Things that confuse/annoy you

• Thread starter UnkaD
  • 2,195 comments
Google, with some of the most talented designers and programmers on the planet, made a shortcut for copying the contents of entire spreadsheet cells and pasting raw text...

...but no shortcut for copying/extracting hyperlink URLs
Really enjoying the carpal tunnel right now.

Edit; 7.30.23
Discord still does not have screenshare audio support for Linux systems.

Last edited:
Google, with some of the most talented designers and programmers on the planet, made a shortcut for copying the contents of entire spreadsheet cells and pasting raw text...

...but no shortcut for copying/extracting hyperlink URLs.
Really enjoying the carpal tunnel right now.
I’ve been CTRL+Z’ing happily for years, I couldn’t tell you what the shortcut to redo is though.

Also, why not ability to lock items in place, Google? (Slides, I’m looking at you)

And drawn shapes (not external images) cannot have their transparency altered. WTF?

The latest thing to annoy me....
Random men talking to me in Iceland. (Frozen food store for those who don't know it)
It's a flipping food store not a bar:confused::irked:
or have I wandered into a parallel dimension where people go to Iceland to pull?

Random men talking to me in Iceland. (Frozen food store for those who don't know it)
or have I wandered into a parallel dimension where people go to Iceland to pull?

So do you want them to follow you around until
you end up in a bar so they can talk to you there?

Perhaps you wandered in on singles day without knowing it?

Besides, trying to pull in a bar is sooo 1987. You can't blame someone for trying a different approach.

Mums go to Iceland. It’s in the advertising.

Faucet adapters are pretty delicate, huh?

I forgot which direction I screwed it on for my Pur filter, so I tried to get it off with pliers. Completely destroyed the adapter and had to buy a new set (no clue what size it was). Thankfully the delivery will come in tomorrow.

I want to get mad at someone other than myself right now, so... why are these things so small? Its basically impossible to hold onto and turn without tearing the skin off of your hands. If they had used a bit more material so we would have something to grip onto, I probably wouldn’t have done something so stupid :lol:

Edit: So it's here now and I am much happier with the new one. Not nearly as pretty, but so much easier to mount and remove. Not sure why it was decided the user should have nothing to grip onto.

IMG_20230919_132533197.jpg

(Old on the left, new on the right)

Last edited:
A lot of deflections against criticisms used by positivitely biased people.

Big one would "let people enjoy things" when used against criticism. For one, it can easily be reversed to me going "let me hate things" which will then showcase the positive bias but more importantly it comes across as they're looking for approval to enjoy something which if you can't enjoy something because someone doesn't like it then I question how you enjoy it in the first place?

A lot of deflections against criticisms used by positivitely biased people.

Big one would "let people enjoy things" when used against criticism. For one, it can easily be reversed to me going "let me hate things" which will then showcase the positive bias but more importantly it comes across as they're looking for approval to enjoy something which if you can't enjoy something because someone doesn't like it then I question how you enjoy it in the first place?
Would this be in relation to a specific video game that recently had an underwhelming update? ;)

Last edited:
Would this be in relation to a specific video game that recently had an underwhelming update? ;)
I don't know what game you're talking about, so no :lol:

I was in a conversation with some friends about artstyles, I said "I don't like Chibi, the big head in tiny body is ugly" and one of my friends just freaked out over it and deflected hard

Things that annoy me = Virgin Media Customer Service

Been on the phone for 1 hours 45 minutes trying to cancel my package because they wanted to raise the price from £40 to £95 next month (as I am out of contract)

Genuinely unbelievable. This country has gone to 💩

2FA when your work involves an account that someone else has given you the credentials to use.

If you ever get signed out of that account... Good luck. Graveyard shift for you.

When people go "________ is more fun when you don't have someone yelling in your ear that it sucks."

This always comes across to me as insecurity at full effect. Why is people not liking something preventing you from liking something, were you asking for peoples approval to validate your own opinion before? Unless they are actually convincing you in which case that shouldn't be problem and you are on the path of getting better tastes and higher standards.

Last edited:
When people go "________ is more fun when you don't have someone yelling in your ear that it sucks."

This always comes across to me as insecurity at full effect. Why is people not liking something preventing you from liking something, were you asking for peoples approval to validate your own opinion before? Unless they are actually convincing you in which case that shouldn't be problem and you are on the path of getting better tastes and higher standards.

Both statements can be true.

Most everyone feels enabled to enter Complaint Mode quicker than ever before. Truth is, most things don't suck half as bad as the haters, attention-grabbers, show-offs, and detractors say it is.

Everyone has to find a way to kill all that noise sometimes.

Last edited:

It's ingrained into the human psyche to seek approval of "the group". Insecurity is just scratching the surface.

Both statements can be true.

Most everyone feels enabled to enter Complaint Mode quicker than ever before. Truth is, most things don't suck half as bad as the haters, attention-grabbers, show-offs, and detractors say it is.

Everyone has to find a way to kill all that noise sometimes.
But it shouldnt detract you from liking something in the first place, don't have to kill "that noise" unless it was actually convincing you and you want to relapse into ignorance or you were desperate for a groups approval of that thing. If you like something, just like it.

Especially telling that the mentality also works on reverse and I can easily say "_____ is terrible when you don't have people yelling in your ear its amazing".

But it shouldnt detract you from liking something in the first place, don't have to kill "that noise" unless it was actually convincing you and you want to relapse into ignorance or you were desperate for a groups approval of that thing. If you like something, just like it.

And who's to say a majority of people genuinely act this way? Most people don't give up on what they like because of detractors, they just get tired of them or move onto other things out of their own desires.

There's always going to be a few that blame everyone else for their problems.

Last edited:
Thinly veiled misogyny under the guise of preserving merit.

Screenshot_20240207-133245.png

Screenshot_20240207-133304.png

Screenshot_20240207-135211.png

Just prejudiced thinking like this in general. Not just related to sports.

Last edited:
I wonder, are there any rules that disallow women, and for that matter transgender / non binary etc., to become F1 drivers?

If not, what's stopping anyone who is not represented in F1 to simply be amazing fast drivers to work their way up to become F1 drivers?

I'm pretty sure teams would not ditch amazingly fast, reliable and proven drivers simply because they aren't men.

Last edited:
I wonder, are there any rules that disallow women, and for that matter transgender / non binary etc., to become F1 drivers?

If not, what's stopping anyone who is not represented in F1 to simply be amazing fast drivers to work their way up to become F1 drivers?

I'm pretty sure teams would not ditch amazingly fast, reliable and proven drivers simply because they aren't men.
They have denied fast drivers for worse drivers bringing more money (or much worse like Mazepin) or simple Nepotism like Lance Stroll.

There are no rules that prevent women from being in F1, or motorsports in general, just a long history of it being male dominated.

Its one sport, of few, where women could potentially compete with men on equal terms. It just a case of getting more women to consider getting into the sport in the first place. You can only do this by making those who are in it more visible.

Last edited:
This, like many questions regarding the sexes and capability, is a rather major catch-22.

If we encourage ANYONE to participate in a sport that costs MILLIONS to accomplish (really anything) in, everyone loses.

If you have 10 people vying for one seat, that is a competition. If you have 100 for the same.....

Bloodbath is the word that comes to mind....

Sorry to break it to anyone but there's scientific truth to the fact that female drivers are not as capable. That's just physical reality, not misogyny. Almost every other sport in the world is split up between competitor's genders since men and women are capable of different feats based on their biology. It’s a generally accepted fact that a peak male will be stronger than a peak female in most mammalian species.

If a female driver can get to F1 based on skill, that's awesome. I have no issues with that. But mixed-gender sports should never have their standards or barriers to entry lowered to accommodate for one gender over the other. It cheapens things that way.

Sure, if there are social or political barrier preventing women from moving up, do your best to remove those. But lowering performance barriers and giving preferential treatment for the sake of artificial diversity isn't the way to go.

Last edited:
There is a known truth that women (more often than not, not saying every single time this is true) tend to be less physically capable than men.

Then there is risk taking, which was mentioned above.

There simply aren't that many women that get interested in sports to begin with, not to mention racing in general, for the opportunities to show themselves.

It's awesome when they can and they do, then do well. But I wonder if this argument is about that to begin with.

I thought this was a GT7 forum, got so confused for a sec

anywho what annoys me is how now youtube search engine is worse than google search.. Google search wasn't good to begin with..

Last edited by a moderator:
When people pull up and park at the gas pump and then go inside the convenience store for 15+ min before coming back out to pump the gas, all while you're outside waiting patiently, just to have someone else pull into the gas station from the other direction and cut you in line. IF YOU KNOW YOU'RE GOING TO BE INSIDE THAT LONG, PARK SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!

Back