What did you do in FM23 today?

• Thread starter DextroCat
  • 534 comments
Finished the other Open Class events, just have the Showcase race and then on to the Combustion Tour.

• B Class - Ford Falcon GT
  • A Class - Viper ACR
  • S Class - LBWK Merceliago

Last edited:
I'm doing the 10-cylinder part of the Combustion Tour, and my ACR Viper is quite dominant, and I have to say that the Kyalami race (starting in late evening with looming clouds and ending at night under rain) is probably the most visually striking race I've seen so far.

I'm doing the 10-cylinder part of the Combustion Tour, and my ACR Viper is quite dominant, and I have to say that the Kyalami race (starting in late evening with looming clouds and ending at night under rain) is probably the most visually striking race I've seen so far.
Evening, night time, rain and heavy cloud lighting always look the most striking in this game. It's the daytime that looks bland.

Ran the 4 cylinder series today in the 2018 Civic, and will move on to the sixy series next reusing my 98 Supra again as I work it up towards level 30 and then 50.

Was invited to do a spot of driving on some French farm roads in some sort of old heaps. Couldn't stay for the whole thing, unfortunately, but it was fun while it lasted.

Tomorrow, have to get a 70's F1 car ready for a series kickoff next weekend and a club day with the '68 Mustang,

Finished golding the Combustion Tour with a Lamborghini Huracán I had knocking around in my garage. I think it's the 2018 Super Trofeo Evo I got with the Car Pass.

The prize Zonda Cinque Roadster was so much fun I promptly took it out for several Free Play races in which I duly started to smash up the level 7 AI because Quick Setup defaults to 2-lap events starting at twelfth place which is a cordon bleu recipe for carnage.

Last edited:
I went hudless. The game is more immersive without any text on the screen, and it feels like I found the proper way to play it. I might not go back to having info on the screen.

Last edited:
After a weekend of GT7 I am back on FM23. For me it is off the wheel and back on the controller - oh joy! Completed German Rivals and working on JDM Legends now. Slow progress but coming along ok for me.

Tested out a setup for the R-class corvette C8 and took it for a 50-lap race at Road America. 2 pitstops, I let Bob drive the second stint.
Went off on cold tyres and rewinded, this sent 92% of the AI-racers off the track so the last part of the race became a parody. Strange, didn`t turn10 tell us they`ve fixed this?

One quick race around Brands Hatch, brilliant as always.

2 races in the Formula Mazda, absolutely brilliant, probably the best races I've had in this game. +9 and +4 positions in each race.

might be wishful thinking but the side by side driving just feels different, you have so much more trust in the arrows and it seems to have a knock on effect with many giving you more room

Took me something like an hour of tryharding to do this. I'm sure the aliens will put it out of my reach soon enough.

fm 23 brands hatch 300 p1.jpg

6.jpg
10.jpg

Spent the evening trying to (cleanly) win a single race!

I had set up a 7-lap race at Suzuka with the AI difficulty set at 7 in a stock Fairlady Z against other Japanese cars from 99-09 with
a PI limit to match mine. Now when I tried it out the day before it seemed too easy. But yesterday the lead car was a Silvia and no matter how many laps I got to it by or how well I took the last few corners it would always pull away. I did come back to it a few times and once it was too easy or the lead car was a Civic or S2000. But re-loading my saved setup would get me a tough as nails, flawless AI in a Silva. It was a great challenge but I'm gonna have to add some ballast so I can use some upgrades..

The Muppet Show Muppets GIF by Muppet Wiki

Last edited:
Spent the evening trying to (cleanly) win a single race!

I had set up a 7-lap race at Suzuka with the AI difficulty set at 7 in a stock Fairlady Z against other Japanese cars from 99-09 with
a PI limit to match mine. Now when I tried it out the day before it seemed too easy. But yesterday the lead car was a Silvia and no matter how many laps I got to it by or how well I took the last few corners it would always pull away. I did come back to it a few times and once it was too easy or the lead car was a Civic or S2000. But re-loading my saved setup would get me a tough as nails, flawless AI in a Silva. It was a great challenge but I'm gonna have to add some ballast so I can use some upgrades..

2.jpg

Gave it one more go tonight and managed to do it. Nailed that flat out corner and managed to get side by side with the AI. They went wide for the chicane and were still in front but then lost it coming out. 🎉

Spent the evening getting a very hollow victory in an online race at Miami. I thought I would dabble with the online race world so entered one at Miami Homestead - thought everything was going well during practice, qualified well but when the 5 lap race started I was the only one one the circuit. 5 laps later there was a "win" but no improvement to skill rating. Not sure what happened, not even sure it was valid but did get a lot of good laps are the track.

I finished the Open tour just in time to get the Ferrari FXX, and then did the Nürburgring showcase race. Damn scary, but the FXX got me out of trouble just as fast as I got myself into, so my run was relatively clean.
I also got the Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster and did the Mugello race

Last edited:
Did another FM cover car tribute race using a stock Audi. Only managed 3rd from starting last in a 10-lap race against AI on 7.
There was a McLaren I had long passed that kept fighting back and overtaking me and a Mercedes I was chasing for a few laps overtook a car in front, nothing groundbreaking but better than the usual chase the rabbit.

6.jpg

Last edited:
Halfway through the Exotic Speed series, which means I'm so close to finishing the Builder's Cup. Unless it's like FM7 where there are Elite events that unlock after...

Last edited:
Finally finished the Builder's Cup. No extra events like 7, but oh well.

Silverstone at night is scary. Either they need to add more spotlights, or they need to increase the Brightness of the old NSX's lights.

Finally finished the Builder's Cup. No extra events like 7, but oh well.

Silverstone at night is scary. Either they need to add more spotlights, or they need to increase the Brightness of the old NSX's lights.
Every car suffers from no visibility at night. Light cone have a range of 30m

Did the first 2 races of the Retro tour in the Capri, so much fun, it's mad that it took T10 this long to add race cars to the featured tours, I get that they centred things around the building of cars, but having these proper race series is a lot of fun. Got absolutely smoked in the first race, the 13 cars ahead of me were lapping 2s faster than I was, so I put on race brakes and wider tires for the next race and just snuck on the podium on the last lap. Honestly when FM gets it right, there's not much in sim-racing that's better.

Also did a couple races in the open tour on a controller while my wife had fallen asleep next to me, took the Ford Focus RS Turbo 86' into E class, I'm surprised this car is FWD, might have to chuck in a different drivetrain once I take it out of E class, either RWD or AWD like it deserves.

Yesterday; did the open class tour just by picking some of my many hotted up oldtimers.

Raced the first Retro racers series in a Zacspeed Capri. Just maxed tyres and brakes, no power-adds since the car is wery light. 500hp is enough here

Last edited:
Back