Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 26,161 comments
BH is probably one of my weakest track and it looks like I totally suck here 🤪

View attachment 1355992
377th position is not a bad place to be in, I feel like I suck here too, I'm currently in the 1'51.000's. But I earned my 5th gold at Maggiore so anything can happen here for me. I have to envision it. It took me over 450 laps to finally earn the 2M prize! It took at least 12 hours of hard-toil work and sweat!

Last edited:
Good to go, should be safe with this, but optimal showed a 1:45.9 if I need to step it up anymore. I liked this one, definitely fun.

IMG_2999.jpg

IMG_3001.jpg

IMG_3002.jpg

Set an initial lap at Brands Hatch in the S14 of a 1:45.559 which places me 111th currently. Optimum has another 7 tenths to find so will definitely be coming back for this one. Always enjoyed the flow of Brands Hatch which is a track that seems to work with almost any class of car. The S14 is relatively underpowered in stock form and also a bit slidey on comfort softs but overall a fun car to drive. Looking forward to putting more time into this combo!

Also went back to Laguna Seca with the Scirocco and managed to find some more time, putting in a 1:28.137 to place me 281st currently. I've definitely had enough of this combination and although I said it before, I don't think I can find any more time around here, optimum was a 1:28.0 which would require a perfect lap, something I don't think I'm capable around here given the previous 2 sessions.

First things first - can I get a little love for my first big payday (unless we count that degenerate Chaparral VGT TT)? :)
I even broke the Top 100 of the GTP leaderboard for the first time. Progress!! :lol:

As much as people hate the car - I liked this TT a lot! Most of the fun is the track - Lago Maggiore has moved WAY up my list of favorite tracks. But there was something enjoyable about sliding around this 2.5-ton tank, trying to harness the massive body roll through all the high-speed sections.
Just please don't banish me for liking both the AFEELA and the Skoda VGT trials...

The Silvia at Brands Hatch looks like a riot, but first, I must find more pace at Laguna Seca. My first stint felt quite good! But I was annoyed to learn it was ~1% off the silver range. I know I'm not carrying enough speed in sector 2.
@Lomic Has given me something to aim for with his great early pace...

Attachments

• 20240516_184804.jpg
    20240516_184804.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 3
Err...I'm confused. My lap felt terrible and yet I'm way higher up the leaderboard than I expected. And I went to share my replay, but the language in my title or description apparently was "unsuitable" for PD and I couldn't figure out what word it was. 🤷‍♂️ I didn't feel like taking the time to find out. Maybe I'll try to share again later with no text.
IMG_3158.jpg

I'll enjoy my time above @Gomario JSP and @Evilmuffin for one evening at least. :lol:
IMG_3159.jpg

53726601266_6f28259576_o.jpg

Yay I got within 2 seconds of the top time. Turn 5 is a very important corner so if you stuff it up, you'll lose a lot of time. You also have to get the gearshifts right to maximise your speed. This car doesn't have a huge amount of torque to drag itself out of corners, so if the revs drop too much, you'll kill your momentum. On a track with harsh elevation changes, momentum is everything so don't be afraid to send it!

Ohnooo.....I only got one ....and that's a engine swap.....no livery for me this time.....no orange speed colour......devastated...🙈😂😂😂😂
I was amazed that I even own one. Painted it with falken livery as soon as I finished yesterdays run. It goes sideways A LOT.
I'm sooo bad at this track it's not even funny 😕
I'm starting to feel like I'm bad at all of the tracks seeing the times on my leaderboard each TT. But this one gives me a headache. First run and I was 1:53 then mostly invalidated laps. Loaded @djolliea 's ghost just to see that I'm slow even on starights 😅.
Managed what looks like safe silver at the moment. Surprisingly this combo gives me a tons of fun. And I learn here a lot.
18f8548722943-screenshotUrl.jpg
18f8548722928-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
Err...I'm confused. My lap felt terrible and yet I'm way higher up the leaderboard than I expected. And I went to share my replay, but the language in my title or description apparently was "unsuitable" for PD and I couldn't figure out what word it was. 🤷‍♂️ I didn't feel like taking the time to find out. Maybe I'll try to share again later with no text.

I'll enjoy my time above @Gomario JSP and @Evilmuffin for one evening at least. :lol:
That's a nice first run mr miracle lap!, i woke up this morning seeing you got 3 tenths on me 😟
Glad i woke up at o-six-hundred to answer that :lol::lol:
@Gomario JSP 1'45'083 !!!!! 😱😱😱
Where did you go to get this time ??? It doesn't exist on my timer !!!!!! 🤣🤣🤣
Oeps.... :lol::lol:, there was def. more in it because my S1 wasn't all that good but ran out of time before work :lol:
Very fun challenge this one!, i think you will progress very well on this one mon ami!

So I indeed picked up some time compared to my Remote run yesterday.
It's def. more alive and a bit more controllable on direct PS5, the fastest way is to balance the car just before the tail goes woopyy..
and remote has that extra few miliseconds in lag that you can't have on this one, so i was sideways a lot more on the laptop.

So felt better on the bigscreen and was a joy of a first session.
Bummed that i couln't reach a 44, but it's def in there.

18f854871f537-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
I play with a wheel but the controller sensitivity setting definitely does affect the steering wheel, not just the controller.

Gonna try and grab a 43.9 later tonight.

Jeddah and yuhki drive way way too many miles for me to catch them.
I have it out of 10 and I never touch it and for the sirocco how much did you have it for? Can I write a little about the influence on the steering wheel or the sensations if you decrease or increase this value?

I have it out of 10 and I never touch it and for the sirocco how much did you have it for? Can I write a little about the influence on the steering wheel or the sensations if you decrease or increase this value?
For me it's still a grey area on controller :lol:, you open the controller settings and it says forcefeedback, I know a montionsteering alien here who benefits quite well from playing with those setting so for that it def. does something :lol: :lol: ...., for me i can't feel any difference :lol::lol:, and so it seems that controller sensitivity also does something for the wheel to....., just shoot me... :lol::lol:

GTplanet taking over the complete top 100 every timetrial, but we have no idea what the heck those settings do :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
For me it's still a grey area on controller :lol:, you open the controller settings and it says forcefeedback, I know a montionsteering alien here who benefits quite well from playing with those setting so for that it def. does something :lol: :lol: ...., for me i can't feel any difference :lol::lol:, and so it seems that controller sensitivity also does something for the wheel to....., just shoot me... :lol::lol:

GTplanet taking over the complete top 100 every timetrial, but we have no idea what the heck those settings do :lol::lol::lol:
Hahaha, yeah I was also confused too until
@P-Courty explained it in words or car/track combo that I could actually sense it. I can recommend whoever wants to do that test, do test it and feel how it feels for you regardless if you are on controller or wheel.
And me feeling extra smart today 🤣 I can share more advices so, this new TT is absolutely great for whoever wants to learn a bit more and get faster. Weight transfers, releasing brake in right moment, everything, car is slow enough for a lot of practice and feeling how it behaves. Go get some gold tigers. I drove one session now and it wasn't even something of a good lap so I am surprised that I am already in aliens badge territory. (Busy life will be off for a week but I would love to grind this one into some really fast time)
1000022247.jpg

Indeed, because in the end it's the hours you spend disappointed and trying again that make the difference 😅

Latest Posts

Back