What is the difference? 110S and Cosmo Sport

• Thread starter albynomonk
  • 28 comments
albynomonk
I checked the car database but the cars look pretty much identical. Is there any difference between the Mazda 110S and the Cosmo Sport versions? Which is better?

My B-Spec driver just pulled out a 3rd place finish in an online race with a 110S '68, was watching him drive and I started to like the looks of the car.

From what the Apex guide says, the're different, not like the 350Z LM Race car and the Fairlady Z LM Race car, or as the Clio V6 Race car and the Lutecia V6 Race car.

The 110S L10A is from 1967, has 110HP@7000, 13.3kg/m@3500, weighs 940 Kg, is 4,140 mm long, and 1,595 mm wide. The 110 S L10B from '68 on the other hand has 128HP@7000, 14.2kg/m@5000, weighs 960 kg, is 4,130 mm long, and 1,590 mm long. A world of difference!!!

/rant about Sony/PD and their stupid ways of over-inflating a badly chosen car list with 33 Miata/MX5/Eunos Roadster's, K-cars, and duplicate cars.

From what the Apex guide says, the're different, not like the 350Z LM Race car and the Fairlady Z LM Race car, or as the Clio V6 Race car and the Lutecia V6 Race car.

The 110S L10A is from 1967, has 110HP@7000, 13.3kg/m@3500, weighs 940 Kg, is 4,140 mm long, and 1,595 mm wide. The 110 S L10B from '68 on the other hand has 128HP@7000, 14.2kg/m@5000, weighs 960 kg, is 4,130 mm long, and 1,590 mm long. A world of difference!!!

/rant about Sony/PD and their stupid ways of over-inflating a badly chosen car list with 33 Miata/MX5/Eunos Roadster's, K-cars, and duplicate cars.

Yes, the 110S '67 and 110S '68 are slightly different cars, my question is regarding the 110S '68 and the Cosmo Sport '68. Is there any difference between these two cars?

But you missed something. Here's what's the deal,

There are,

110S (L10B)
110S (L10A)
Sosmo Sport (L10B)
Cosmo Sport (L10A)

The L10B is the better model, but I think that the 110S L10B is the better one. Slightly. Or atleast it was in GT4...

But you missed something. Here's what's the deal,

There are,

110S (L10B)
110S (L10A)
Sosmo Sport (L10B)
Cosmo Sport (L10A)

The L10B is the better model, but I think that the 110S L10B is the better one. Slightly. Or atleast it was in GT4...

Yeah, the stats on the L10B look better... I just wasn't sure if the Cosmo was better than the 110S, or vice versa. I think I'll try to locate a 110S, thanks for the info.

I have one, it's stock. How about you borrow it? There quite rare cars. But I can;t get on anytime soon so just keep looking. :)

I have one, it's stock. How about you borrow it? There quite rare cars. But I can;t get on anytime soon so just keep looking. :)

I appreciate the offer, but I want to add one to my garage. :) I see it's a prize in the 4 hour Mazda Endurance race, guess I might have to break down and do it!

May that be because different regions of selling? Just a guess since the slightly different named counterparts seem to be identical in technical regard?

May that be because different regions of selling? Just a guess since the slightly different named counterparts seem to be identical in technical regard?

My guess would be one was sold exclusivly in Japan and the other had international sales.

This is correct, the car description in the garage says :-

In May 1967, Mazda debuted a futuristic sports car call the Cosmosport (Sold as the Mazda 110S outside Japan).

I did some research, hoping to prove Toronado wrong, but it turns out there really is no difference. Matter of fact, a couple of the websites I visited call this car the "Mazda Cosmo Sport 110S", as though it only had one name.

http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z16713/Mazda-Cosmo-Sport-110S.aspx

There is a huge diff between '67 and '68 models, though. The '67 has a 4-speed gearbox, the '68 has 5 speeds, plus a few other differences already noted earlier in this thread.

Whether or not they're the same.
But I do know that.
Even if there was some difference between the two cars in real life, PD made no effort to actually model those changes in game. They made cursory badge changes and then copied the specs from the Japanese model over to the export model. This can be seen in the other hundred or so cars where PD did the exact same thing, even for models that were drastically different in real life between regions (like the Lexus GS models, or the Nissan 240SX) where PD still copy-pasted the specs of the JDM version to both (or all three) of them.

Last edited:
But I do know that.
Even if there was some difference between the two cars in real life, PD made no effort to actually model those changes in game. They made cursory badge changes and then copied the specs from the Japanese model over to the export model. This can be seen in the other hundred or so cars where PD did the exact same thing, even for models that were drastically different in real life between regions (like the Lexus GS models, or the Nissan 240SX) where PD still copy-pasted the specs of the JDM version to both (or all three) of them.

There's so many inconsistencies with Lexus/Toyota. I know in GT4 there were several WTFs about these. Agh....don't wanna get off-topic, though.

OK, sorry for the resurrection but I was confused by this too.

I don't think it's visualized in the game too well, but the side view mirrors are slightly different, one being full chrome top to bottom, and the other being half painted the cars color.

and trim is darker on one, like a grayish chrome.

And the signature but can't tell what the one on the right is even supposed to say.

second pic is IRL so u can see mirror differences, and also the trim being a fraction darker

Edit: Friend on Facebook pointed out the hesdlights look like use a different density for the glass too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240214_005925_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240214_005925_Chrome.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20240214_010543_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240214_010543_Chrome.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Back