The Weather Thread

• Thread starter dbartucci
  • 12,561 comments
boombexus
How'd you get a two line user title? Oh and I have you beat. 47F now.

Who are you talking about?

My Weather -
Temp. - 91°F
UV Index:
blank.gif
7 High
Wind:
blank.gif
From SSW at 10 mph
Humidity:
blank.gif
48%
Pressure:
blank.gif
29.80 in.
blank.gif
down_pressure.gif

Dew Point:
blank.gif
69°F
Visibility:
blank.gif
10.0 miles

Here it is:
Partly Cloudy
88°F
(31°C) Humidity: 57 %
Wind Speed: Vrbl 5 MPH
Barometer: 29.90" (1011.9 mb)
Dewpoint: 71°F (22°C)
Heat Index: 94°F (34°C)
Visibility: 10.00 mi.

We're supposedly going to get several inches from T.S. Arlene, but then again.... However, it's supposed to dry out (but not cool down) next week.

Ev0
It's gonna go up to 40C today with the humidex (~30C without!). We've been going through a big heat wave this week in Toronto, everyone I know is on the verge of melting, but I'm perfectly fine! I can still comfortably wear jeans!

Agreed. It is now 40 with the humidex in Toronto.

I think we need to bring this back because I have a complaint.

It is warm here, but this severe weather alert is even worse. We have a severe weather alert here until Wed.

Severe Weather Alert from the National Weather Service

...COLUMBIA-DANE-DODGE-FOND DU LAC-GREEN-GREEN LAKE-IOWA-JEFFERSON- KENOSHA-LAFAYETTE-MARQUETTE-MILWAUKEE-OZAUKEE-RACINE-ROCK-SAUK- SHEBOYGAN-WALWORTH-WASHINGTON-WAUKESHA- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF... BARABOO... BEAVER DAM... DARLINGTON... DODGEVILLE... FOND DU LAC... GREEN LAKE... JANESVILLE... JEFFERSON... KENOSHA... LAKE GENEVA... MADISON... MILWAUKEE... MONROE... MONTELLO... PORT WASHINGTON... PORTAGE... RACINE... SHEBOYGAN... WAUKESHA... WEST BEND
... AIR STAGNATION ADVISORY IN EFFECT TONIGHT THROUGH 7 PM CDT WEDNESDAY EVENING...

A STAGNANT WEATHER PATTERN WILL CONTINUE THROUGH WEDNESDAY FOR SOUTH CENTRAL AND SOUTHEAST WISCONSIN. VERY LIGHT WINDS AND A STRONG TEMPERATURE INVERSION ALOFT ARE PREVENTING AIR FROM MIXING... AND POLLUTED AIR IS BEGINNING TO ACCUMULATE NEAR THE GROUND. SMOKE... DUST... GASES... AND EXHAUST WILL CONTINUE TO BUILD THROUGH WEDNESDAY.

A LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM IS EXPECTED TO BRING STRONGER WINDS AND THUNDERSTORMS ON WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON AND WEDNESDAY NIGHT... WHICH WILL IMPROVE AIR QUALITY.

AN AIR STAGNATION ADVISORY IS ISSUED WHEN LIGHT WINDS CAUSED BY A WEAK... STAGNANT WEATHER PATTERN WILL AID IN BUILDING HAZARDOUS AIR. IT IS ADVISED TO REDUCE EMMISSIONS AND CAR POOL WHEN POSSIBLE.

THE NEXT UPDATE ON THIS ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED AT NOON CDT TUESDAY... OR EARLIER IF NEEDED.

We also have a severe thunderstorm warning until that time.

:scared: What the heck is a "stagnant weather pattern"!. OK, I read what it says, but we don't experience something like that here in Oregon.

At least you didn't get earthquakes. I heard big one hit Seattle today. Big one's expected in Portland too, sooner or later. :nervous:

Edit: Sorry! False alarm! I could swear, my local news said something about earthquake in Seattle, but I can't find anything about it on the news or google. :ouch:

We don't get them often, but right now we don't have enough wind, and the air is very thick from the 80 - 90% humidity, so the pollution gets trapped under it, and it doesn't mix with the air. I can't really explain it because I don't really understand. We get about 2 a summer. We treat it like an ozone day.

Absolutely erratic weather around nothern VA-DC....the other day it was 48-53 or so...now it's frickin' 87-92 or so....who knows what the hell's gonna happen next :nervous:

Yay, up here it's about 18-20°C, and it's kinda warm. The sea is about 17°C, which is effin cold, considered that the coldest water you get from your tap is 19°C. :indiff:

25C ish here on't south coast, cold compared to the other days this week :crazy: s'hot fo sho, in the kitchen at work it go so hot the thermometer blew its top :scared: record at work is 62C in kitchen on service :scared:

Joecool593
Absolutely erratic weather around nothern VA-DC....the other day it was 48-53 or so...now it's frickin' 87-92 or so....who knows what the hell's gonna happen next :nervous:

That is how it has been here too. Last week a few days it was 90+, and then it dropped to be 50 - 51, and now it has gone between 70 and 92.

Yes, the advisory is cancelled.

weather.com
Severe Weather Alert from the National Weather Service
blank.gif
blank.gif
...COLUMBIA-DANE-DODGE-FOND DU LAC-GREEN-GREEN LAKE-IOWA-JEFFERSON- KENOSHA-LAFAYETTE-MARQUETTE-MILWAUKEE-OZAUKEE-RACINE-ROCK-SAUK- SHEBOYGAN-WALWORTH-WASHINGTON-WAUKESHA- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF... BARABOO... BEAVER DAM... DARLINGTON... DODGEVILLE... FOND DU LAC... GREEN LAKE... JANESVILLE... JEFFERSON... KENOSHA... LAKE GENEVA... MADISON... MILWAUKEE... MONROE... MONTELLO... PORT WASHINGTON... PORTAGE... RACINE... SHEBOYGAN... WAUKESHA... WEST BEND

... AIR STAGNATION ADVISORY CANCELLED...

OUTFLOW FROM THUNDERSTORMS HAVE MIXED THE AIR OVER MUCH OF SOUTH CENTRAL AND SOUTHEAST WISCONSIN DURING THE EARLY MORNING HOURS. AFTERNOON MIXING SHOULD ALSO ALLOW INVERSION HEIGHTS TO RISE SIGNIFICANTLY. WHILE INVERSIONS MAY TRAP POLLUTANTS OVER PORTIONS OF SOUTHEAST WISCONSIN WITH ANY LAKE BREEZE... WIDESPREAD STAGNATION OVER SOUTH CENTRAL AND MOST OF SOUTHEAST WISCONSIN IS NOT ANTICIPATED. AS A RESULT THE AIR STAGNATION ADVISORY IS CANCELLED. A LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM IS EXPECTED TO BRING STRONGER WINDS AND THUNDERSTORMS ON WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON AND WEDNESDAY NIGHT... WHICH WILL ALSO IMPROVE AIR QUALITY.

Temperature: 85°F
UV Index: 2 Low
Wind: From NW at 7 mph
Humidity: 52%
Pressure: 29.90 in.
Dew Point: 66°F
Visibility: 10.0 miles

The pollen amount is high, and the stagnation and severe thunderstorm warning is over, but more rain is on the way!

Rain, rain and more rain, so its flooded bad again....for the third time, so people who were cleaning up the damage from the last two are probably doing it again.....i'm also probably not going to get to do much biking considering my favorite path is now a river......

...and the thing is, that path goes down a hill, so its probably abot 7 feet deep :nervous:

The sign in the pic says "slow". How many knots? :lol:

It was mid 70's here. Played hoops with bunch of buddies. Perfect weather for that.

Mowed 2 yards today and sweat like none other. Tomorrow I am going to do 3 yards. In 99 degree weather. Without humidity index... :scared:

Rest Of Tonight
Partly cloudy late in the evening then clearing. Lows in the lower 70s. Light and variable winds.
Wednesday
Partly sunny...hot and hazy. Highs in the upper 90s. South winds up to 10 mph.
Wednesday Night
Partly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 70s. South winds 10 to 15 mph.
Thursday
Partly sunny. A chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning. Highs in the upper 80s. West winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of showers and thunderstorms 30 percent.
Thursday Night
Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 60s. North winds 10 to 15 mph.
Friday
Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 80s.
Friday Night
Mostly clear. Lows in the lower 60s.
Saturday
Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 80s.
Saturday Night
Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 60s.
Sunday
Partly sunny. Highs in the upper 80s.
Sunday Night
Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 60s.
Independence Day
Partly sunny. Highs around 90.
Monday Night
Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 60s.
Tuesday
Partly sunny. Highs around 90.

FEELS LIKE 38°C
WIND NW 6 km/h
GUSTS
RELATIVE HUMIDITY 41%
DEWPOINT 17°C
PRESSURE 101.74 kPa
VISIBILITY 14 km
CEILING unlimited

Guelph, Onatario, Canada. HA!

It's four-hundred and fifty degrees fahrenheit right now. Just cool enough to be able to read the newspaper.

It's actually only 91 F right now. Apparently the humidity is 31%, but that seems very low.

It's supposed to be close to perfect tomorrow - 77 F. Ah.

I just went out for a haircut. I think it was in the mid-70's. Very comfortable. :)

I live a couple of hours away from Klos, and it's blazing hot here. If not more humid. while doing some errands, the temp read 95 degrees. Although, it's supposed to be 78 tommrow. Real nice.

LoL :lol: Those temperatures would be graceful here where i live. I'm from the "Sun City" and the weather here normal is above 103 degrees and the other day i think it was 107.

It was actually surprisingly hot today in England.... my shorts had gavered dust but finally its the weather for em :sly:

think it was somin like 28 C not sure wat tht is in F

Gawsh! So many retarded drivers out there. :mad: Now it's like 80 degrees in Portland, Or.

Back