What are you Eating/Drinking?

• Thread starter Super-Supra
  • 22,334 comments
20240428_201427.jpg

It's like drinking a Pop Tart. With whiskey.

Getting ready to eat a 20-ounce bag of nachos with chili/cheese. This should be really good tonight. They charged $6.29 for that at my local Sam's club.

Calzone Kitchen slow cooked up another batch of nacho cheesesteak wraps and I grabbed six. Supply is definitely exceeding demand as the fanbase is going rabid for them online. They posted a pack shot to their Facebook group.

Philly cheesesteak calzones.jpg

Here's mine:

20240501_012121.jpg

It's one of those things I like enough to eat even if I'm not even particularly hungry.

Last edited:
Spicy hot pot that I seem to be too tolerant to.

At first I thought I was getting “white boy pot” so as not to scare me off. But I’ve been loading it with extra chilli. Now I just think my mouth has lost all feeling.

I still get a buzz from raw chillis when I cook at home, but I think the sensation of hot pot being hot has lost its chance with me. Nothing I can do can make the pot compare to what I used to feel when eating it as a young man.

m'lady and i were supposed to eat Korean but the wait was too long for 11:30 pm, Just got us both a 3 Finger combo from raising canes :-)

Last edited:
I feel like I have almost mastered the art of the baked potato. Here's my method:
  • Coat a fist-sized baked potato with a small amount of sunflower oil and sprinkle liberally with rock salt,
  • Stab it multiple times with a small sharp knife
  • Place on a baking tray (also covered in rock salt) in pre-heated oven for 30 mins, then turn over and leave for another 30 mins
  • Take it out oven and cut a cross into it, and press inward using kitchen gloves to expose the insides of the potato
  • Add a generous amount of butter, some garlic puree and some grated mature cheddar, and mash into the potato with a fork
  • Top with loads of grated cheese and put back into the oven for a few minutes, then drizzle with a bit of soy sauce for colour
  • Serve with a side of unmelted grated cheese (to add when half-way through eating) et voila
Stick Around Bob Ross GIF by Originals

It's so good, you don't even need to have it as a side - it's a very decent main if you are not that hungry, but served with a grilled or fried meat main, it's fantastic.

Last edited:
We do a very similar way of cooking them.

Instead of Soy we use Worcester Sauce otherwise the same. Super easy and delicious.

I’ve seen a giant roast potato recipe knocking around the socials but I don’t have an air fryer. Those look the dogs danglers.

We do a very similar way of cooking them.

Instead of Soy we use Worcester Sauce otherwise the same. Super easy and delicious.

I’ve seen a giant roast potato recipe knocking around the socials but I don’t have an air fryer. Those look the dogs danglers.
I would normally use Lee & Perrins too, but I also steam brocolli in the microwave with a bit of soy sauce, so just use the leftover liquid from that instead of wasting in. Can't beat Worcester sauce with melted cheese though, in fact I need to get some on my way home tonight!

Khachapuri day. Instead of pizza we took 3 different types of khachapuri - Adjarian(bread boat with cheese and egg inside), Imeretian(simple cheese filled one), Megreli(basically Imeretian, but with additional cheese on top). Was too hungry to make photos, their menu from web
36.jpg

Georgian cuisine is topnotch, as always.

Last edited:
Back