Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 2,991 comments
How does this work if you already did the races? Does it like "reset" and you have to do again?

I'm in US and the new challenges haven't come out yet, but I already have a 1st for that Fuji 800pp race. So will that immediately show up as completed or do you have to do it again to complete the weekly challenge?

How does this work if you already did the races? Does it like "reset" and you have to do again?

I'm in US and the new challenges haven't come out yet, but I already have a 1st for that Fuji 800pp race. So will that immediately show up as completed or do you have to do it again to complete the weekly challenge?
It's a fresh challenge; it doesn't reset your game progress, but you will need to finish third or better again to pass the Weekly Challenge.

I really hope they put up some 10-20 million credit cars as a reward as even with the new custom race payouts I would find it difficult to part with so many credits. I mean that’s 5 hours of grinding my little abarth round and round Daytona 😆

I won the Honda NSX Type-R, but I hadn't bought one yet so it also completed another extra menu book, though the reward for that was naff. I do like this weekly event feature, it gives the game some needed structure. It doesn't take too long to complete, I did it in under an hour before work this morning, and there's the prospect of some decent prizes for that time as well. Hopefully they'll keep adding more unique races each week to mix things up, shame there wasn't one this week.

The feature isn't disappointing, their utilisation of it on the literal 2nd week is. It has good potential (as most of the game does) but to not bother with a unique event after the 1st week is a shame.
THIS. The game has so much potential. If you look at at like a set of paints and brushes for an artist. All the colours and styles of brush are there, but in PDs hands, we get a stick man, square house and a smiley sun, Instead of the potential Mona Lisa.

Is the car ticket for a single instant car or the invitational car awards? Desperate to get my hands on a Huayra or Enzo.

They're all new to me, I've barely touched the SP events until this. :D

But yes, hopefully they do include some special events going forward, disappointing to have none. I like the 6 star car award though. Maybe a 6 star invitation ticket next please?

I thought these weekly events were new, not just picked from existing events..
They will include unique events occasionally, how occasionally we don't know, there was one new unique event that was avaialble for 1 week last week, but none this week.

Is the car ticket for a single instant car or the invitational car awards? Desperate to get my hands on a Huayra or Enzo.
No idea...

The Article
That’s a Six-Star Roulette Ticket (Car), and it remains to be seen precisely what this means but we’re expecting it to contain some high-value vehicles.

... but I wouldn't go in expecting Invite cars to be included. That said, I don't recall if people have won Invite cars from regular six-stars or not (I think that they have; I recall an FXXK) so maybe.
I thought these weekly events were new, not just picked from existing events..
You should read GTPlanet more, as we covered this with the update itself and the first set of events (twice), as well as in the article for this week's.

Nine of the ten events so far have been existing ones, with only the Porsche "Special Event" last week being a unique creation.

The CLK-LM eats anything WTC800 for breakfast 😎
Might try that this time around. It wasn't available when I did it the first time. The NSX is really good in the rain, FWIW..
Got Stage 5 weight reduction for the Hellcat Safety car and a Zonda R(worth 1,039,700-haven’t sold it) for my troubles.
If you don't already have that Zonda R, it's amazing!

You can definitely win invite only cars through regular tickets, I got the Carrera GT this way and I know someone who got a Vulcan.
I won the Citroen road car through a roulette.

Last edited:
I did all 5 races last week but I think I'll skip this week. Like many others I expected a true seasonal style unique events, not just regurgitated single player events. Plus I already bought all cars and parts, and have more than enough credits from TTs, so none of the ticket rewards are that enticing.

With the amount of cars and tracks in the game they could just randomise the selection and have unique combos every week. So disappointing how PD always does the absolute minimum effort when it comes to creativity.

Given the only cars available from the plain-Jane verison of the 6-star ticket are those worth at least either 451,000 Cr. or 500,000 Cr. (at a 20% chance, I don't know if the 460,000-Cr. 2006 Ford GT or the 480,000-Cr. 2020 AMG Mercedes-AMG GT3 are is part of this tier or the lower one, that the 6-star car ticket would have just expensive cars as valid prizes would be a safe assumption.

The usual suspects also don't have any information on the new 6-star car ticket, at least on the platform formerly known as Twitter. Also, nobody, as of this typing, has reported a car ticket in our roulette prize log.

Edit - the 2006 Ford GT, as an original Menu Book prize car, is not one that can be won from roulette tickets. Still don't know about the 2020 AMG Mercedes-AMG GT3.
i got a car ticket for my daily today, 6 race cars - i received a group 3 genesis, i can't remember how many stars the ticket had

Might try that this time around. It wasn't available when I did it the first time. The NSX is really good in the rain, FWIW..

If you don't already have that Zonda R, it's amazing!
I used to drive in GTS. Redid the Zonda test, in PSVR2, a while back.

I don't know if the new " car tickets " are for invitation cars only and i doubt about that .
For sure you can win an invitation car from a ticket as it happens with me last week that i got the invitation Bugatti one.
What you don't get ( at least till now ) is the LCD cars .

Last edited:
I don't know about anyone else but I've been using the weekly challenges as a great foundation for deciding how I engage with the single player content.

Since they added the Event Directory and improved payouts for custom races, along with the Sophy implementation my gameplay loop has looked something this:

Weekly Challenge race > dive into remaining events of same series > imitate same race conditions using Custom Race, trying different cars & Sophy where available.

Last night I smashed a few WTC900 events using my brand new McLaren F1 GTR racecar, then went on to replicate the races in custom mode without the tyre and fuel multipliers and finally signed off with a challenge against the Sophy AI. None of which was a massive credit haul, but looking back at the session I earned some half decent rewards whilst having a great time.

I like this format. It can highlight cool events that we often don't even pay attention to.
This challenge at Nürburgring, for example, is very interesting - with many changes in the weather and with the leaders 996 and 997 determined to win. :lol:

Below, the moment I had just been overtaken on the Döttinger Höhe. (992 full stock).

Gran Turismo® 7_20231109113208.jpg

i got a car ticket for my daily today, 6 race cars - i received a group 3 genesis, i can't remember how many stars the ticket had
I wish you could remember which star it was, and whether the ticket itself said it was a car ticket. Randomly-dropping "normal" tickets with only cars showing up on the wheel have always been a thing, though I don't recall seeing a normal 6-star with only cars. The Gr.3 Genesis wouldn't be a valid prize on a normal 6-star Wheel, though it is on 3-, 4-, and 5-star tickets.

Thought I'd be a bit different, did the WTC 800 @ Fuji in the wet in the GTR....not the Gr3 one....the street car lol. Took 2 pit stops have enough fuel but won it by 36 seconds in the end. That 4WD makes all the difference in the wet.

Back