Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 25,467 comments
Did another 20 laps with the Skoda tonight and had a LOT of good sectors, but unfortunately not combined in a valid lap… Until i finally held it together and snuck into a VERY unsafe gold!
1:36.659 is only 0.05% in golden territory so the gold might turn to silver, but my optimal is at 1:36.078 so I might just be able to brush off a tenth or two…
Today I had a very similar experience and left this TT with a nice improvement but couldn't find the last two tenths. It would have been nice to catch one or two friends of my list but I am satisfied being among the top ten kilo in the world. Go for it!
18f4fd379e078-screenshotUrl.jpg

Second session at the Lago. I only had time for maybe 10 laps, and I spent the first 6 or so going off the track at basically every corner trying to get back A-feeling for the car. Not a bad outcome for that, right?

1715039216873.png

I don't particularly love or hate the combo, but I seem to do pretty good here considering the very limited effort I put into it so far. A 2:15 should be possible if only I invested some time. Just not sure it will happen. I have one more chance Wednesday night before going on a trip until Sunday. And if the next TT isn't another VGT or EV or both 😬, I am pretty sure I'll close the chapter.

Anyway, if it doesn't happen, I am happy with what I got so far.

Happy lapping everyone!

Second session at the Lago. I only had time for maybe 10 laps, and I spent the first 6 or so going off the track at basically every corner trying to get back A-feeling for the car. Not a bad outcome for that, right?

View attachment 1353444
I don't particularly love or hate the combo, but I seem to do pretty good here considering the very limited effort I put into it so far. A 2:15 should be possible if only I invested some time. Just not sure it will happen. I have one more chance Wednesday night before going on a trip until Sunday. And if the next TT isn't another VGT or EV or both 😬, I am pretty sure I'll close the chapter.

Happy lapping everyone!
You've got a 15 for sure.

18f5072124c41-screenshotUrl.jpg

I dropped mine a few hundredths.

Ever so slight gain tonight. I can't get a decent sector 1 for the life of me. And the few times I DO happen to get around there okay there AND have quick sectors 2 and 3, you can forget about a good final turn. 15.8's are possible, just incredibly hard to put together a full lap to get there. I don't know how you guys go several tenths faster. I try to emulate, and it just doesn't happen. 👽's. The lot of you!
IMG_3134.jpg

Last edited:

View attachment 1353444

Happy lapping everyone!
You've got a 15 for sure.

View attachment 1353448

I dropped mine a few hundredths.
Bravo les amis 👏👏👏👏 I am happy for you !!!!
I'm going to have to wake up 🤣🤣 because @crome you're coming back on me a little too closely and @330_D you're starting to distance myself !!!! 🤣🤣

New test today on Lago Maggiore and I was able to improve my time from 0'00'030 to 2'16'117. It's not much but it's good because it gives me 20 places to 369th. But I'm still bummed because my optimal time was great. So disgusted that I didn't take photos and gave up. My optimal time was 2'15'700 !!!!!! Can't wait for Thursday to get back to it !!! and the 2'15 are close, close close !!!

Last edited:
Finally had some time to do a few of the weeklies and put in some laps in the Afeela this morning. It took a bit to warm up to the car, but once I learned what everyone was talking about with trail-braking in this thing it really showed itself to be a bit more poseable and chuckable than I thought it would be. It really seems to be most comfortable turning in off throttle or with mild brake release, and once you learn where the sweet spot is, the car can be turned it at speed pretty well and pushed hard into the corners.

I normally don't care much for curb-munching TTs, but I found myself absolutely abusing the hell out of them here and not feeling weird about it at all. It's been a while since I've had something to do at Maggiore, and I'm glad to be back. This layout is awesome.

As always, there is still a bunch of time left out there, and I frequently find myself excelling at certain points only to completely blow it in another, and there is a lot of time to be gained in smoothing things out a bit and finessing those braking points a bit more. Such is life I guess... haha. I do Hope that I can spend some more time with this one before its gone.

Current time puts me at 700-something at the moment, and about half way up my friends list. I need another half to full second here ideally to swim with the heavy hitters, but I'm pretty good with this for less than 30 laps in.

Afeela TT.jpg

And here's my final session for those who care to watch... it's not even the session I hit gold in, but the ghost is there and the laps are still within a couple tenths of it.

Keep putting in that work everyone... just don't knock me out of the top 1000 please... haha.

Last edited:
Finally had some time to do a few of the weeklies and put in some laps in the Afeela this morning. It took a bit to warm up to the car, but once I learned what everyone was talking about with trail-braking in this thing it really showed itself to be a bit more poseable and chuckable than I thought it would be. It really seems to be most comfortable turning in off throttle or with mild brake release, and once you learn where the sweet spot is, the car can be turned it at speed pretty well and pushed hard into the corners.

I normally don't care much for curb-munching TTs, but I found myself absolutely abusing the hell out of them here and not feeling weird about it at all. It's been a while since I've had something to do at Maggiore, and I'm glad to be back. This layout is awesome.

As always, there is still a bunch of time left out there, and I frequently find myself excelling at certain points only to completely blow it in another, and there is a lot of time to be gained in smoothing things out a bit and finessing those braking points a bit more. Such is life I guess... haha. I do Hope that I can spend some more time with this one before its gone.

Current time puts me at 700-something at the moment, and about half way up my friends list. I need another half to full second here ideally to swim with the heavy hitters, but I'm pretty good with this for less than 30 laps in.

View attachment 1353713

And here's my final session for those who care to watch... it's not even the session I hit gold in, but the ghost is there and the laps are still within a couple tenths of it.

Keep putting in that work everyone... just don't knock me out of the top 1000 please... haha.

I agree and still hate to admit I really enjoy this car. I'm gonna buy one in fact. Nice time, sir! 🔥

Edit for not double posting.

18f55cac74730-screenshotUrl.jpg

18f55caaf6927-screenshotUrl.jpg

I don't hate this one at all. So fun. Awesome track and layout and super fun car to flog. You guys on my leaderboard are insanely quick. Wow.

Also @Gogga I'm sorry. Not sorry.

Last edited:
Ran a short stint of about 20 laps in the Afeela prototype at Maggiore. Was able to squeak under the line (barely).

I still need to check out a video to find out what I'm doing wrong and get behind @Metalgear9493 's ghost (nice job man!!) and see how much I can improve.

I've got some time, and I enjoy this combo, so I think I'm going to set my goal for the 2:16s for this TT. Let's see...

TT_Maggiore_Afaela.jpeg

Last edited:
Morning folks,

No miracle laps today, took me way more time to get into the window of oppertunity laps....
So went for the Semi-Orange... maby it helps....

She Feela kinda healthy right now :lol:

18f56e7464755-screenshotUrl.jpg

Did help a little tho..

I have been cooking on T4 and got a lot better on it what results in way more .7 splits on the backstraight, even did see a .690
But now my nemesis lies in the last 2 corners....
last split was a .6 on my PB lap...., but stuffed up multiple 1:41.4xx's on this sector... that should have got me into the 15.1 :banghead::banghead:

Didn't have more time to push, tomorrow one more session and on the the next!

Got a few spots back from 45 to 39 tho :lol:, went from 398 tot a whopping 367...
but with optimums that would keep @Ed_Night awake at night ....:lol:

18f56e7537830-screenshotUrl (1).jpg

I agree and still hate to admit I really enjoy this car. I'm gonna buy one in fact. Nice time, sir! 🔥

Edit for not double posting.

View attachment 1353719

View attachment 1353720

I don't hate this one at all. So fun. Awesome track and layout and super fun car to flog. You guys on my leaderboard are insanely quick. Wow.

Also @Gogga I'm sorry. Not sorry.
Excellent time there mate!!
This gives me reason to get back into the Afeela and try again :D
I do enjoy driving it. It feels good.

Managed to get just under 1:38 in the Skoda today which has made silver a bit safer.
While hunting ghosts on the leader board, found a contestant with the name T Wrecks which I think is ace!!! 😂
Two things that helped me were TCS 0 and not braking.

Well... not not braking, but progressively releasing the brakes. I noticed when following my ghost that when braking, both rear flaps are up and acting as air brakes - moving the centre of mass backwards and actually reducing the ability of the front friction brakes to slow the car - but you need them to work as aero devices in cornering.

Now I'm letting off so that the last 20-30mph of braking comes from the motor regen so that when I turn the car the rear flaps are operating as aero devices. It helps tuck the nose in better.

Also turns 8 and 9 are the worst. But I'm on a 1:36.2 now.

Well... not not braking, but progressively releasing the brakes. I noticed when following my ghost that when braking, both rear flaps are up and acting as air brakes - moving the centre of mass backwards and actually reducing the ability of the front friction brakes to slow the car - but you need them to work as aero devices in cornering.

Now I'm letting off so that the last 20-30mph of braking comes from the motor regen so that when I turn the car the rear flaps are operating as aero devices. It helps tuck the nose in better.

I tried what @Dan_Tes calls steery cheat mode (ASM) and gained a few hundredths last night. Try that too!

Thanks very much for those tips, I'll give it a go tomorrow morning (beer'o'clock here now :cheers: )

Yeah I've found with the Skoda you want to brake just enough that you can glide around the corner pretty much fully off the brake and the throttle and then start accelerating as soon as possible once past the apex. I have a terrible time trying to keep the nose pointed where I want to go coming out of corners though...

The sound of the tires howling in sheer agony as you accelerate is pretty hilarious. It truly sounds like someone high-pitched screaming "OWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!" :lol:

Back