Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 24,826 comments
This is what I did in the space of about 20 minutes:
View attachment 1350090
I’ll be having another crack tomorrow but it’s good to have a VGT that actually handles instead of acting up at critical points of the circuit.
FWIW....at less this car is predictable. It just understeer regardless of what you do to it.

Trail braking? Understeer.
Add power? Understeer.
Having dirty thoughts about some pretty girl you saw online? Understeer.

Last edited:
lol...oh that's interesting. They should tune the system up some. :lol:
I don't know if there's some combo of the three going on, but it definitely brakes a bit harder when the air brakes pop up.

Interestingly, Bloodhound SSC does something similar. It just uses air resistance to drop from (the theoretical) 1000mph to 800mph, which is something daft like 3G of just air resistance, then the air brakes deploy and feed in to keep the deceleration rate constant until 600mph. After that it's parachute #1, then parachute #2, and it finally uses friction brakes at a mere 200mph. And they're steel brakes.

That car is awful 😂 The brakes feel like they are from a 1950s beetle 🤣🙈
But the worst thing is the 'sound'. Feels like beeing at the dentist 💀

If I can get into gold that quickly without watching any ghosts and just going I know that times will drop significantly 😒

18f15ac8f3b29-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
That car is awful 😂 The brakes feel like they are from a 1950s beetle 🤣🙈
But the worst thing is the 'sound'. Feels like beeing at the dentist 💀
What about defining our own TT in every "VGT-week" ?

Perhaps with something crazy like a real car with brakes and a combustion engine emitting a sound different from a KitchenAid and something like gears (to avoid that paddles at our wheels collect dust)?

It would be so lovely if my post would be off topic...
But it isn't 😭

Cheers
Martin

Good enough for now I think although I'm sure I've got a few more tenths in it, only about a dozen or so laps turned thus far. Driving a car with only 1 gear will take away some of the complexities in this one as you won't have to worry about shift points, just keep the thing on the line. Fortunately this thing does have some insane grip.

IMG_2929.JPG

Last edited:
While everyone seems to be testing out the new VGT, I'm still in the Jaaaaag.

Day 2 and I've watched Tidgney's lap guide and watched the WR lap for reference. Made some adjustments to my own approach and only focusing on this TT right now.

Good results, I found a little over half a second from by best yesterday. I might be able to get a 1:33, but it's too early to tell.

18f161a0c762-screenshotUrl.jpg
18f161a234147-screenshotUrl.jpg

What about defining our own TT in every "VGT-week" ?

Perhaps with something crazy like a real car with brakes and a combustion engine emitting a sound different from a KitchenAid and something like gears (to avoid that paddles at our wheels collect dust)?

It would be so lovely if my post would be off topic...
But it isn't 😭

Cheers
Martin
I'd say we've come a long way in this franchise, where we can actually tell combustion engines apart from household appliances such as blenders and vacuum cleaners. Good thing there weren't (m)any EVs around in GT1 to GT5.

Haven't tried the new Skoda yet. Eager to see how good the brakrs really are. Hope I can cope with the special VGT handling and at least gold this one, unlike old Mac @suzuka :/

Last edited:
Just had a thought, maybe bad maybe good? Players getting in the top 100 should get 20M in-game credits bonus.
It'll never be me, but it would be a good incentive for more people to try harder. Maybe top 500 could get 5M credits, etc.
Kind of like the F1 points system for race results or something like that. 🤔

BWX
Just had a thought, maybe bad maybe good? Players getting in the top 100 should get 20M in-game credits bonus.
It'll never be me, but it would be a good incentive for more people to try harder. Maybe top 500 could get 5M credits, etc.
Kind of like the F1 points system for race results or something like that. 🤔
Nice idea. I'd rather they either remove the Cr.100m limit or allow Cr. gifting. I've been on Cr.100m for many many months and the TT credits don't get added because it can't. I'd be happy to give away what I don't need to someone who wants it.

Nice idea. I'd rather they either remove the Cr.100m limit or allow Cr. gifting. I've been on Cr.100m for many many months and the TT credits don't get added because it can't. I'd be happy to give away what I don't need to someone who wants it.
Yeah I just got platinum trophy and have most cars in game but not all.. Haven't considered what happens next. I guess at that point credits are kind of meaningless. PD should definitely fix that!

They really should increase the limit to 1 billion credits, still I think 100M is not enough. That way you could buy up to 100 expensive cars at one time if it's possible in the game.

@BWX that was a good suggestion, I never really thought of that much before. I mean it didn't come to my mind.

Last edited:
Thursday even is Nokia evening 😁🤣🤣
And like all you guys make my first meters in the dyson power sucker ...
Ok it understeers like a lawnmower on steroïds if you even watch the pedal and the first few laps created some real intrusive thoughts... but after a few laps I did kind of began to appreciate it and the exits are rather satisfying when you nail them.... lots of squaring of and move along with the DS5 trying to rotate it 🤣

But it definitely not as bad as I thought it would be 🤣

not a bad start

1000019501.jpg

Back