Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 24,784 comments
You should start vetting members or charging an entrance fee @half_sourly
If they find value in what he's doing they could buy the man a coffee! 😉
edit- Should
edit edit - This wasn't pointed at any one person, just a friendly reminder! ✌

Last edited:
I'm sure it's already been mentioned here but it's nice to see that PD have finally fixed the leaderboards in regards to the amount of ghosts that get shared for others to follow.
Previously I found if you weren't in the top 200 it was next to impossible to find a ghost close to your time for it to be of any use.
But from what I see here it doesn't look like many of you have this issue 😜

Managed to drive a bit today. And I am 0.1s into gold. I think that 0.2s are there still there for an easy grab. 0.5 if I get everything right. But it may be difficult. Did some damage to my left hand yesterday during training with a very bad clean and jerk. This lap was done without left thumb helping to grab the wheel and releasing left hand where it was possible. I just had the urge to drive today, it wasn't that bad to be honest :). Hopefully its just a strain, I have an appointment on tuesday.
1000014038.jpg
1000014037.jpg

I'm sure it's already been mentioned here but it's nice to see that PD have finally fixed the leaderboards in regards to the amount of ghosts that get shared for others to follow.
Previously I found if you weren't in the top 200 it was next to impossible to find a ghost close to your time for it to be of any use.
But from what I see here it doesn't look like many of you have this issue 😜
Lol, yeah they waited 2 years though. I wish they had done it sooner cause I could have accessed the replays easier, but it is what it is. I need some coffee to help me stay awake.

Apparently, the all forum is spending some holidays in Brazil with a Brit granny... :odd: I don't judge, I respect your choices guys.

I've decided to come back in Georgia to close this unfinished story with the little playful Austrian girl.

For the record:
Gold: 1.26.305
PB: 1.26.397

This one illustrates perfectly my afternoon:

1713625555292.png

Most of the invalidation (more than 4 on 5) come from the exact same place: the exit of 5th turn

1713625829300.png

Most of the ghosts are also "on the limit" here but when I'm (too?) fast in the Esses, I can't get the car back on the track before the end of the 5th.

Some sweet optimals:
1713625452644.png

1713625488605.png

and finally after +/- 30mns, an improvement:

1713625636916.png

0.002 ... :ouch:

------- Clash of the Titans --------

For those who would like to have fun with a bunch of "friends", here is a sweet opportunity (starting at 7PM CET).

1713626102133.png

If you want to join, you're more than welcome and bring your best Gr.B car with nothing else but snow tyres and your positive attitude. Brits can play with us (we don't discriminate) but without their Boris Johnson t-shirts.

Lobby - Clash of Titans - reserved for friends (not a public event).

Few laps while the wife fell asleep on the coach.....headphones on and ...Beep...... 🤣

Did Fuiji weekly and the porsche Catalunya and ran some laps on interlagos.

I soooo binned a PB invalidating on the run off on the right on before the straight 💩🙈🙈🤣🤣🤣

But still managed some progression from 1:33.580 to 1:33.563 🤣🤣

1000019286.jpg

Here you go. Worth checking with @Nebuc72 if his was a controller or wheel time.

OK I have checked now, with small disclaimer since I am using excel on phone and I don't think everything is 100% correct but it's pretty near so currently we have small wheel advantage , approximately 55% wheel vs 45% controller, that's from our leaderboard and those who got gold on interlagos.

Few laps while the wife fell asleep on the coach.....headphones on and ...Beep...... 🤣

Did Fuiji weekly and the porsche Catalunya and ran some laps on interlagos.

I soooo binned a PB invalidating on the run off on the right on before the straight 💩🙈🙈🤣🤣🤣

But still managed some progression from 1:33.580 to 1:33.563 🤣🤣

View attachment 1348494
Lol, she fell asleep while her headphones were on? Was she tired or drunk?

Apparently, the all forum is spending some holidays in Brazil with a Brit granny... :odd: I don't judge, I respect your choices guys.

I've decided to come back in Georgia to close this unfinished story with the little playful Austrian girl.

For the record:
Gold: 1.26.305
PB: 1.26.397

This one illustrates perfectly my afternoon:

View attachment 1348471

Most of the invalidation (more than 4 on 5) come from the exact same place: the exit of 5th turn

View attachment 1348473

Most of the ghosts are also "on the limit" here but when I'm (too?) fast in the Esses, I can't get the car back on the track before the end of the 5th.

Some sweet optimals:
View attachment 1348466

View attachment 1348467

and finally after +/- 30mns, an improvement:

View attachment 1348472

0.002 ... :ouch:

------- Clash of the Titans --------

For those who would like to have fun with a bunch of "friends", here is a sweet opportunity (starting at 7PM CET).

View attachment 1348476

If you want to join, you're more than welcome and bring your best Gr.B car with nothing else but snow tyres and your positive attitude. Brits can play with us (we don't discriminate) but without their Boris Johnson t-shirts.

Lobby - Clash of Titans - reserved for friends (not a public event).
Bummed I missed this!!! My favorite track in the game.

@Pesselles I'd have to check on your replay, but if you're having an uneasy time with T5 (that's what I understood) I'd say that most likely you're breaking a little bit late before it.

The breaking point is just (really just) when the curb on your right starts it's one of those "break earlier than you think" cases.

Break, hold it just a tiny milisecond more than you usually feel like, release and turn. Aim for the curb on your left as you turn. The car should get a wide line and open just right to be in the track limits as you go.

Also, try to break with 2 wheels on the curb taking all space you need to turn and exit.

Sounds a lot, I know but (for me at least) everything there was all about the right points.

I'll glady check on your replay when I get online at at GT7.

Edit: consider CSA strong, if you're not using it already.

Last edited:
Finally got a run at Road Atlanta. What a great combo!

Back into my normal routine of Day 1 with no guides or ghosts. Felt nice to get Gold in one stint compared to the McLaren that took 4 days.

View attachment 1347857View attachment 1347858

Tomorrow or Saturday, I'll watch some replays and a lap guide to see how I might be able to improve.

The Jag looks like it could be fun, too. So probably not going to try to get super deep into Gold at RA.
I'm looking forward to the Road Atlanta TT. It's encouraging that maybe it's easier to get gold because I might only have time for 1 or 2 stints.

With the McLaren I only had 2 stints and wound up just short of gold... very frustrating, but c'est la vie. :)

I've been having my CSA set to weak, I wonder if I should switch to strong. I don't know if that will make the car more stable and exit the corners more quickly and smoothly.

@luv2drive I think the Suzuka (Mclaren VGT) challenge was the hardest for most people, because only a few hundred people earned it. 130R kept killing everyone's lap.

@Pesselles I'd have to check on your replay, but if you're having an uneasy time with T5 (that's what I understood) I'd say that most likely you're breaking a little bit late before it.

The breaking point is just (really just) when the curb on your right starts it's one of those "break earlier than you think" cases.

Break, hold it just a tiny milisecond more than you usually feel like, release and turn. Aim for the curb on your left as you turn. The car should get a wide line and open just right to be in the track limits as you go.

Also, try to break with 2 wheels on the curb taking all space you need to turn and exit.

Sounds a lot, I know but (for me at least) everything there was all about the right points.

Obrigado my friend, I'll try to apply your smart advices tomorrow and I'll let you know !!

I would even go further on the braking before T5. I was even more on the right. Not having 2 tires on the curb but in the grass. I find the KTM at Road Atlanta accelerates and breaks very good even with two tires on the grass.

So for example on my way to T5 i was very right, right tires completely in the green. If you brake like that the car automatically steers a bit to the left (my feeling) and you get an early and good turn in and i got both left tires in the grass on the T5 apex too accelerate out of the corner soon without even having to risk everything on the right side exit of the corner.

But i have to say i didn't even get it right every third time.

I would even go further on the braking before T5. I was even more on the right. Not having 2 tires on the curb but in the grass. I find the KTM at Road Atlanta accelerates and breaks very good even with two tires on the grass.

So for example on my way to T5 i was very right, right tires completely in the green. If you brake like that the car automatically steers a bit to the left (my feeling) and you get an early and good turn in and i got both left tires in the grass on the T5 apex too accelerate out of the corner soon without even having to risk everything on the right side exit of the corner.

But i have to say i didn't even get it right every third time.
Yes Alex, I think I don't have the perfect line and I should turn a bit too late, or too fast (dunno), and most of the time, I'm out of the track limits at the end of T5. Not much out the track but just enough to be unable to avoid the red flag :banghead::nervous:

I must fix this urgently to enter the gold mine (and join my my friends).

Yes Alex, I think I don't have the perfect line and I should turn a bit too late, or too fast (dunno), and most of the time, I'm out of the track limits at the end of T5. Not much out the track but just enough to be unable to avoid the red flag :banghead::nervous:

I must fix this urgently to enter the gold mine (and join my my friends).
You can get it done. As I said, in my humble opinion and based on my limited skills, it is about the right positions. There's not different gears or throttle or break half way inputs to play with. Unlike that damn Fuji sector 3.

Also if I may add, even though it's "esses" we try to get the car in straight line as much as possible.

I find (and I'm quick but not super fast at RA) that as long as you can get the car pointed out the corner you can pretty much nail the throttle it is pointed where you want to go and the highest gear you can use that still is in the turbo efficiency curve you can rocket out of corners even while sliding. Point and shoot. It likes rowdy to a point.

Back