Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 2,862 comments
I used these cars this week.

18f20b956d752-screenshotUrl~2.jpg

I didn't really feel like a fight with the Jimmy, I have a tune that is pretty mild that makes these races pretty manageable.

The M2 was a pleasant drive. Never driven it before, so my inexperience left me P2, only a few tenths from first.

Alsace was ok, nothing crazy, but the RX-7 is always a fun drive.

Suzuka in the Civic TC. Good fun. Took a couple tries for the win. Gear selection is very important in getting the best speeds against equal machinery.

I tried a couple cars for the Gr.1 race. First an Audi R18, fail. Second and Audi VGT, better but still failed. I didn't have all day to run this race, so I went with the easy mode SF-23.

Unfortunately, my 6-Star Parts ticket gave me the shaft. A very inexpensive one, too.

18f20b97ed892-screenshotUrl.jpg

The 6-Star Car ticket got me a Gr.1 Audi that I hadn't bought yet, so saved me 1M credits.

18f20b9688f27-screenshotUrl.jpg

Parts tickets continue to be a disappointment.

Did only two races today, first location was the Alsace hosting that Sony Afeela promo event. I had chosen my car yesterday already which was the 400R. The stock car is close to the suggested PP level, I had never driven it before, and after having heard so many superlatives I thought this was a good idea. And this proved to be correct. The Nismo's a wonderful handling car just the way it is, absolutely predictable, providing lots of fun and it helped clearing that challenge at the first attempt. A CRB's been the icing on the cake. :D

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240427152444.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240427105316.jpg
Best overtake in a long time !

Well and then ... I decided to change the car.
Since the Afeela is new to the game ( and EVs being the future anyway ) I thought I give it a chance at least, just to get A FEEL for the A FEEL A if you want. ;) And yes, it's ok, it's quite quick, it's stable, and as others mentioned before, it's too silent to get remembered.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240427154232.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240427124727.jpg
Who said "Silence is Golden" ?

The second race today was the VGT Cup at GV Highway 1. It's not a WC so, long story short :
My e power needs weren't fully satisfied after the Afeela testing so what else could I do but hop into the new Skoda VGT. And hey, that thing is fast, shockingly fast at times without any acoustic reference but wind and a bit of tire squeal. However, I gotta to admit I've started to like this one. Not only for the looks ...
And btw I won that race easily.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240427185423.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240427180259.jpg
Isn't it great having all these cool concept cars ?

N80N8

Last edited:
Finished up the weekly challenges today.

Detuned my turbo Jimmy with CM tires, but still ran away with it. Still haven't found a "fun" tune for a close race with this car yet.

First time in the BMW Z1, had a blast in VR with this thing. Ended up 2nd behind the newest M3. God aweful interior though, but love the open top.

AE86 Shigeno with light mods got me to 2nd in Alsace. Want to love this car, but haven't learned how to tune well enough to get the balance and response I need to enjoy it.

EK Type R (97 I think) with way too many engine mods (NA) made this race too easy. Going to have to revisit with a fresh model to run the most fun race for me.

Mazda LM55 VGT was the right pick for this race, that 20 car spread rolling start was a bit much. Took the lead on the 8th lap for a clean win

Went for the sure thing at GV with an SF23. I hate GV at those speeds with a controller. It was tough. Came out the pits on lap 9 in 6th. Got myself up to 4th then we had a 3 way battle in the last lap with Wong and Mikhail. Was banging "doors" with Mikhail and garnered a half second penalty which I luckily was able to hold on to 3rd even after serving it. Happy with 3rd and not doing this race again. Won a McLaren VGT which I already owned so sold it.
Grand Valley - Highway 1__2 by 2cam16, on Flickr

Completed the first 4 races today.
Parts ticket got me 300k Weight Reduction stage 5!
20240428_002220.jpg

4 star daily ticket got me this, which I didn't have already:
20240425_144727.jpg

And the 6 star ticket for the Ferrari extra menu book got me this on Thursday, which I also didn't have, and will be using in the GR1 race tomorrow...:
20240425_134549.jpg

So far, it's been a good week 👍

As I suspected, one of my given cars was going to be far too much of a hard ask for even a podium this week...

I started with the first three on my lunch break, hopping in my 400PP Jimny first. Got into first by the end of the first lap and easily held until the end, but no CRB due to some mis-calculations in a braking zone.

Second race, the European FR Challenge 550, I was tasked with taking the Aston Martin DB5 around and trying to get that legendary machine around against much more modern machinery. Needless to say, at over 100PP below the recommendation, it really struggled. I ended 11th, passing only a BMW 3.0 CSL. I really didn't want to modify the DB5, so I decided instead to use a back-up car which kudosprime selected for me: the AMG C 63. At over 650PP, this thing was the complete polar opposite and easily won by absolutely miles! Annoyingly, again down to braking miscalculations, no CRB, but at least an easy win.

Lastly I hopped in the '98 Civic Type R and attempted this one three times, each time using the winnings from the previous race to tune the car up. First run I ended 5th, some 16s behind the Afeela out front. Second time, I managed 2nd, only 3s behind this time. And then, final attempt, there was no Afeela and I managed a win by a little over 3s from the RX-7 up front.

After all that, I collected my prizes:

Carbon ceramic brakes for RS Clio '15. :banghead:
150k cash ticket.
10k from the 4 star daily workout.

Hoping the car for completing them all is more of a reward than the first run!
Finished up the last two races last night. I used the Civic Type R '97 for the one-make Touring Car race (I don't know why it's not just a Civic Touring Car race, because the AI don't use anything else!!) and it took me three attempts plus one abandoned first look. Tried stock - no chance, bailed after less than a lap over 8s down on the field. Got PP up to 523 and tried again. Finished 5th. Tuned up to 547PP to match the Touring Car and ended up 4th. A little more intensive tuning up to 553PP, still on SH tyres, and I managed to get a win at last! Looked good dressed up as the 1997 Gathers Accord.

Then off to Grand Valley, and it was late so I just dialled difficultly down for an easy run. Used my Vaillant-liveried Porsche 919 which I've just made for a livery comp, and stormed the field eeeeasy. No-stop on RM tyres.

Managed to get a 6-star for my daily workout and unlocked the 6-star Car ticket. 6-star ticket gave me a Lexus SC430 GT500, and the 6-star ticket gave me the one VGT I didn't want (because I already have) the Nissan Concept 2020. I was hoping for the AMG VGT or the Italdesign so I dont have to buy them! Alas... both the above will be sold.

Tried the Gr.1 race with the Mazda LM55 VGT Gr.1 on normal mode.

Finished 12 only thanks to my no pit strategy. 31s behind Gallo 😱

Best lap around 1:41 😕
Might try a Super Formula car. Seems like it's a popular choice for an easy win. I managed to finish 30+ seconds ahead of P2 on Hard.

No-stop on Medium tires. I made a lot of adjustments to the Fuel Mix during the race, I don't think you can run FM1 the whole race.

Not sure the car is to blame 😅 LM55 seems a popular choice leading to easy wins for most here 😆
yeah it was a pretty easy one ,had to pit before the last lap ,cause mismanaged my fuel a bit ,but still finished first quite comfortably.

Completed the first 4 races today.
Parts ticket got me 300k Weight Reduction stage 5!
View attachment 1350842
4 star daily ticket got me this, which I didn't have already:
View attachment 1350843
And the 6 star ticket for the Ferrari extra menu book got me this on Thursday, which I also didn't have, and will be using in the GR1 race tomorrow...:
View attachment 1350844
So far, it's been a good week 👍
Ferrari menu ticket gave me a GT500 GT-R which was a double, but still it's good for more extra liveries. Congratulations on your prizes!

What lap times were you achieving?
Here's the tune I used. Not sure whose I started with, but it might have been tweaked.

1000005932.jpg
1000005934.jpg
1000005933.jpg

As far as driving, I was 100% flat for every high speed turn. Brake late and be slow to power out, the 4wd will pull you out too early, but give it 100% when you get back on it, it nearly impossible to spin when tuned correctly. I did not pit during the race.

Last edited:
don´t rember exactly ,but could have been 1.34-35..maybe i remember it wrong ,can´t be 100% sure :D
I was running the same lap times with the LM55 on FM6 and RH tires, I play on Normal AI difficulty since I'm not that good of a driver. I managed to overtake Gallo in the R92CP at the beginning of lap 9, then they all went to the pits before lap 10 and thus I won by 25-something seconds ahead of the only one who didn't pit (Miyazono maybe?).

Here's the tune I used. Not sure whose I started with, but it might have been tweaked.

View attachment 1350994View attachment 1350995View attachment 1350996

As far as driving, I was 100% flat for every high speed turn. Brake late and be slow to power out, the 4wd will pull you out too early, but give it 100% when you get back on it, it nearly impossible to spin when tuned correctly. I did not pit during the race.
Thanks for sharing the tune. This is the first weekly race I’m really struggling with and I only play on normal. I know it’s mostly me as I don’t know the track at all but my LM55 isn’t tuned as well.

You've not signed any contract and it's single player, easy mode might be your friend here. It was for me...
Sure, but I was hoping to succeed (be at least 3rd, on normal mode) in the car everybody is praising for their easy peazy victory on hard mode 😅
Thanks, I'll compare to what I am using.

Last edited:
A fun run this week.
  • Jimny Cup - Obvious 🔰
  • European FR Challenge - Maserati GranTurismo S
  • Japanese Clubman Cup - Toyota S-FR Racing Concept
  • Special Event - Civic Type-R TC 🔰
  • Gr. 1 Prototypes- Mazda 787B 🔰
Rewards:
  • Dupe Italdesign VGT Street Mode from 5-Star Daily (literally bought this last week 😆)
  • Titanium Pistons for M4 Safety Car from 6-Star Part Ticket
  • Dupe LM55 VGT from 6-Star Car Ticket

Tried your tune (before my car was under 900PP, something like 870). 4s faster each lap, best lap 1:38.002 not so good but much better ! Most laps (without big mistakes) were between 1:38 and 1:39.

Switched to easy mode before knowing that my lap times were going down so much, so ended up winning with more than 1min before 2nd, and with bad laps and big mishaps.

Is it me or do the GR1 events ruin the weekly challenges? I loved every other event this week but still haven't even run more than two laps with the 950 race. It's just a drag most times these days. Moar road cars plz. 😂
Mazda LM55 (either VGT or Gr.1, but the VGT has a higher PP), on Racing Mediums, shift at half bar, don't pit, and take the entire first downhill section flat.

Mazda LM55 (either VGT or Gr.1, but the VGT has a higher PP), on Racing Mediums, shift at half bar, don't pit, and take the entire first downhill section flat.
I can win. It's not really that. Generally CRB on hard mode too. I just don't enjoy them compared to the rest. Thank you though!

As someone who's strictly a Bronze -level driver, I'm finding that the last race is the only one that really puts the "Challenge" in "Weekly Challenge" I've tried it a few times in teh SF19, but I was too conservative with the RH tyres and FM, but I think switching to a no-stop with RMs is possible.

AFEELA is a lot less engaging to drive than the TM3, which are both a lot less engaging that anything else in the game.

Attachments

• 65390378ca4f81a8.jpg
    65390378ca4f81a8.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 3
I managed to win the Gran Valley Gr.1 challenge with the Porsche 919 Hybrid (thanks to Praiano's tuning), RM, FM3, no pits.
From the 7th or 8th lap I just had to manage my completely worn out rear tires, but no hassle, I got to maintain the 5s gap I had preciously built to the 2nd car as he hadn't pit either a was probably having his own trouble keeping it on the tarmac. It wasn't easy (I'm on the mid difficulty setting) and I didn't get the CRB as I got to bump a couple of foes on my way up the standings.

Last edited:
Main account took these cars for the races:

Race 1 at Willow Springs: Stock Jimny - 1st Place
Race 2 at RBR: Stock Tuscan Speed 6 - 1st Place
Race 3 at Alsace Reverse: Stock Nismo 400R - 1st Place
Race 4 at Suzuka: Stock EK Touring Car - 1st Place
Race 5 at Grand Valley Highway: Redbull X2019 25th Anniversary Edition - 1st Place

Another fine set of races, not such a good set of prizes, but not bad, final 6 star car ticket gave a Hyundai VGT which I sold for a good amount.
The Gr 1 race wasn't so easy for me as I really struggle on that track, but using the Peugeot Gr1 and FM 6 (so no stops) managed to win by a couple of seconds. Second place was another Peugeot - it's a cracker!
So happy this is a regular event!

Last edited:
Back