub, which rendered both of us unable to drive. I will try to get some laps in tonight, before the races.

Yeah I saw the comments on facebook. :D

I only practiced a bit this morning. Gran Valley doesn't really suit my driving style and I've never been that quick at it. But I could probably did below 2:03 with a good lap. Still concerned about what kind of strategy I should go with. I guess I'll have to just decide on the fly depending on what happens. And also hope that my wheel doesn't fail (which it likely will in one of the two races...).

I think I will have to withdraw from the races. Not because I don't like them, but with my wheel malfunctioning I don't want to put the work in (practice) to have it taken away by random chance and not through a fault of my own.

And thanks Cobani. ^^;

Had an enjoyable 1st race, although I was off the pace. Best lap was a 2:04.xxx. Sorry I couldnt stay for race 2, but had a couple of unexpected things to sort out at home. It seems the 2nd race was cancelled anyway. I was gifted 3rd place tonight, by Longbows early exit due to mechanical malfunctions, and Capt Garys involuntary pit stop towards the end of the race.

Standings

stand3.png
legend.png

Here are the results.
Because only 5 racers joined, points table for this race was changed.

Points table

Position:..1°...2°...3°...4°...5°....6°...7°...8°
+ 1 point for the Pole Position

Congrats to GT Flaw for winning the first race. Thanks for joining.
Cobani survived this round at 1st place. :)
Funny how that turned out.
See you all at Motegi.

Last edited:

7fff589f-79a4-4bab-8e7d-674cf01c2bb8.jpg

Practice will be on Friday and Saturday, after 20:00 GMT (9pm BST). I'll keep you posted.

Round 4: Road Course Twin Motegi - 29th September 2013

Event Format
Practice: 18:45GMT (7:45pm BST) start, 15 minutes long

Qualifying 1: 19:00GMT start, 15 minutes long
Race 1: 19:15GMT (about 37 minutes)

Qualifying 2: 20:00GMT start, 15 minutes long
Race 2: 20:15GMT (about 37 minutes)

Event Settings
Laps: 18
Start Type: Grid with False Start Check
Grid Order: Fastest First
Boost: No
Penalty: No
Race Finish Delay: 140 sec
Mechanical Damage: Light
Slipstream Strength: Weak
Tyre/Fuel Depletion: Normal
Grip Reduction: Real

Regulation Settings
Power: 453bhp
Weight: 1400kg
Tyre Restrictions: Sports Medium
Vehicle Tuning: Unrestricted
Skid Recovery Force: Off
Driving Line: Off
Traction Control: Off
Active Steering: Off
ABS: Off or 1
ASM: Off
Transmission: MT/AT

Great practice session tonight, lots of fun. I havnt made many changes to the car , but it feels so much better at Motegi than it did at the previous 2 tracks. Looking forward to Sundays races. 👍👍👍

Yesterdays practice was really good. Difference in lap times is there but races should be very dramatic. Very close and packed with some good moves, I'm sure. Let's see what happens on today's practice first, starting in a few minutes.

CPT. Disaster...........2:04.545
Goodwolf..................2:04.822
GT Flaw....................2:05.030
paulmac2k9..............2:05.5xx
GTP_ADE..................2:05.600
Cobani......................2:05.642

Practice will be on Friday and Saturday, after 20:00 GMT (9pm BST). I'll keep you posted.

Round 4: Road Course Twin Motegi - 29th September 2013

Event Format
Practice: 18:45GMT (7:45pm BST) start, 15 minutes long

Qualifying 1: 19:00GMT start, 15 minutes long
Race 1: 19:15GMT (about 37 minutes)

Qualifying 2: 20:00GMT start, 15 minutes long
Race 2: 20:15GMT (about 37 minutes)

Event Settings
Laps: 18
Start Type: Grid with False Start Check
Grid Order: Fastest First
Boost: No
Penalty: No
Race Finish Delay: 140 sec
Mechanical Damage: Light
Slipstream Strength: Weak
Tyre/Fuel Depletion: Normal
Grip Reduction: Real

Regulation Settings
Power: 453bhp
Weight: 1400kg
Tyre Restrictions: Sports Medium
Vehicle Tuning: Unrestricted
Skid Recovery Force: Off
Driving Line: Off
Traction Control: Off
Active Steering: Off
ABS: Off or 1
ASM: Off
Transmission: MT/AT

See you online.

CPT. Disaster...........2:04.545
paulmac2k9..............2:05.5xx
GTP_ADE..................2:05.600
Cobani......................2:05.642

Im not gonna make tonights practice after a long day at work. Looking forward to the races tomorrow. Had a quick look through the replays, and noticed that I did get a 2:05.554. Every split second counts, :sly:

Ade I probably didn't wait for the game to corect the time before posting the best lap.

Thats OK mate. That time was from the race before I got the 2:06, so it wouldnt have shown then anyway. It was in the race that I went on to win after getting past Capt, and Geordie on the last lap. I liked that. 👍👍

Last edited:

New times posted. See you tonight.

LongbowX................2:04.266
CPT. Disaster............2:04.490
GTP_ADE..................2:05.554
paulmac2k9.............2:05.5xx
Cobani.....................2:05.642

Last edited:
Hi Goodwolf! Ade has pointed me in the direction of this series - I was wondering if there would be space on the grid for me to join later for tonight's races?

Cheers,
Kev

Hi Goodwolf! Ade has pointed me in the direction of this series - I was wondering if there would be space on the grid for me to join later for tonight's races?

Cheers,
Kev

Yes there is space.

Great fun races tonight. Some great battles, but my highlight was the final laps of race 2. Fantastic battle with Geordie as we both struggled with very worn tyres. Side by side as we came up the high speed right hander before the left right chicane. Awesome. 👍👍

Yes, tonight was awesome!

Great racing by all and congratulations to Gary for the win in race 1. Brillant battle we had there! 👍

Thanks all (and to Goodwolf for organising this), had some fun races tonight. Was ultimately a little off the pace as it was my first time in the car (apart from 20mins practice before the event), but I enjoyed some tussles with fellow racers over the first few laps in both races. :)

GTP_ADE
Great fun races tonight. Some great battles, but my highlight was the final laps of race 2. Fantastic battle with Geordie as we both struggled with very worn tyres. Side by side as we came up the high speed right hander before the left right chicane. Awesome. 👍👍

Had a blast mate, took over half the race to catch up after a bit of a donkey start but those last few laps were worth the wait.

I'm glad all of you had fun. For me it was really great to see how everyone started the race very patiently and waited for openings to make a move. It's always fun to race with real Gentleman.

Jammy welcome once again, and to bad you didn't have more practice to battle with Ade and myself all the way till the end.

Latest Posts

Back