Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 24,851 comments
Please can one of our benevolent alien overlords smash the current world record. I’m too close to 3% at the moment to let it stand at another silver, but I really don’t want to keep driving this “car”.

IMG_4271.jpeg

3.15 on one TT and 3.12 on the other - the gold is teasing me.

Last edited:
I'll be forced to buy this new VGT, and maybe tune it up some. Even though PD might not allow it. Watkins is relatively familiar to me, so I should be able to get a solid silver here in this challenge.
Why would you be "forced" to buy it? And what good would modifying it do? I don't think most of the VGTs are capable of being modified anyway.

I wouldn't bother unless you've got millions of credits burning a hole in your pocket.

:D
Sorry Lebron James GIF by Uninterrupted

I doubt I will spend a lot of time here however, so you have a very good chance of overtaking me ;)

Btw just realised that the friend boards don't offer replays anymore 😱 ... was this discussed already?

Why would you be "forced" to buy it?
So that you can show your disdain for this toy car by sporting the only livery appropriate for it ;)

1714083139141.png

Last edited:
Once again, I'll see you folks next week. VGT's don't do it for me. Good luck all!
Quoting myself and taking back what I said. After watching Tidge's video this morning and hearing him say that the pad seemed good enough, I had to try it. After just 5 laps I'm looking good for Bronze which is what I thought I wouldn't even reach with a VGT.Hope it holds. So kill me now. :crazy::ouch:
Gran Turismo® 7_20240425152911 by 2cam16, on Flickr

Please can one of our benevolent alien overlords smash the current world record. I’m too close to 3% at the moment to let it stand at another silver, but I really don’t want to keep driving this “car”.

View attachment 1350193
3.15 on one TT and 3.12 on the other - the gold is teasing me.
Jeddah hasn't had a go yet, so you may be in "luck."

35.622. Done and dusted, won't be going back. Good thing I like the Glen, made it more palatable.

Last edited:
Hi people!

Small update here, I tried both trials for the first time today; firstly the Skoda. the Skoda the Skoda the Skoda. Blimey, I agree with just about everything that had already been said; I didn’t set a single clean lap in this monstrosity! I won’t discredit it completely as in previous VGT TT’s I’ve enjoyed them once I’ve understood them but yeah, first impressions aren’t good. How is this thing only 1300kg!? It feels like it weighs about 4 tons and the view from the cockpit in VR literally feels like you’re steering a canal boat round Watkins Glen. Ugh. I’ll revisit later but for now it’s all about the Jaaaaag

First go, it’s a bit of a handful the Shaguar! Of course I went garish and hideously British 😎 the technical middle sector is really tough but after 50 miles I started to figure it all out. I don’t know how much time I have to commit to it and it isn’t quite as well matched as the X-Bow at RA but it has its charms. What a SOUND compared to that diabolical Skoda!

IMG_6625.jpeg

IMG_6626.jpeg

Agh. This thing plows like a dump truck. At least it's predictable. Is it possible to get through the esses full throttle with a controller? Because I couldn't make it through the left hander up there without a slight lift. I could see wheel players having definite advantage. Anyway, not a horrible first run, but I lost a couple of tenths in the final sector. :irked:
IMG_3095.jpg

Last edited:
FWIW....at less this car is predictable. It just understeer regardless of what you do to it.

Trail braking? Understeer.
Add power? Understeer.
Having dirty thoughts about some pretty girl you saw online? Understeer.
The understeer isn't that bad. I've driven cars that are much, much worse.
That car is awful 😂 The brakes feel like they are from a 1950s beetle 🤣🙈
But the worst thing is the 'sound'. Feels like beeing at the dentist 💀
The "sound" is one of my favourite things about the car. Driving something completely silent is really weird.
While everyone seems to be testing out the new VGT, I'm still in the Jaaaaag.

Day 2 and I've watched Tidgney's lap guide and watched the WR lap for reference. Made some adjustments to my own approach and only focusing on this TT right now.

Good results, I found a little over half a second from by best yesterday. I might be able to get a 1:33, but it's too early to tell.

View attachment 1350143
Oh look, another horrible livery. I don't understand why you'd want to desecrate on a big cat like this.
That's rude

After a few laps you can kind of get into a nice flow with this glorified golf cart.. but it's still a steaming pile of 💩!
The more they try to push EVs, the more I hate them.

No aids, weak ABS.. 1:35.949 optimal but probably won't be going back unless I have to.
Gran Turismo® 7_20240425181420.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20240425181409.jpg

Wow, this new TT is harder than I thought. It's not as bad as the Suzuka one but it's still a chore to drive. I did make a colorful livery this time, so I'm ready. You'll be able to see it once I upload my Youtube video later this weekend. However I love the design and look of the new Skoda VGT.

Last edited:
Somehow I don't have enough time and motivation to really dive into the TTs the last 6 weeks or so.
Nevertheless got a gold at RA after about 150km. Kind of annoying, but also quite fun.
Hopped in the rig again for Interlagos on sunday and monday and did around 30km each day, which somehow was enough to be in gold by around 2/100. So propably I have to go there again. I quite like Interlagos and also feeling relatively comfortable with the jaaag, so propably giving it another spin on sunday.
BTW I can't say Jag without thinking of Jeremy Clarkson :D
Yesterday I found 30 minutes of time to try the new TT. 1st impression: oh no, another VGT with way too much power, why PD, why? -But when I stopped complaining, started to drive and got a little feeling for the car... I hate to admit it, but it's actually quite fun and nice too handle. Breaking super early, trying to be damn smooth and boosting out of the corner. Compared to low powered n/a engines, you don't lose tons of time when accelerating a bit too late or having low apex speed. Therefore even on a relatively long, technical circuit like WG with many corners, it doesn't feel too hard getting the yellow medal. I was 2/10s up on gold, which I think will not be enough by far. But I'm definetely looking forward to improve that time as well.
Thanks for your attention :D

Altho i didn't had that much motivation to turn on the Dyson Supadupa-power-sucker this morning but did a stint after i casually had fun with some ferrari's at the ring.

It did handle no better on the big screen compared to the Remote laptop Nokia setup :lol: :lol:
But you gotta give it to them, in a straight line it does go.... :lol:
I now have an image in my had seeing @Dan_Tes in his rig driving mid backstraight yelling...." V1....Rotate! " :lol::lol:

So, i'm def not going to grind this one out, goal is a 34, what should be more then possible because i binned up a -400 this morning on the wall coming up on the straight... , that did hurt a bit :lol::lol:

18f191d831286-screenshotUrl.jpg

Still don't get how you can design your ultimate vison car and come up with a vacumcleaner that understees the way it does.... something goes terribly wrong at those designstudio's ....

Attachments

• 18f191da7453-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18f191da7453-screenshotUrl.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 2
Altho i didn't had that much motivation to turn on the Dyson Supadupa-power-sucker this morning but did a stint after i casually had fun with some ferrari's at the ring.

It did handle no better on the big screen compared to the Remote laptop Nokia setup :lol: :lol:
But you gotta give it to them, in a straight line it does go.... :lol:
I now have an image in my had seeing @Dan_Tes in his rig driving mid backstraight yelling...." V1....Rotate! " :lol::lol:

So, i'm def not going to grind this one out, goal is a 34, what should be more then possible because i binned up a -400 this morning on the wall coming up on the straight... , that did hurt a bit :lol::lol:

View attachment 1350288

Still don't get how you can design your ultimate vison car and come up with a vacumcleaner that understees the way it does.... something goes terribly wrong at those designstudio's ....
Nice time mate!

I drove this monstrosity of a car all for but 5 minutes maximum. The sound of the motors is like white noise and it puts me to sleep :lol:

Its a shame that they have removed all the replays. Was a nice feature to have being able to load a friend's ghost and chase.

Back