The Things That Annoy You

• Thread starter ScottPuss20
  • 2,219 comments
It just carries over from when Kaz had a run in GT3, GT Academy winners in GT3 cars and GT3 are the most popular GT racing. I understand it being the main series in GT SPORT and GT7. Just spread the love evenly.
There are multiclass GT League in GT Sport. Transfer that to GT7.

LOVE the spotter and engineer in ACC and PC2. With all the Rupert and Sarah dialogue. Kaz/PD could surely add a voice over for an engineer option.

Last thing hat constantly annoys me. Sport Mode get the tyre branding(yes, I'll forever whinge about it). Drives me up the wall that this GT partner doesn't get used outside of Sport Mode.

Last edited:
A few things that annoy me about the livery editor:
1. You can't place decals on the edges of the windshield. Everytime I try doing that, the decal gets cutoff.
2. This one, I can't quite explain easily, but I don't like how shape decals become...disorted when applied to certain parts of a car. For example, if I stretch a square decal, it won't stay straight across the front end. It'll curve down depending on the height I have it in for some reason.
3. When adding decals to the sides of a rear wing, they bleed across the top of the wing even though I didn't apply it there.

Here's something that annoys the crap out of me, PD's broken penalty system in Sport mode. And the fact that when the dirty drivers ram into the lower skilled drivers they don't get punished but when we break the rules, we end up getting the brunt of the penalties.

Last edited:
GT7 needs to make better use of the Safety cars, why have them if they in the game apart from collecting them, if they dont help us start off a race or help when there is yellow flag incident in race mode, this would greatly help the dog aweful penalty system stop from be such a d***head to many of us racing players and avoid frustration. I dunno just a thought I had. :D

A few things that annoy me about the livery editor:
1. You can't place decals on the edges of the windshield. Everytime I try doing that, the decal gets cutoff.
2. This one, I can't quite explain easily, but I don't like how shape decals become...disorted when applied to certain parts of a car. For example, if I stretch a square decal, it won't stay straight across the front end. It'll curve down depending on the height I have it in for some reason.
3. When adding decals to the sides of a rear wing, they bleed across the top of the wing even though I didn't apply it there.
I’ll help you.

1. Yeah sorry no fix for that, the windshield banner has some borders (not sure all cars have it though)

2. If I want a bold stripe to go all around the car, I select my decal, apply it, stretch the width the entire length of the car. You’ll notice it only goes so far. You then have to go all the way to the left in the options (size, colour, duplicate and then the far left one, maybe it’s called camera angle?) Anyway that’s the one, in there go full limit angle and full depth, both to 10, then change the camera angle to the one it’s not normally on. Sorry I don’t know the names I just got playing around with the things in there and figured out what they do. But with this settings, the stripe will wrap all the way around the entire vehicle. No need to duplicate symmetrically or anything.

3. Again, camera angle. Limit angle or depth angle, go to the negative side on these two until the bleed disappears and you still have your decal fully showing on the side.

Maybe watch a GT Jesse tutorial on YouTube. He explains a lot of this stuff. He also explains how you should angle a car before applying a decal for it to do certain things. Good luck.

Added photos, projection range it’s called, camera angle, limit, depth.

Camera angle, one of them, the decal curves down, the other it doesn’t. Limit is how far the decal wraps around into nooks and crannies. Depth is how far the decal wrapped around the car. So if you get bleed, reduce one or the other or both. You gotta play around with it a little. For the wings I usually limit angle by 1 or 2 if that almost gets it then I start reducing depth until the bleed is gone.

Attachments

• IMG_6757.png
    IMG_6757.png
    52.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6758.png
    IMG_6758.png
    46.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Another stupid feature/flop in GT7, cant remeber if someone did say this, but why cant we change the colour of the AI race cars in custom races.

I dont want to buy 50 of the same bloody car to just have a varied assortment of racecars in my custom built race. It's a simple patch yet PD dont do it, they see it as an oversight I guess.

ZEE
Another stupid feature/flop in GT7, cant remeber if someone did say this, but why cant we change the colour of the AI race cars in custom races.

I dont want to buy 50 of the same bloody car to just have a varied assortment of racecars in my custom built race. It's a simple patch yet PD dont do it, they see it as an oversight I guess.
I probably said that. Should be able to buy two cars. Create 15 different liveries and apply different liveries to each car instead of owning 15 of the exact same car just to have 15 different liveries. Also that way you could tune just two cars to match, as in tune the AI’s faster to make it competitive.

I have a lot of good ideas for this game, if they’d only use some of them. Lol

I hate the clutch simulation or lack of, combined with the poor grip simulation of tyres from a standing start...

Additionally today I found out I don't like how simple the game deals with "running out of fuel" like at least give me some kind of realism here... the car shouldn't just be limited to 50mph. They didn't even try to simulate an engine losing fuel.

I hate the clutch simulation or lack of, combined with the poor grip simulation of tyres from a standing start...

Additionally today I found out I don't like how simple the game deals with "running out of fuel" like at least give me some kind of realism here... the car shouldn't just be limited to 50mph. They didn't even try to simulate an engine losing fuel.
Clutch simulation or lack of… exactly, it’s a neutral switch in this game haha.

The shifting animation is delayed for sure.

Tire grip could be improved. I don’t want grippier tires, I want the car give me some warning when it breaks loose, some cars you feel it slip and you’re done for. Maybe it’s not a tire grip issue but a specific car physics issue. Because it doesn’t do that in every car.

I remember in high school, a friend and I raced down this long service road. First time I hooked up and wasted him. He wanted to go again, I accidentally broke the tires loose, man I had a heck of a time trying to get traction. So I’m not sure it’s completely unrealistic. I wasn’t in a ridiculously fast car either.

Tire grip could be improved. I don’t want grippier tires, I want the car give me some warning when it breaks loose, some cars you feel it slip and you’re done for. Maybe it’s not a tire grip issue but a specific car physics issue. Because it doesn’t do that in every car.

I remember in high school, a friend and I raced down this long service road. First time I hooked up and wasted him. He wanted to go again, I accidentally broke the tires loose, man I had a heck of a time trying to get traction. So I’m not sure it’s completely unrealistic. I wasn’t in a ridiculously fast car either.
The more grip the tires have the more dramatic the loss of grip is. Think like rubbing your hand against a surface. If your hand sticks well then it takes more force before breaking loose, but once it does the larger force pushes your hand much further suddenly instead of sliding gradually.

It's why I sometimes prefer sport tires over slicks when driving tuned up road cars with lower downforce in the game. The handling is a lot more predictable and forgiving.

Last edited:
The more grip the tires have the more dramatic the loss of grip is. Think like rubbing your hand against a surface. If your hand sticks well then it takes more force before breaking loose, but once it does the larger force pushes your hand much further suddenly instead of sliding gradually.

It's why I sometimes prefer sport tires over slicks when driving tuned up road cars with lower downforce in the game. The handling is a lot more predictable and forgiving.
I guess I was more or less thinking of the 917k around some high speed corners, sometimes it just feels like a giant suddenly kicked the back end of your car out on you. Zero warning, really difficult to save it. We’re not in motion rigs and our equilibrium isn’t at work so we need something to let us know.

Maybe the wheel or GT7 doesn’t give the info fast enough? I do know it’s different on controller, I had a pretty difficult e type jag tune, wrestling the wheel around the entire track, for fun I ran a lap with the controller… night and day, it wasn’t even comparable. Saved it. Saved it. Saved it. Saved it. With the wheel it was spin out until I start to drive like I just out for a Sunday drive.

To me, they don’t have something quite right there yet.

You mean the game should be able to read your mind, know exactly when you're going to shift, place the driver's hand on the shifter and move it in advance on the exact precise moment so that by the time you hit the upshift button it's already going through the movement and finishes it on the exact moment the clutch is closed again. And make it happen in every single case, including when you suddenly decide to shift 2000 rpm before redline, and when you want another downshift at full throttle when already exiting a corner.

In other words: not going to happen. It can only react to what you do.

You mean the game should be able to read your mind, know exactly when you're going to shift, place the driver's hand on the shifter and move it in advance on the exact precise moment so that by the time you hit the upshift button it's already going through the movement and finishes it on the exact moment the clutch is closed again. And make it happen in every single case, including when you suddenly decide to shift 2000 rpm before redline, and when you want another downshift at full throttle when already exiting a corner.

They could 100% fix this in replays though. A bit of coding would easily allow them to correctly animate the gear change becuase they do exactly when you’re going to change gear

Pit lane penalty. After waiting for the boring pit animation, the camera switches and control is returned. I focused my attention on the left side to avoid being hit by the blind AI and returned to the main straight. Oh, I got 3 seconds penalty!

Of course, the one at fault was me who ignored the pit lane and headed back down the straight.
However, I feel that it is a little difficult to judge pit lane penalties on the spot when one is distracted by other things such as camera changes or collisions with other cars.

I wish there was a HUD assist that would show the pit lane lines players shouldn't cross with yellow markers.

Last edited:
When PD cannot get permissions to use historical liveries for their cars and have to fake it BADLY...
18e64a2c22b2-dcc18152E266106780F.315B375F96579043_message_438037590162637_1711084336572.jpg

Shame on you PD.

Last edited:

Fair enough bit it is delayed. I was driving the Guilia and realizing it because somebody pointed it out. I wasn’t complaining, I was agreeing with another person that they are indeed delayed by a fair amount. The driver in the guilia shifts very slow and casually. But the replays are one area they could sync it up. Doesn’t bother me too much, there are bigger fish to fry than that.

But on that topic, in the guilia, the drivers hand is already on the shifter, you shift, it switched gear and then the animation starts.

I wouldn't say the tire simulation is entirely realistic. I'd just say it's a compromise and still a work in progress. The kind of compromise you need to make when the game has to run on Not just a Ps5 but a PS4 too. This meaning some cars will handle better than others. If they find a way to squeeze more power out of the game engine, then they could in theory add more detail to the tire model, which would end up smoothing out some of the handling differences between cars, lending to a more progressive feel. Like you said, not every car handles oddly. I'd expect cars in GT7 to handle even better by the time GT8 releases. I'd guess they would polish up the tire model a bit more by then.

Edit: And a new thing that annoys me: On off-track sections you can dig your wheels into the dirt by launching it but you never stay there too long as the game decides it's better for you to get up once you start moving. Would've been cooler to have more interaction with the particles and whatnot being buried in but it's a compromise that works I suppose.

Last edited:
the only thing, that still annoyes me so much, is the whole game breaking down, when I try to shoot a race photo...

Has been there from the start(PS$), nver went...

There HAS to be a better way to execute the changing weather patterns in longer races:
  • I'm coming up on pit lane, this is my lap to pit
  • The radar shows only the faint light blue rain
  • I decide to do a fuel only stop (or a new set of slicks) because all I could see was light rain (yes even at 50mi zoom)
  • While I'm in the pits, one of those signature French monsoon rain storms immediately pops up
  • Of course I didn't see this monsoon coming because the radar disappeared and I could only stare at my crew waiting for my car to arrive for 30 seconds
  • I then spend the entire Mulsanne straight going 40mph, making donuts, or both

So the questions are:
1) If I can afford this 10 person crew for pit stops, surely I can afford a race engineer to help make a strategy call?

2) if a race's weather changed so drastically that cars immediately started hydroplaning into steel guardrails, surely today's race marshals would call for a safety car or a red flag, right?

3) Even if 1 and 2 aren't implementable, is there a good reason why I can't view the radar up until the last possible moment I can select tires? As opposed to deciding 30 seconds before an approaching tropical storm moving at 30 miles a minute?

Last edited:
There HAS to be a better way to execute the changing weather patterns in longer races:
  • I'm coming up on pit lane, this is my lap to pit
  • The radar shows only the faint light blue rain
  • I decide to do a fuel only stop (or a new set of slicks) because all I could see was light rain (yes even at 50mi zoom)
  • While I'm in the pits, one of those signature French monsoon rain storms immediately pops up
  • Of course I didn't see this monsoon coming because the radar disappeared and I could only stare at my crew waiting for my car to arrive for 30 seconds
  • I then spend the entire Mulsanne straight going 40mph, making donuts, or both

So the questions are:
1) If I can afford this 10 person crew for pit stops, surely I can afford a race engineer to help make a strategy call?

2) if a race's weather changed so drastically that cars immediately started hydroplaning into steel guardrails, surely today's race marshals would call for a safety car or a red flag, right?

3) Even if 1 and 2 aren't implementable, is there a good reason why I can't view the radar up until the last possible moment I can select tires? As opposed to deciding 30 seconds before an approaching tropical storm moving at 30 miles a minute?
Man can the weather come in quick. On the one weekly at High Speed Ring… on lap 2 pretty much right around turn 3, total downpour, the entire track was almost completely underwater as I came out of the tunnel.

Myself and all of the AI were just doing slow pirouette’s trying to get into the pits. I’m convinced the rain is more ice than rain. I pretty much couldn’t touch the throttle at all. As in I was almost standing still and couldn’t get going with even 1/8 throttle. I think that’s completely unrealistic but who knows. But

I agree the weather seems to change at the snap of a finger. Which can happen in real life but still, no red flags or nothing, just good luck hope you don’t spin out.

Trying to load up the game on my PS4 to unleash the Beat upon Daytona ahead of the update,(I want many GT Ones) and already the game has crashed or frozen three times before getting to the race menu. The disparity between how the game runs on the PS4 and PS5 is astounding. I understand poor performance and graphics during gameplay, but the number of times it just gets hung up on menus is wild.

Myself and all of the AI were just doing slow pirouette’s trying to get into the pits. I’m convinced the rain is more ice than rain. I pretty much couldn’t touch the throttle at all. As in I was almost standing still and couldn’t get going with even 1/8 throttle. I think that’s completely unrealistic but who knows.
I used to think it's stupidly overdone, until I watched last year's Le Mans. Turns out it's every bit as bad in real life.

I used to think it's stupidly overdone, until I watched last year's Le Mans. Turns out it's every bit as bad in real life.

Perhaps, hydroplaning is real especially with slicks! But for me it’s not like I was even driving 30mph and it felt like I was on ice. Spun out, could hardly even creep along. You’re telling me the weight of the car isn’t enough and the slicks are just hydroplaning at 15-20mph? Idk I just find that hard to believe but who knows I guess.

Perhaps, hydroplaning is real especially with slicks! But for me it’s not like I was even driving 30mph and it felt like I was on ice. Spun out, could hardly even creep along. You’re telling me the weight of the car isn’t enough and the slicks are just hydroplaning at 15-20mph? Idk I just find that hard to believe but who knows I guess.
I know nothing on the subject, so take this with a grain of salt but I think the effect of wet tarmac is much more pronounced with Racing grade tyres. I personally find road cars using Sports or Comfort tyres to be impacted in a much more realistic, 'expected' way.

Why is the wind speed measure in feet per second? We don't measure speed in feet per second, we use miles per hour.
and if you will notice that the "storms" will not travel in same direction of the wind, that little bit would help in predicting what direction the weather will come in the weather radar

Back