Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 25,217 comments
Morning folks,

Little time over the weekend to throw in a few extra km's on the tarmac, but did some shredding here and there.
But had the feeling i just had to mock the VGT so brought it to the paintshop.....
And..if you have a new set of decals, what you gonna do?..yes try to get your car picture on the board changed to the new one :lol: :lol:

I give you Dyson ( it's name is one the side btw :lol: :lol: )

18f2887098562-screenshotUrl.jpg

So this morning took it out again for a spin...., and those rears do spin ...
And like always... it was frustrated as h*ll, my OPT was hard to figure out but was .675 without my fastest S1 until now ...
Somewhere in the mid .5xx would indeed be possible.

I ran a 34.750 but scraped the wall ( apparently ) on the exit of the straight, that did hurt a lot :lol:
But restarted an the next lap was a valid 34.745 so a new PB with Dyson :lol:

Not even near the OPT but just had to try again with the new decals :lol::lol:

18f2886d7f254-screenshotUrl.jpg

@Dolph Drago Nice time on the Shaguar mate, you are climbing up!

@Chris30 Don't discourage yourself mate, you are riding along with the fastest players in the world, Rig and controllers.
There is always going to be faster guys and everybody has there own limitations, just have fun out there and learn, listnen to the faster guys and don't watch TO many video's, sure you can watch guides, but every minute you watch a guide is less minutes learning on the track.
You mentioned trailbraking, that is indeed important, but i would switch to MT permanently before learning how to trail, cause in my opinion you can win a lot with gearing ( alto not in the VGT now :lol: )

Most of all.... have fun with this great community, great people and too many fast guys...

Good morning everyone! Last night I finally got round to having a go at the Jaguar at Interlagos - it seems I'm always late to the party on these TT's - and that is definitely going to take some doing! I forgot how twitchy the Jaaaaaaaaag is!

One random question - how do you enter your own car? My only option is to "Enter" or "Ranking Board" and there's no mention of using your own car or using a rental. It just defaults to a rental. Which is fine, but I don't see how people have run custom liveries if there's not an option to use your own car?? The option is there for the Skoda TT, but I don't get the option for this one...

So back to the task, I run a couple of red laps while getting used to the handling of this legend at such a twisty circuit, before setting a 1:37.089. Exited to see that was still bronze (hadn't even checked the time zones prior) and so jumped back in. First lap back out I ran a 1:36.1XX, so time is definitely there to be made. I'm struggling most with the Senna S and the Curva Do Sol, which obviously both work in unison to set up the lap! How are you guys managing to extract the most time around Curva Do Sol, for example? I find it constantly wants to fire out the rear end and drift if I'm flat out. I'm fairly confident through the remainder of the lap - although I'm hit/miss on Juncao - but that first sector is just a killer in this car.

Good morning everyone! Last night I finally got round to having a go at the Jaguar at Interlagos - it seems I'm always late to the party on these TT's - and that is definitely going to take some doing! I forgot how twitchy the Jaaaaaaaaag is!

One random question - how do you enter your own car? My only option is to "Enter" or "Ranking Board" and there's no mention of using your own car or using a rental. It just defaults to a rental. Which is fine, but I don't see how people have run custom liveries if there's not an option to use your own car?? The option is there for the Skoda TT, but I don't get the option for this one...

So back to the task, I run a couple of red laps while getting used to the handling of this legend at such a twisty circuit, before setting a 1:37.089. Exited to see that was still bronze (hadn't even checked the time zones prior) and so jumped back in. First lap back out I ran a 1:36.1XX, so time is definitely there to be made. I'm struggling most with the Senna S and the Curva Do Sol, which obviously both work in unison to set up the lap! How are you guys managing to extract the most time around Curva Do Sol, for example? I find it constantly wants to fire out the rear end and drift if I'm flat out. I'm fairly confident through the remainder of the lap - although I'm hit/miss on Juncao - but that first sector is just a killer in this car.
BWX told me that the XJ13 is available in the legend car dealership, it's worth a lot, 20M. The cars there rotate so hopefully one will appear today or tomorrow. It's a hit or miss scenario. The cars come and go after a certain period. Did I explain it clearly and okay?

Last edited:
BWX told me that the XJ13 is available in the legend car dealership, it's worth a lot, 20M. The cars there rotate so hopefully one will appear today or tomorrow. It's a hit or miss scenario. The cars come and go after a certain period. Did I explain it clearly and okay?
I already own it. Have for a long time (and I think it's 12 mil...). But I just don't have the option given to me to use my own car...

Happened after the last update. For reasons, only the rental can be used on the XJ13 TT now.

Edit: Another thread is up on this topic and Famine added his explanation.

Last edited:
Morning folks,

Little time over the weekend to throw in a few extra km's on the tarmac, but did some shredding here and there.
But had the feeling i just had to mock the VGT so brought it to the paintshop.....
And..if you have a new set of decals, what you gonna do?..yes try to get your car picture on the board changed to the new one :lol: :lol:

I give you Dyson ( it's name is one the side btw :lol: :lol: )

View attachment 1351240

So this morning took it out again for a spin...., and those rears do spin ...
And like always... it was frustrated as h*ll, my OPT was hard to figure out but was .675 without my fastest S1 until now ...
Somewhere in the mid .5xx would indeed be possible.

I ran a 34.750 but scraped the wall ( apparently ) on the exit of the straight, that did hurt a lot :lol:
But restarted an the next lap was a valid 34.745 so a new PB with Dyson :lol:

Not even near the OPT but just had to try again with the new decals :lol::lol:

View attachment 1351242

@Dolph Drago Nice time on the Shaguar mate, you are climbing up!

@Chris30 Don't discourage yourself mate, you are riding along with the fastest players in the world, Rig and controllers.
There is always going to be faster guys and everybody has there own limitations, just have fun out there and learn, listnen to the faster guys and don't watch TO many video's, sure you can watch guides, but every minute you watch a guide is less minutes learning on the track.
You mentioned trailbraking, that is indeed important, but i would switch to MT permanently before learning how to trail, cause in my opinion you can win a lot with gearing ( alto not in the VGT now :lol: )

Most of all.... have fun with this great community, great people and too many fast guys...

Dyson like this :
s-l1600.jpg

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Happened after the last update. For reasons, only the rental can be used on the XJ13 TT now.

Hmm, interesting. That does cast doubt on the integrity of the TT, since drivers were able to use their own cars for some of the TT and presumably some of them took advantage of whatever the loophole was.

Hmm, interesting. That does cast doubt on the integrity of the TT, since drivers were able to use their own cars for some of the TT and presumably some of them took advantage of whatever the loophole was.
If only we had payed attention to what we could have changed :lol: :lol:
I never look at the settings beore i even enter a TT if it isn't a tuning event,
But it's weird no one has even talked about it?, so seems of minor influance? but big enough to fix.... 🤔🤔🤔🤔

I'm curious if someone had found advantage. Surely someone here would have detected it also?

Unless ...

Did they discover that orange car = fast???

Peace Out No GIF by DreamWorks Animation

That's the reason I can't improve on my PB! I have to use a green rental, not my own orange one! 🤣

zjn
Come on, pick up the things, turn off the light, close the door, and dislodge. Quick!

@Gomario JSP wins hands down, and second comes fourth or fifth
Naah... i do expect @Barareklam to win here, then @Dolph Drago who will find that sudden "no idea where that lap came from?? " @Evilmuffin will prob. not take part in the grind because he hates the way it handles....

So i'll prob will be sandwiches between Dolph and MUffin at the end of the week :lol: :lol: , but was fun while it lasted :lol::lol:

Naah... i do expect @Barareklam to win here, then @Dolph Drago who will find that sudden "no idea where that lap came from?? " @Evilmuffin will prob. not take part in the grind because he hates the way it handles....

So i'll prob will be sandwiches between Dolph and MUffin at the end of the week :lol: :lol: , but was fun while it lasted :lol::lol:
haha, we shall see, I do have some good sectors but a small mistake cost a lot of time, so .8 currently and .6 OPT but difficult to get. We shall see how much time I will find for it but one thing is sure, I actually enjoy it a lot, I know many people hate VGTs in general but I love this one a lot.

zjn
@Gomario JSP, @Barareklam , @Dolph Drago , @Evilmuffin

don't get me wrong, my message had nothing to do with the leaderboard, it was solely related to the livery.

I have arrogated to myself the right to unilaterally decide that Gomario's is the best of all, including the ones I have not seen.

On the leaderboard, go ahead and squabble among yourselves, I won't get a word in edgewise.
Oepss......my bad, I misunderstood 🤣🤣 thanks tho 😁🤣🤣

I wonder if my lap was BS? Just saw that there's a way to possibly cheat. I didn't change setup after going into the TT, but I probably have a setup on that car before hand because I was using it in single player races. I wonder if that's why the TT felt easy to me? Can anyone tell in replay if this is a cheat lap? I seriously have no idea.
Edit- lap was done April 24th.

edit- it was legit thankfully.

Last edited:
I haven't tried any of these two TTs yet, I'm late to the party this time.

I did the weekly challenges to get the car ticket, then had a few practice laps in the Gazoo Cup and got hooked again, so after nipping out at lunch I dived into the 3pm race.

16th to 3rd after not qualifying, finished 5sec behind P1 who was lapping at 1:26.3xx
Great stuff on the Gazoo Cup, I also went for it yesterday, but it was a disaster.
Apparently doing mostly TTs and offline in the last months lowered my already think skills of online racing, particulary amoung more aggressive drivers.
I do something non competitive here and there on ACC but it looks completely different in terms of driver aggressivity. Here, the moment you get touched (by your own mistake, by other mistake or by purpose) the race is somehow over.
Or at least it was for me yesterday.

I also noticed that being with others distract me from concentrating on what I should do (hit brake points, brake properly, take apex, ....), and this is not happening in close combat only. Need to work a lot on this

zjn
@Gomario JSP, @Barareklam , @Dolph Drago , @Evilmuffin

don't get me wrong, my message had nothing to do with the leaderboard, it was solely related to the livery.

I have arrogated to myself the right to unilaterally decide that Gomario's is the best of all, including the ones I have not seen.

On the leaderboard, go ahead and squabble among yourselves, I won't get a word in edgewise.
I musta missed something 🤔

Whatever it was, don't worry about it...just blame @Gomario JSP 🤪

Day 1 in the Skoda.

I skipped my usual first day going in blind after reading everyone's reports of bad brakes. So I watched Tidgney's lap guide for pointers and good reference.

I'd say it helped quite a bit, I might go so far as to say I kinda like it. There's still some parts that I need to work out, most of all figuring out the line to get through the esses flat out. I'm sure I lose a lot of time having to lift off to counter the understeer.

18f2aef79bb12-screenshotUrl.jpg
18f2aef8c3a37-screenshotUrl.jpg

The rest of the circuit isn't too bad and I enjoy lapping The Glen. I will try to get a little deeper into Gold.

haha, we shall see, I do have some good sectors but a small mistake cost a lot of time, so .8 currently and .6 OPT but difficult to get. We shall see how much time I will find for it but one thing is sure, I actually enjoy it a lot, I know many people hate VGTs in general but I love this one a lot.
I don't hate vgt, only that those ev ones have soulless sound, and those without interior... hate to have my head through the roof in vr.. and this skoda does not brake. I'm getting to grips with her. Managed to get back into gold couple of minutes ago, still feel like I have like 0.5 inside me even managed to trail brake the car in some corners but that required close to no input on brakes. Currently at the bottom of gtp friends list and not willing to put much time, only if necessary (read: out of gold zone), the hand injury doesn't help either to put much effort :)
1000014717.jpg

Last edited:
I'm struggling most with the Senna S and the Curva Do Sol, which obviously both work in unison to set up the lap! How are you guys managing to extract the most time around Curva Do Sol, for example? I find it constantly wants to fire out the rear end and drift if I'm flat out.
Make sure you're tight to the left at the first corner, turn in early for the righty (you can cut a good chunk of the track) to get a wide angle into Curva do Sol. As for gearing - 2nd into the first 'S' and immediately to 3rd through the right hander. 4th gear is your friend in Curva do Sol. Much more stable. Otherwise the rear will step out like you say.

Okay, a 2 tenth pickup up is much more satisfying than 8 thousandths. :P Sector 2 was a bit sketchy, with an especially rough turn 10. Sometimes messy laps are quick, though. After watching a few replays here, I found 1st gear helped whip the car around in certain turns. Turn 8 being the most beneficial.
IMG_3113.jpg

Despite the gain, I picked up 0 spots on my friend's alien leaderboard. :lol: Still about 8 hundredths off @Gomario JSP. I think it will take a near perfect lap if I want to get ahead. :mischievous:
IMG_3114.jpg

I've been away from the game for a bit and discovered the new Skoda VGT TT. Is it me or does this thing steer and stop like the Titanic?

Why do these companies produce such awful electric car concepts? Were they designed by the local intern?

Anyway, I'm not going to put much effort into this one. I find it thoroughly unpleasant to drive. I'll probably stick with Silver.
IMG_7996.jpeg

Last edited:
Been tied up with 3 leagues and gtws so not much time for TT lately. I really miss this group and look forward to becoming a more active member again soon.

I just spent the last couple of hours on the XJ for the first time and almost gave in to silver about 45 minutes ago when I finally golded on my main account.
Went and tried my second US account and golded in 1 lap lol. Went on my 🇬🇧 account and bettered my main account gold 😅 so I had to come back to the main and then shocked myself with a top 2k time which is unheard of for me 😁
Thrilled to say the least.

Lightened my FFB from 8 to 5 and it made all the difference in fine touch that was missed when I had the wheel set heavier.

Hope to at least be a part timer until I get a couple of the leagues over with because this I enjoy the crazy challenging times that this group brings.
Cheers

IMG_6961.jpeg
IMG_6962.jpeg

Last edited:
Back