Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 25,344 comments
I know this is (only somewhat) off topic but in case anyone is interested I've just discovered this handy forum feature (the link looks generic but goes to the relevant section):

For the controller sensitivity, set it as high as you want really until you feel like things are twitchy on high speed straights. I stick with 6 ftmp...lower feels sluggish for cornering, higher a little twitchy at times. But the difference is fairly subtle. Occasionally I forget to switch it up from 0 (I set it to 0 when I'm using the wheel because "reasons" aka placebo) and I can still drive that way...but I'll eventually take a corner and feel like I'm in too high a gear and I'll realize "Oh, forgot to bump the sensitivity back up to 6!"

We had this exact conversation about a week ago. lol

Last edited:
I know this is (only somewhat) off topic but in case anyone is interested I've just discovered this handy forum feature (the link looks generic but goes to the relevant section):
No, I don't think that would be considered offtopic here, after all it is good advice for players who are polishing up their skills here. It's useful information needed for learning.

I didn’t enjoy the last two time trials 🔌

IMG_1297.jpeg

Meh.....another electric crap TT. I'm sure some people like it. But to me......I dunno...what A Flopping Excuse of Electric Landcar Abomination.

I guess it drives alright....not that it is good or anything, but at less it doesn't try to kill you. And would you listen to the noise! Ooh....you can't? Yeah...me neither. But the appologizer will say, "You can read the gauges and see how fast it is!". Right.....It's like going to a concert but everything is muted....what? You can't read lips?

If Honda is paying GT7 to put that car in as some kind of advertisment.....then their marketing team are a bunch of guys who don't know donkey poo about what makes cars exciting and should be fired. It is like trying to sell minivans at a F1 venue....they are preaching to the wrong crowd.

I don't think I will go back to this one. I rather go drive a Van at the ring. At less Sabine knew how to make a driving a slow car exciting.

1000072717.jpg

Picked up gold from Interlagos and later I tried new combo, before was trying to beat race 5 from Weekly Challenges - with no success, but I will try FT-1500 formula later...

Anyway, watched @Tidgney 's guide (thanks man) and immediately got two seconds better time...
Still didn't remember all the brake zones, but main ones I did, though I have problems with remembering things.

Here I am, not far from gold:

18f392bd42f38-screenshotUrl.jpg

Alright I’m here to Afeela bit more positive! Here’s some things I like about this TT; I actually think it’ll be quite popular with a lot of people.

Despite being on my nemesis the sport hard tyre it handles quite nicely, I mean who knows what it weighs but it doesn’t overwhelm the tyres like I thought it would

The Afeela has quite nice balance and takes the high speed corners quite nicely, it’s quite fun to throw into corners and grips quite keenly and turns in quite keenly off throttle

It’s almost impossible to yeet, no matter how much you throw it around it doesn’t seem to lose control

It’s probably quite an easy gold

I think @Barareklam will be very very fast as it seems to suit motion steering imo

IMG_6663.jpeg

Optimum down to mid 2:15 so if I get below .5 I’ll be satisfied 😎

Another electric and no need to shift gears.. thanks pd, but my hand feels a lot better. First couple laps, the car drives pretty good, i like it that I can correct the back with slight release of throttle. A little bit understeery on the exit of some turns. Nothing to complain about except the engine sound. Early and not so deep into gold but I take it. Gonna try to improve a bit. I somehow managed to scratch a wall with -0.5s lap on the clock. And I feel that this optimal is doable for me.
1000014759.jpg
1000014760.jpg

If Honda is paying GT7 to put that car in as some kind of advertisment.....then their marketing team are a bunch of guys who don't know donkey poo about what makes cars exciting and should be fired. It is like trying to sell minivans at a F1 venue....they are preaching to the wrong crowd.
It is a Sony car. And putting it in a game, allowed me to discover its existence, I suppose I am not alone.

F1 is used to sell everyday cars too, otherwise with manufacturers would go in F1 ?

It is just marketing.

Hopefuly, we will have more interesting cars to drive on next TTs.

Following the trend of currently popular Powerwash Simulator, Polyphony Digital presents Gran Turismo 7 - the real Vacuum Cleaning Simulator.

(insert AI generated image of Gran Turismo 7 - the real Vacuum Cleaning Simulator box art)

Edit: it just dawned on me... maybe VGT actually stands for...

Last edited:
I play gt7 at least 8 hours a day, that is adequate time... I spend about 80-90 hours a week on gt7 at least, so I'm a hyper-addict.

Dude, I am so confused. I see you talking about needing to rent cars for TTs... how is that possible when you play this much?! You should have hundreds of millions of credits at your disposal. How can you play this much and not make money?!

With this much time in game you should be one of the fastest players on the planet...

I'm honestly not trying to be rude, just attempting to understand what's going on in your world.

Another TT I don't really want to do. Didn't think I would ever say something like that but the Jaguar was the most fun from the last ones by a mile 😅

Really hope that the next ones will be better. Like with a combustion engine where I need to shift and have some sound and not feel like I'm cleaning 😅😅

18f3a40b4069-screenshotUrl.jpg

Well see I spent a majority of my money on tuning, and the rest towards any cars I buy. I had to sell over 900 of them, I have about 80 cars left in my garage atm. @LSFDRX

I regret wasting my cash on tuning my cars when really half the time they didn't really give me much benefit. It's too late now. I have to start grinding back to where I used to be, the highest I had was around $16M.

Well see I spent a majority of my money on tuning, and the rest towards any cars I buy. I had to sell over 900 of them, I have about 80 cars left in my garage atm. @LSFDRX

I regret wasting my cash on tuning my cars when really half the time they didn't really give me much benefit. It's too late now. I have to start grinding back to where I used to be, the highest I had was around $16M.
878CE0C8-06A5-49F8-9B87-E477B7074BE6.gif

At first I was all over the place with the Afeela, then I downloaded @Tidgney 's ghost and things became more clear, so I broke into the gold zone.

After that I changed my controller settings and adjusted the steering up to 5. And driving felt somehow better. Can't explain how but it did. TC 0 as usual and everything else off.

Then another push into a little bit of a safer time.
18f3a8be12c59-0e321DC53D8D226824E.5AF533D2220C5786_message_438956582570047_1714674150664.jpg
18f3a8c0a8393-0e321DC53D8D226824E.5AF533D2220C5786_message_438956585210049_1714674160976.jpg

Last edited:
Back