top gear test track

Finland
Åland Islands, Finland
race_fanatic_
You were able to drive the top geat test track in gt5 and then it was taken away for gt6. Obviously people who drive gran turismo are car entusiasts and car entusiasts watch top gear. Therefor it's very fun to go on the same track as they do and just testing cars, comparing lap times e.t.c.

You were able to drive the top geat test track in gt5 and then it was taken away for gt6. Obviously people who drive gran turismo are car entusiasts and car entusiasts watch top gear. Therefor it's very fun to go on the same track as they do and just testing cars, comparing lap times e.t.c.
Won't happen, cause Forza got Top Gear License.

That is... quite a stretch of logic. o.o

Last edited:
Shoot! Looks like I'm going back to GT5 for it too. Shame.
It's funny cause when I looked around on the web, and read some post's that Top Gear UK had on their website, they talked about Gran Turismo a lot! And they had posts about GT6 and GT7 and talking with Kaz and all that, and they talked about GT5 when it was coming out, and they were very fond about the Top Gear Test Track being in it. Can't believe they tool back the rights.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a good track its just how PD developed it is the problem. For example there was no option to use the whole track/airport as a speed testing or drag racing area or remove cones. PD probably don't know what the word option means.

If it was to be implemented back into gt6 it should be just called airport track with no text based mention of where it is and put under the original section and say it was made up to avoid licensing issues and then update it later if they are solved.

Its a good track its just how PD developed it is the problem. For example there was no option to use the whole track/airport as a speed testing or drag racing area or remove cones. PD probably don't know what the word option means.

If it was to be implemented back into gt6 it should be just called airport track with no text based mention of where it is and put under the original section and say it was made up to avoid licensing issues and then update it later if they are solved.
I like the No Name option. That sounds like the way to do it. Good thinking.

A generic version of the Dunsford Aerodrome (Top Gear Test Track) would be something I would approve too, it'll please the Top Gear fans of GT without upsetting the rights currently held by Forza 5.

If they do, they should also at least add the circuit race variants (almost similar to like what Forza 4 had, adding the drag strip would be a plus.):
East short (Follow-through to Hammerhead - Start after Chicago Curve)
West short (Gambon to Follow-through - Start at original starting line)
High speed version (No Hammerhead Chicane or Follow-through)

Also in the Hot laps, the cars should also start at a stop at the starting line (Similar to goodwood's hot lap)

Forza may now own the rights for Top Gear content, but GT still has The Stig's official uniform in BOTH the Black-Suit and White-Suit versions (guess it was kept in GT6 because the suits didn't have "The Stig" in it's name).

Last edited:
or copy the gt5 disk to your computer, extract the track, add icons and update the map, call it dunsfold aerodrome, release as an update!

I would have done this ages ago, if only I was skilled enough.

p.s. maybe one of you could...

Last edited:
Yes yes! I don't care about licenses just bring it back but just make it a fun, no walls track. The cones, tight invisible walls and crazy invisible track lines you might accidentally cross that invalidate your lap made the track such a pain to TT on.

(I know I have to care about licenses and that it's gone from GT forever but let a man dream.. :( )

not gonna happen...
Microsoft bought out all the rights for the track for Forza 5 exclusively

That is not true, that is a huge misconception. The Top Gear license, including the Test track, is not exclusive to Forza 5. Just because no one else has licensed it doesn't mean its exclusive to Turn 10.

That is not true, that is a huge misconception. The Top Gear license, including the Test track, is not exclusive to Forza 5. Just because no one else has licensed it doesn't mean its exclusive to Turn 10.
Well it's been licensed in GT5 and other games before and suddenly they dropped it because Microsoft bought Top Gear rights. Yeah definitely not because of that.

Well it's been licensed in GT5 and other games before and suddenly they dropped it because Microsoft bought Top Gear rights. Yeah definitely not because of that.

What other games? Name me another game, even prior to GT5, that had the license to Top Gear because as far as I can recall, no one did.

Koeniggsegg isn't on GT. Does that automatically mean it is exclusive to Forza?

This track was fun for dirty nascar but its not that great and Id rather they focus on other tracks

So even if GT5 got the Top Gear Test Track sooner then Forza, we can't have it in GT6 because Forza 5 made a contract with the BBC?

I don't get it.

So GT only had a license and an approval to put the track in the game, they didn't plan anything ahead for it, so that's why we don't have it now?

TopGear is BBC and as far as I know the Beeb can't offer exclusive deals when it comes to this sort of thing.

TGTT is gone because PD wanted it gone; I imagine they saw what T10 did with their TopGear content and said "ooh-er, we haven't gone as far as this".

Back