Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 25,442 comments
I know, I'm trying to listen and understand better, but it's hard. Easy said than done, right? And it's not always a sprint, think of it as a marathon. I also pay attention to what times you guys clock in for each Sector, if I'm close to that I know I'll score a good lap, if I'm above it then there's trouble ahead.

Last edited:
After goofing off with the Skoda VGT in some race lobbies I decided to try the TT. Still an ugly hateful car that drives like an overloaded garbage truck with a rocket engine. Somehow cracked the puzzle to snag a just gold time. Not looking forward to the Afeela.
When can we get more fun cars with a little loose rear again?

Sorry but not sorry huh?:D:D

Great time mate, congrats. It’s gonna be a long week and I will definitely need seat time for this one.
Yes....sorry not sorry 😂😂😂
Still early indeed! I think a .2xx should be possible but then there is NO room for error 🙈, hit all apexes....no lifting.... and ba*ls of steel for the last corner 😂😂
I'm sure you will find some tenths again! 👽

Yes....sorry not sorry 😂😂😂
Still early indeed! I think a .2xx should be possible but then there is NO room for error 🙈, hit all apexes....no lifting.... and ba*ls of steel for the last corner 😂😂
I'm sure you will find some tenths again! 👽
Bro, if I score a top 100, it’s gonna be because of you. If I can’t, again it’s because of you:D:D. So our friendship level is between love and hate at the moment:lol:

.2xx’s seems out of reach for me. I’m gonna aim for 3xx’s for sure and that would secure that shiny little out this world badge I guess

Bro, if I score a top 100, it’s gonna be because of you. If I can’t, again it’s because of you:D:D. So our friendship level is between love and hate at the moment:lol:

.2xx’s seems out of reach for me. I’m gonna aim for 3xx’s for sure and that would secure that shiny little out this world badge I guess
I have a lot of love hate relationship here 😂😂, that make this community so damn good!
If it wasn't for all of you guys i would def not be where I am today!

Your .500 made me go again, simple as that, so from my side..... I only got love.....
(Until you decide to run a .395 ) 🤣🤣

Last edited:
Well, I finally dived into the TT in the Skoda... wow. That thing does not like to turn! Understeer is so heavy, I found myself braking sooooo much earlier than expected just to get around the turns without running off! At first I banked a low 1:40 and went to check the medal zones. Mid-level bronze: that won't do! So I jumped back in after going and finding a nicer livery than the standard green one, and came back to post a 1:38.2XX. Still not happy, I ran a few more laps and got that down to 1:37.8XX. It's going to be a steep learning curve to improve in time for the cut-off on Wednesday night, but I'm hopeful I can pull something out of the bag!

Last edited:
So the Afeela actually surprised me. It turned out to be very enjoyable. The lack of engine sounds and gear shifts is made up for by the lovely driving experience with nailing the trail braking and weight transfer.
I will be back for more before it ends.

18f48e85f7a71-screenshotUrl.jpg

Well, I finally dived into the TT in the Skoda... wow. That thing does not like to turn! Understeer is so heavy, I found myself braking sooooo much earlier than expected just to get around the turns without running off! At first I banked a low 1:40 and went to check the medal zones. Mid-level bronze: that won't do! So I jumped back in after going and finding a nicer livery than the standard green one, and came back to post a 1:38.2XX. Still not happy, I ran a few more laps and got that down to 1:37.5XX. It's going to be a steep learning curve to improve in time for the cut-off on Wednesday night, but I'm hopeful I can pull something out of the bag!
Was about to break my controller after half an hour or so ,but finally got that gold time and will never drive that thing again :D :D those world leading times are insane ,but im probably quite bad driver ,specially with that kind of car :D

So the Afeela actually surprised me. It turned out to be very enjoyable. The lack of engine sounds and gear shifts is made up for by the lovely driving experience with nailing the trail braking and weight transfer.
I will be back for more before it ends.

View attachment 1352925

T5 is soooo satisfying on trailbraking, most fun corner of the whole track! And is super smooth when you nail it 😁

Great time mate!

Lost a tenth in first sector but still got 2:15.6**
Here is video of me driving AFEELA TT with motion control if someone is curious how it looks like.

Looking at this, you definitely 'steer' more with the Dualsense than I do with the DS4.

Looks like you have a larger steering angle than me, you turn it nearly 90 degrees whereas I only turn it about 45 degrees to get full lock.

Hopped online yesterday and spent time getting my GTech (AFEELA) ready to drive.

Not watched any videos yet but 3 laps and into gold, that was enough for me yesterday, may give it another go after I have done the Skoda TT.

Sorry for the poor picture of my 13.1miles (I did one more lap after my gold), phone won't let me update the PlayStation app so took a lovely grainy picture of the TV 😂
IMG_20240504_173348.jpg

Oh and here's the GTech in action, even has the same light bar 🤣
gtech-airram_1b50d827-c503-4a08-b35c-6a0b48e7008a.png
bc2112d31e7d493d9377944c732868ed_thumb.jpg

70b181f9d63e465168df1ce35a0e6a55_photo_edit_331268626246326.jpg
GTech AirRam
08c3b7070666c78a0de69156ba67fab4_thumb_l_x2.jpg
GTech AirRam K9 Version
338fb2544a25a4cc4b42899c90943d45_thumb_l_x2.jpg

Happy lapping

I'm pleased with my silver medal I earned from the Jaguar TT (Interlagos). I worked hard doing a total of 397 laps. 1'36.231 was my overall best time which I got on Lap 257. Sigh, I'm a slow learner.
400 laps in one TT is mind-blowing. I'm not sure I do that many in a month!

Is that a regular amount for you? I would assume yes judging by you saying you play 8 hours a day?

Back from my travels yesterday morning, collected Cr 1M for the Jag TT that I'm very happy with.
So we now have two battery-powered car TTs - oh well, I don't use manual gears anyway so not too bothered but I do miss the sound of an internal combustion engine.
Bronze on both so far and I have a hunch that that's as far as I'll go..... 😄
Agreed. After 3 runs with each, I'm about 2.5 seconds into Bronze with both Hoovers. That's all for me.

400 laps in one TT is mind-blowing. I'm not sure I do that many in a month!

Is that a regular amount for you? I would assume yes judging by you saying you play 8 hours a day?
I gotta be close to 200 in the Afeela.

I just put another 25 or so into the Skoda. Man, what a pig this car is. I think if you strapped a 1000hp engine into a shopping cart and bolted a steering wheel onto the back it would drive (and brake) about as well. BUt, I'm about 7/10ths closer to gold at least...

Last edited:
Trail brake gods decided it to be a .400:lol: Optimal down to .2xx but it really needs to be inch perfect. First sector is my nemesis…
At least I gained a dozen places back for the 👽 trophy. It’s not over yet.

Another 👽 incomin…:D
🤣🤣 thats VERY close mate 🤣.... place 40... I'm 39 now 🤣

The competition is insane here 🤣🤣🤣

Nice job!

Late weekend f1 race atm, and after a longer weekend (5 days) because of holidays I can finally get up to date with this thread. I decided to give the IfeelYA a go between lemans grinding today. Was thinking of 30min session, at max. And after 4-5 laps with our gtplanets top dogs replay I got 1.1s improvement since last posting. I feel that high 16's are easily possible if I want to get back to this tt. My pb lap was not so clean.
1000014789.jpg
1000014790.jpg

Last edited:
I know, I'm trying to listen and understand better, but it's hard. Easy said than done, right? And it's not always a sprint, think of it as a marathon. I also pay attention to what times you guys clock in for each Sector, if I'm close to that I know I'll score a good lap, if I'm above it then there's trouble ahead.
I believe that the advice everyone is giving you is solid. Maybe just simplify it per sector and build on that. Start by the braking point for turn 1. Then the angle of entry, apex speed and finally throttle application. Do that for every turn in sector 1 and continue the process for all sectors.

Happy lapping

Edit: also use in game replays and YouTube guides for assistance.

Last edited:
Back