Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 2,993 comments
Got pretty fortunate today with these weekly challenges. Being as the prizes weren't too great (with the 5* ticket being potentially useless), I figured I'd at least do the three easy one for the 300k. So I did those, and got a 6* ticket for the marathon. At that point, figured I'd just do the last two races and take the chance of getting a good prize or a set of connecting rods for the Tesla... yea, you read that right!

I am happy to say that in addition to the 300k, the 5* ticket gave me 500k (which was the biggest prize on the wheel) and the 6* gave me the BMW VGT car which I did not previously own, saving me the 1mil to buy it at some point. \m/\m/

Last edited:
I did the stock Evo 9 as well for panorama. Posted about it a few days ago. 😂😂😂🔥🔥🔥
A69A85A4-8F5F-4EF5-8B86-FF7A50F88A4F.gif

My motivation for this week's races was quite limited to say the least - maybe I had spent too much of it for the R4 race last week. :lol:

What I did for the first time was buy a brand new car for each challenge ( except the WTC 800 ) in order to start out completely stock.
However, I immediately had the impression that my stock cars wouldn't cut it - some were too slow simply, some would have needed "serious practicing" to get in reach of the podium ( hard race mode ). Since I wasn't in the mood for "serious practicing" I gave each car the same initial treatment which was
  • slap on soft tires
  • put in a high range turbo / compressor
  • reduce weight ( wr1 )
One of the cars got a racing transmission, you might already suspect something.

Race 1
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240316125403.jpg
In stock form the Fiat was too slow - the upgraded version was overpowered.

Race 2
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240316173627.jpg
I love Bathurst and this race was just perfect. Overtook Hizal in the very last turn.

Race 3
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240316094704.jpg
The stock TTS '09 appeared too slow for a 3 lap race. Much respect to those who won this with the car.

Race 4
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240316215306.jpg
Favorite race this week besides Mt. Panorama. This old Dodge is a monster, my oh my.

Race 5
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240315143238.jpg
No need to explain anything I guess. The big bad boy was a class of its own of course with an incredible growl.

As you can see, I'm in my "blue phase" this week ... or should I say I went "plum crazy" ? :D
For completeness : I got 100.000 cr from the 5 star ticket.

Today I finished the last 2 races left, and I kept the overkill theme.

• Viper GTS 13 at Trial Mountain. Easy CRB win
  • Mercedes CLK LM 98 at HSR. Easy wet win.

I think that HSR event is underaprecciated. If the payout were decent (even without the certain CRB bonus as at Sardegna) it would a great race to repeat over and over.

View attachment 1338006

The 5 stars ticket gave me..... A Pagani invitation. Which would be my 3rd this year and 4th overall. The funny thing is that yesterday I had an invitation expired for the same Pagani dealership.... Go figure.
I agree with you for the HSR event. Even though it got me enraged because of how the car became suddenly ridiculously uncontrollable on the wet abd not being able at all to get separation from that damn wall, up until that point it was super fun. I will certainly try to do this even again wth lower PP cars as much as possible just for the challenge.

As for the useless repeated invites...I'm in the same boat as you. Seems like it's all or nothing for some people.

My motivation for this week's races was quite limited to say the least - maybe I had spent too much of it for the R4 race last week. :lol:

What I did for the first time was buy a brand new car for each challenge ( except the WTC 800 ) in order to start out completely stock.
However, I immediately had the impression that my stock cars wouldn't cut it - some were too slow simply, some would have needed "serious practicing" to get in reach of the podium ( hard race mode ). Since I wasn't in the mood for "serious practicing" I gave each car the same initial treatment which was
  • slap on soft tires
  • put in a high range turbo / compressor
  • reduce weight ( wr1 )
One of the cars got a racing transmission, you might already suspect something.

Race 1
View attachment 1338004
In stock form the Fiat was too slow - the upgraded version was overpowered.

Race 2
View attachment 1338008
I love Bathurst and this race was just perfect. Overtook Hizal in the very last turn.

Race 3
View attachment 1338010
The stock TTS '09 appeared too slow for a 3 lap race. Much respect to those who won this with the car.

Race 4
View attachment 1338012
Favorite race this week besides Mt. Panorama. This old Dodge is a monster, my oh my.

Race 5
View attachment 1338013
No need to explain anything I guess. The big bad boy was a class of its own of course with an incredible growl.

As you can see, I'm in my "blue phase" this week ... or should I say I went "plum crazy" ? :D
For completeness : I got 100.000 cr from the 5 star ticket.
The R92CP is just an incredible car in this game. I know the 787B by the numbers is better but I just get along with the Nissan much much more. It's so easy to get in a groove and just churn out consistency. It's a cheat code for me. 👍👍👍

The R92CP is just an incredible car in this game. I know the 787B by the numbers is better but I just get along with the Nissan much much more. It's so easy to get in a groove and just churn out consistency. It's a cheat code for me. 👍👍👍
:)

Would you believe me if I told you I hadn't used it before aside from some tests on Sardegna and the IA-5 license ? True. It was just there in my garage, it was blue ( not kidding ) so I gave it a go. GT4 memories of an almost uncontrollable beast are still in my head, so it's always a bit of a surprise what a wonderful car the GT7 version is.

Would you believe me if I told you I hadn't used it before aside from some tests on Sardegna and the IA-5 license ? True. It was just there in my garage, it was blue ( not kidding ) so I gave it a go. GT4 memories of an almost uncontrollable beast are still in my head, so it's always a bit of a surprise what a wonderful car the GT7 version is.
I continue to find these Easter eggs (lol) in this game. This thread (and the weekly challenges themselves) actually seems to help a ton with cars I wouldn't normally try.

The R92CP is just an incredible car in this game.

Uh oh, I guess I need to get mine out of the garage and drive it because I haven't either! I specifically bought it from legend cars a looong time ago too.

I haven't really been in any of the group C cars at all. I've not found many races where I feel the C cars aren't a sledgehammer to the competition, or outclassed by newer iron, which I guess has led me to not making time to enjoy them.

I have used the Silk Cut Jaguar in the Neo-Classical and it was a nice drive though it was slow shifting, and it didn't really resonate with me that much. I tend to enjoy road cars the most, and I think the group C cars are about as far removed from a road car as you can get, so I don't really expect them to provide a fun and communicative drive, and this thinking is probably a mistake.

I haven't driven the 787 or the R92, but now I know what I'm doing the next time I hop into GT!

I gave Bathurst a go again and this time in a stock '04 Sti with SS just to see how it compares to the EVO. It's a great car but it got a bit squirely on me on braking. It was a more exciting race than with the EVO and I only took the lead on the second lap up in MP. I love these close races with a stock car. Let's see if the older EVO's can handle it stock.

It took me a while to get to all the races this week. Here's what I used.

18e58dad28d2-screenshotUrl~2.jpg

The new Friday schedule isn't great for me getting them all finished on the first day like when they were Thursdays. But that's fine.

The 5-Star ticket rewarded me a nice British Racing Green Ferrari F8. Broke it in at Le Mans for some easy credits.

18e58dabfea19-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
Uh oh, I guess I need to get mine out of the garage and drive it because I haven't either! I specifically bought it from legend cars a looong time ago too.

I haven't really been in any of the group C cars at all. I've not found many races where I feel the C cars aren't a sledgehammer to the competition, or outclassed by newer iron, which I guess has led me to not making time to enjoy them.

I have used the Silk Cut Jaguar in the Neo-Classical and it was a nice drive though it was slow shifting, and it didn't really resonate with me that much. I tend to enjoy road cars the most, and I think the group C cars are about as far removed from a road car as you can get, so I don't really expect them to provide a fun and communicative drive, and this thinking is probably a mistake.

I haven't driven the 787 or the R92, but now I know what I'm doing the next time I hop into GT!
I don't remember what I did to neuter the R92CP I use for grinding but at 800 pp it's just a great car. Sips fuel and barely touches the tires. It's light so you can brake really really hard. It's a time gainer against the AI. You literally can drive it right around them pretty much everywhere.

Let's see, I tuned up my Model 3 a tiny bit over 650PP, but still easily got a clean P1 at the American Clubman Cup 700 race. Then I did the newly-added Sunday Cup Classic round at Tsukuba. I was gonna use my engine-swapped Sambabus, but I decided to go for the Ferrari 500 Mondial instead - not that it was even remotely a challenge or anything. But for the Tourist Trophy round at Nurburgring Sprint, I used the third-gen TT with nothing else purchased other than Sport Softs, and I feel like it was indeed a decent challenge for me.

Next, I'm planning to take my J2Z-swapped GR Yaris to Mt. Panorama, as well as my trust Corvette C7 Gr.3 to High Speed Ring to wrap things up.

I always found the Mercedes-Benz CLK-LM a reliable option for the Neo-Classic Competition in general, and then for the Race of Turbo Sportscars, I'm planning to go with my tried-and-true 2JZ-swapped GR Yaris. The one-make is what it is. So that leaves the European Sunday Cup 500 at Sardegna B and the Japanese Clubman Cup 550 at Laguna Seca, the latter of which I haven't done yet since it was just added.

Sure, I could ignore the suggest PP for those two and just cheese them, but where's the fun in that? Even if the PP limit is a mere suggestion, I do like to try entering a car just barely below the suggestion as if it were actually enforced. Maybe for the European Sunday Cup, I could try using a K20-swapped Abarth 595 I had laying around, and for the Japanese Clubman Cup, I had something similar: a Honda S800 with the 2&4's engine put into it. Not sure if either swapped car will actually reach the respective PP, but I'll check it out.

As potential alternatives, I could try using the newly-added second-gen Audi TT for the former, albeit with some settings made to the ballast and power limiter. For the latter, I could just take a Nissan Z Performance, put on some Sport Softs, and then tinker with the ballast and power limiter if the Sport Softs end up bringing the car past 550PP. Otherwise, for these two cars, I don't really plan to buy any other tuning options, if only to save credits.

EDIT: I had an even better idea for the European Sunday Cup if the K20-swapped Abarth doesn't cut it - a completely bone-stock Volkswagen Scirocco R, as KudosPrime says it comes in at 499 PP. If, in practice, it's a little over that, then I'll just install a ballast and power limiter and change their settings accordingly. If it's under that, I'll just put on some Sport Mediums and then play with the other two parts if that overshoots it.

Last edited:
I always found the Mercedes-Benz CLK-LM a reliable option for the Neo-Classic Competition in genera...
A lot of people use this car for the 800pp races (with some tweaks) and it seems to work well. All I'll add is don't look past the 08 NSX GT500. If I recall, all it needs are RM tires and it's still under the 800pp (RS will put it over). It's great on fuel and tires. My go-to personally.

3004b48e74f7c7afe0da54fe35ce85cf_photo.webp

Last edited:
It looks like an ok set of races with a decent money reward. However not so good for those players who don't own a Superbird already.

The thing costs 529k, which is pretty much half of the whole money reward.

Latest Posts

Back