Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 24,884 comments
What about defining our own TT in every "VGT-week" ?

Perhaps with something crazy like a real car with brakes and a combustion engine emitting a sound different from a KitchenAid and something like gears (to avoid that paddles at our wheels collect dust)?

It would be so lovely if my post would be off topic...
But it isn't 😭

Cheers
Martin
I support this Idea and thought about a licence test. There are some with time trials over one lap (international B?). Maybe we can surprise PD by attacking one test like IB-1 instead of the VGT-TT?!? Of course there will be no credit reward but most of you have already more 300SL as every were built...

I always thought Tesla drivers had that look on their faces because they were smug, but now I realise they are miserable, having to drive around listening to the drone of a battery.
My little boy came home from nursery the other day and told me "I don't like Harry. He's always crying!". Turns out Harry's dad drives a Model 3, and also looks like a miserable old chap. You might be onto something!

Eergggh....I knew it is going to be another TT with a VGT thingy.

I'm well clear of gold, so hopefully I won't have to come back to this. Love the track, but what an unglorious piece of **** car.

Is it fast?
Yes

Is it fun?
Short answer: No
Long answer: NnnnnnnooooOooooooo

View attachment 1350071

At less I got my money back :boggled:
View attachment 1350072
Money back from where/what? I also would love not to spend 1M for this car! hahahahah

New one is definitely easier than Suzuka. Got a 1:36,7 for now. Of course I'll have to do more to make gold stick.
Ok, this one sticks, i guess. :) A lot of invalid laps but as long as you brake soon enough it steers ok. No engine braking nor gears, so as an AT driver you at least don't have that problem. No TCS, CSA or stability management on this one and controller sensitivity on 5. I'm moving that up to 10 for normal cars after all of your feedback on this setting.
1000017656.jpg

Sorry it's late, 2 videos in 1 day is a lot while also doing my normal job in the day! Would have been out at 5:30pm but had a meeting. If I didn't have the meeting I might have tried for rank 1 but ended up rank 2 for now haha! Hopefully the tips help!

Great video as always, and I see now you started putting markers when to accelerate, very useful and big thanks for that!

I'm back from vacation. Very hard to come home and leave this beautiful corner of nature.
So here we are again with a TT and a VGT !!!!😡😡 pffff !!!! and even more on Watkins Glen !!!! 😡😡 Frankly Polyphony Digital is out of ideas !!!! 😡😡
So is this TT like other TTs with a VGT ? That is to say gloomy and uninteresting ?

I hate this car so much 🤣 Did not expect to struggle that hard with the understeer.
Not sure about the core of the deal 🤔

Skoda pays a load of cash to Sony in order to place a VGT in the game which performs so bad at first contact that everybody hates at least the car?

If I was Mr Skoda, I would like to have my money back 😉

But thank you for the feedback.
I skipped the Suzuka VGT and I will also skip this one 😃

Not sure about the core of the deal 🤔

Skoda pays a load of cash to Sony in order to place a VGT in the game which performs so bad at first contact that everybody hates at least the car?

If I was Mr Skoda, I would like to have my money back 😉

But thank you for the feedback.
I skipped the Suzuka VGT and I will also skip this one 😃
I would recommend to try it for yourself.

I'm not a good/fast driver so me struggling doesn't mean anything other then that my skillset is not high enough to get everything out of that car/track combo 😅

Fresh from having a load of fun in the KTM, enjoying the rasp of the Jag (if not on this track), I fired up the PS5 last night to try the new event. Watkins Glen long course is one of my favorite tracks in the game, but what a disappointment these VGT cars continue to be. 1000+hp is not a substitute for grip, feel, balance and braking capability, especially on RM tires. Gold and quit, with my fingers crossed for next weeks event. Race on :cheers:

Last edited:
Usually I try to work out these TTs on my own, don’t watch guides or use ghosts. Got so frustrated by the Skoda that I relented and watched @Tidgney’s video.

IMG_4278.jpeg

Yeah, should’ve done it earlier. It was the tip to keep tight through the bends and just let the car roll. I was driving it like a normal machine.

Not sure that’ll hold but there is more to
be had - optimum is way way faster

IMG_4277.jpeg

Last edited:
Lol, hey I'm back. I finished eating at almost 6am this morning and then I took a 7 hour nap. Those hamburgers were so good, I put BBQ sauce on them and the fries. Now back to racing at Interlagos. I need to process my thoughts and master plan for Watkins. I really hate the VGT time trials, honestly.

You all should think of some good meals to eat while hot lapping, it may help you reach your goals.

Last edited:
Back