What did you do in FM23 today?

• Thread starter DextroCat
  • 557 comments
Yesterday's 50 Reward points - get a car to level 50 (which I did using the MR2 in the open tour class C and B)
Today's 50 Reward points - beat 5 rivals. Ran the 2 new featured rivals at Hakone and Mugello to complete this.
Today's 50 Microsoft Reward points - complete 2 Tours.
Finished off the Open Tour (which i started with my "German" MR2), with my "German" GR Supra which is now my second car at level 50. The 2020 Audi reward car is a bit sloppy handling stock in the final showcase race.

I fired it up for the first time in a while, and despite having the "unsupported" T-GT II (which is about 90% there; I had to invert the force feedback and pedals, and I can't use the wheel for moving through menus or the thumbsticks for moving my POV), I got the Maple Valley Rivals time down to just under 1:42.

I assume I have to have the game via Windows Store or Xbox if I want Microsoft reward points and that Steam isn't gonna cut it?
I bought the game on Windows Store and it's not giving me any reward points. I wonder what I'm doing wrong.

I bought the game on Windows Store and it's not giving me any reward points. I wonder what I'm doing wrong.
Ah, sorry @plop_symphony @UKMikey should have made it clearer. The reward points are linked to Game Pass, basically you get 50 points a day for getting an Achievement in a Game Pass game. (In the UK anyway). I'm trying to unlock one Achievement a day in FM23 to maximise the return.

Having done all the series so far I have been levelling up cars today, doing races on the Le Mans course (with Chicanes) and Watkins Glen Full for lower powered cars. I got the 2006 Astra to Level 50 initially on the Glen but moved to Le Mans when the car was able to do 170mph+. I returned to the Porsche 911 GT2 FE which I’d left at Level 11. I got the 911 it to around Level 30. With some upgrades it was exceeding 220mph before the first Chicane! Lap times were around 3:50.

I’m now up to 19 cars at level 50 and not a single level was AFK grinding. The latest three I got to 50 were the GT40 mkII LM, Dodge Viper GTS ‘13, and the Porsche 911 Carrera RS ‘73.

I was pleasantly surprised by how many upgrades were available for the GT40 and it somehow had better fuel economy at Le Mans with its big block V8 + twin turbos than the normally aspirated 3.8L Flat 6 I swapped into the 911.

The Carrera was quick with the stock engine but I went with the flat 6 over the V8, V10, and V12 options to keep things reasonable, but after I equipped racing tires and the widebody in Free Play, the game gave up on matching my PI and I raced against bone stock cars from my class/division which provided zero challenge. It seems like the AI in Free Play can’t use conversions or Aero upgrades since the stock turbo cars seem to be able to match a higher PI than those that are NA stock and I’ve never seen any aftermarket Aero on my opponents.

The Viper was fast but nothing says “I’m playing Forza” to me more than driving a twin turbo Viper with AWD! I don’t think it has much more power than my supercharged Viper in GT7 if not a bit less even but AWD makes it stupid fast. I didn’t want to turbo my Enzo but I think I’ll give the Turbo+AWD Enzo a drive when I get home from work today.

Been working through the Track Specials series in my Mercedes 190 E. Aiming to complete it without upgrading to earn that achievement. Altogether a nice change of pace from this week's Ferrari **** featured series 👍

Last edited:
Won my first multiplayer race! Probably the last time I'll win anything too. C class open lobby, Lime Rock south chicane with the 1990 Miata. I qualified on pole and was a full second per lap faster than everybody else... along with another player in a Miata who qualified second, so we had a good battle for first place throughout.

First I picked up a Cadillac prototype (the Whelen one, cause red cars are always faster) and got in some practice for the upcoming featured series races. It's a bit of a handful, but unlike so many prototypes in the past I don't feel like I'm squinting through a mail slot while trying to drive it, so it's been easier to get a handle on.

After about an hour of that, I picked up an Infiniti G35, aka the Skyline everyone forgot about, took it over to the C class open series and beat up on a bunch of German cars with funny looking bodykits. Mostly this was because I happened to see a G35 coupe sitting at the buy-here-pay-here lot near work, and remembered that it was A Car That Exists and is in this game.

I maxed out my Bugatti EB110 SS and can confirm that you can still swap in the Veyron SS W16 engine that produces about 1100HP like in FH5. I also just about maxed out my GT40 mkI (lvl 48) before I had to sleep and there are several swaps available including the mkII 427 and the GT ‘17 V6TT but I went with the Ferrari 6.5L V12 for maximum irony and power.

Had two super Class C online races yesterday. Clean, respectful and close. Came 4th and 3rd after some pretty great racing imo.

Tried some Class C online myself yesterday. Much better races than the Spotlight ones were.
Used it to max my Marc 190 E.
The first race was an odd one - there were only 5 of us in Practice, one dropped out before the race. In the race I got ahead of a 1974 Toyota driven by a Siciliano who quit 1/2 lap before the end... I'm now expecting one of these on the pillow :scared:
Horse Reaction GIF

Anyway, all this meant that I finished 3rd and got the trophy for finishing on the podium in multiplayer (which I had assumed I would never have any chance of getting)!

Finished out the prototype series and claimed the Acura, Turns out it uses the P1 cars so the Cadillac I got earlier wasn't eligible, but the Ginetta I bought ended up feeling pretty similar, just faster in a straight line. It doesn't seem to like wet conditions very much though, Silverstone was a bit of a struggle on the low speed corners. And of course that was the one race where the front wheel drive Nismos found a podium finish, go figure.

As far as the Acura goes, it feels slightly faster than the Cadillac but I can also tell it has a bit less grip overall. That could easily be fixed with a proper tuning setup, but with stock setups I think the Cadillac is easier to drive. Still, it's good to have another option in that class.

Since the Class C open multiplayer races were replaced by...
awkward the simpsons GIF

All that was left was P1 or the spotlight Ginetta which is ... P1. So if you don't like P1, Turn 10 says "tough ****" and you're ****ed this week...!
Anything C class? Nope
Anything B class? Nope
Anything A class? Nope
Anything S class? Nope

Ran 1 race in the Ginetta to finish off the 100 laps achievement. Well, when I say race, Wreckfest would have been cleaner...!
S Rating and 2700/5000 apparently qualifies you for... pea brains who think side swipes and headlong shoves off the track are "fun".
Luckily I only have the "gain 12 places" (which I'll never get anyway) and "300 multiplayer laps" achievements left in multiplayer. I might try to eak out some more laps when something around C/B/A class is available. Or i might just decide i C.B.A.

Luckily I only have the "gain 12 places" (which I'll never get anyway) and "300 multiplayer laps" achievements left in multiplayer. I might try to eak out some more laps when something around C/B/A class is available. Or i might just decide i C.B.A.
The multiplayer laps can be done in private lobbies as well, so can always grab a friend and just relax and try out some random cars together to earn it with the lobby set to a "meetup" (or whatever they are calling them now) so you can jump in and out, like a track day kinda.

The gain 12 spots thing is actually really easy, just don't qualify so you start at the back. Can probably pass 12 cars just on the first lap with the amount of carnage in these lobbies. I'd recommend trying it on a "medium" length race though as it gives you more time to work, and people will inevitably screw up the tire strategy stuff as well for a few extra spots. Hakone Club is a really good track for it too, it's super wide so it's easy to avoid the chaos, and it has multiple lines so a lot of people will go for dumb overtaking attempts and you can cross them over super easy.

Driver Level at almost 320 with no AFK or Money Glitches. The joys of Retirement and 4-5 hours a day on the game. Over 7 million credits. Over 80 cars (full discount on Porsche and Toyota). I haven’t been buying expensive cars in case they come up as a Spotlight Sale, which look to get 30% discount. Currently levelling the M4 to Level 50. Had a break from that with the Ferrari 250 GT.

Is it my imagination or do you get more levels with a slower car on the Old Mulsanne Circuit? This morning I got 7 car levels in 5 laps on the 250GT (top speed around 150mph) compared to the M4 with 6 Car levels (top speed around 180mph) in 5 laps.

Is it my imagination or do you get more levels with a slower car on the Old Mulsanne Circuit? This morning I got 7 car levels in 5 laps on the 250GT (top speed around 150mph) compared to the M4 with 6 Car levels (top speed around 180mph) in 5 laps.
Yes, I've noticed that too, though it isn't as simple as a slower car always levelling up faster, but a slower car can level up faster than a faster car. The game seems to compensate for the lower performance in a way that can over-compensate. In terms of levels per lap, a slower car might always level faster, the question is whether it's enough to level faster per minute, given the slower lap times. In my experience it can also take fewer minutes to get a slower car to level 50, whereas without whatever compensation happens, it should take longer as it's completing segments less frequently.

Ran 1 race in the Ginetta to finish off the 100 laps achievement. Well, when I say race, Wreckfest would have been cleaner...!
S Rating and 2700/5000 apparently qualifies you for... pea brains who think side swipes and headlong shoves off the track are "fun".
I did some multiplayer for the first time yesterday, just the first 3 qualifying races. At the end of that, it displayed some messages about the whole thing, and I noticed it said that it matches on skill rating first, then safety rating after that, which is the opposite way round to how Gran Turismo does it. My 3 races became progressively less like Wreckfest, but I think that was mainly due to qualifying better. The first race started early for some reason, so I hadn't got a qualifying lap in, and it took basically the entire race for things to settle down, as people ramming me kept me in the melee part of the field. 2nd race I instantly ran the qualifying laps in case it started early again, but ended up using mediums, so started lower down than I should have. 3rd race I at least did my instant qualifying laps on softs, so had my best grid position, but still lower than if I'd dared do some practice laps first. Neither of the 2nd and 3rd races started early like the 1st one did, so my haste in getting the qualifying laps in turned out to be unnecessary. I think I finished 5th, 4th, 2nd, getting S safety rating and 43xx skill rating.

Last edited:
Yes, I've noticed that too, though it isn't as simple as a slower car always levelling up faster, but a slower car can level up faster than a faster car. The game seems to compensate for the lower performance in a way that can over-compensate. In terms of levels per lap, a slower car might always level faster, the question is whether it's enough to level faster per minute, given the slower lap times. In my experience it can also take fewer minutes to get a slower car to level 50, whereas without whatever compensation happens, it should take longer as it's completing segments less frequently.

I did some multiplayer for the first time yesterday, just the first 3 qualifying races. At the end of that, it displayed some messages about the whole thing, and I noticed it said that it matches on skill rating first, then safety rating after that, which is the opposite way round to how Gran Turismo does it. My 3 races became progressively less like Wreckfest, but I think that was mainly due to qualifying better. The first race started early for some reason, so I hadn't got a qualifying lap in, and it took basically the entire race for things to settle down, as people ramming me kept me in the melee part of the field. 2nd race I instantly ran the qualifying laps in case it started early again, but ended up using mediums, so started lower down than I should have. 3rd race I at least did my instant qualifying laps on softs, so had my best grid position, but still lower than if I'd dared do some practice laps first. Neither of the 2nd and 3rd races started early like the 1st one did, so my haste in getting the qualifying laps in turned out to be unnecessary. I think I finished 5th, 4th, 2nd, getting S safety rating and 43xx skill rating.
So many uses of slower and faster in that first paragraph :lol:

Spent a couple of hours levelling up my Corvette Stingray FE only to find it wasn't eligible for the S Class Open tour. :ouch:
Sorry, planet :lol:
This was definitely me being a dumbass. I forgot to click on the My Cars button in car selection. The Stingray is a go for this race. Stand by for action.

Maybe I ought to drive a turquoise Morris saloon next. An Aqua Marina.

Last edited:
This was definitely me being a dumbass. I forgot to click on the My Cars button in car selection. The Stingray is a go for this race. Stand by for action.

Dangit, now I have to try and make a version of that Stingray livery for my car. Guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend! :lol:

Did the Acura showcase and got some Rivals times in. I didn't think I could find any more time in the A class Stingray Laguna Seca VIP time trial so was surprised to suddenly find myself 0.368 seconds faster simply by paying better attention to my cornering. Yay.

Last edited:

Morris Marina would be awesome 👍
However, while you wait, why not try out a Ford Thunderbird instead ;)

I've completed the Prototype series today, there's an excellent tune called "OP" which is available at level 13 for the Ginetta.

Also did the Acura showcase. Ironic then that in my opinion the Acura is much better handling stock than the Ginetta you have to use to win it :lol:

Finishing the Track Tour also got me the Achievement for completing 3 Tours. I'm now up to 32/57 and still managing to pace out 1 achievement per day.

Morris Marina would be awesome 👍
However, while you wait, why not try out a Ford Thunderbird instead ;)
An inspired choice, sir (dare I say a fab one?). It'll be fun, fun, fun, at least until someone's daddy takes it away.

Meanwhile, back on topic, I've chosen to share this uninspiringly dull photo with the world simply for the sole purpose of getting the 10 GamerPoint "Paparazzi" achievement.

2 (6).jpg

Last edited:
Got the Lynk 03 up to level 30, which let me test my theory about converting it to rear wheel drive. Sure enough, just doing that and nothing else woke it up quite a bit. Turns out shedding 300-some pounds from the front end and getting rid of that lawyer-repelling front torque split makes it much less stubborn on corner entries, even if it's a little less quick in a straight line.

The body kit it's got looks pretty good too. Once I finish leveling it I might see about building a bootleg touring car for kicks, even though I have the actual touring car version already.

Completed the "10 races at max AI level" achievement earlier using Free Play for my 50 Game Pass points.
Also ran through the MX5 series in a nice green car with brown top. Which felt dead slow after the P1 races of before. I'm at the stage now though (being an old fart) that I struggle with the faster cars.
The MX5 did get squirrely at top C for the last race , need to grab a tune for the future.

Back