Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 2,907 comments
Car ticket gave me a SF23 Honda variant. Planned on selling until I noticed I only had the Toyota. Decent results with cars I didn’t need to adjust to win. Only money spent tuning this week was on dirt tires for my stock Lamborghini Jelly Bean. Dirt track race was fun compared to the TT or 1 vs 1 regular races where you have to run wide open sliding all over the track just to win.

Okay, finished the main account’s weekly races.

Race 2 at Fisherman’s Ranch: Stock Lambo Urus with dirt tires - 1st Place. What a fat pig this thing is. And how the heck is some orange plastic fencing supposed to stop this thing in an instant? Anyway, it takes flight like a champ but landing is not its strong suit. No doubt every Urus had to be thrown in the junkyard after this race.

20970900856428520.jpg

Race 4 at Autopolis: Lexus LF-LC GT VGT - 1st Place. Terrible name for a car. Other than that it was…. okay. Sketchy car at times. But I think it is more of an issue with the track than the car. This track does not like you driving on the curbs on the inside of turns. They are stupid slippery on this track. The outside curbs have grip, so that’s good. But the car easily got in to first place on lap 4. Nothing really remarkable about this race though. I don’t really like this track that much. The first couple turns after the straight just put me in a bad mood for the rest of the lap. Didn’t take a photo either it was that unremarkable.

Race 5 at Laguna Seca: Silvia Gr.4 Touring Car - 692.20pp - easy 1st Place. Love the car, hate the track. Sausages, sausages, sausages. Why do they have sausages on this track? This can be a fun track in cars that only have 550pp, but anything more than that and you need to keep your speed up to get the downforce to help keep grip. These stupid sausages screw up just about every turn on the track. Anyway, I had to get a photo in the corkscrew.

20970010153353360.jpg

6* car ticket gave me a Tomahawk S VGT.

Last edited:
Forgot to post last week's, but I finished them (begrudgingly bought whatever it was I needed for the special event, seeing as the reward for finishing all 5 only put me at even). Would have bought the Toyota this week, but I've had my eye on the F40 and finally had the credits to buy it! Very happy about that...

Phoned it in a bit this week:

Special Event - Urus - fun, easy 1st. Not something I'd normally buy, but I like the rally events.
European Clubman Cup 600 - (using controller when I was too lazy to set up the wheel) - F40
VGT Trophy - (also controller) Lexus LF-LC GT VGT
Hypercar Parade - Ferrari FFX K
WTC 700 - My trusty old Porsche Gr.3 that keeps coming in over (PP) weight... would Polyphony calm down and just let the ratings rock?!

LaFerrari for the 6* ticket - pretty happy about that as I'd planned to pick it up eventually, but really wanted the Enzo.

Last edited:
Maybe a bit controversial, but I think The Rally of the Urethras is one of the most FUN races in the game with a stock car.

First tried to get the CRB, but the AI is out for blood so I changed strategy from gentleman driver to full lunatic-without-concern-for-human-life-mode. Hide yo kids, hide yo wife etc.
And since the cars are humongously big and the AI is driving the same way, that makes it fun and a nice change from all the super serious driving I’m always doing (cough).

Just wish this event was a permanent addition…

Last edited:
In between various Easter festivities I'll give you a short report about races 3 and 4. I've been using the Nissan GT-R Nismo for the Hypercar Parade, the Genesis VGT for the VGT Trophy.

The Nismo is one of my favorite go-to cars that's got a full 700 PP race setup usually, for this event I downgraded the car to 655 PP by reducing power and mounting SH tires, the compound most of the AI opponents use. Came in second on my first attempt, the next one brought the win. The race has been intense, needed four and half a laps to clear the Veneno. No CRB. There's not been any contact, however, I think I've violated track limits at times. :rolleyes:
The Genesis VGT looks sensational imo, I love that design. I had never really driven it before , so I thought to just give the car a go. Needed two or three laps to realize that the Berlinetta is quite a handful with the stock setup, so I reduced power to 75 % and slapped on RH tires for 775 PP all in all ... which then made for a close race vs the Porsche VGT rocket ship and a nice-to-handle Genesis.

Here's the boards and some photos :

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240330195538.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240330190923.jpg
Braking for T9 ...

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240331150849.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240331134450.jpg
The twisty Interlagos infield ...

Not sure when I have the time to tackle Laguna Seca, I'll be back though for sure. Cheers all.

P.S.
No issues with tickets so far.

Last edited:
Completed the last two races today, used the lexus LF-LC GT for the VGT race, and the SLS gr4 for the wtc700.

I got the Chapparal 2X VGT from the car ticket, I'll hold on to it for now.

I really don't need more busy work in this game but I'm always disappointed how quickly I am completing these even if I leave them for later in the week.

Well, finished the weeklies in the second account. Buying the Urus put me over collector level 50. No real point to keep progressing that account since it can’t unlock anything else and my main account already has every car in the game. Needless to say, there really is no economy issue in the game. My second account has 130 cars in it. A good splattering of every category and PP level. I can win every race with the cars I have. I’ve only bought 14 cars. 4 or 5 of them have been to run special events for the weeklies that paid out either big money or a 6* car ticket. Total spent on cars is 5.6 M credits, 3.5M was for the 787b. Have almost 28M available credits in the account from doing races. No grinding at all. I’ve only run Spa and Tokyo once each. Never ran Le Mans or Sardegna.

So I’ll just stick with the main account from now on.

Last edited:
Ok, Finale Grande for this week, with one challenge still missing.
I realized I'm not the only one who has a weakness for the Silvia Touring Car - and there's never been the slightest doubt on my side that she's my car for the Laguna Seca race.
I only had a vague memory of how that race was so that's why setup and race strategy were a rough guess more or less. I went with RH tires and a slightly down-tuned car with a total of 649 PP for a no-stopper, luckily FM1 for 80 % of the distance with a bit of coasting and short-shifting was ok and it all panned out to be an easy win then 25 sec ahead of the Swift.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240402121244.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240401215011.jpg
Trying to out-pace the Toyota ...

I mentioned before I never had any issues with tickets and this is still fact :

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240402123400.jpg

And last but not least for @Tommy_D :

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240402121325.jpg

Reverse order ! :)

Your ultra-wide format photos are cool. 👍

Well I did the Lambeau Leap
riuodh4pr5psatbgrkxd.jpg

Whoops I meant to say the Lambo Sweep. I used the Urus for the 1st 3 races then the Lambo VGT for the last two. I find that the Urus drives like ..... a heavy SUV. It's coll to drive I think I need to mess around with it to get where I want it though. I enjoyed the Blue Moon infield race. That's a fun section of that track. For the prize car I got another Lambo VGT. I sold it even though I know I might eventually get another one.

I decided to revisit a couple of the races with other cars after my initial go at them:
My races and rewards this week:

European Clubman Cup at Blue Moon Bay - Porsche Carrera GT, fully tuned on SS tyres. A handful but an easy win.

Hypercar Parade at Trial Mountain - Ferrari VGT, first, but abandoned the race because I got to the lead in 1 lap and found it too easy. Switched to my Sardegna-tuned F8 Tributo instead, which still stomped the field but took three laps to get the lead.

VGT Trophy at Interlagos - Alpine VGT '17 detuned to meet reqs. Easy win in the end (about 13s lead). Love driving this car!

WTC700 at Laguna Seca - Honda NSX Gr.3, detuned to meet reqs. Too easy. No-stop race on RH tyres and won by over 40s.

Saved the Urus event for last. Bought a black one, strapped on some dirt tyres. Won by about 16s. Fun to drive around the dirt in this thing, but way too easy!

Rewards:

3-star daily gave me a dupe Lexus RC-F - sold for not a lot.
6-star Parts ticket gave me a High Lift Cams S for Maserati Gran Turismo S.
6-star Car ticket gave me a Porsche 917 Living Legend. I've already got one from whej i bought the game, but I kept this one because I can.

After winning the 917 Living Legend and the cams for the Maserati, I think I'll revisit the Hypercar Parade and European Clubman Cup in those two cars respectively. Also, after seeing @2cam16 Nissan Z GT4 build above, I think I fancy trying my own - maybe an engine swapped Mazda Atenza Road Car?
Took the Maserati to Blue Moon Bay, and absolutely destroyed the field. I haven't driven mine in ages, but forgot how stable and rapid it actually is! I've since put it back into my list of usable cars that needs more running!

Then tried to use the Porsche 917 in the Hypercar parade - not eligible for entry...

Then tried to see if the Porsche 917 could be used in the VGT trophy - not eligible for entry...

WTC700 in the Porsche 917 - not eligible for entry...

What use is this car?! Oh, wait. That's right - it completely kills at Sardegna WTC800! So I've run it around there a bunch of times to build some credits up after buying the Ferrari 250 GTO!

Coming back to the WTC700 at Laguna Seca, I decided to take my 787B-swapped Atenza Gr.3 Road Car (in full JTCC Castrol Lantis inspired livery) and give it a run. The fuel economy on that engine is something else! No stop race on RH tyres, maxed at 700PP, won by miles! Actually too easy in all honesty! So I then decided to hop into the Alfa 4C Gr.4, with high-RPM turbo. Fuel saving all the way and short-shifting on RH tyres, and it again wins this super easy.

Might have one last go at the WTC700 race, but this time around I think I might try using something like the Alfa Giulia GTa or BMW M2...

Last edited:
Race 1 - Audi R8 Coupe V10 plus '16 - bought SS and confronted AI on unknown territory, on the track I don't like, specially now in reverse. Followed and overtook where was the chance, that brought me to first place in the end - by 0.606s. Got the parts ticket and Stroke Up S for DeLorean - the very same part I got TODAY from daily marathon 4 star ticket 🙄

18ea533b37956-screenshotUrl.jpg

Race 2 - Lamborghini Urus '18 - one-make at difficult circuit which layout I already forgot... So it was the same as in first race; follow and overtake when you can. I managed to came 3rd, with only 0.8s from 4th.

18ea534431863-screenshotUrl.jpg

Race 3 - Enzo Ferrari '02 - bought it with invite, put SS and went racing, this time on very good known circuit. How laps were going, I was more and more in front, to eventually came in chance to attack leader in Veneno, that I also bought before this race with Lamborghini invite (those two I have active), but I brake too late at the end of back straight and spun. Went back and finished second. This one I'll try with Veneno too... Got 150k ticket.

18ea534a3dc66-screenshotUrl.jpg

Weekly Challenges I'm driving from cockpit view, with only ABS default, so I'm not good as I would with outside camera. But it's pleasure to drive from cockpit...

Races 4 and 5 are tomorrow.

Done them yesterday as well, while grinding for the GT-One.

Race 1 - Blue Moon Infield
Used the M3 Sport Evolution at 590-something PP. Car's nasty around slow corners but easily took the W home.

Race 2 - Urus Special
I didn't even want to buy this car since I hate its own existence. Used it stock with dirt tires, came P2, that's more than enough. It's going into oblivion where it deserves to stay forever.

Race 3 - Hypercar Parade at Trial Mountain
Did it with the FXX-K tuned for 800pp races and won very easily, always a challenge to manage the hybrid power. A quick 150k with the clean race bonus nonetheless.

Race 4 - VGT Race at Interlagos
Used the Bugatti VGT once again tuned for the 800pp grind races. The Porsche was insanely fast but in the end managed a P1, it was a fun one!

Race 5 - WTC700 at Laguna Seca
For the grand finale I used the 155, what a machine! Won with extreme ease, car is fantastic to drive but definitely don't treat it as if it was a 4WD. And of course, I hate the sausages inside every single corner of this track.

Car ticket gave me the Genesis VGT, which is a really nice prize! Definetly happy about it, saved a million and love the looks of the car.

Finally had time for the first three weeklies today. So far this week is an exercise in not murdering the AI.

Ferrari F40 - Blue Moon Bay

What a frustrating race to get a CRB on. I was determined to get this one done clean with a car under 600PP.

First couple runs were done with my RWB Porsche 930. Got first several times, but never clean, and the car just isn't that fun to drive on SH. Did it again in a C63 which just felt like a fatty after the Porsche. Was still doable win, but it was over 600PP on SH, and was also not super fun... then again in the F430, which is always great, but I did one race and that damn Alfa blitzed me on the final straight forcing me to lose by .006 seconds.

The AI here suuuck. They plow through corners, oversteer and bump into you, fly off track, brake randomly and just generally make for a bad time. But that Alfa, that's the one we're racing, and even though he does the same terrible driving, it's got 1000hp and melts the face off of anything next to it in a straight line. With some luck, the Alfa will get stuck in traffic and allow for an early pass, but that doesn't always happen.

I landed on the F40 because I love it, and it's been a while since I drove it. My elbows were out here a bit as this race continued to irritate me, but not enough to invalidate the CRB, the Ferrari made for a pleasant win, and as always, a great drive. So this one can be done under 600PP cleanly, it just isn't the most fun thing in the world to do in many cars!

Urus - Fishermans Ranch

Why would anyone sell their Urus? This thing is awesome, and this race proves it.

I did this one three times aiming for the CRB, but even with no/little contact, it never happened, but it was still a welcome change from the previous BMB race. The AI here are still dumb, but at least they don't pack an extra 400hp under their hoods. They are pretty easy to pass on the first lap, even though it takes some work to get around them while they wallow around, and in clear air the Lambo eats up the dirt.

The Urus is heavy, sure, but it's good on the brakes and can be thrown into corners hard when you're on them. Then all you have to do is mash the throttle when you have somewhere to go. It handles the jumps well, is faster than it should be, and made for a great race. That's pretty much what we're all here for, right?

I bought another one to tune, but just haven't yet. I'm looking forward to playing with the F/R torque bias, brakes, and of course, adding some more power!

Camaro (!?) - Trial Mountain

I purposely misunderstood the assignment. It said "hypercar", but either I didn't feel like driving any of them right now or they were just too OP to be fun (ahem, Valkyrie)… with the exception of the F8, but I've put a lot of miles on it already.

Sooo... Camaro ZL1. Why not? Let's see if a 70K American pony car can beat up on 20 million dollars worth of hypercar. I'll give you a hint, it very much can.

Even though this ZL1 is stock aside from it's SS tires it's just a monster on the track. I always have to do a little adjustment when driving it because of how quick the steering rack is, but once calibrated this thing is a force to be reckoned with. The AI were "normally" bad here in the standard way they are at Trial Mountain so the Camaro made quick and entertaining work of them with the exception of the Veneno in front which put up a marginally more courageous fight, but still got trampled.

I should have time to do the VGT and GR4 races tomorrow and they should be good. I'm looking forward to driving the Bulgari VGT because it seems like an actual car. Hopefully the GR4 race is good too. It feels like it's been a long time since I've done anything in that class.

Happy lapping!

I’ve not had time to complete this week’s challenges so very disappointed I’ll miss out on a 6* car ticket and only get a pittance credits and a general 5* ticket this week when I will.
You've still got just under 11 hours.

Back