What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 12,015 comments
Apart from doing the long GTWS race at Round 5 in Sport mode, this was my hotlap practice beforehand in the MAZDA.

I was defo quicker in the MAZDA for this race, but just choose to be diffrent this time.

Last edited:
I want to be smooth as well as quick, so I watched replays of my online daily races from other players' POVs to see if I'm an erratic menace that needs to clean up their act. There's room for improvement.

Last edited:
@Evilmuffin gave me a reason to take the swapped Alphard (700 PP Version) to Nordschleife

1000010883.jpg

On the GTP account, I ran a bit of practice at Daytona in a rental Mazda for a 6-star Wheel of Despair that puked out a 2017 Ford GT, flipped for a mere 284,690 Cr. The GTWS race didn't go too bad; an off cost me the CRB, but ultimately didn't cost me any spots as I got a 5th.

I was too tired to do a Plus run.

-Bought the C3 Corvette, tuned it and drove it around Watkins Glen.
-Bought the Audi TT 3.2 and drove it around Grand Valley.
-Bought the Audi TT S '14, tuned it and drove it around the Red Bull Ring.
-Drove my tuned Porsche 911 Carrera RS CS (993) around the Red Bull Ring.
-Bought the '02 Honda NSX-R and drove it around Suzuka.

Lately I’ve been trying to use cars in my garage that I either haven’t driven, or rarely have. The other day I brought out the Lamborghini Diablo SV and took it to Sardegna for a quick race after golding the TTs.

It’s a fun drive, but also a strange one. Most V12 Lambos are. There’s a lot of weight behind you which creates a lot of traction, but also a big force to fight against when turning. The steering is strangely light in this thing, and turn in needs to be done carefully to avoid understeer. You can see me try to flick it in to a couple corners but it wasn't having it, and would just understeer away.

It is FAST and planted though, and is a formidable thing. It beat everyone up here pretty well even though it seemingly needs miles to stop from high speeds.

The SV is definitely a car worthy of more seat time!

Diablo SV - Sardegna

-Did the Afeela time trial on Maggiore.
-Modified the Ferrari Testarossa and drove it around Autopolis.
-Drove my Porsche 911 GT3 (996) around Fuji.

- Tried many times to gold Barcelona CE with the Lambo but failed at +/- 0.2sec.
This one isn't as easy as it seems. I'm close but the gold requires no error. At all.

- Improved the 4th firsts sectors (were already golded) at Ste Croix as training for the full lap.
Then, easily golded the full lap after 3 tries: 1 crash, 1 at 3:01.xxx, and gold at 2:59.087
The Bugatti is a real monster but nearly easy to drive.
1714750442339.png

Speaking of CEs, only 2 full laps are still in bronze...

I made a custom race at Green hell for 3 laps , 20 cars ,start last.
Since i am trying some cars in stock mod i figure out this cause isn't bad to get some credits from testing 😉.
What surprised me the most ,was that I didn't hit any cars and just had one off in third lap when i was pushing for better time.

Other than that just did all weekly races in a row early this morning and save the 800k for later use.

Perhaps late night to do some khm for daily marathon cause from tomorrow am on a trip for the Easter, from 27 Celsius to 15 Celsius......pa mal.

Speaking of CEs, only 2 full laps are still in bronze...
Well, it's no more accurate now...

1714765648817.jpeg

Good news, only one full lap still in bronze now...
Bad news, it's in Tokyo... :nervous:

Le Mans in silver is good acheivement for today. Still need to gain 3.5 secs for the yellow reward. It's really not easy but not that hard with the 908 which is perfect for Le Mans.

So, I've decided to work few minutes on this Tokyo circuit because it's probably the hardest one to gold (apparently), so I really need to improve my skills.

Sector 1
  • prev score : 0:15.378
  • new PB: 0.15.285

1714765932792.png

Sector 2
  • prev score : 0:22.193
  • new PB: 0.22.125

Probably the hardest sector of the hardest circuit. Brutal.

Sector 3
  • prev score : 0:11.315
  • new PB: 0.11.207

1714766242800.png

Sector 4
  • prev score : 0:21.285
  • new PB: 0.21.153

Full lap
  • prev score: 1:19.588
  • new PB: 1:16.254

1714768189194.png

I've gained more than 3 secs and guess what? I still need to gain 3 others secs to enter the yellow territory...
Even reaching silver (1:15.000) seems almost impossible to me.

Beside this, I have a real problem with those urban tracks, it's too oppressive, too aggressive, too anxiety inducing... I can't really explain exactly but try to imagine you are driving while being in apnea. So uncomfortable....

Thanks to my leaderboard friend @MUC76 for the motivation to do better, to do faster, and to do higher.
You're still faster on the 4th sector (by 9 thousandth) and you've golded the full lap with a very decent score.
Respect Dude, you're clearly my reference !

Last edited:
I have a real problem with those urban tracks, it's too oppressive, too aggressive, too anxiety inducing... I can't really explain exactly but try to imagine you are driving while being in apnea. So uncomfortable....

Thanks to my leaderboard friend @MUC76 for the motivation to do better, to do faster, and to do higher.
You're still faster on the 4th sector (by 9 thousandth) and you've golded the full lap with a very decent score.
Respect Dude, you're clearly my reference !
Great improvements Daniel 🏆
One thing I remember at Tokyo counterclockwise is that if I pushed too much, I got slower the more I pushed. Then had to take a break and start again with less emotions 🙄

I just did the "Sony car thing" time trial at lago this evening. The car drives horrible, but very predictable horrible 😅
1000010944.jpg

Hopefully they give us something to shift soon 🙄

Cheers
M

Last edited:
Sorry for not posting for a while, today claimed my TT winnings, ran the Urus snow challenge came 2nd, ran the race of turbo cars at Suzuka in the Mitzi GTo.

Today I completed one event of the weekly challenge batch (the american FR challenge) using a trustworthy Viper GTS '02.

Then I ran 15 laps or so at Lago Maggiore with the Sony's Vacuum Machine but with no new PB. Since the WR improved I'd like to improve my time there too. But not today.

After that I decided to make use of my Ferrari invitation and buy a LaFerrari in order to complete the extra menu. A 6 stars ticket gave me a Porsche 919 hybrid Gr1 which I can sell for 1,9M in the next few days when its avaliation improves. Today the GT Auto thing would give me 1,5M. The LaFerrari costed me 1,6M so..... I can make a profit there.

It was a lovely GT7 day.

Edit: @Pesselles you're sorely missed back at the Time Trial thread. 😃

Last edited:
On the GTP account, after collecting 1,000,000 Cr. for getting silver in the expired time trial, I did the weekly challenges:
  • Tokyo Japanese FR Challenge in 3:25 with a stock 2022 Mazda Roadster, but only after 80 miles of not being able to get a clean run mostly because of traffic
  • Trial Mountain American FR Challenge in 7:00 with a stock 1F15 Ford Mustang GT
  • Lake Louise Special Event in 5:27 with a stock (other than snow tires) 2018 Lamborghini Urus
  • Suzuka Race of Turbo Sports Cars in 12:36 (with heavy rain on laps 2-3) with a stock 2010 McLaren MP4-12C...after 160 miles of banging my head
  • Lake Maggiore WTC 800 in a "not-clean" (after 103 miles of trying for the CRB in just this race; I didn't know where I lost it) 21:06 with a stock Chevrolet Corvette C7 Gr.3 on FM 3 to make it a 1-stop race
After over 380 miles of driving, the 4-star Wheel of Despair puked out the low-showing/lowest-possible 10,000 Cr. I was too tired and frustrated to anything else, much less do a Plus run.

Last edited:
After family went to bed I did a few daily races with the kart at Tsukuba which was really funny 😃
Since the sportsmanship ranking is affected race A seem to have a chance to be enjoyable again 👍🏻

1000010977.jpg

Last edited:
4 star ticket, 10k reward... But I had fun driving the XJ220 in the hypercar parade events.

Last edited:
On the GTP account, I did some testing to find my GTWS strategy, which, while putting miles on the car, didn't give me any marathon miles and didn't trigger the expected oil degradation.

That GTWS race went about as well as expected, 6th on-track and 4th after tire penalties. The DR is back to high-D range, a bit higher than it should be. The cashless 4-star Wheel of Despair gave a S bore-up for an engine that I already have 2 of that part.

-Drove the Jaguar XJR-9 around Kyoto Driving Park.
-Bought the Ferrari 365 GTB/4 to complete the Ferrari V12 menu, and the 6 star ticket reward gave me the VW Golf VGT. I then drove both cars around Laguna Seca.

Last edited:
Only did a single race to get the daily ticket and chose Tokyo 600pp in my freshly re-liveried 959. Easy win for 825k credits, daily ticket was a 5* which gave me an incredible Ferrari FXX-K in a fantastic Nero Stellato color scheme. However I already owned an FXX-K (in Giallo Modena) and thus I sold the double for close to 2,5mil.

20829676855551086.jpg

Currently doing a boatload of American 550 at Trial Mountain with the new event. Really relaxed, except for the Ford Deuce (Roadster SEMA) I'm driving is a death trap with a fully tuned engine swap.

Even with TCS 5 it'll still over-rev above 180 MPH/ 300 KPH 'ish due to the from having tiny tires on the front!! 🤣

Edit: I brag too much in my opinion so I removed a few lines.

Last edited:
Back