Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 25,497 comments
Well, I'm gonna go take a walk and grab something to eat at a sub place. I'm craving turkey subs this morning. When I get back with my food, I'm gonna work on some more of the Afeela TT. Durn I should have started it 3-4 days ago. Durn, I looked up some info about Volkswagen and it was founded in 1937. Dang, that's old, old times. I thought it was the 1950's.

Some of those sausage curbs are deadly and can upset the balance of the car. I learned the hard way in Super License S-7, the one with the Formula car.

Just a quick glimpse around the mothership before they beam me back down. Really not supposed to be here...

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240509133116.png

Great time and good morning, I didn't know Sweden had a holiday on Thursdays. Or is that just in general. For example Thanksgiving is always on a Thursday, the 4th one in November. What do you normally have the CSA set to? Most of the time I'll have it set to Weak, I don't notice that much of a difference but the car I drive is more stable when I have it on that setting.

Oh wait, you use a wheel right? See I use a pad and my controllers. I own 2 of them, I always have to have a backup one in case the other one dies or the battery needs charging.
I am on controller

What did you expect?
I seemed to recall at some point in the past seeing hotlap vids of people at Laguna where they were actually driving over the sausages at some corners...tires on the left and right (might have been SuperGT doing Circuit Experience or something). Just figured that was the way it was going to go...so I expected sausage straddling lol

Last edited:
First impression, it's beautiful!, seeing those clouds and sun popping thru on the big screen was very satisfying,

Car is very stable, makes more sound than it has speed and seem to have the brakes of a veyron... doesn't like the curbs tho 😁🤣
But very fun to drive! in a beautifully setting

1000020057.jpg

@Evilmuffin nice to see you compete again, kinda missed you 😘🤣

@ZevZoq
That Mustang TT here definitely had some serious sausing action and curb abuse if I remember correctly 🤣

First impression, it's beautiful!, seeing those clouds and sun popping thru on the big screen was very satisfying,

Car is very stable, makes more sound than it has speed and seem to have the brakes of a veyron... doesn't like the curbs tho 😁🤣
But very fun to drive! in a beautifully setting

View attachment 1354039

@Evilmuffin nice to see you compete again, kinda missed you 😘🤣

@ZevZoq
That Mustang TT here definitely had some serious sausing action and curb abuse if I remember correctly 🤣
Excellent time mate!

I am looking forward to driving a normal car this time around.

No Nokia setup today? You are going against the norm :lol::lol:

Excellent time mate!

I am looking forward to driving a normal car this time around.

No Nokia setup today? You are going against the norm :lol::lol:
Not entirely..... 🤣🤣

1000020058.jpg

Did my lago laps on the TV this morning cause I realy wanted to push without limitations, and for the Laguna I ran remote 😁, tomorrow morning I'll have a first serious session at Laguna 😁😁
(Did quickly check the Laguna on the TV this morning to see how beautiful it is 😁🤣

Last edited:
First test in Laguna Seca and get gold in 1'29'154. Love this track and this Volkswagen very stable and fast 💖💖
17152610230483822359311454347000.jpg

I am really happy with these last TTs where I regained the gold medals after my disappointment on the TT73 (Suzuka Circuit) and where my rankings are very very satisfactory (738th on the TT76, and 393rd (my record) currently on the TT77). I will also return to Lago Maggiore to try to go under 2'16 (2'16'117). I think I can go under 1'29 at Laguna Seca. Anyway since I don't have any women at home until Saturday evening I'm going to make the most of it !!!! 🥳🥳🥳🥳

I'm glad there is no EV or VGT this week. The Scirocco, either the road car or the Gr4 version, is a car sitting in my garage forever waiting for his turn to be driven.

Funny enough, I found out today that the Scirocco was the inspiration for a extremely popular VW here in Brazil. The "Gol".

Yes, no "F" at the end. "Gol" in portuguese means "Goal" just like in soccer. Gol was as popular the VW Bug here and for many years it was the best selling car in our country. The GTi version of it was the dream car for many kids and teens in the late 80's and early 90's.

The Scirocco:
volkswagen_scirocco_16v_1.jpg

The Brazilian VW Gol GTi:
images.jpeg

images (1).jpeg

Gran Turismo is indeed a car culture game.

Last edited:
I'm glad there is no EV or VGT this week. The Scirocco, either the road car or the Gr4 version, is a car sitting in my garage forever waiting for his turn to be driven.

Funny enough, I found out today that the Scirocco was the inspiration for a extremely popular VW here in Brazil. The "Gol".

Yes, no "F" at the end. "Gol" in portuguese means "Goal" just like in soccer. Gol was as popular the VW Bug here and for many years it was the best selling car in our country. The GTi version of it was the dream car for many kids and teens in the late 80's and early 90's.

The Scirocco:
View attachment 1354051

View attachment 1354052
View attachment 1354053

The first car I ever drove (legally) on the road was a Scirocco with the same color paint as the first in your post. I'm a VW head from way back! I wish we had the Gol GTI 😍

Not entirely..... 🤣🤣

View attachment 1354044

Did my lago laps on the TV this morning cause I realy wanted to push without limitations, and for the Laguna I ran remote 😁, tomorrow morning I'll have a first serious session at Laguna 😁😁
(Did quickly check the Laguna on the TV this morning to see how beautiful it is 😁🤣
Wait up how do you get GT on your laptop?! 🤯

The Scirocco:
View attachment 1354051

View attachment 1354052
View attachment 1354053

Our village was full of Scirocco fans. 😃

@330_D I have special memories from VW cars, because we had several of them in my family. Besides the omnipresent VW Bug and later on dreaming about the Gol GTi, I remember clearly my father had a VW Passat. Which is not THAT Passat, but a VW creation/inspiration based on the Audi 80.

This Passat is worshiped and very sought after in the vintage cars market here in BR.

I always knew that the Passat was based on a Audi car and that was the case for many Brazilian cars. The reason for that was because one or the government (dictatorship) directives back in the day. In order to promote national industry, importing were something almost impossible due to dozens of complex laws. Hence the many cars we had here based on foreign models, but nevertheless designed and built in national soil. Car indsutry wise it was something we could call a golden era in our country. And today I learned that the Scirocco was the base for the Gol.

I learned how to drive in a Opel Kadett, which was built and called here "Chevette". Later on we got updated to the International market (early 90's the importing business were let loose of those many regulations and the new government actually started to promote that) and car industry picked up its pace and then, I got to drive a beauty of a modern Kadett.

Good memories. Anyways I digress. 😎

The Brazilian VW Passat 2nd generation. My father had one of those.
images.jpeg

The 1st VW BR Passat.
images (1).jpeg

The Audi 80, which served as inspiration for it.
images (2).jpeg

Chevrolet Chevette, our Opel Kadett.
images (4).jpeg

The original Opel Kadett
images (6).jpeg

The updated and beautiful Kadett in the early 90's.
images (5).jpeg

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back